NATION

PASSWORD

Question about Proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
The Order of the EZIC Salt
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Question about Proposals

Postby The Order of the EZIC Salt » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 am

So I've been seeing two sections of which the GA proposals are being divided into; Legal and Illegal.

What do these mean? If a proposal is illegal, can it not be put up to debate as a resolution?
Join the United order of Pigeonstotzka! Click here to view region.
Regional Happenings
Blackacre causing worry within citizens of the EZIC Salt, potatoes found to go well with carrots
The Abyss
For I have gazed into the abyss, and the abyss has stared back into me,
For I have gazed into the depths of hell, and the depths of hell have stared back into me,
And each time I did they drew me closer to the point where a man loses his rational thought; insanity,
And they have converted me into a monster.
For I am the abyss, the shadow of doubt,
For I am the depths of hell, the shadow of fear,
And when thou stare unto thee,
I shall stare unto you with the mercy of a wolf,
And that shall be the last image you will ever see.
A shadow of doubt and fear, which has destroyed your very existence.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 am

The Order Of The EZIC Salt wrote:So I've been seeing two sections of which the GA proposals are being divided into; Legal and Illegal.

What do these mean? If a proposal is illegal, can it not be put up to debate as a resolution?

If a proposal is illegal, it can't make it to the "at vote" stage, which is when all WA nations can decide whether it passes. A legal proposal can, if it gets enough approvals from regional delegates, go into vote and then, if it gets more than 50% of the votes, become a resolution.

Authors are highly encouraged to post their drafts on this forum first, because the proposal rules can be a bit difficult for a newbie. Here we can help people make proposals legal, or let them know that something (like, say, a total ban on guns) will never pass, and so it's a wasted effort to try and draft something like that.

Proposal rules: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348
Passed resolutions: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Return to General Assembly