NATION

PASSWORD

Mellow-Brook Academy, Chapter One: Arrival (IC Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Mellow-Brook Academy, Chapter One: Arrival (IC Open)

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Mellow-Brook Academy IC
Chapter One: Arrival
Worldbuilding-IC-OOC

It is the first day of the new school year at Mellow Brook Academy. This year has more new students than years past. Unfortunately with the surprising death of Sebastien Morrow several students will not be showing up, while others will only appear later due to personal reasons. Who knows what mysteries and surprises this year holds in store for the Students of Mellow-Brook, new and old.

Table of Contents

Chapter One:
Chaper Two:

Current IC Situation

The First day has ended and friendships were made. However thigns are not as they seem at Mellow-Brook, what lies in store for the students second day.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 pm

The Old station,
The Night Prior

At the Old Station there was a group of youths assembled, teens all of them, but they were in truth little more than children, barely being counted as teens. They were here to prove themselves and to brave the horrifying experience that was the Old Station. There were 5 of them in total, 3 young boys and 2 young girls around the same age. Each of them was a student at Mellow-Brook, and this was the last chance to try this before school began and they would be confined to the Academy, for most of the week.

They had arrived early to Beaver Bay, as some students did, mostly those whose parents did not want to be bothered with them for even a day if they could be sent off. The youngest of the boys, a young man named Jessie who was large for his age, strode up to the building, his two smaller companions following as the girls hanged back to watch. As he approached the door and lay a hand on it, that was when it started, the Screaming. It was blood curdling, as it started, it was a scream of fear, then as it progressed it became one of terror and pain.

At the screaming, they all froze, well they were frozen but for the terrified shivering that was happening to them all. The group screamed as a figure stared to appear within one of the windows above the door. They all stopped moving, even breathing as they stared at it. This solemn near silence was interrupted by a crashing noise sounding from behind the group. They all bolted, with one of the girls looking back, he eyes were not on the figure in the window, but the one that started to creep out of the dak of the night, heavily scarred and terrifying.

Theo glanced over at the building, where the screaming had silenced. He glanced up at the figure, which seemed to stare at him. Just before the figure in the window vanished, Theo saw a flash of red. He shook his head and Snorted, he had seen stranger things, well almost. He extended his right arm and rubbed the scar that spanned most of the left side of his torso. Afterwards he continued reaching and opened up his shoulder bag, still watching the building. He pulled a chocolate bar out of his bag and turned awaya as he unwrapped it and broke off a square.

Mellow-Brook Academy,
The First Day

In the Study of the Headmaster and Principle of Mellow-Brook Academy a figure was standing, looking out one of the windows. He was wearing a set of what some people would call Academic robes, he was the Headmaster, though it was doubtful he would lead this year’s orientation ceremony. He rarely did anymore, the only students he interacted with regularly ere the Meta’s, those with extraordinary Gifts, or Curses, as some powers were an unwelcome burden. This Academy existed in part to help those that were troubled by their abilities. A Meta with an uncontrolled or uncontrollable ability can be a dangerous and costly thing.

The headmaster watched the students approach the building and sign in below before heading to the Cafeteria. That was where the introductory speech was to be given, after which some questions would be asked and answered. After that, the students could either eat and converse with their fellow students or go explore around campus a bit. While the files of the students usually gave an idea about who would be troublemakers and who would be normal, this exercise narrowed the field as it were. Many of those who would cause trouble often wandered into certain area, entirely by accident of course, or they tried to sneak off campus and into the nearby Town.

Some of the Students were being dropped off by hasty parents, while a few, the minority had bus rides. The academy did have a working bus or two, but they were rarely used. Several of the students caught the headmasters attention, one was more so than others. He was dressed in a loose fitting button up shirt that was barely buttoned. Over that he wore a hoodie of sorts. It was not his musculature that drew attention, as toned and notable as it was, not it was the massive scar that marred his form. It extended from his waist, possibly lower, all the way up to his head crossing one eye, which was miraculously intact.

It was not just that, but he seemed to have a near permanent scowl on his face. This contributed to his intimidation factor, but was slightly offset by the chocolate bar hanging from his mouth. He was reasonably tall with blond hair that frames his face, and his eyes were a bluish green. These features were often not seen or noticed due to the massive scar marring his form. Theo Chambers looked up at the figure whose eyes he felt upon him and glanced away as he shook his head and entered the building.

There was a short line as he entered, leading to a secretary of sorts who had a stack of papers and other info concerning Students. He advanced when it was his turn in linem the secretary asked is name, to which he replied “Theo Chambers” The secretary nodded and glanced at the list near her before marking him off. She handed him a schedule of sorts, that listed his classes as well as any clubs he is eligible to be in. Along with that a Map of the school was handed to Theo as well. She spoke saying "All of the Students are gathering in the Cafeteria where the Orientation is to take place. Make your way there."

She gave him a rather brief cursory glance, surprisingly there was little reaction to his scarring. Usually there was a little widening of the eyes or a more severe reaction. Theo just shook his as he started walking to the Cafeteria. He reached it soon enough and as he opened the doors the smell of food that most cafeterias have hit him. There were few people seated, but that was to be an expected sight, Theo was reasonably early, arriving only at the start of the time. He took a seat at a table at the ack, pulling out another bar of Chocolate and nibbling on it as he settled in.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Alexandros Promethea,
Mellow-Brook Academy Cafeteria

"Every damn time I come here, I'm always surprised to see how utterly unchanged this place is..." Con muttered in the car, a long black affair that looked more government than civilian and indeed had about as many defenses hidden in it as the President's own vehicle. The spy-turned-bartender looked over at his younger cousin, smoke floating from the lit cigarette at his face. Alex, who had his own cigarette, glanced at Con with a raised eyebrow before sighing and putting out his cigarette in the ash tray. "Yeah, strange thing about old places with money, Con, is that they typically don't change. Spend all their cash on keeping the place as new as possible while being as old as possible. Kind of an idiosyncrasy, huh?"

Con snorted. "The term you're looking for is oxymoron, moron. You really need this school, don't you?"

"Yeah, well..." Alex muttered, looking out of the rolled down window before chuckling and throwing a care-free smile at his cousin. "Okay, that was pretty good. Gotta give you that one."

"Didn't make me a spy for no reason. I have brains as well as brawn, unlike some people."

"Hey, hey, hey. Just 'cause you're a bit bigger than a prawn doesn't mean you can start sayin' you have 'brawn'. I can still whoop your ass."

A laugh, short but as far from harsh as possible, escaped from Con as he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, you can whoop my ass... when I tie my feet and hands together. And even then, you have to break out the fire to put a scratch on me."

"You wanna go ri-?"

"Get the hell out of my car, moulari!" Con said, giving him a fake stern look and a point. "You're gonna be late if we keep this little dialogue up for any longer."

Rolling his own eyes at his cousin, Alex raised his hands in a concessionary gesture before grabbing his backpack and hopping out of the car. Waving behind him without looking, Alex also heard the sound of the car pulling away from the curb with a bit of a honk to try and embarrass him. The Greek turned and waved rather erratically at it as the car left, before laughing and winking at a few people who glanced over at his display. It was obvious since his first steps on the campus: Alexandros Promethea was a bit of a joker. With a resigned look over his face, Alex walked his way into the entrance of the school, taking a glance at everything around him. Eventually, his eyes landed on a tall blonde kid, who, once Alex was able to casually make his way to a place that he could see his face, had a massive scar on his face that seemed to move further down his body. Slightly interested, he filed away the face for later questioning and possible friendship. Sure, the scowl on his face was a bit intimidating, but anyone that liked chocolate enough to have a bar hanging out of their mouth at this sort of time was certainly not that bad of a person, right?

"Name?"

Suddenly pulled from his own world, Alex glanced at the Secretary and then gave her a quick smile. "Alexandros Promethea." he said simply, tapping the desk with a finger as he leaned on it slightly. The Secretary rolled her eyes and looked at her list for a while, flipping a few pages. "It's spelled P-R-O-M-"

"Found you." she said simply, handing him the 'schedule' and map. "Please, go to the cafeteria. That's where everyone is supposed to go."

"Thank you!" Alex said, taking his supplies and then quickly making his way to the cafeteria. Upon walking in, he glanced around and took a quick judgement of the situation. With that, Alex decided that it was best to sit toward the back and did exactly, choosing a place near the blonde kid from before.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:15 pm

"Hey. Let me see your phone." She held out one hand, using the other to brush her long white hair back. The bewildered student she was addressing took a little more prodding, but eventually handed the device over, much to her relief. "Thanks," she said shortly, pulling up the text function and typing in the number she knew by heart... not by choice.

You were sending me so many texts, I thought my phone needed a little cleaning. So I dropped it in a sewer. This isn't my phone, so don't write back.

And don't try to figure out my new number, either. I may not have evidence, but I'm not stupid. And even if I'm wrong on that account, we both know what else you did. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you. I don't want you contacting me again. And if any of the aforementioned things happen, I will personally murder you with my bare hands. And I'll enjoy it.

Have a very nice day.

She sent the message, blocked the number, and returned the phone. "Thanks," she said yet again. "Had to send a message, but my phone met an untimely demise. Don't unblock the number, by the way. Just... trust me on that."

She walked off, without another word of explanation, moving to the cafeteria as directed. Hopefully that'll do the trick, she thought, tapping the phone in her pocket. If he doesn't know my number, or where I am, he can't bother me, right?

Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure.

Music.

Music was the only thing that existed for him. He didn't need anything else, ever. After all, if the music ever stopped, he could hear them again, all of them, everywhere. And he couldn't stand it.

So he sat there, alone in a corner, listening, because it was all he had left.

That was all right, though. It was good music. And it made them all quiet... and there was relief, finally.

And the music just kept playing.
Boring. Boring. Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring.

Rather predictably, she was bored. Assemblies and whatnots that she couldn't care less about. She fiddled with one braid, jotting down a quick addition to her latest sketch. She wasn't sure what it was going to be. But it would be something, and something interesting, as things always were when she made them.

She wished she could just speed up time and fast-forward right through all the nonsense, but her powers didn't quite extend that far. How... unfortunate.

By which she meant, suddenly I'm feeling homicidal.

This was a rather common occurrence. So far, though, she hadn't killed anyone.

She was also currently waiting for the outcome of a bet she'd made with herself on how long it would take for her to actually decide to kill someone. She'd made elaborate plans in the eventuality that she needed them... wanted them, she supposed, was the more appropriate term.

Maybe, this year, she'd use one.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Melody Jordan

Here she was again, another year at Mellow-Brook Academy. The sight of the old building never ceased to be refreshing, and it had been from the first time she showed up there. It always reminded her that she was far, far away from her strict, controlled life with her parents. Here, she was free. This school was a symbol of her independence, and of her ability to do as she wished with nearly no consequences. It was always a sign of new beginnings. She doubted she was the only one that felt the same way, too. With a nod of self reassurance, she walked up the pathway with many other students into the doors of the elderly building. It always felt the same, too, she noted. She guessed it had to do with the buzz of energy from newer students. She signed in quickly, giving her name to the secretary when asked, and got her schedule before proceeding into the cafeteria, as the others had. Deciding against being in the midst of so many people, Melody decided to take a seat near the back of the crowd, next to a redheaded boy who sat next to a certain scarred individual, that of who, she noted, didn't quite put off the same intimidation his appearance did. She also made note of the fact that the redhead she'd decided to mistakenly sit next to...smelled like cigarettes. It was impossible to confuse with anything else. It was such a thick, toxic smell...did he know what he was doing to his body with those things!? It was a horrible habit! What other mistakes was he making!? She gave a soft sigh and decided to try and ignore it, instead focusing on the students filing in and thinking about the orientation that was ahead of them.

Felix Reynard

Oh, yes, here he was! Yes, it was true! He was finally going to officially attend Mellow-Brook Academy! He'd waited so long; when he'd first moved to Beaver Bay, he'd arrived too late in the school year to succeed in the classes, so he decided that he would simply wait until the next school year began to attend. After all this time, he was finally here! With such excitement and joy, he couldn't keep the smile off of his face as he proudly walked to the front doors of the Academy, took a deep breath with a large smile, and entered. It was finally happening...he almost couldn't believe it! It felt like a dream! It felt so unreal, the secretary had to speak twice to draw back his attention. Annoyed, she once more blankly called for his name, which he excitedly responded with "Felix Reynard, ma'am!" She didn't seem amused at all, simply checked off his name before she handed him his schedule. He kept his eyes on his schedule as he walked to the cafeteria, checking all of his clubs and classes, nearly forgetting to take in the school environment around him. This also meant that he nearly ran into more than three or four people on his way...but that still didn't ruin his mood! In a state of pure, young energy, the shaggy-haired boy took a seat next to some of the students with a wide grin, and when he had, he only continued to observe his schedule with wide eyes. He nearly forgot to even introduce himself to those around him...but he decided it could wait. He had a schedule to memorize, after all, as a new student at Mellow-Brook Academy!
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:28 am

Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI
Mellow-Brook Academy, Cafeteria

While most people could easy be looked over as one of the crowd that approached the school, there was one person who stuck out like a sore thumb. His name was Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI. Why did he stick out? Well, he was comparable to a walking mountain with his over seven foot height and general big build. Many people glanced at him, and seem to give him plenty of space. Maybe they were scared of him because its not everyday you see a giant scottsman who almost permanently looks cross.

Upon entering, Aengus did hit his head as he didn't duck down enough to make it through the door way. There was a short string of near silent swears as he rubbed his head, cursed the door way and stepped in line. When he got to the front, he did as all the other students did, answered the secretary's request for his name. "Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI." He said, and was soon handed the same thing as everyone else, his schedule and a list of all the clubs he was eligble to join. However, unlike most people, the papers looked almost comically small in his hands.

He then made his way to the cafeteria, hitting his head on every door way getting there. He'd have to get used to the height of the door ways at the Academy, but that meant hitting his head was going to be quite common. Each bang was followed by near silent swearing, even as he entered the cafeteria. He quickly scanned the room, and then made his way to the very back, and attempt to sit on one of the chairs. Only for the chair to collapse under his weight, followed once again by near silent swearing as Aengus moved and sat on the ground against the back wall.

Lora

As Lora approached the school, she did the best she could to avoid eye contact with others. It wasn't that she was antisocial, but due to a certain other half, she was very cautious about others and therefore very shy. When she entered the line, she couldn't help but notice the giant that stood maybe two people in front of her.

Even from behind she felt a slight bit of fear. Someone that big was definitely strong, and maybe they were like her, a meta. But she also felt a slight amazement. For someone to be that big, that was just amazing to her. She watched him, even though she knew that staring was not nice, as he left and hit his head on a door way. She gave her name, got her stuff and headed for the cafeteria.

When she got there she looked for a place to sit, and she found a spot maybe halfway up, with no one around. So, she made her way to the spot and sat down.

Ziph Mirage

Ziph was early. As such, he was one of the first people in the cafeteria. He watched as people entered from his spot on the Court's platform behind the podium. Normally he'd want to cause some chaos during what was coming, but he decided that it was best if he kept Loki away for this ceremony. He noticed certain people as they entered, both for himself, and for his job as the Spymaster of the Court.

Scar face... He thought when he saw Theo, Oh... that's a scary look. Might be fun to mess with him.

Mr. Red Hair... He noticed Alex, Except for the red hair, you look very boring.

Miss White Hair... Ziph saw Meira enter, Oh... There is something there that might be fun...

Mr Headphones... He thought and looked to were Morgan sat, Don't you know that's rude?

Ah... There's Rowan. he thought and glance at Rowan, Probably bored out of her mind... fun tool to use.

Oh? Blue hair? he thought and noticed Melody, I would say that's unique, but Mr Headphones also has blue hair

He looks innocent. Ziph thought and looked to Felix, Yep. Definitely innocent. He might be fun to break.

Oh my... Ummm... Ziph's roaming eyes locked on to a giant figure that had entered the cafeteria. Wow... is he a student... Yeah, he just tried to sit down. That was funny. This guy looks interesting... now now Ziph, no smirking.

And there she is. Ziph thought and turned his attention to Lora as she sat down, Is she Lora or Gwen? Lora's fun to mess with, and Gwen is fun to point at others. Basically, she's fun.

With that, he continued scanning the room.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Adelaide Monday

Adelaide was at the school early, and she was currently just tapping her fingers against the top of a table she was sitting at. She didn't know what to think about this new school, but she sure hoped that she'd have a good time here. She didn't know much about the school at all, so she didn't know if it was dangerous or had a lot of bullies. She could only pray and hope that the school year would be at the very least decent.

White Brothers

"Could you hurry up already, Sailor?" The older of the two asked as he was already at the door of the school, his brother still in the academy parking lot. "You don't want to be late on the first day, do you?"

Sailor chuckled as he didn't pick up his pace. "Well, now that you mention it, it sounds pretty tempting to me."

"Quit fooling around and let's get going." The blonde shook his head and moved some hair out of his eyes. This was why he kept it in a ponytail...

"What're you going to do if I don't? Stab me?" Sailor shook his head. "I know you left your sword in the car, so that's not an option."

"At least it's better than giving people paper cuts," Bailey muttered as he walked into the school. Seeing people gather in the cafeteria, he too decided it'd be a good idea to join them. "Now come on. We have places to be."

"I don't think I'm stopping you from going on your own." Despite this, Sailor followed his brother into the cafeteria. Whatever. His brother can be a stick in the mud if he wants to.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Edward Hurt

The young boy stood outside the imposing Academy. He breathed in the fresh air as the bus that had brought him, slowly turned around, heading back to Beaver Bay. His fingers went through his unkempt, raven black hair, and he sighed. The heat made the pale boy wish to remove his gloves, even though he knew that he had to keep them on, both for himself and for the fellow students. He shielded his eyes from the sun as he headed inside the building. Another year, just beginning

He entered the school, getting in line with the other students. Taking a look st the students in front of him and behind him, he noticed a very tall boy, who seemed to stand apart from everyone. Could he be one of us? Edward wondered, as the line moved slowly, until his turn came up. He gave his name, and after the secretary checked, gave him the schedule and the list of clubs that he could join. He, then, headed to the cafeteria. As he walked, he took a look around of the hallways , the hallways that he had traversed for the last two years that he was in the Academy.

As he entered the cafeteria, he noticed many new faces. Somewhere in the back, the tall student that he had seen earlier could be seen, sitting on the floor. How many of our own could be here? he wondered, as he noticed familiar faces as well. He sat down by a table, feeling quite sad and more and more for the past few days, weak. Could it be time for that soon? he wondered, as he shook the thought out of his head and awaited for the remaining students to arrive.

Rosalyn Williams

The bus stopped abruptly at the entrance of an old and majestic building. Many teenagers were around it, talking and laughing with each other, as other buses as well as cars arrived, more and more students swarming in.
"Wow" the girl muttered, her face put against the window. She stayed last at the vehicle, following the students that were pouring out, holding her jacket in one hand, with a backpack hung around her shoulder.
"Now, that's better than the others." she muttered under breath as she came face to face with the Academy. Removing a strand of her red hair from her face and adjusting her white headband, she started thinking about her previous life. Different from Chicago, though she thought as she observed the surroundings, before heading into the school.

Many students were standing around, most younger but some her age as well. She noticed the line that had formed and, after, making sure she hadn't forgotten anything and that everything had been sorted out, entered it as well. Looking around, she couldn't really tell who was new like her or an older student. She noticed a very tall, imposing boy some students front of her, that stood out amongst the others. He must drink his milk she thought, as the line moved some more. After a couple of minutes, she found herself in front of the queue, coming face to face with a woman surrounded by papers that seemed to surpass her in height. Taking only a brief glance at their direction, the secretary uttered with a monotone voice "Name?"

"Um, Rosalyn Williams, miss...?" Rose said, with a cheerful expression, before the secretary, taking another quick look at her, put in her hands a map, a schedule and a list of the clubs that she could attend. Rose only managed to thank the woman briefly, before another student came to be talking to the secretary. As Rose followed others that seemed to know where they were headed, to the cafeteria, she took glances at the hallways and interior of the building that had so impressed her.

"Still better than the others" she muttered as she entered the cafeteria, that was almost filled with boys and girls of many ages. Many seats had been taken, but Rose didn't mind, as she positioned her back against a wall, near the back of the cafeteria, and simply waited, twirling a coin through her fingers. It was the last coin she had pocketed, from a random man on the streets of the Windy City, and it was symbolic for her, a token from a life that seemed as far away as her life with her father. No need to be all gloomy, Ro, a new life is just beginning. And it will be great. At least I hope so. she thought, smiling again, and observing the students all around her. I hope so...

Without noticing it, she was near the tall boy that she had seen earlier. He was sitting on the ground, with a busted up chair near him. Deciding that they could be in the cafeteria for a long while, until the Orientation, she approached the boy. Might as well try to make some acquaintances around here.

"Pretty cool for a school, right? All aristocratic like. I am new here, by the way. Rose." she said, as she extended her hand towards the boy.
Last edited by World Anarchic Union on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Jacquelyn Centanni

Order number one of any school: Examine the place of dining. That was a rule many a person in Jackie’s family chose to live by. As she entered the cafeteria, she felt an itch on her face. Unfortunately, it lay dangerously close to her hidden second set of eyes, so scratching there might reveal them. Her lower jaw twitched as she clenched her fist to avoid the urge. Hopefully, the faux skin would become more comfortable as it was worn in, but there was no being sure. It was likely best to just learn to ignore it.

Returning to the main task at hand, Jackie looked around the cafeteria and decided it looked as good as any sort of cafeteria could have. Looking around more, she saw a girl sitting at a table just tapping her fingers. She thought it might be a good idea to at least try to get to know one person early on, as, even if she wouldn't admit out loud, friends were vital to surviving in the education system.

She walked over to the girl, and sat next to her.

“Hello,” she said with all the cheeriness she could muster, “I'm new here. Do you think you could show me around?”

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:“Hello,” she said with all the cheeriness she could muster, “I'm new here. Do you think you could show me around?”

Adelaide blinked and looked up at the girl that had decided to sit next to her. She frowned slightly, not entirely expecting this, before shaking her head. "I can't say I know my way around here much at all, to be honest," she said. "Though maybe we could explore once all of this is through? I think there's going to be some announcement here soon. Maybe after that?"
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:34 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:“Hello,” she said with all the cheeriness she could muster, “I'm new here. Do you think you could show me around?”

Adelaide blinked and looked up at the girl that had decided to sit next to her. She frowned slightly, not entirely expecting this, before shaking her head. "I can't say I know my way around here much at all, to be honest," she said. "Though maybe we could explore once all of this is through? I think there's going to be some announcement here soon. Maybe after that?"

Jacquelyn Centanni

“Ah, okay,” Jackie replied, “By the way, I'm Jacquelyn Centanni, but you can call me Jackie or Lynn if you prefer. It's nice to meet you.”

She clasped her hands together as she said this, and smiled as she said «It’s nice to meet you,» but seemed as if she were also trying not to smile too widely. She tried not to smile too widely so she wouldn’t have a chance of disturbing the faux skin covering her second pair of eyes. She was fairly sure they were made well enough that a simply smile wouldn't disturb them, but then again, one could never be so sure about anything fitting perfectly.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Adelaide blinked and looked up at the girl that had decided to sit next to her. She frowned slightly, not entirely expecting this, before shaking her head. "I can't say I know my way around here much at all, to be honest," she said. "Though maybe we could explore once all of this is through? I think there's going to be some announcement here soon. Maybe after that?"

Jacquelyn Centanni

“Ah, okay,” Jackie replied, “By the way, I'm Jacquelyn Centanni, but you can call me Jackie or Lynn if you prefer. It's nice to meet you.”

She clasped her hands together as she said this, and smiled as she said «It’s nice to meet you,» but seemed as if she were also trying not to smile too widely. She tried not to smile too widely so she wouldn’t have a chance of disturbing the faux skin covering her second pair of eyes. She was fairly sure they were made well enough that a simply smile wouldn't disturb them, but then again, one could never be so sure about anything fitting perfectly.

Adelaide nodded, giving Jacquelyn a smile of her own. Well, she seemed friendly. A nice first person to meet in the academy. "My name's Adelaide. Adelaide Monday. It's nice to meet you too, Jackie." The girl would then hold her hand out for a handshake.
Just call me Sahara

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 pm

"Couldn't tell." Aengus said, and despite being born away from Scotland, still with the accent. "I've been home schooled my entire life. First school I've stepped into. Might be fancy, but to talk for the stupid door ways."

He took her hand and shook it. "Aengus Quinain Forbes MacBhriain VI. Friends back home call me The Mountain. Call me whatever, I don't necessarily care... unless it is a name meant to make fun of my size. Don't call me anything like that." He paused and smiled, "I'm from the Canadian Rockies by the way."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Jacquelyn Centanni

Adelaide nodded, giving Jacquelyn a smile of her own. Well, she seemed friendly. A nice first person to meet in the academy. "My name's Adelaide. Adelaide Monday. It's nice to meet you too, Jackie." The girl would then hold her hand out for a handshake.

Jacquelyn Centanni

Adelaide, Adelaide. Where does that ring a bell? she thought, Aha! My roommate’s name is supposed to be Adelaide, unless the administration changed it.

“Adelaide, huh?” she said, shaking Adelaide’s hand “I think we're supposed to be roommates. So it's nice to see that the person I'll be spending quite a lot of time around is very nice.”

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Adelaide nodded, giving Jacquelyn a smile of her own. Well, she seemed friendly. A nice first person to meet in the academy. "My name's Adelaide. Adelaide Monday. It's nice to meet you too, Jackie." The girl would then hold her hand out for a handshake.

Jacquelyn Centanni

Adelaide, Adelaide. Where does that ring a bell? she thought, Aha! My roommate’s name is supposed to be Adelaide, unless the administration changed it.

“Adelaide, huh?” she said, shaking Adelaide’s hand “I think we're supposed to be roommates. So it's nice to see that the person I'll be spending quite a lot of time around is very nice.”

"Oh, really?" she asked with a tilt of her head. Huh, she didn't remember that. Though, it was a long trip from her old home. Maybe she had forgotten it on the ride here? That sounds...likely. Those things she took to change her emotions sometimes had bad side effects...

"Come to think of it, I think your name does sound familiar." She nodded once again. "Well, I hope we won't have any problems sharing a room, then."
Just call me Sahara

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Jacquelyn Centanni

"Oh, really?" she asked with a tilt of her head. Huh, she didn't remember that. Though, it was a long trip from her old home. Maybe she had forgotten it on the ride here? That sounds...likely. Those things she took to change her emotions sometimes had bad side effects...

"Come to think of it, I think your name does sound familiar." She nodded once again. "Well, I hope we won't have any problems sharing a room, then."

Jacquelyn Centanni

“I don't think we should have any problems, though I do need to show you something when we get back to our room,” she said, seeming a bit more serious than before, “I wouldn't think anyone would believe me if I just told them, which is probably a good thing. It's nothing bad, but it's an important FYI nonetheless.”

She was, of course, referencing her second pair of eyes, currently hidden under faux skin and some makeup. There was no use hiding it from a roommate, so, in her mind, it'd be better to just be straight with her roomie. Adelaide didn't seem like one to get worked up about matters of appearance anyway, so she figured her secret would be safe with her.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Alexandros Promethea,

A yawn soon escaped from Alex's mouth, causing him to open his mouth and throw his arms back into a stretch. He also used the opportunity to scoot his chair back far enough that he could prop his feet up on the edge of the table, giving him enough room to strike the typical relaxed pose with two legs of the chair on the ground, two in the air, and his own two legs crossed on the table. This entire situation was rather boring, as it would seem the staff had the idea in their head to keep the entire student body waiting in the cafeteria until the world ended or some other crazy situation. And it was almost tantamount to torture for Alex, considering the smells floating through the place and the fact that the carefree teen had missed breakfast in favor of sleeping in that morning. In order to distract himself from the slight grumbling in his stomach, Alex glanced at the students shuffling their way in after him through the slit of his closed eyes, pretending to sleep in the meantime as well.

They weren't a particularly interesting bunch. A couple of random students, prim and proper, with nothing out of sorts nor any wrongdoings in mind. Some caught the young clan heir's eye, though. Strangely, a girl, a little young looking, with white hair made her way into the cafeteria with a look that screamed 'don't fuck with me right now'. There was a kid with headphones on and blue hair, he was kinda interesting, a random girl that kept fidgeting, what looked like a really excited fifth grader that had snuck his way into the school, a giant that hit his head rather comically before breaking a chair, he seemed like a real comedian, a girl that secluded herself in the middle, another red head like himself, two Nazi Aryan looking kids that walked in so casually Alex could have sworn they were about to click their heels together and scream 'HEIL FUHRER', and finally a fidgety little girl with what looked like she had too much make-up on or had too little sleep.

More strangely, though, were the two individuals that really caught Alex's eye. Across the entire cafeteria, Alex caught this thin stick of a boy with sort of distrustful looking eyes doing the same thing he was, scanning the crowds and looking for interesting material. Something about the kid, whether it was how he sat up at the front but separated from the rest of what Alex assumed was the Student Government or how he seemed much more interested in the crowd than any of his 'friends', made Alex feel something... off about him. He made a mental note to keep a wary eye on this kid whenever he saw him.

But the other one caught his eye in a different way. She sat down next to him, a smaller girl, in a wave of blue hair and proper manners. He half expected her to cross her legs, lift up her nose at him, and humph with about as much old world aristocracy as the damn Queen of England.

And she was so damn pretty he would have thanked her for it.

Instead of a humph, she gave him a look, a sniff, and a slight grimace before dismissing him completely from her life. That was a little too much deference for Alex to take, though. Oh ho no, Princess, I am not about to be just a little observation in the first chapter of your new life. Alex thought to himself, a smirk working its way on to his face, Oh, no, by the end of this, I swear that I'm gonna be in more chapters than even you are! With that, he chuckled, opened an eye to look at her, and said, "Come here often, Miss Beautiful Blue?"
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Alexandros Promethea,

A yawn soon escaped from Alex's mouth, causing him to open his mouth and throw his arms back into a stretch. He also used the opportunity to scoot his chair back far enough that he could prop his feet up on the edge of the table, giving him enough room to strike the typical relaxed pose with two legs of the chair on the ground, two in the air, and his own two legs crossed on the table. This entire situation was rather boring, as it would seem the staff had the idea in their head to keep the entire student body waiting in the cafeteria until the world ended or some other crazy situation. And it was almost tantamount to torture for Alex, considering the smells floating through the place and the fact that the carefree teen had missed breakfast in favor of sleeping in that morning. In order to distract himself from the slight grumbling in his stomach, Alex glanced at the students shuffling their way in after him through the slit of his closed eyes, pretending to sleep in the meantime as well.

They weren't a particularly interesting bunch. A couple of random students, prim and proper, with nothing out of sorts nor any wrongdoings in mind. Some caught the young clan heir's eye, though. Strangely, a girl, a little young looking, with white hair made her way into the cafeteria with a look that screamed 'don't fuck with me right now'. There was a kid with headphones on and blue hair, he was kinda interesting, a random girl that kept fidgeting, what looked like a really excited fifth grader that had snuck his way into the school, a giant that hit his head rather comically before breaking a chair, he seemed like a real comedian, a girl that secluded herself in the middle, another red head like himself, two Nazi Aryan looking kids that walked in so casually Alex could have sworn they were about to click their heels together and scream 'HEIL FUHRER', and finally a fidgety little girl with what looked like she had too much make-up on or had too little sleep.

More strangely, though, were the two individuals that really caught Alex's eye. Across the entire cafeteria, Alex caught this thin stick of a boy with sort of distrustful looking eyes doing the same thing he was, scanning the crowds and looking for interesting material. Something about the kid, whether it was how he sat up at the front but separated from the rest of what Alex assumed was the Student Government or how he seemed much more interested in the crowd than any of his 'friends', made Alex feel something... off about him. He made a mental note to keep a wary eye on this kid whenever he saw him.

But the other one caught his eye in a different way. She sat down next to him, a smaller girl, in a wave of blue hair and proper manners. He half expected her to cross her legs, lift up her nose at him, and humph with about as much old world aristocracy as the damn Queen of England.

Instead of a humph, she gave him a look, a sniff, and a slight grimace before dismissing him completely from her life. That was a little too much deference for Alex to take, though. Oh ho no, Princess, I am not about to be just a little observation in the first chapter of your new life. Alex thought to himself, a smirk working its way on to his face, Oh, no, by the end of this, I swear that I'm gonna be in more chapters than even you are! With that, he chuckled, opened an eye to look at her, and said, "Come here often, Miss Beautiful Blue?"

Melody Jordan

It seemed that her peace couldn't last long. She hadn't been impatiently waiting for the meeting to start but a moment before the redhead, the one that carried an aroma of toxicity, looked to her with an eye as he leaned back and decided to hit on her. Oh, he couldn't really think he could make her all giddy with such an overused compliment, could he? And now, she could really smell the cigarettes on his breath...did he even bother trying to get rid of the smell? Maybe it was his way of repelling people...it would certainly make a lot of sense. She hoped she could shut this down before it could go any farther. "Is that rhetorical?" She asked snarkily, turning her sharp gaze to him momentarily. "Of course I come here often, I'm a returning student. Though I doubt you would know that, judging by both your appearance, and your smell..." She seemed to resist the urge to cringe after giving the last word. She wasn't normally this icy with people that flirted with her, but she really, really hated smoking...it was one of the things she simply couldn't tolerate! "So, to enlighten you once more, I do go here often, and I will continue to. It's my school, after all." And, sadly, it seems that it's yours too... she thought, resisting the urge to groan. Oh well...it'll be fine, I'm sure.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 pm

King Kingsley

Though there were many newer students who were notable, one of the stranger students appearance and action wise would be Stephen "king" Kingsley. He was blind, but did not like wearing shades so he usually had his eyes closed, most of the time. A teen walking with closed eyes, was strange, but he was also shuffling a deck of playing cards. It was jsut a normal deck, but it was old, though in fair condition. He knew the deck like the back of his hand. He felt the air shift around him as a student pushed past or around another. He shifted to the side while still shuffling the deck.

As he moved out of the way he took a random path to a table. Though he couldnt see his senses were more sensitive adn he could hear the breathing of others as well as feeling the air being exhaled or moved about by the people around him walking. HE took a seat at a table, somewhat occupied like many of the others. He put th eDeck on the table and started to set the field up as if he was reading tarot cards. Though he was deprived of sight, he still had his ways of telling what card was which. He could feel them, both using his powers and his sense of touch. Every card in the deck was slightly unique, with certain cards being larger than the others to varying degrees.

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2017

Postby Terranihil » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:57 am

Rocky Stein

Rocky's heart pounded as he got out of his mother's car and walked onto campus. Usually he wasn't this nervous while in public, but he's been homeschooled since the 5th grade; Ever since THAT incident. He waded through the crowd of students with his gloved hands in his pockets, and as he waited in line to receive his schedule, he admired the old structure of the academy which reminded him of Hogwarts but less grand. In front of Rocky was a really tall and strongly built guy who made Rocky look like a small child, even though Rocky was well built himself. He got his papers from the secretary and folded up his schedule, fit it into his pocket, and then hid his hands in his pockets.

Rocky entered the cafeteria right behind the giant who hit his head on the doorway, and he noticed a smirking red head boy staring at everyone who entered the cafeteria. As Rocky entered, the red head quickly looked him up and down, and then looked away to another student, as if dismissing him. He tried to find a seat that wasn't surrounded by people, but most areas were filled up, so he sat next to another redhead who had his feet propped up on the table, as if he owned the place. The smell of cigarette smoke coming from the redhead burned Rocky's nostrils. The redhead seemed to be interested in a pretty girl next to him which gladdened Rocky, because he thought the redhead will be too busy flirting to pay any attention to him.

Rocky's hands sweated more than usual so he pulled his hands out of his pockets and removed the gloves. Usually he would never take off his gloves in public, but he thought "What could go wrong? Nobody is paying attention to me anyway. Everybody is more interested in the giant who just broke a chair and the scarred dude."
Terranihil or Terry, Chief Consul of The League
League Wiki owner
epic

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:30 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:"Oh, really?" she asked with a tilt of her head. Huh, she didn't remember that. Though, it was a long trip from her old home. Maybe she had forgotten it on the ride here? That sounds...likely. Those things she took to change her emotions sometimes had bad side effects...

Jacquelyn Centanni

“I don't think we should have any problems, though I do need to show you something when we get back to our room,” she said, seeming a bit more serious than before, “I wouldn't think anyone would believe me if I just told them, which is probably a good thing. It's nothing bad, but it's an important FYI nonetheless.”

She was, of course, referencing her second pair of eyes, currently hidden under faux skin and some makeup. There was no use hiding it from a roommate, so, in her mind, it'd be better to just be straight with her roomie. Adelaide didn't seem like one to get worked up about matters of appearance anyway, so she figured her secret would be safe with her.

Adelaide just nodded, humming as she hit her fingers against the table. Oh,nyhat sounded like it was some kind of secret. What did her new roommate have in store for her? Now she was just curious.

"Well, alright. Can't wait to hear about what you have to tell me." She chuckled and then looked towards the podium. Something was supposed to happen, right? "I wonder when something's going to happen..."
Just call me Sahara

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:32 am

Rosalyn Williams

She shook Aengus' hand, noticing his accent. Scottish, I think? A bit like Trainspotting.

"Oh, Aengus is a great name. I think I will call you that, if you don't mind." She then grinned as she turned to him once more and continued. "This is, by far, the fanciest school I have seen so far.
And I have seen a lot. You could even say I am an expert on them.
The Canadian Rockies! I have never been there. Never been to a lot of places." she said, in a more melancholic tone, before smiling again.
"I am from Chicago, by the way. Had to leave for, well, some rather important reasons to come here. Don't really have anything left there, back in the city. What about you, Aengus? What drove you to this part of the world?"

She turned her eyes, then, to her pockets, grabbing a lighter. As she searched for cigarettes, she noticed she didn't have any left. Eh, nevermind. she thought, as she started twisting the lighter in her fingers, turning him on and off. I wonder if someone around might have some or know where to buy them. she thought, as she turned back to Aengus.
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am

"Welll...." Aengus started to rub the back of his head and smiled, "The reason I am here is a long story, that I may not fully remember. It involved under age drinking, a small town festival, a prosthetic leg, bagpipes, a kilt and a Grizzly. That's basically all I remember. But what ever happened kinda forced me on a path that lead here. Anyways, this is the furthest I've ever been from home... I never really went to far from my home. But that's alright, we had a lot of space and the area was beautiful. I could... train as much as I wanted and not be interrupted or worry about bothering others. Only had to be careful about bears. What was Chicago like for you?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Rosalyn Williams

Rose looked at Aengus and smiled herself.

"That sounds like an interesting story. I will be glad to hear it one day, if you remember it, that is. A good home, eh? That's always nice. You know, many people wish to have a nice home, where they can just sit back and relax, away from life's shortcomings. So, never take your home for granted. Just a personal advice." She grinned again, as she flickered the lighter more intensely.
"Chicago... Well, Chicago was my home. After my dad died, I didn't really have a steady home or school, for that matter. The streets of the city became my home. And I met all kinds of interesting people in these streets. Hopefully, I will see them again someday. Just to forget everything bad that has happened and remember all the good stuff...
Wouldn't you want that, Aengus? Just to remember the good stuff?"

She looked at the student in front of her again.
"But, I am optimistic. I bet we both will have, in the end, good memories of this place. Although it remains to be seen exactly how it will be like." she muttered, as she took a quick glance around the room.

Edward Hurt

Edward was sitting alone, observing the students that were arriving at the Academy. He was acquainted with some students from the previous years, but was generally alone and didn't know them very well. Now, he waited for the Orientation to happen, tapping his fingers on the table. His gloves restricted him to a degree but he knew he couldn't remove them. My powers are much more of a curse than a blessing. I can just harm others and deprive them of what makes them human. Even if I restrict it, I still take what isn't mine to begin with...

As he was lost in the thoughts that had often crossed his mind, he suddenly noticed a boy, a table or two away from him. He kept his eyes shut, while shuffling a deck of cards. Edward, his curiosity taking the better of him, approached the teen to inspect him from closer.

"Nice deck." he finally said, noticing that his voice had grown weaker than the day before. That's not good. he thought as he turned back to the student.
"Can you tell them apart? Sometimes, I still can't." he chuckled as he then looked at the deck, observing the cards.
"I am Edward, by the way. Edward Hurt. Nice to meet you." he said, extending his gloved hand very close to that of the boy's.
Last edited by World Anarchic Union on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

Political Compass:

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Alexandros Promethea,

Melody Jordan

It seemed that her peace couldn't last long. She hadn't been impatiently waiting for the meeting to start but a moment before the redhead, the one that carried an aroma of toxicity, looked to her with an eye as he leaned back and decided to hit on her. Oh, he couldn't really think he could make her all giddy with such an overused compliment, could he? And now, she could really smell the cigarettes on his breath...did he even bother trying to get rid of the smell? Maybe it was his way of repelling people...it would certainly make a lot of sense. She hoped she could shut this down before it could go any farther. "Is that rhetorical?" She asked snarkily, turning her sharp gaze to him momentarily. "Of course I come here often, I'm a returning student. Though I doubt you would know that, judging by both your appearance, and your smell..." She seemed to resist the urge to cringe after giving the last word. She wasn't normally this icy with people that flirted with her, but she really, really hated smoking...it was one of the things she simply couldn't tolerate! "So, to enlighten you once more, I do go here often, and I will continue to. It's my school, after all." And, sadly, it seems that it's yours too... she thought, resisting the urge to groan. Oh well...it'll be fine, I'm sure.

Alexandros Promethea,

Has someone ever given you such an immediate and completely undeserved tongue lashing that you had to sit still through the entire thing and then minutes afterward with a look of utter incoherence? Like, the same look you would have if you just saw a pig jump out of a window, unfurl its wings, and take off into the sunset? That's exactly what Alex had on his face, though it was subtly tinged with a bit of attraction. With a ferocity like that, this girl was starting to remind him of the girls back home in Greece and Turkey. Back there, you look at a woman the wrong way, say the wrong thing, or, as in this instance, smell wrong, you were liable to end up being discovered in three different rivers by sundown. At the same.

Yes, if you're imagining the bloodiest way possible, it's completely like that.

At the mention of his smell, Alex frowned slightly smelt his clothes, then his breath, and then his armpit, all rather shamelessly. The frown continued to grow as he smelt nothing out of the ordinary. He took a rather important focus on his smell and while this morning he may not have, specifically, spent time in a showering device, he at least made sure he didn't smell. Sadly, though, his sense of smell had become somewhat dull to smoke, considering his cousin could manipulate it and had a rather prevalent addiction, he himself smoked, and the fact that he had been living in a bar for the past few months.

Sensing that she was finally finished, Alex sighed in relief and reached into his pocket for a cigarette. Placing it in his mouth, he moved automatically to light it with his powers, but stopped himself just in time. Doing that in a place like this at this time, well... would probably get him in more trouble than just having been smoking during the ceremony. So he frowned again, took the cigarette out and then just stared at it. "You're rather rude when it comes to newcomers, hmm? Don't worry, Blue, I'm not offended by it or anything." Alex replied, a smile forming on his face. "In fact, I'm rather taken by it. I think I like you a little bit more for yelling at a complete stranger for trying to flirt with you."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse