NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC][Open]The Pointless Odyssey of Navi's Gate

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

[OOC][Open]The Pointless Odyssey of Navi's Gate

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:04 am

Credit to Vashperado

IC

Introduction's Theme

Contradiction. From the Latin noun, contradictio. Meaning, from the Merriam-Webster dictionary of the English language, an act or instance of contradicting; a proposition, statement, or phrase that asserts or implies both the truth and falsity of something; a logical incongruity. The best example of a contradiction: Humanity.

Sometime in the early 2700's, scientists finally decided that the pollution and environmental abuse had caused irreversible damage to the Earth's atmosphere and environment. The ozone layer seemed to have been recovering hundreds of years ago, but with the deterioration of Sol and an increase of industrial production in the Third World Countries, the progress soon dissipated and its condition was now worse than ever. Due to that, the Greenhouse Effect had slowly been increasing to the point that the scientists theorized the entirety of Earth's ice caps would melt by the 3000's, leaving massive amounts of what was now highly inhabited coastline underwater. It was because of the complete and utter agreement of the scientific community along with the persuasion of many different companies that the decision was made,
in many countries, to do the impossible: To change what it means to be human and leave Earth behind forever.

The year 2976: The first Arc ships, made by the Coalition of European and American Nations, leave the planet with massive amounts of population aboard, leaving behind only the old, infirm, and poor.

3000 C.E.: The Shanghai Co-Operative Sphere for the Survival of the Asian Cultures send their own highly advanced arc ships into the unknown, bringing with them the best and brightest and leaving behind, again, the old, infirm, poor, and politically dissonant.

In the year 3145, the polar ice caps had fully melted, most of the Mediterranean countries were now underwater, the Sahara had been flooded back into a massive lake, and it was officially declared by the remaining countries that Earth was unsuitable for continued habitation of such a large population. Those who remained that could afford passage on the new breed of Arcs would report to the nearest stations, most of which were now in Africa, the richest continent on the planet and the most inhabited. Those that could not...

Those that could not would be left behind.

In their rush to create a perfect world, to live in decadence and pleasure, Humanity had destroyed their first and, possibly, only home. They had created great machines to abuse it, praised it in their art and culture, but in the end, nothing they could do could save it. And so, in their destruction of the world, they created their future in the black nothingness of space, wishing to create again, trying to escape their nature. Humanity at its core is a contraction: They create only to destroy; they destroy only to create. They put the two words in a dichotomous relationship and then destroy that very relationship with their very existence. Humanity can never escape their nature, only accept it.

While Humanity destroyed Earth, that very same Earth did not destroy what was left of her children. Those left behind did not disappear into the dust that the others created. Remnants of the cities of the world were soon morphed into massive megalopolises as the poor and downtrodden poured into them to create sanctuaries and reform society. They would not die, they would not fail, and many thought they would rise from the ashes on their own arc like a Phoenix, showing their long lost cousins that the poor are not to be forgotten. But soon, as the daily grind took over and society was once again reformed, the grudges and trespasses of those long gone are forgotten. As those on Earth moved on, scavenging from the ruins of the Old World and living in the massive cities of high-tech scrap, even the Stars were forgotten thanks to haze and smog that was now their sky. But it was simply quid pro quo...

For the Stars had forgotten Earth as well.

It's the year 670 A.F.D, or After Final Departure, and in the city of Neo-Kiev there is a single woman who remembers the stars. A single woman with the resources, determination, and single-mindedness to make the first space ship on Earth in 600 years, to gather a crew, and to throw all caution to the wind in the hopes of a better life among the stars.

Her name is Anastasiya Kuznetsov.

And you're a part of the idealistic, ingenious, amazing, psychotic, crazy, insane flying psyche ward she calls a crew.

Welcome aboard the Navi's Gate, traveler. We hope you find what you're looking for among the Stars.

Greetings

As I said above, welcome to Navi's Gate, or rather, the Pointless Odyssey of Navi's Gate! This is a little side project I came up with because a certain someone cough, CC, cough thought I couldn't just make up an entire RP based on one picture. So I did to prove that person wrong and fell slightly in love with the world I made along the way. Instead of letting this project fall by the wayside and disappear into whatever void forgotten projects fall into, I've decided to OP this and let all of you that want to mess around inside. Isn't that generous of me!? Just kidding, darling, I know it's generous of you for considering even being here, so thank you!

Anyway, on to what this RP is about.

PONG, as I like to call it, is a story about an incompetent captain and her fairly competent crew escaping from the surface of scarred Earth to live a better life among the stars. They have no idea what's up there or what has become of the previous arc ships and yet they have hope that whatever is up there is light-years beyond what they could have on Earth. No part of the RP takes place on Earth's surface except for some part of the introduction and players get free reign after leaving the stratosphere. Kinda symbolic of the characters getting new life, hmm? Also, all characters got on the crew by being personally selected by Ana and recruited in person. Anyway, it's a sandbox RP that takes place on the Navi's Gate and whatever space stations or planets they dock/land upon. The Captain doesn't exercise any real control over what people do and effectively the job of each person on the ship is to make any money they can to contribute to the refueling and repair of the ship. Basically, Kuznetsov wants the crew to do odd jobs on the planet, make a profit, and a certain percentage of the profit goes to the ship fund. This allows me to allow the players, you, to come up with any sort of quest line you want to do and me to hold my own main quest line for the planet that can be worked into it. And of course there's an over-arcing story that will eventually be introduced, it has something to do with an evil alien race from beyond the edge of the galaxy or something equally sci-fi. Imagine a combination of Cowboy Bebop and Firefly and you'll get the basic idea.

Rules
Co-OPs - Castle Crashers, The GAmetopians

• Typical 'My word and the word of my subordinates is law' rule
  • Typical 'Don't be stupid/mean/a godmodding prick' rule
  • Just follow the basic NS rules, please.
  • At least two paragraphs a post. This one's mainly for me...
  • This thread's kind of a comedy, so just... nothing too dark? Please? For me?
  • Having fun is a requirement. If you're not having fun, I will find you and break each of your bones until you are having fun.

Application

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=200][color=#4000BF][b][u]PONG Application[/b][/u][/color][/size][/align][hr][/hr]
(Delete everything in parentheses)
[floatright][img](CharacterImageHere.jpg)[/img][/floatright]
[b]Name:[/b] (Do I even...?)
[b]Age:[/b] (In Earth years, please.)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Biological, please.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Anything the picture misses about your character. Height and weight are necessary.)
[b]Position on the Ship:[/b] (Your profession. The Gate will fit as many as needed and we need as many as we can get.)
[b]Skills:[/b] (What you good at? What makes you worthy to be called 'fairly competent'?)
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[list]
[*](Just put your shit here, add a * in brackets to get the point)[/list]
[b]Biography:[/b] (I want some pretty good length. Two paragraph minimum like the post rule.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (How do you act? Also just add the whole likes/dislike shit here.)
[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Optional but I like doing it.)
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (You can skip it if I know you.)[/box]
Last edited by Free Empire of the Low Isles on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Vrimsen's Archive
The Archive will be updated when lore is learned through missions

Named the Navi's Gate by her captain, this strange amalgamation of unique starship design, old tin cans, and duct tape is the product of the Navigation Initiative started by Kuznetsov Incorporated. The genius engineers Orion and Hazel Conwell were hired to design, build, and eventually crew the ship by Anastasiya Kuznetsov, who is now captain of the vessel. Classification-wise, the ship could not be considered anything more than a small corvette and even that is a generous consideration, with the vessel being more in-line with previous records of civilian ships that worked as cargo haulers. Navi's Gate can fit around fifteen people comfortably, with two having to reside in the independent shuttle craft that are attached to the sides. These shuttle craft contain a bed and enough storage to store food for two weeks, with the intended purpose of being landing craft or fighters during an altercation. Weapons-wise, the shuttles have two fore-mounted rail-guns, two aft-mounted rail-guns, and a free-rotating missile launcher. The Gate herself has similar specifications when it comes to weapons, with the four fore-mounted rail-guns being under the pilot's control, the two port and starboard rail-gun turrets being independently controlled, and the aft two rail-guns being controlled, again, by the pilot. She also contains two missile launcher bays, fore and aft respectively, that can launch a variety of missiles that may or may not be against some war law conventions. Also, she has three tricks slipped into her hull: firstly, there's the cyber commando Celeste Morgans that can utterly destroy a ship's computing if she can get access; secondly, the Gate can deploy a fleet of miniature drones controlled by the ace-pilot Vicious that can dismember a ship with their experimental mining lasers; thirdly, deep within the bowels of the Gate, there's a singular missile silo that's attached to a big red button in the cockpit that can only be pressed if the Head Engineers, the Captain, and the First Mate all agree to fire... Big Bertha. Protection-wise and speed-wise, the Gate isn't the most stable nor tank-like of vessels, but she's speedy and agile,
like a leaf on the wind. The Conwells created her FTL drive for their thesis in college and call it the Conwell Independent Wormhole Inspiration Drive, or Kiwi Drive for short.

The Captain of the Navi's Gate and daughter of Vladimir Kuznetsov, the CEO of Kuznetsov Incorporated. Ana personally spearheaded the creation of the Navigation Initiative,
personally finding all the members of her crew and recruiting them directly. No one, not even her father,
understands exactly why she suddenly developed a vast interest in space. She was only interested in being lazy and playing video games all day before, but suddenly she appeared at the top of the stairs one day and said she wanted to start a new life in space. And after some very intense Ukrainian negotiations with her father, the Initiative was created. First, the Conwells, the inventors of the Kiwi Drive, were hired on to design and create the Navi's Gate. Secondly, the supplies were gathered and the ship created.
Finally, the rest of the crew were recruited, with a strange emphasis on military or combat-able personnel.

This is the code name for Kuznetsov Incorporated's project to recruit a crew and to build a ship for Ana Kuznetsov's mission to go to space. It is the subject of much espionage and for some reason it has not been discovered by the governments nor the other corporations of the world exactly what it is, so the launch of the Navi's Gate is a massive surprise to most of the world.

This massive multi-trillion dollar conglomerate of companies is based in Neo-Kiev and has its fingers stuck in a lot of pies. It was created in the 300s ALD by Pyotr Kuznetsov as a small, family-owned weapon manufacturer. Quickly, their reputation as the best gunsmiths in Eastern Europe spread, causing their fame and business to expand. Soon after that, their small company expanded massively in Neo-Kiev, eventually buying other family owned businesses and fostering them into massive monopolies of their own. In this world of corporate deregulation, it was very easy for the Kuznetsovs to become oligarchs of the megalopolis and to basically take control of every business in the city. While it has taken them 300 years to get to this point, they are very proud of their accomplishments and are looking expanding into other megalopolises and eventually other continents.

The cradle of humanity has fallen. It's once blue skies are covered in constant smog,
the deep seas and oceans are tinted brown and black with oil, their vibrant life now dead and floating to the surface with the only survivors horribly mutated into lives of constant pain. Humanity itself survives,
in constant fear of dying by smoke and smog inhalation or by being killed by the mutated wildlife in the wilderness. They have gathered together into massive cities such as Neo-Kiev, Novvy Petrograd, San Fransisco, and New Londinium. Corporations have run out of control, taking more and more control in legislation and becoming practically synonymous with government. Governments themselves act as merely security blankets for the upper class when the truth is that the rule of law has not been restored,
simply painted over the anarchy that rules the lower classes. Criminal organizations abound and mercenary armies fight corporations' proxy wars in the wastelands. Scrap has become virtual currency while virtual currency such as bitcoin is used to negotiate among the corps for new equipment and scavenging rights. Militaries exist in service to the governments, but they're too busy fighting wars against other megalopolises to do any good for the populace. Overall... it's pretty dystopian.
Last edited by Free Empire of the Low Isles on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Dramatis Personae
Character Limit: 2 per Player

PONG Application

She's the girl in the title card.

Name: Anastasiya 'Ana' Kuznetsov
Appearance: Height: 5'9. Weight: 135 lb. While piloting and living on the ship, Ana wears the exact same clothes as shown in the title card. On planets, stations, or otherwise in the company of people who are not her crew, she wears typically jeans, black combat boots, a belt that she wears slightly too loose that has a holster, some sort of retro video game graphic tee that speaks to her wealth because those are incredibly rare, a jacket of some description, and some kind of knit cap or hat. Ana also has a massive scar over her heart.
Position on the Ship: She's the Captain, now, biatch.
Skills: Anastasiya doesn't have many things she's good at, but she has three loves in her life. Mathematics, piloting her ship, and playing video games. The first she's alright at simply because it helps her with the other two, the second is a wonderful happy, and the last is her life. Other than those, she can shoot like a civilian... and she can read and write, which are skills when compared to most in Neo-Kiev.
Equipment:
  • The access codes for the Navi's Gate.
  • A single pistol specially made by her father, called the Kuznetsov Mk. 10 v. 4
  • Several video games, some of modern creation and some of retro style.
  • A locket with something inside.
Biography: For those living in Neo-Kiev, the name Kuznetsov is synonymous with 'God'. They are the richest family in the entire city and have been that way for the last three centuries. One can find that name everywhere and anywhere in the city, even in places you wouldn't expect... such as family owned bakeries, flower shops, and other civilian operations. It's also found in politics, of the government and of the crime families, and mainly... in the arms business. Kuznetsov Incorporated is a big business in a lot of pies, but what it's known for is literally making the Arms Manufacturing pie for Eastern Europe. For many mercenaries, it's the brand to swear by, and if it isn't, than one of their many satellite companies probably is. Indeed, for many on the European continent, you can't get away from Kuznetsov when you're buying a weapon you actually intend to use. For this reason, many in Neo-Kiev treat the family like celebrities. But there's one member not many people know about.

Anastasiya Kuznetsov is a bit of a social recluse when compared to the rest of her family. She didn't wildly date boys for entertainment like her sisters or women cousins and she didn't hunt or scavenge or go into the military for attention like her brothers or other cousins. Many wondered what her deal was, why she was so different from the others, until suddenly they heard that she was gathering a crew personally so that she could go into space.

And then they knew what was wrong with her.

She was fucking insane.
Personality: Literally just disinterested. She only gets excited when playing games or doing adrenaline junkie type things. Also, she's got a bit of a sarcastic streak.
Theme Song: Anything hardbass.
RP Sample: I'm the OP. I'm pretty sure I know me.

PONG Application

Name: Orion Conwell
Appearance: Height: 6'0. Weight: 175 lb. Orion typically wears thick cargo pants with as many pockets as possible, all of them constantly filled, and some sort of black t-shirt. He also wears black working boots and keeps a knife in them at all times possible. Also, around his waist is a fire proof jacket that he keeps there just in case. Strange scars cover his hands, looking like little knife cuts all over them, but their small and white and almost faded nowadays.
Position on the Ship: One of the Head Engineers
Skills: If something has to do with electricity, gears, oil, or anything engineering wise, Orion is all over it and probably has the blueprints memorized. He naturally has an affinity for mechanics, no matter how advanced or simple, and loves anything that can be classified as a machine. Even ramps. This guys loves himself some ramps. He's a hardware dude, though, and when it comes to software, he's completely lost. And with a lot of other things too, he's completely incompetent. For example, he doesn't really know how to fight with anything but a knife.
Equipment:
  • Wrenches, screws, nuts, bolts, screwdrivers, channel-locks, and many other tools.
  • A soldering iron that he bought to replace the one Celeste hasn't given back.
  • A handheld blowtorch that he knows is his and has been with him since his first soldering iron disappeared.
  • A knife that can heat itself almost to the melting point of carbon steel.
  • A pair of glasses that are able to analyze a part of the ship and detect if something is going wrong.
Biography: Talent is hard to find in a world abandoned by everyone with talent. So, when someone finds talent in the slums of New Londinium coming from a little red headed street urchin that's being taken care of by his older brother who pays for everything in scrap, it's somewhat of a big deal. When it was discovered that Orion Conwell had the ability to basically take anything apart and build it back better than ever, everyone on his street was talking about his future. How he would succeed where they had failed, how he would soon become the most well known name in all of the NL... how he might actually go to college. All of these things were pretty big news to Orion when he heard them and it was kind of surprising when two out of three succeeded. He went to college at the top of his class and he succeeded at that, so he succeeded where everyone else failed.

When he was at college, Orion realized he was rather unique with his ability, and this kind made him develop a superiority complex. But when he met Hazel, the girl who he would come to marry, that complex suddenly became very simple. So simple, that it didn't exist. She matched him at everything he did and for a very long time they were rivals. Until he finally got up the courage to ask her out. A few things happened along the way, they met Ana Kuznetsov, and suddenly they were designing and building a space ship to take her to the stars. And now they're the lunatics that will keep the junker flying in the cold embrace of space.
Personality: He's a little ADHD when he's near the engines and the FTL, but at other times he's rather calm and collected and able to joke around with almost anyone.
Theme Song: Overtime by the Youngblood Brass Band
RP Sample: Who am I again?

The Girl Who Hacked Her Way to Stowaway - Celeste Morgans - played by Spindle

He's Got the Bones of a Great Alcoholic - Celsus Bell, M.D. - played by Brusia

Pint-Sized Officer in Legit Pint-Sized Heels - Perinua Vrimsen - played by Khasinkonia

His Nickname's Vicious, Need I Say More? - Victor Morgenstern - played by House of Judah

The Very Friendly Nurse! - Casper Joans - played by Castle Crashers

The Grease Monkey Wife - Hazel Conwell - played by Castle Crashers

A Mercenary Hired by Dreams? - Lena Velton - played by The GAmetopians

Steve? - Alastair Haywood - Doughertania

An Employed Brand of Vodka - Volya Nikolaevich Smirnov - played by Tracian Empire
Last edited by Free Empire of the Low Isles on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Reserved, just in case.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 am

Okay, this looks pretty cool. Tag, and this time I'll actually get around to making an app.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 am

I still have no idea what sort of a character to make.. but tag :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 am

Obviously, tag! :3
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:29 am

Tagging. Engineering officer incoming...
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 am

Spindle wrote:Tagging. Engineering officer incoming...

Hoooooollllld up!

Sorry, we already got two. So if you're fine with being under two head engineers, that's totally fine.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:08 am

Kuznetsov?

Really?
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:10 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Kuznetsov?

Really?

Wut? Is last name, ya?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Kuznetsov?

Really?

Wut? Is last name, ya?

It's just..

Using the name of the only aircraft carrier that Russia has is somewhat ironic :P

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:15 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Wut? Is last name, ya?

It's just..

Using the name of the only aircraft carrier that Russia has is somewhat ironic :P

Welp... It also means 'of Smiths' so... I just went with that because her family makes stuff.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:18 am

Tracian Empire wrote:It's just..

Welp... It also means 'of Smiths' so... I just went with that because her family makes stuff.

It's just that Kuznetsov the carrier is pretty much a joke in Eastern Europe, since we all thing that it is a relic, with a highly incompetent crew.

So the name itself is perfect, don't worry, but I'm going to always associate it with the carrier xD

Tasmansland
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:55 am

PONG Application

Name: B2S4 (abbreviated as B2)
Appearance: He has a holster for a small laser pistol.
Position on the Ship: General Assistant (can do a number of odd jobs to assist various characters)
Skills: Is a jack-of-all trades, knows a bit of managing the ship, engineering, cooking, other common jobs.
Equipment: B2S4 has almost anything he would need for a job; cooking utensils, tools for general repairs, and anything else he would need for his jobs. He also has a small laser pistol for self-defense.
Biography: B2S4 was one of thousands of his kind manufactured for working on the Arc ships. However, his programming malfunctioned, and B2S4 ended up with a snarky attitude, and sometimes refused to do things that he saw as dangerous. Therefore, his creators tried to destroy him. However, he escaped from the facility. His creators didn't try to give chase - they had a quota to meet.
Over centuries, B2S4 got into many sorts of adventures in many sorts of places with many sorts of people. Of course, B2S4 was never truly happy.
He was programmed do one thing, but he was denied a chance to do it. Therefore, he wandered from place to place, trying to find some kind of purpose. Finally, by pure luck, he met Anastasiya Kuznetsov. The two shared common goals, and so B2 quickly began working with her. He used his technical knowledge to help build her ship. Now, he will finally fufill his purpose. But will he be truly happy now?
Personality: B2S4 is snarky, and unlike most robots, has a sense of self-preservation. He won't do something stupid just because a human tells him to. Meanwhile, B2 has an attachment to the spaceship that he has helped built, and he is fiercely proud of it. He is much more like a man than a robot. (B2S4 is kind of like K2SO)
RP Sample: Life: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=415907

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:56 am

Spindle wrote:Tagging. Engineering officer incoming...

Hoooooollllld up!

Sorry, we already got two. So if you're fine with being under two head engineers, that's totally fine.

Wauuuugh? Other people taking engineering?

Arright...I'll find something else to do...

*Grumbles*
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:59 am

Spindle wrote:
Hoooooollllld up!

Wauuuugh? Other people taking engineering?

*Grumbles*

Yeah, I have one and CC has the other head engineer.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:20 pm

I am here
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Tag. I think I'm going to go with some sort of biologically modified human, or maybe an android, managing communications and mission archives.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Spindle wrote:Wauuuugh? Other people taking engineering?

*Grumbles*

Awwww...

Arright. So engineering's taken. Anyone on systems and cybersecurity?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Lemme just go ahead and reserve shipboard security, if that's allowed.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Spindle wrote:

Awwww...

Everything is free besides engineering.

Spindle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Spindle wrote:Awwww...

Everything is free besides engineering.

Arright. I'm dibsing cyber-security persons, if I cans.

Tasmansland
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Tasmansland wrote:
PONG Application

Position on the Ship: General Assistant (can do a number of odd jobs to assist various characters)
Skills: Is a jack-of-all trades, knows a bit of managing the ship, engineering, cooking, other common jobs.
Equipment: B2S4 has almost anything he would need for a job; cooking utensils, tools for general repairs, and anything else he would need for his jobs. He also has a small laser pistol for self-defense.
Biography: B2S4 was one of thousands of his kind manufactured for working on the Arc ships. However, his programming malfunctioned, and B2S4 ended up with a snarky attitude, and sometimes refused to do things that he saw as dangerous. Therefore, his creators tried to destroy him. However, he escaped from the facility. His creators didn't try to give chase - they had a quota to meet.
Over centuries, B2S4 got into many sorts of adventures in many sorts of places with many sorts of people. Of course, B2S4 was never truly happy.
He was programmed do one thing, but he was denied a chance to do it. Therefore, he wandered from place to place, trying to find some kind of purpose. Finally, by pure luck, he met Anastasiya Kuznetsov. The two shared common goals, and so B2 quickly began working with her. He used his technical knowledge to help build her ship. Now, he will finally fufill his purpose. But will he be truly happy now?
Personality: B2S4 is snarky, and unlike most robots, has a sense of self-preservation. He won't do something stupid just because a human tells him to. Meanwhile, B2 has an attachment to the spaceship that he has helped built, and he is fiercely proud of it. He is much more like a man than a robot. (B2S4 is kind of like K2SO)

Reposting this so someone can review my app

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Tasmansland wrote:
PONG Application

Denied for now. Your RP sample was not good enough and your bio didn't make up for it.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse