NATION

PASSWORD

Did you like Mass Effect 2?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hamilay
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamilay » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:00 am

I started a second game because I thought I'd try out DLC stuff I ignored the first time round but I have mixed feelings now, it's all a bit ehh. Mostly this time I can't really be arsed listening to everyone talk on and on which is about half the game as you know. Crash on every second loading screen doesn't help.

Whole Conviction
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Whole Conviction » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:03 am

Hamilay wrote:I started a second game because I thought I'd try out DLC stuff I ignored the first time round but I have mixed feelings now, it's all a bit ehh. Mostly this time I can't really be arsed listening to everyone talk on and on which is about half the game as you know. Crash on every second loading screen doesn't help.

Crashing is strange. >.> I didn't get a single crash, and my xbox is quite notorious for doing so, especially when I pound it by playing for eight hours straight. Is this xbox or PC? Does it have other issues, or is it just this one game it objects to?
I got told to get a blog. So I did.

Non Aligned States
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Non Aligned States » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 am

Whole Conviction wrote:My main companions in my normal playthrough were Garrus and a revolving slot. Depending on whether I wanted Jacob (for pull to get people out from cover), Jack (to blast people out from cover), Thane (for double sniper goodness), or whatever. In the first game, I generally stuck with the same two for the whole game... in the third, I wasn't so wedded.

Insanity playthrough, I took Grunt on every mission. He's more or less required. The other, again, customised depending on enemy being faced, since special abilities were so important. Took Legion on the final mission. That was fun... using the Widow sniper rifle, he took about 2/3 of Harbinger's armour away with one shot. ('Course, he only fired one shot every eon or so.)

I usually get Garrus and Miranda for her squad bonuses.

Though what I'd really have liked to see was a Ymir companion. Screw banter and dialogue. If they want you saving the universe again, and can afford the four billion dollar price tag, you could afford to throw a couple of nuclear powered walking tanks your way.
Last edited by Non Aligned States on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post-Unity Terra
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Post-Unity Terra » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 am

Non Aligned States wrote:
Whole Conviction wrote:My main companions in my normal playthrough were Garrus and a revolving slot. Depending on whether I wanted Jacob (for pull to get people out from cover), Jack (to blast people out from cover), Thane (for double sniper goodness), or whatever. In the first game, I generally stuck with the same two for the whole game... in the third, I wasn't so wedded.

Insanity playthrough, I took Grunt on every mission. He's more or less required. The other, again, customised depending on enemy being faced, since special abilities were so important. Took Legion on the final mission. That was fun... using the Widow sniper rifle, he took about 2/3 of Harbinger's armour away with one shot. ('Course, he only fired one shot every eon or so.)

I usually get Garrus and Miranda for her squad bonuses.

Though what I'd really have liked to see was a Ymir companion. Screw banter and dialogue. If they want you saving the universe again, and can afford the four billion dollar price tag, you could afford to throw a couple of nuclear powered walking tanks your way.

I don't think they can afford the price tag. Illusive man spent all his money on raising you from the dead and building you a sweet space Ferrari. You can tell because he pawned all the furniture in his lair.
Last edited by Post-Unity Terra on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

KenKenpachi
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby KenKenpachi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 am

Yeah those Mechs were pretty bad assed.
MAKE WAR NOT LOVE
"Sanity? I don't remember having such a thing to begin with." ""Sanity? Worthless things like that, I would not have as long as I can remember."

"Nation States General board. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

Non Aligned States
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Non Aligned States » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:11 am

Post-Unity Terra wrote:I don't think they can afford the price tag. Illusive man spent all his money on raising you from the dead and building you a sweet space Ferrari. You can tell because he pawned all the furniture in his lair.

He could afford to pay for Jack's release, and then rescinded the transfer. I think he can afford to toss you a few walking nuclear battle tanks. Hell, since you have an AI on board, you could put the thing under her control. That'd be pure awesome.

At least until it talks about baking moist and delicious cake.
Last edited by Non Aligned States on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Avayu
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Avayu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:04 am

KenKenpachi wrote:
Uhh yeah wrote:whats the filename of firewalker dlc

Firewalker Pack, its on the Cerb. network in the games directory, I was surprised to get it for free.

What, Firewalker is already out? Why haven't I noticed it yet? Or is it just for the English versions of the game?
Last edited by North Avayu on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mainfield
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mainfield » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:51 am

I love the game.

There is so much to do and all the free extras with the code. I also just hooked my xbox 360 to a new HDTV and the difference was amazing.

Post-Unity Terra
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Post-Unity Terra » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:59 am

Mainfield wrote:I love the game.

There is so much to do and all the free extras with the code. I also just hooked my xbox 360 to a new HDTV and the difference was amazing.

Bit of a waste for Mass Effect, I think. I got an HD monitor and at the highest resolution the textures are excellent but they look like they're on lego men. No AA feels bad man.
Last edited by Post-Unity Terra on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General