NATION

PASSWORD

In the Depths of Night (FT, CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Terra Reborn
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

In the Depths of Night (FT, CLOSED)

Postby Terra Reborn » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Captain Sir Nathan Wright KCS DSO MC
Unity Colony
Unity Star System, Andromeda
Monday 6th August 2694 (Imperial Standard Time)

“Another one, Captain?”

Sir Nathan Wright, Knight Commander of the Sword, glanced up at the bartender’s question and nodded his assent, watching as the young woman poured him another glass of Karin Reserve Whisky, on the rocks, the colourful liquid dancing in the class as she topped up the ice. The Union was a bar on Unity Colony that was, generally, quite popular with the senior officers of the Imperial Military stationed out in the Andromeda Galaxy, as such it wasn’t unusual for its senior officer, acting in any event, to be here. Of course, in the past few weeks Wright had frequented the Union far more regularly than he had before; his elation at the return of his beloved had been quickly replaced by the harsh reality of what had happened to her. He had meant what he had said when he had fully meant his vows and intended to honour them, but the reality of what had happened was far more mentally challenging than he had anticipated; as such after his duty shifts he had found himself finding solace in the bottle from the cruel joke that the universe had decided to play on him; returning his love only to have her now be the same person anymore.

It was a well-kept secret amongst the Expedition’s senior officers, it’s Captains and Colonels, that if they needed to speak to their acting commander he could usually be found at the Union. The one exception to this was Lorana herself; in an unspoken agreement, she was being kept out of the loop. Everyone could appreciate what Wright was going through; just through their imagination, and anyone with any knowledge of a Cresian bond could likewise take a guess at how badly that must have affected the man. There were no counselling staff out at Unity Colony either; before the expedition had gone public they had been deemed a luxury that would have been too likely to compromise the secrecy which surrounded the entire affair, whereas afterwards they had been overlooked by each and every crisis that had swirled around the entire Colony ever since its founding. Of course, whether or not Wright would even have engaged the services of a Counsellor even if one had been present was uncertain.

There was a degree of a gulf forming between the Imperial Navy and the Royal Cresian Navy, Nathan Wright was one of their own and, more importantly, he was the hero of Unity Colony; every man and woman from the Terran Empire stationed out here looked up to him immensely. That his Cresian wife would have the indecency to come back from the dead and not remember him, inflicting the sort of pain that was, did not go down well with them. It was illogical in the extreme of course, but that didn’t stop many of them feeling it, despite Wright’s best efforts to the contrary. Of course the fact that, unless things changed, it would only get worse was hardly helping matters in the slightest.

None, however, would ever say that Wright had shirked his duties over the past few months; indeed, many suggested that running what was left of the shattered Unity Task Force was the main thing keeping him going at this point. Of course it helped that Unity Task Force had always been made up with some of the Imperial Navy’s best and brightest, and each ship and the station was largely capable of running its own affairs without too much direct input from their acting commander, but even then no piece of paperwork went unreturned and no routine inspection was ignored or anything of that nature. If he was in uniform and on duty it was almost like Wright was his old self; it was only when he stopped being on duty, either for sleep or if his staff insisted he take some down time, that Wright shrunk into himself. It was not healthy, nothing about any of this was, but it was the situation he found himself in and he was fortunate that his friends and colleagues were doing everything they could; indeed the Union pub itself was doing its bit by ensuring that Wright’s drowning of his sorrows was not adversely impacting his credit count.

Wright almost wished he had been able to head back to the Milky Way himself with news of the catastrophe, at least that way he would have been able to avoid the pain every time he saw the lack of love in the eyes of Lorana, avoid every argument the pair regularly had now, but as acting commander he could not leave. It would have torn him up to leave; but it would have been better than staying.

“I thought I’d find you here,” A female voice said wryly.

Wright glanced up and watched as Superintendent Dame Jennifer Fox of the Imperial Star Patrol, the commander of the Cutter Division of ISF Andromeda, slid onto the barstool beside him. She was dressed, like many of the other patrons of the Union, in a uniform; specifically, the service dress uniform on the Imperial Star Patrol, a variant of the Imperial Security Force’s service dress uniform. As one of the senior law enforcement officers on Unity Colony, and in command of Star Patrol assets, the two had always worked closely together, nor even more so that Wright was the acting command of the naval task force. Even with the Asgar threat still out there, neutered perhaps but still present, there was still a crime rate in Epsilon Alpha and whilst the destruction of the wormhole may have stymied their ability to make a profit, smuggling remained a problem. One that the Star Patrol had been working diligently to try and resolve; it wasn’t easy of course; there was just so much space and so few, comparatively, Star Patrol assets to cover the entire orbital space.

“As always,” Wright said dryly. “You were looking for me?”

“I was; my people have got a lead on one of the smugglers ships, but we need to catch them in the act; I need you to have your ships casually vacate a given sector of the orbital,” Fox replied by means of explanation. “We need to clear the space in order to allow the smugglers to think they’re clear, then we’ll jump my cutters in on them and catch them in the act.”

“Sounds like a fool proof plan,” Wright nodded. “I’ll cut the orders as soon as I get back to my ship.”

“Thank you, Captain,” Fox smiled, accepting her drink, a gin and tonic, from the bartender. “How are you doing, Nathan?”

“I’m still here; drowning myself in either paperwork or Karin Whisky; anything to avoid having to think about anything else; both are as effective, however they’re not exactly mutually compatible,” Wright replied with a very wry tone, glancing across at the Star Patrol officer. “If I could get away with either drinking whisky on duty, or doing my paperwork at the bar, I probably would; and not move from either location; however it’s generally frowned upon to do either.”

“Indeed,” Fox replied dryly. “Well, paperwork is mind-numbing and Karin Whisky is good for not remembering much of everything, so I’d say you’re set.”

Fox paused hesitantly.

“But it’s not healthy, Nathan,” She added. “Your liver is going to be thanking you if you keep this up.”

“Fortunately for me I am sure the miracles of modern medicine will stand me in good stead,” Wright replied.

“Don’t be flippant, you know it’s not good for you,” Fox said sharply.

“I’m not sure I care all that much at this point, Jen,” Wright said with a scowl. “The universe seems to like playing cruel jokes on me, why don’t we try tempting fate.”

“I swear if I wasn’t in uniform I’d try and slap some sense into you,” Fox said darkly. “I know what you’re going through can’t be easy, but you need to try and get over her; she’s just hurting you.”

“How do you get over someone you’re married to? Who you loved and you watched die and who came back?” Wright asked with sigh. “If you tell me how I do that, Jennifer, I’ll get over her; but until you can do that I’ll stick to my Whisky.”

“Fair enough,” Fox sighed, downing the last of her drink. “Just remember that my door is always open if you manage to drag yourself away from your Whisky and decide you want to talk.”

“I will,” Wright promised.

“Good,” Fox nodded. “Well, I’ve got a raid to plan; I’ll keep you in the look… Goodnight, Captain.”

“Goodnight, Superintendant.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 am

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System
RCNS Unity
Captain Lorana Varcern

Lorana Varcern, hero of Unity, Captain of the living ship Unity, officer in the Royal Cresian Navy, sighed as she walked into her home, her wings drooped and her hair streaks gray. She collapsed onto the couch and stayed that way.

That went better then last weeks. Unity said to his captain.

Lorana looked up at nothing and nodded. At least they hadn't argued. But it had been awkward as hell. Nothing felt right anymore. She had been eager to restart what she had lost, what little the ascended people had told her had sounded wonderful, and the items that had survived battle damage aboard Tharon, some pictures, token items, her wedding ring, as well as things in her home once she got back down here, all pointed to Nathan being a wonderful person and she had seen it in his eyes on those first few dates and meetings. But as time went on and she readjusted to life, she found herself not getting along with Nathan at all despite all indication the two had been perfect for each other before her death. Was 1,000 Earth years really enough to change her that much? Perhaps her bodies hormones at the time had prompted it, or just inexperience in the world, but even with less memory now she still felt different. She'd gotten updates and countless help on getting up to speed from her superior officers and fellow captains. She often helped with simulations to keep the fleet well practiced.

1,000 Earth years only tacked on another 83.3 Cresian years to her age, which made her physically somewhere around 84ish. While for a being that lived an insane amount of time that was still young, 100 Cresian years was the point at which a Cresian was considered physically no longer a child in any way (even if mentally they have been 'adulting' for a long time now). Perhaps that was part of the problem. Lorana no longer felt the childish need to do things others told her the couple use to do. She wasn't a young child anymore, she was almost a fully matured Cresian.

Lorana didn't know but as she sat up, pulling her hair out of the braid, looking around. The walls were bare, once decorated with countless photos of the wedding, and reception, every time something went wrong she'd taken one down, she hadn't invited Nathan to her house in a while because of it. Now there was only one picture left on the wall opposite of her right now. An absolutely gorgeous picture, in a large format of her in her wedding dress being kissed by Nathan. They looked so happy, she looked so beautiful, he looked absolutely amazing.

But when she looked at it closely, she saw only a young female, she didn't see herself.

She tried her best, bu the two were growing apart. Lorana did her best, even with the riff between her and Nathan, to wear her wedding ring at all times, he had told her they were monogamous after all, but it wasn't until Unity had to remind her to put it back on before a date had she realized she'd left it off for a week and not remembered she should of been wearing it. Her eyes dropped to the coffee table where a packet of paper sat, slightly unorganized. She picked one up, a faint outline of 'For Reading Only' printed across the page while a disclaimer near the bottom told the person digital forms needed to be used. She put the paper back down on the stack and picked up the stack, straightening it out and standing, walking into the kitchen to shove the packet into a drawer out of sight.

Not yet.
FT nation- Royal Cresian Empire
Dogmeat wrote:
Skunkylon wrote:There are only 2 genders

3 genders for the Drag Queens, under the sky
7 for the Gay Lords, in their Hall of Techno
9 for Lesbians, doomed to own cats
1 for the Incel Lord on his internet throne.
New Aerios wrote:If Atheism is a religion, off is a TV channel.
How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Captain Sir Nathan Wright KCS DSO MC
Unity Colony
Unity Star System, Andromeda
Friday 16th November 2694 (Imperial Standard Time)

“HMS Salamis… HMS Salamis…Ho!”

Sir Nathan Wright stepped onto the parade square of Imperial Navy’s principal surface facility in Andromeda, based a few miles south of Unity City, and watched as the several thousand men and women all snapped to attention in perfect unison, timed to perfection. Turned out in their No.1A Full Dress Whites uniform, the parade square was taken up by the entire ship’s company of the Salamis, all two-thousand eight hundred officers and ratings as well as the fourteen-hundred marines of the Salamis’ two battalion detachment, likewise turned out in their best uniforms. It was comparatively rare that a ship’s company and their marine detachment all turned out on parade at the same time, but the Salamis was finally out of space dock with her repairs complete, to this constituted her rededication ceremony. Indeed the only member of ship’s company not present was the AI, who was tasked with keeping the empty ship safe and sound whilst they were away on the surface. Given that the Salamis was the de facto flagship of the Unity Task Force, given that Wright was, under the authority of the Imperial Consul (one half of the colony’s combined government), currently acting Commodore, it was only fitting that her return to full service after the pounding she had taken was properly marked.

The planning and execution of the event had done wonders for keeping Wright distracted, and this was a good thing to say the least. Things had not gotten better over the past few months between him and Lorana. Their ‘dates’ had gotten fewer and farther between, hardly surprising given how much difficulty they seemed to have each and every time. Indeed Wright had caught Lorana without her wedding ring on more than enough occasions for it to crease being honest forgetfulness and turn more deliberate. It still hurt, each and every time, by god it did, but in many respects Wright was beginning to become a little numb to it all; she was hurting him, either accidentally or deliberately, far too frequently now that, for his own sake, her often shut down emotionally around her. Of course that was likely hardly helping matters, but in many respects he feared they were beyond hope at this point; it certainly felt like that. Hopefully this rededication would keep his attention for abit longer, it had to go well, there were a lot of dignitaries and members of the public watching.

Wright marched to the very centre of the parade square and stood opposite where his XO, Commander Rebecca Wilson, was stood in command of the parade; her impressive array of medals glinting on her shoulder even as she rendered a crisp salute.

“Ship’s company mustered and ready for inspection, Sir,” Commander Wilson reported formally.

“Very good,” Wright nodded. “Carry on.”

Commander Wilson performed an about-turn to face the parade.

“Ship’s Company, open order… March!”

It took quite some time for Wright to make his way around his entire ship’s company and marine detachment, although not as much time as one might expect. He was not performing an in-depth inspection of each person’s uniform, rather giving them a quick up-and-down look, exchanging a few words, before continuing on. Never the less the sheer number of people meant that it took a decent amount of time, and everyone was glad by the time he was finished, if nothing else it would allow them to get onto the next stage of the ceremony, as a naval chaplain appeared to conduct the service. It was a fully multi-denominational service, designed to cater to all faiths and to none, as well as being grounded in the enduring sailor’s general belief in superstition. Nonsense in some cases but Wright had once seen a ship’s rededication cake mis-spell the word rededication as ‘redescication’, and the ship had had nothing but trouble thereafter, so even he wasn’t fully prepared to discount the matter; and the last thing that the Salamis or any of the Unity Task Force needed right now was more trouble.

In due course the ceremony was complete and, much to the relief of the ship’s company, the parade was dismissed and they could all make their way to the reception for cake and drinks and, in due course, out onto the town in Unity City to enjoy themselves in their own way. Wright was half considering joining them, but there was of course the fact that he was their Captain, indeed their Commodore, and longstanding tradition was that the Captain stayed away from his ship’s company on nights out lest he ruin their fun. If there were discipline problems they were dealt with, but back aboard the ship. Never the less it was something he was considering, even if he would have to keep a low profile.

“I’d say they did quite well, Sir,” Commander Wilson commented as she stepped up beside him.

“I would tend to agree,” Wright replied with a nod. “They know that they deserve all this after all their hard work.”

“Indeed, we can’t say they haven’t worked their arses off for us,” Wilson nodded.

“No we can’t,” Wright smiled slightly. “But then you know how loyal they are to us.”

“To you, you mean,” Wilson replied wryly. “You know full well one of our senior rates, a chief at that! Decked that Cresian for talking smack about you the other night!”

“And kicked off the worst IN-RCN bar fight we’ve seen in years,” Wright commented dryly. “Yes, I was aware of that; I’ve had the man’s divisional officer in my office every morning since begging for leniency.”

“I assume that’s why he’s still in our brig rather than getting whatever our punishment might be, to keep him out of the hands of the UCPD,” Wilson grinned, she might be in charge of discipline aboard ship but she could still enjoy herself to a degree. “Superintendent Fox managed to pull off a look of bemusement and annoyance when she hailed us to ‘demand’ the Chief’s surrender to her custody, and you said no, I thought she was going to put a shot into us, the way she was looking at you!”

“Superintendent Fox has always been a spirited sort,” Wright replied wryly. “I’m sure she’ll make me pay for it, next time I need to ask her for a favour.”

“I’m sure, but you get my point; your crew would do most anything for you,” Wilson said firmly as they watched the last of them file into the main building. “Now get your arse inside and put some face time in for them… Sir.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System
RCNS Unity
Captain Lorana Varcern
31st December 2694

Lorana stood quietly off to one side, watching all the ship captains and some of the more senior officers, mingle and enjoy each others company. It was the turn of the new year and everyone seemed happy.

But as she looked around at the sea of black and gold uniforms, she felt a small pang of disappointment. Not a single Terran among them. From what she'd heard, they were off having their own thing, which made Lorana feel even worse. The riff was getting bigger between the two nations, the emotions of the military were beginning to spill onto the civilians groundside despite all attempts to try to keep the riff small and the disagreements secret. She was glad the consuls were still friends or else she was afraid the RCE side might try to strike out on their own or something stupid like that.

And all because she had to go and die on everyone.

She sighed and watched as everyone cheered on the New Year countdown, and her eyes settled somewhat enviously on everyone who had a partner to kiss and did so once the timer reached 0. She guessed she should of gone after Nathan... but part of her wasn't too keen on it. She still felt a bit hurt he hadn't personally invited her to his ships recommissioning ceremony. Perhaps it had been for the best as the two still weren't really 'made up' and would of made thing super awkward for everyone, but still the flagship of the fleet out here was ready for action and she hadn't been invited? It stung more then it should have.

"Captain?"

Lorana looked up and nodded a greeting to Captain Jacton Sinley. He was the Cresian captain with the most seniority left after the last battle with the Asgar and while Lorana had THE most powerful ship here, he had over 100 years seniority on her and a fairly impressive combat record to boot. He was a good man, keeping his part of the fleet in line and always doing his best to work with Wright and the Terrans even with the riff that had opened up between the two navies. He often consulted with all his commanders about exercises and anything to keep them busy and out of trouble. She enjoyed talking to him, as he seemed immune to chaos that surrounded her and Nathan.

"Captain Sinley. Nice party." She commented and he ruffled his feathers.

"Then why do you look like I just killed your family pet?" He asked.

She shrugged and Jacton looked up to his steward and nodded. The steward vanished to go find his XO.

"Come with me Captain, I need to talk to you privately anyways." He said and Lorana followed him out of the room and down a few turns and a lift ride to his day cabin. Jacton sat down and motioned her into the seat across from him. She sat, and tilted her head.

'What's wrong Captain?" She asked.

"I'm worried about you. To be honest I've heard a lot of people say they're worried about you." Jacton said, "You have an enormous ship all to yourself, you rarely seem to get groundside as often anymore and no one seems to see you around. Its not healthy to be isolated like that."

Lorana frowned. "But I have Unity."

"Attachment to one person only is not a healthy relationship even if you're bonded to him for life. Even Unity has made friends with the remaining AI in our fleet. Are you sure you don't want a small crew over there? even if its just token to keep you company?" He asked, obviously having tried this before.

"No."

Jacton sighed. "Lorana I know you married Nathan, but this... dynamic you two have now is extremely unhealthy for each other. I don't like seeing one of my captains and my superior officer beating each other bloody on a ragged edges when its not helping. Things changed, you changed, and its not your fault but its going to make both of you unfit to serve with each other when we are trapped out here."

"He's my husband. I can't just..." She began weakly, her heart wasn't behind it as much as she wanted.

"You changed. It happens. How long did you say you aged? 400 years?" He asked.

"1,000 Earth years."

"any human you even meet would of been dead by the time you naturally reached that age. Not to mention that you're just hitting Cresian adulthood. Trust me I was extremely confused about a lot of stuff when that rolled around because I didn't feel like the same adventurer, party-animal I had been while younger. You can't blame yourself for what happened. You did a noble thing by standing up to the traitor. You changed. Maybe Nathan isn't IN those changes."

Lorana looked doubtful.

Jacton looked at the chrono on the wall. "I'm sorry I had to say that, but I also wanted to discuss if you and Unity wanted to help run an aggressor in a simulation I'm setting up. It'll be a complete surprise. You up for it?"

Lorana nodded, happy with the change of subjects. "Yes Sir, always up for playing a good aggressor force."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:42 am

Captain (Acting Commodore) Sir Nathan Wright KCS DSO MC
Unity Colony
Epsilon Alpha Star System, Andromeda
Wednesday 24th April 2695 (Imperial Standard Time)

For the first time in the ten months that had passed since the latest Battle of Epsilon Alpha, it was sometimes difficult to believe that it had almost been a year, Nathan Wright was happy. It was Victory Day, four years to the day since the Battle of Earth that had brought the Amsus War to an end, and as one the inhabitants of Unity Colony, the Terrans in particular, had taken full advantage of that to have a good time. In many respects it was the first real time since the disastrous last battle that they had been able to remember the last time they had been victorious; before tens of thousands of their own had been killed in front of their very eyes. Wright had been the first to encourage his people to have a good time, god knew that after everything that had happened to them recently they needed a chance to blow off steam and this was as good as any. With that in mind Wright had masterminded a series of events and festivities to mark the occasion, culminating in a major Victory Day Parade through the streets of the colonial Capital, representatives from every ship and unit stationed at Unity taking part.

Of course, after the parade had finished the ratings and other ranks had retired to their own messes, whilst the officers had retired to the Wardroom of the surface facility. Given everything that the Amsus War represented to Wright, particularly his success and life before Lorana Varcern, he had been more than happy to lose himself in the celebrations and festivities. It was perhaps for this reason that, without Wright’s expressed orders (albeit with his unofficial knowledge) the other Captains who had helped to plan the festivities to keep her out of the loop, as it were, in order to prevent her from ruining Wright’s good spirits. Consuming a significant quantity of alcohol was hardly something new to Wright; even before all of this drama he had enjoyed a run ashore in his time; after all he was a naval officer, and rating or officer the navy was well known for enjoying a good night out. The difference tonight was that the entire atmosphere was upbeat and there was nothing to detract, indeed everyone was doing their best to ensure that; Wright’s personal drama aside everyone was doing their best to forget their own personal issues at the moment.

“Hell of a night, Sir,” Commander Wilson grinned as she stepped up to Wright with drink for him.

“Been a hell of a day,” Wright agreed with a smile, accepting the drink. “Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.”

“They do at that, god knows that we’ve all needed something positive after the past year or so,” Wilson nodded, looking around at the throngs of officers. “It may not be London, but I think we pulled off a pretty decent Victory Day Parade.”

“I’d say so,” Wright smiled. “It was pretty incredible to take the salute.”

“I can imagine,” Wilson nodded wistfully. “How did our lot look?”

“They looked good, I’m probably a little biased but they looked damn good,” Wright laughed. “To be honest they all looked good; everyone was well turned out, even the Star Patrol contingent…”

“Even the Star Patrol contingent! How disparaging of you, as if the Imperial Star Patrol isn’t capable of turning itself out well,” Superintendent Dame Jennifer Fox commented as she approached. “I suppose I should try not to take that personally, Captain Wright.”

Wright turned with a wry smile to watch as Fox approached. The woman was adorned in the dress uniform of the Imperial Star Patrol, very similar to the traditional dress uniform of police services the Empire over, but with various accoutrements unique to the Star Patrol. The two of them had become very close over the past months; of all the people around him she was one of the few that did not have to show his estranged wife any form of military courtesy, and as such she had done very little to hide her contempt. Others, even the other Captains and the like of Commander Wilson, were restrained by normal military niceties, that hadn’t stopped some of the lower ranking personnel caught up in the emotions of the drama of their commanders from disagreeing between each other, but military courtesy (and ultimately military justice) ensured that, for all the heightened emotions, things were remaining mostly civil. She and Wright had been close friends prior to any of this, having worked closely together from the very start, and she had been very supportive of him during this difficult period.

“I would never dream of disparaging the Imperial Star Patrol, my dear,” Wright replied with a grin. “Not since you threatened to put shots into my ship.”

Fox blushed, but she was smiling broadly.

“Well, the Star Patrol has been waiting for a good opportunity to test out our Sentry-Class Cutters,” Fox replied with a wry smile. “Between the Navy’s increased patrols its been a while since a Star Patrol cutters got into a good scrap.”

“I’m not sure getting one of those shiny new cutters splashed by a Battlecruiser is exactly what I would call a good scrap,” Wright commented with a laugh. “I’d call it the space warfare equivalent of a short drop and a sudden stop.”

“Perhaps, but that’s until I start calling for back up,” Fox shot back. “An ‘officer in need of assistance’ call is one of the most urgent calls any police officer can receive.”

“If you’ll excuse me,” Commander Wilson said, stepping quietly away.

“Oh so we’re making this a numbers game,” Wright laughed. “Shall we talk about how many ships I can bring to this party?”

“In this star system?” Fox grinned.

“Well, now you’re changing the rules,” Wright shook his head. “Typical Star Patrol tactic.”

“Oh ho, so we’re going there now are we?” Fox rolled her eyes, albeit with a broad smile.

“But of course,” Wright smiled, glancing down at her empty glass. “Drink?”

“Please.”

Wright stood at the open window of the penthouse apartment in the upper scale neighbourhood of Unity City and looked out across the light-speckled city. His head was still significantly buzzed up that he knew that his hangover was still a few hours away, but was never the less grateful for the breeze that was blowing over the city, particularly this high up. He rather suspected that the party at the Wardroom was still going on, and the occasional shout carried in on the wind reassured him that the ratings and other ranks were also enjoying themselves on the streets of the colonial Capital. He had always intended to leave the party early, it was expected that the senior officers would remove themselves from the festivities after a certain point in order to allow their subordinates to enjoy themselves without worrying about what their superiors might think. It was however the first time that, in a multi-ship environment, that Wright was the senior person there, so it had been a little unusual.

Of course, he had intended to leave alone.

Wright couldn’t help but smile slightly as he felt a warm hand on his cold back and looked back over his shoulder as Jennifer Fox, a blanket draped over her bare form, stepped up behind him. As much as he didn’t like to admit it he had missed that sort of human contact, something as simple as a touch even after everything else they had done since leaving the party together a couple of hours previously. Truth be told Wright didn’t feel anywhere near as guilty as he thought he would; back when this whole mess had started Wright had been honest in his intention to remain faithful to Lorana as they worked through whatever was happening, but with the amount of times she had hurt him, and her complete lack of apparent effort, had worn him down. It hadn’t even really been the physical, sexual, side of things, he had just needed simple human contact, and when he had laid there holding Jennifer in his arms, he had felt the best he had in a year. Given how close they had come it was perhaps inevitable that this would happen, especially given that, as they had cuddled, Jennifer had shyly admitted that she had liked Wright since they first met during the Undead Incident.

It was probably a whole lot easier to justify it all to himself when he reminded himself that the Cresians, as a species, were not exactly monogamous, so it wouldn’t be like Lorana had a foot to stand on if she chose to complain. Of course this was not exactly at the forefront of Wright’s mind at this point, for a Terran with the personal honour like that of Wright it was a sign perhaps that he had to seriously start considering the future. He had already been hurt so much by his estranged wife, to the extent that he cared very little how this would hurt Lorana if she found out, and for someone like Wright that meant the had to seriously start considering himself and his position.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Jennifer asked softly as she stepped in front of him and he wrapped his arms around her middle.

“This wasn’t how I expected this night to end,” Wright admitted softly.

“Do you regret it?” Jennifer queried, doing her best to sound neutral but Wright could hear her uncertainty.

“I didn’t say that,” Wright conceded. “It’s just complicated.”

“You don’t need to tell me,” Jennifer sighed. “What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know,” Wright shook his head.

Jennifer turned around in his arms to look up at him

“Do you want me to speak my mind?” Jennifer queried.

“Always,” Wright nodded immediately.

“You need to seriously consider if you keep trying with that woman, and I’m not just saying that because it would benefit me, I’m saying it because it’ll benefit you,” Jennifer said honestly. “That woman has spent the last ten months hurting you, intentionally or otherwise; that’s a decent chunk as long as you two had even been together.”

She paused briefly but pressed on before he could respond.

“Love is supposed to be eternal; time is not supposed to make a difference; that’s what being in love is meant to be about; whether that is a day, a week, a month, a year, ten thousand years, it shouldn’t make a difference,” Jennifer said hotly, clearly she’d been keeping some of this in over the past months. “More than time has changed that woman, Nathan; I know you don’t want to face it but you need to, something else has changed if she’s capable of hurting you this much.”

She again pressed on without Wright getting a word in, she knew he had to hear this whether he liked it or not.

“I know you don’t want to think about it that way, Nathan, but you need to; everyone else can see it, but you’re allowing loyalty to someone who has fundamentally changed tie you to repeated pain, its not fair,” Jennifer said firmly, reaching up to caress his cheek gently. “There are tens of thousands of men and women out there who would die for you, and there is one in here who will love you, we all just want you to be your happy; after everything you’ve done for all of us…”

“I know,” Wright said quietly, looking down at her.

“I’m not saying you have to make a decision now, but you need to start thinking about it; aside from anything else you’re the acting commander of this colony’s defence, we can’t have you beating yourself up,” Jennifer said with a sigh as she rested her head on his chest. “Or allowing someone else to beat you up, whether they’re doing it on purpose or not; in any case you’re not going to achieve anything else tonight, so just come back to bed, we can work out what happens next in the morning.”
Last edited by Terra Reborn on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:51 am

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System
RCNS Unity
Captain Lorana Varcern
12th May 2694

She couldn't blame him.

Lorana literally could not pin any sort of blame or anger on Captain Nathan Wright.

It had not, however, managed to stop her from literally being devastated when she learned about what happened. Both the living ships Unity and Kimerio had been extremely evasive when Kimerio had slipped up about how much even Nathan must of enjoyed his night on Victory Day. The tone of the living ship's voice had sounded strange and when she asked, the evasive wording of both her own ship and leader had made her go hunting down what they were talking about. She didn't mean to be possessive, but she had wanted to know what could of made her husband so happy when both of them had been reinforcing each other misery for months now. Once she'd learned she'd turned back on the two living ships with anger before she'd collapsed and cried herself to sleep that night.

It was a wake up call. A very rude one, that she hadn't been treating a person who cared for her right and that she was reaping exactly what she had sown. For some reason, part of her told her she shouldn't care, that he was happy and she could do her own thing now, no longer to be tied to one person for a short period of her life. But when the knowledge had truely hit her, some forgotten, perhaps suppressed, part of her had screamed that she couldn't lose him. Not the 'this is the last part of my old life' part, something different. She was unsure if this was some part of her that had been lost in her death or... something else. Suddenly the way she was acting to Nathan didn't seem in character, it wasn't Lorana. She'd never treat a human friend like the way she had.

So she'd taken a shuttle groundside and set off in search of Nathan. She was currently flying, put she kept her right hand close to her chest, the ring on her finger suddenly feeling like in a lead weight. She, eventually felt him down taking a walk through the park. It was beautiful out and it was probably better then drowning himself in a drink.

Lorana set down softly on the ground behind Nathan, shaking out her wings and settling them on her back. It took her a moment before she summoned the courage to walk up beside him.

"Nathan?" Lorana's voice was soft, nervous, scared. "Can... can I talk with you if you have a moment?" She asked, obviously unsure if he wanted to talk with her anymore.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Unity Colony
Friday 10th May 2695 (Imperial Standard Time)

Nathan had been on a walk that had taken him from the navy’s ground facility towards City Hall for a meeting with the Terran Consul; given that it was an informal meeting he was adorned in No.3B Service uniform, short-sleeved open-collared white shirt worn with his peaked cap. He turned as he sensed her presence beside him and it took everything in him not to just keep walking and refuse to acknowledge her, indeed he was still very much considering that even as he responded.

“What can I do for you, Captain Varcern?”

Lorana’s already dull hair streaks turned gray at the form of address he used. “I… I realized since I’ve come back I haven’t been a good person to you. I shouldn’t of been acting the way I was to a person who cared so much about me.”

“No, you shouldn’t,” Nathan agreed sourly.

“If you’ll allow me.” She paused for moment, looking down at her hands. “I would like to try to make it up to you. You deserve so much better than what I’ve been doing to you.” She studying the ring on her finger, not willing to look Nathan in the eyes, “And if not, I won’t blame you if you want this back.”

“Why should I let you?” Nathan asked seriously. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done to me over the past year?”

“I certainly have come to realize I have been in no way the person I should of been to you. The way I acted, spoke,” She finally looked up again. “Its not the way a wife should treat her husband. I put no stock in marriage vows when they mean just as much, if not more, as a bond does.”

“It’s a bit late now, isn’t it? A year after it was most important,” Nathan scowled. “You showed that simple words aren’t good enough for you, didn’t you, that clearly you needed something more concrete.”

Lorana flinched. She looked away again. “I know. I don’t deserve you anymore. You’ve been way more patient with me then I suspect any other person in the universe would be.” She paused, talking softer. “I mean it though, I’ll give the ring back if you want it.”

“You’re not giving me a reason, Lorana,” Nathan said pontedly. “You’re just apologising and apologising, well after a year ‘I’m sorry’ isn’t good enough; you need to give me a reason to believe that its not just going to be more pain.”

She stayed silent for a moment, thinking. “Because when I realized that you and me we’re happier apart I felt something break in what's left of my heart. I overheard my own ship talking about how happy you were, seeing everyone go out of their way to make sure we don’t get together when all the notes, stories, and videos said we did everything together. This isn’t what I wanted and… I just want things to be right.” She paused, rubbing at her eyes. “I command a ship named fucking Unity and all I did was drive everyone apart.”

Nathan was silent for a moment as he considered what she said, his mind was a conflict of everything he felt for her against everything she had done to him in the past year.

“So what you’re saying is that you only started caring when you realised you were about to actually lose me,” Nathan replied. “That it was fine for you to trail me along like an unwanted anchor on a seabed of spikes as long as you didn’t actually lose me?”

“No… I don’t know anymore.” Lorana paused, unable to think of a better reason. She really didn’t deserve him if she couldn’t. She didn’t want to lose him, but not because he was a drag on her life. She didn’t believe that. “I remember back on New Year's Eve how disappointed I was to see no terrans at our party, to see everyone so divided. I remember Captain Sinley pulling me aside to talk about a wargame or whatever and there was no mention of you, or the Terran side of the fleet. You got to go down to Victory Day and celebrate, to enjoy the day and I’m sure some Cresians may have had their own party, but all of its divided like we never worked together in the first place. All because of my stupidity and because Unity’s creators decided they wanted to try to bring me back. Maybe I would of been better of staying dead. At least you would of been able to move on and find someone who actually loves you.” She turned away. “I’m sorry for wasting your time Captain. I’ll leave you to your peace.”

“What did you expect? My people are as devoted to me as yours are to you, how else did you think they were going to respond than with hostility,” Nathan sighed heavily, as he looked at her back. “It would have hurt if you jad just said at the time that you didn’t want to try, but your dragging me alone for a year is even worse and literally everyone sees that.”

Nathan paused.

“I’m not saying that I don’t love you, Lorana, you know that I do, I just don’t know if I can reconcile the person that spent the last year hurting me over and over again with the person I fell in love with,” He continued quietly as she stood there, not looking at him. “That for everything I feel about you if I’ve got it within myself to forgive you for any of that; and it’s not even just about me anymore, and I just don’t know what to make of this eleventh hour turnaround, how do I know?”

Lorana turned back to face Nathan. "I'm​unsure what to offer you not because I don't want to make up, but because you're right, it is the 11th hour turn around. I can only offer words and promises that i will not be the way I acted was nor was it who I should of been. It was not the girl her fathers raised nor the one that saved this star system by your side. Just​ because I've been busy, is not going to be an excuse anymore, not with only you and Captain Sinley above me in seniority and a ship that runs itself."

She paused. "And I can give you back the ring, if you feel it isn't working out, then you can keep it for your own use, give it to the person who hasn't hurt you. If you feel I earned that declaration of your love, then you can give it back, we can say our vows again, get bonded, heal the wounds I've caused." She said, "please Nathan." Her voice dropped almost to low to hear. "There is a beautiful photo in my house of a lovely couple I can't bring myself to take down. I don't get why losing that memory has made this happen, if anything all it should of done is reset the clock, not brought out this ugly rift where we never made up. I still love you, I look up to your history and skill, I don't get why we weren't clicking like we did at first." She sounded confused, but her eyes stayed on Nathan, hoping he would give her that chance. She didn't say she wanted to stop him from dating anyone else, and was trying not to show how much she wanted another chance to be his again, even if it was with another person, or if he decided in the end that they weren't meant for each other after all.

Nathan was silent for a few moments. He wanted to believe her, he really did, he wanted to believe that her earnestness in wanting him back was real. There were still doubts of course, afree a year like this of course there were, and it wasn't just him he had to think about. It hadn't just been one night his bed had not been empty after all. God only knew what he was going to do about that! He sighed heavily.

“Okay, we'll try,” Nathan said quietly.

Lorana gave a small smile, it was a bit bitter,knowing this would not be easy but she looked down and took the ring off her hand, handing in back to Nathan and folding his hand over it. “Then you'll need this. No matter what happens.” She ruffled her feathers. “Thank you Nathan. This means the world to me.”

“I hope not for too long,” Nathan replied.

After they parted ways Nathan watched her go and sied heavily again as he looked down at the ring in his hands; how did he get himself in a situation like this. What he had wanted to happen for nearly a year had happened, but it only seemed to complicate matters further. Even if they were going to try and make something work it would not be easy, and that was without considering Jennifer! After everything she had done in the last year, and particularly in the last couple of weeks, to help him get through all of this he couldn’t just hang her out to dry. He shook his head and sighed heavily; how the hell did he manage to get himself into situations like this!
Last edited by Terra Reborn on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 pm

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System
RCNS Unity
Captain Lorana Varcern
5th July 2694

Lorana was sitting in the living room of her house, sunning herself in the sunlight beaming through the window while she read the news on the colony and all its various goings on. She looked up at the picture on the wall and that lovely couple was starting to look a tad familiar. She'd made a point of courting her husband properly and found she was enjoying his company again. They were still a bit weary of each other, or at least he was of her, but she was still working on that. Sometimes, when alone, she felt doubt tug on her mind. A stray thought of 'you don't need this effort' flashing through her mind before vanishing. Every once in a while she would have a nightmare, just filled with this strange voice and the feeling of something 'snapping'. She usually woke up screaming from those.

She'd even managed to give Nathan an tour of Unity. He'd said it wasn't much different then his former form had been, just smaller. Though it was kind of creepy how pristine everything was with no one but them aboard. Unity himself was warming back up to Nathan, going from cold to a more neutral stance, and he'd begun to try to talk to the Terran AIs again, trying to rebuild the bridge they'd burnt down over the past year.

She heard the doorbell and she jumped up, and opened the door, surprised to find Sinley of all people standing there. "Captain Sinley? Is something wrong?"

"I was trying to get in contact with you Captain, but once I told your ship that it wasn't too important he refused to tell me where to direct my call." Jacton said. "Can I come in? its fairly hot outside, I feel like I'm melting." she stepped back and allowed him in. "Thank you." He looked around, eyes flicking around the living room. "A very nice house."

"It was a gift, now, what did you come seek me out for?" Lorana asked, sitting back down on the couch on the pool of sunlight.

"I wanted to run a series of exercises and tests, and since your next in seniority it me, I thought it be best if we started planning them soon. Testing readiness. How does Saturday sound?"

"Can't I'm busy." She said instantly.

Sinley looked a tad, annoyed. "With what?"

"Nathan and I are going out that day." She said.

"How about tomorrow then?"

Lorana shook her head. "No, I have to help the living ships calibrate their guns so if they manage to scrap up a crew in the mean time they work right for us as well as them. And I have another smaller date with Captain Wright."

Sinley just shook him head. "I can't believe after what he's done you'd go back to him. You do realize he cheated on you right?"

She growled. "Captain don 't you ever say anything like that about my husband ever again." Sinley reeled back a bit.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again. I can't imagine what that's like, having to deal with an unfaithful partner."Sinley said Lorana felt doubt tug at her mind before she firmly pushed it away.

"Your concern is not needed. If heartbreak happens again, I am fully agreed to it. Lets wait til Thursday to work on the plans, I can shuttle over to your ship for a working dinner if you want, but other then that I'd much rather not be filling my time with worthless drills and exercises." Lorana said firmly. Sinley didn't look happy but nodded and stood.

"thats all I need from you Captain. Have a good rest of your day."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Unity Colony
Friday 2nd August 2695 (Imperial Standard Time)

Sir Nathan Wright returned the salutes of the Imperial Marines standing guard outside Naval Surface Facility, Unity, as he strode past them and into the lobby of the building. He was on his way to a conference room where he had called a meeting of senior officers of the military, police and civil government to discuss reports that he had received from the scouts that were dispatched out beyond the boundaries of the Epsilon Alpha Star System. The NSF was bustling with activity as normal, even if its structure was somewhat ad hoc at the minute the entire facility was set up to support the operations of all the starships assigned to Andromeda as well as Unity Station itself, which served as the command post for Task Force Unity. As such the NSF was the home to the likes of the medical and supply branches, as well as the judge advocate generals corps’ legal aid detachment and various other staff-based personnel. It was an important facility to say the least, the number of ships and units its served might have lessened, as a result of the losses sustained, but its vital work had continued, supporting as it did all branches, not just the Navy.

In addition to himself, as Acting Commodore, he had invited Colonel Harmon Post, the commander of the Imperial Marine Regiment stationed at Unity for its defence, and the senior marine officer present even after all of the shipboard detachments were considered, to join him, as well as Group Captain Adam Spencer of the Royal Aerospace Force, who commanded the RAF Group based out of Unity. In addition he had invited both this Captain Sinley, as the senior RCN officer, and Lorana, as the commander of their living ship contigent, given that everything he was about to say was relevant to them as well. He had also invited Chief Superintendent John Reynolds, who commanded the Unity City Police at present, and Superintendent Jennifer Fox of the Star Patrol.

Despite the concerning reports he had received it was this latter attendee that threatened to give him the most headaches.

It would be the first time that Jennifer Fox and Lorana Varcern had been in the same room since before Victory Day, and everything that had happened that night. Of course, Jennifer had not held Lorana in particularly high esteem for quite some time before that of course, but the sudden reciprocation of her feelings for Nathan had only escalated that. Given everything that Jennifer had done for him during a period of significant pain, and how much she had come to mean to him, Nathan had not been able to simply let her go. They had had a fierce argument the night that Nathan told her that he had agreed to give Lorana a chance to redeem herself, yet she had ultimately agreed to support his decision, even if she had pointed out that, at this point, Lorana had not insisted that Nathan remain exclusive. It was not a state of affairs that could remain so forever, yet as Jennifer had put it at least they could enjoy some time together whilst Nathan decided what he wanted. And whilst things with Lorana had been going better recently, and the interplay between the two factions were again returning to normal, it was not an easy decision to say the least. And this was still the first time the two women in his life would be in the same room together at the same time.

As the attendees began to enter the room Nathan put on his professional expression, for all the personal problems that might be in this room he was focused right now on his duty. Once everyone had taken their seats he took up his own place at the head of the table and looked down the table.

“Good morning everyone, thank you for coming on such short notice, I’ll cut to the chase with this; my reason for calling this meeting is a number of reports that I’ve received from our scout vessels,” Nathan said grimly. “Our scouts are reporting a small, but marked, increase in Asgar activity in a number of star systems on the fringe of the space we’ve designated as our area of interest; the Asgar are on the move.”

Nathan paused to allow his people to take in that information.

“The Task Force N-2 Officer informs me that this deployment pattern is very similar to one we have seen from the Asgar in the past, in the run up to their offensives,” Nathan continued, handing out a number of folders with reports from the N-2. “This part of their deployments is part of their method of scouting out our outer defences, as a prelude to an attack, we estimate we are between eight and twelve months from an attack.”

Nathan leant forward on the table.

“We do not yet know the size or disposition of the enemy assault force, however we must assume that it will be significant, and although things will become more clear the closer we get, we cannot afford to simply wait,” Nathan shook his head with a sigh, it was obvious he liked this news no better than anyone else. “Although we have Unity Station, and our own Joint Task Force, I think it is safe to say that we cannot hold off another attack, and with the destruction of the wormhole, we have no chance of reinforcements… we are in a bad situation here people... thoughts?”

Lieutenant Commander Alice Stanford DSM*
HMS Defiant FF-01
Sol Star System, The Terran Empire

Lieutenant Commander Alice Stanford yawned into her coffee as he strode onto the bridge of her ship, the Frigate Defiant, accepting the overnight status reports from the officer of the watch and settling into the command chair. Lieutenant Commander Stanford was a veteran of the Hegemony War, one of the Navy's generation of war-forged young commanders. Alice Stanford joined the Imperial Navy in 2682, shortly after the Assault on Haligonian Station and the establishment of the Imperial Navy. She attended initial officer training at the Karin Campus of the Imperial Naval Academy, originally the Officer Training Centre of the House Karin Guard, being commissioned as a Midshipman in November 2682. After a short period of leave she attended the Tactical Officer’s Course, the rigorous two-year training regime that prepared young tactical officers for their careers in the Imperial Navy, being promoted to Sub-Lieutenant and assigned as Gunnery Officer aboard HMS Interloper upon completion in 2684. A highly positive first posting report ensured that, upon her promotion to Lieutenant, that she would progress immediately to Assistant Tactical Officer aboard the Lord Nelson-Class Heavy Cruiser, HMS Henry V, skipping intermediate postings in lesser positions aboard larger ships. Upon completion of her posting she was re-assigned to service as the Tactical Officer aboard another Cruiser, HMS Lionheart, a position she held until the end of the Hegemony War.

Awarded the Distinguished Service Medal in the Victory Honours List recognition of her service throughout the war, due to her low rank rather than the length of the period of service, she was promptly assigned as the Executive Officer of the Biter-Class Destroyer, HMS Stormer, from the end of the war until 2692, when she was recommended for the intense Commanding Officer’s Course, which she passed with flying colours. Her proven service record and her high scores on the CO’s Course ensured a prestigious first command, which turned out to be the first of the Defiant-Class Frigates. Whilst in command of HMS Defiant she was involved in a skirmish with the Xiscapian Imperial Starship Torment during the Alpha Alpha Sigma Incident, during which she was able to force the other ship to withdraw, earning her a bar to her Distinguished Service Medal. She had continued her command of the Defiant and the long patrols around the frontier of the Empire ever since, but now she and her ship were returning to Sol for a change of command. It was unlikely that she would get another command immediately, something which she regretted greatly, far more likely that she would be assigned as an executive officer of a cruiser or destroyer, but it was a sure step towards a larger command of her own.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden beeping from one of the consoles; her eyes shot up immediately but she waited for a report from the tactical officer.

“Contact, bearing two six four mark one four two, distance three point two, IFF response coming in; Imperial Warship,” Sub-Lieutenant Shivla, her Tairian Tactical Officer. “Accessing Joint Fleet Database, ship designation, BC-245, HMS Dependable…”

“The Dependable was deployed to the Andromeda Galaxy as part of the Unity Task Force,” Lt. Commander Stanford frowned as she leant forward over her tactical repeater to examine the report herself. “What the hell is she doing all the way here, with the wormhole destroyed…”

“Looks like she might have come back the hard way, Ma’am, if I’m reading these sensor reports right the Dependable is showing signs of significant usage,” SLT Shivla reported with a frown as he examined the sensor returns. “Her engines and external systems are showing signs of deterioration due to constant usage without much chance for maintenance, its likely why she had to return to normal space.”

“Hail them,” Lt. Commander Stanford ordered.

“Aye, hailing frequencies,” SLT Shivla nodded. “They are responding, on-screen.”

“HMS Dependable, this is Lieutenant Commander Alice Stanford, of HMS Defiant,” Stanford said simply. “It is a surprise to see you to say the least.”

“It is damn good to see you, Defiant, this is Captain Sebastian Rutledge of Dependable,” A weary looking officer replied from the viewscreen as the connection was made. “We need to get to Earth, would you mind awfully clearing us for approach.”

“You are so cleared,” Stanford nodded. “What are you doing here, Sir?”

“That’s a long story, Commander, I’ll tell you it when I get half a chance,” Captain Rutledge replied wryly. “For now I need a direct line to the Admiralty… they’ll want to convene the Joint Council…”
Last edited by Terra Reborn on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System
RCNS Unity
Captain Lorana Varcern
Friday 2nd August 2695

It was probably fortunate for right that so far Lorana had said nor mentioned nothing about being exclusive with Nathan. then again the old Lorana had said she wouldn't mind having multiple relationships, and it seems that part of her was still around. She must know that Nathan and Jennifer were also a thing as she had an uncanny knack of leaving their alone time to be their alone time, not a single interruption of his enjoyment with her. No Cresian, if they noticed, seemed to care that the man in charge of them was juggling two women at once, and most of the RCE side was settling down, glad to see their half of the hero duo finally starting to get along with Nathan again.

So Lorana didn't spare any attention to Jennifer, not out of disrespect, but because she was listening to Nathan talk.

"I would offer to go on a 'reconnaissance in force' with Unity and Kimerio, but I'm not going to do a repeat of what happened with Tharon. We already have enough problems." Lorana said. "I've talked with Kimerio about a planetary shield generator, we have the tech to build one and the living ships to power it. At least it'd stop anyone from trying to land troops or deploy viruses while we're distracted."

Milky Way Galaxy
Sol Star System
Sub-Commander Kara Larson

There were many things Kara enjoyed doing. She enjoyed visiting the Terran Empire a lot, not to mention seeing her friend Jessica and all the high rankers she had come to know fairly well over the past years.

This was not one of those times where enjoyment entered into anything.

A ship had just arrived from Andromeda... the one which they had lost contact with when the wormhole 'broke'. She'd tried to go to NIBS for help, but their Multiverse Transit System wouldn't be able to handle the amount of ship the two nations would want to use, so instead of blowing their cover, she just mourned the colonies loss and moved on. To have news arrive was both amazing and scary.

So she'd been teleported here to Earth for the meeting about it, Nova standing on her shoulder, ears swiveling as he listened to the world around him. She wondered how bad it really was.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Acting Commodore Sir Nathan Wright KCS DSO MC
Unity Colony

Nathan nodded.

“That’s certainly worth some looking into; if we can keep the colony protected from orbital bombardment, so much the better; it’ll ensure that our mobile units have a great deal more flexibility, and we’re going to need every advantage we can get,” Nathan commented with a nod, a planetary shield was one thing that the Terran Empire had never developed, prior to its fall, although Naval R&D was working hard to change that oversight. “My bigger concern however is the possibility that the enemy still has access to propylon devices; we’ve managed to produce a propylon inhibitor, but they can only cover a limited area of the planet; there is still a great deal of real estate that the enemy could potentially infiltrate.”

Nathan paused and glanced down the non-naval side of the table.

“Colonel Rabb, I want you to work with Chief Superintendent Reynolds and Superintendent Fox to put together a comprehensive joint patrol programme between your Marine Regiment and the UCPD; if any any forces, regular or otherwise, infiltrate the planet, I want us to know about it soonest,” Nathan added. “Let’s there be no mistakes here people, we are at the strategic and tactical disadvantage, we lack the ships to launch a pre-emptive strike and do little else other than prepare to receive the attack, as such we need to focus our efforts on ensuring we’re as ready as possible.”

Admiral The Highlady Harrington IC LGR DGS GCT CGC DSO DSC
The Pentagon, Virginia
Earth, Sol Star System

Jessica Harrington returned the salute of the joint-service sentries posted outside the entrance to the Pentagon, the home of Imperial High Command, as she passed inside before reaching up to remove her headgear from her head as she stepped into the packed lobby. The unexpected appearance of HMS Dependable had ensured that Imperial High Command was in an uproar as everyone tried to get a handle on the situation. No one knew quite what was going on but it was obvious that there would be some sort of response, and that the chances were that their bosses would need them for at least a few days of hard work, as such the vast majority of personnel assigned to the Pentagon had responded quickly enough to their orders to report for duty. At the very centre of all this activity was the convening of the Joint Council, a rarely convened gathering of senior military and civilian officials from the signatories of the Karin Accords; strictly speaking these could be expanded but, of course, that had not happened yet. In addition to senior military officials, in the Terran Empire at least, any of the highlords were entitled to attend.

It was in this capacity that Jessica Harrington was attending.

She had been on maternity leave for some time now, having stood down as Chief of Fleet Operations in favour of inactive reserve service. She had had her second son, William, six months previously and he was doing well. If it had been for any other crisis then she would not have requested to attend, but given that it was regarding the Andromeda Expedition she had been unable to ignore it. As such a Harrington Guard shuttle had ferried her from the Harrington Estate in Lyme Park, over the Atlantic to North America; all in all modern technology ensured that the trip didn’t take all that long. It was to the Pentagon that all the attendees were being directed upon their arrival at Earth.

The location of their meeting was one of many conference room, but judging by the amount of security and force protection personnel about the meeting would be highly classified. Given that Warlord Cain was tood at the head of the table and clearly leading the briefing, this was perhaps hardly surprising.

“Good Afternoon everyone, thank you all for assembling on such short notice; as I’m sure you’re all aware His Majesty’s Ship Dependable appeared in Imperial Space several hours ago, having formally been assigned to the Unity Task Force,” Warlord Cain explained. “Upon debriefing her Captain, we have been able to put together a clearer picture of what has happened out in Andromeda; included in your briefing packs on the table in front of you, the purpose of this meeting is simple; we need to decide what to do next.”

Cain paused.

“Take a moment and read the information in front of you, which was the up-to-date situation when the Dependable departed from Andromeda over a year ago,” Cain added. “Then we’ll explore our options.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:23 am

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System
RCNS Unity
Captain Lorana Varcern
Friday 2nd August 2695

"I'll see about getting on the planetary shield generator as soon as possible." Lorana said, tapping a note into a tablet. They really were in trouble out here. a patchwork fleet, no way to retreat or get reinforcements. If the Asgar had the propylon technology then they really were in trouble. She remembered being briefed on the whole incident with the last man (before Wright) going charging off into a trap and getting everyone killed.

"I'm sure we can help you get those generators up Captain." Sinley offered to Lorana. "Since that's mostly our tech, how large is the shield going to be?"

"Probably atmosphere hugging. the living ships can help boost shields of everything else outside it without devices." Lorana explained. "The only thing vulnerable would be Unity's moon, but if they can crack astrological bodies, they probably would of already done it, the traitor destroying the wormhole notwithstanding." Sinley gave a small nod of understanding.

"Alright, Captain Wright, is there anything else before we all go our seperate ways?" He asked.

Milky Way Galaxy
Sol Star System

Kara began to scan the information, hitting all the key points and she sighed as she read it.

Stayr what a mess. The living ships were such a boon of technology and the RCE had been, perhaps, a tad bit too eager to use it? It wasn't all their fault though. The living ships were good souls, and it seems like the traitor coming back to extract his revenge was something they couldn't of stopped. The former leader had hidden it so well. At least he was dead, though with the brutal price tag of two living ships and their entire crews.

"Seems that, at the time of Dependable's departure," Kara spoke up first, cradling Nova in her arms as the large cat slipped down into her arms. "The colony was at least somewhat safe. that was a large force that went after them, and unless they control the entire galaxy with the resources to spare, they couldn't of had much more to put up to attacking the colony, or else they would of done it." She paused, scratching her Alaren's ears. "And with Tharon dead, Unity is all out of native miracles to throw at the Asgar. Even with the wormhole down for the count, there has to be someway we can get some sort of fleet out there to help."
Last edited by StellarGate on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Acting Commodore Sir Nathan Wright KCS DSO MC
Unity Colony

“Excellent; if we can at least provide some physical protection for the planet that will give us more options when it comes to organising our defence, and flexibility I suspect will be the key to our chances here,” Nathan replied with a nod. “On that note, we’re going to need to be able to respond quickly to any crisis; god only knows how the Asgar intend to attack, so we need to be ready; as such joint wargames will begin as soon as practical.”

“Commodore, can I also request that the Star Patrol, UCPD and Marines run some joint exercises as well; with Propylon technology the risk of infilitrators and other unexpected surprises on the surface is high,” Jennifer commented, with just the hint of stress on Nathan’s acting rank which Captain Sinley was notably not using. “We all know what the kind of damage the Asgar are capable of inflicting on the surface, I’m sure we all want to be ready for them if they try something else; we all know how much it cost us the last time.”

Nathan nodded.

“I think that sounds like a good idea; Colonel Rabb, will you please work with our colleagues in that regard,” Nathan replied with a nod, then glanced at Sinley. “To answer your question, Captain, only this; although I suspect our chances of pulling it off are slim if we need to do it, I want to prepare an evacuation plan; if we cannot hold the system we will seek to evacuate as many as possible and begin the long, galaxy-spanning trip home, but that is a last resort option.”

The Pentagon, Virginia
Earth, Sol Star System

Warlord Cain smiled ruefully.

“Strictly speaking there already is; our ships are more than capable of conducting the transit between galaxies, however the problem, as shown by Dependable, is that the ships are in no fit state to engage in combat after a year of near-constant high-power usage as would be required, nor are the crews,” He replied with an obvious sigh. “However, I believe that we may have a solution; to those of you who don’t know her this officer to my left is Vice Admiral Dame Lucy Carter, long-standing Chief of Naval R&D, I was discussing the matter with her on the flight over from England, and we believe that R&D may yet pull another rabbit out of their hats… Dame Lucy?”

Dame Lucy leant forward and nodded.

“For some time Naval R&D has been working on a drive that is capable of speeds even faster than those currently capable of being produced by the Vortex Engines currently employed aboard Imperial Warships,” She began. “Our efforts have been generally successful, however although we have produced an engine capable of crossing the intergalactic divide in as little as two weeks the cost is prohibitively expensive.”

“Making full-scale deployment of the system impossible without severely compromising other procurement in the naval estimates,” Jessica commented, knowing all too well the battles in the Imperial Senate from her time as Chief of Fleet Operations. “For limited deployment on a relief fleet however, the cost, whilst significant, would be acceptable, given what we would achieve.”

“Exactly, using money that had already been earmarked for Unity Colony development anyway, we believe that we can retrofit enough ships to make up a full expeditionary fleet’s worth,” Dame Lucy replied with a nod. “Of course the 8th Fleet is currently in the process of forming, and would be easiest to retrofit; however it would still take us at least six months to complete the retrofit of all ships.”

“What about the Cresians?” Jessica frowned, glancing at Kara. “I’m sure the RCN will want to send a contingent.”

Dame Lucy nodded.

“The system will allow our ships to bring some Cresian ships along with them,” She assured them.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:49 am

Milky Way Galaxy
Sol Star System

"Of course I can get a contingent of ships together to accompany you." Kara said immediately, relieved they'd be able to send some ships with the Terrans. "I'd even be willing to lead them, Stayr knows StarNight didn't take losing the wormhole very well and the past year has been a tad bit... stressful for her with the new," She cleared her throat, looking a tab bit displeased, "trading partner." She didn't need to say anything else on that matter. As an 'adopted' heir to the throne and a very well connected colony leader, her opinion of the new trading partner was fairly low, even if she was all for making friends like she had with the Terrans, the new guys were a tad pushy.

Guardian of Fellows, I pray, Nova's mental voice said to Cain that when this fleet gets out there, we will find everything is still alright. I wish my race could offer more help, no Alaren would want to see any of their rushes die. The Alaren said as he jumped up to the back of the chair. Kara sighed. This really was a clusterfuck. She hated to even think defeatist, but with no wormhole and limited ways of getting there, it would probably be better to leave and establish a colony in the Milky Way, at least with the wormhole gone they didn't have to worry about the Asgar following them through it.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sun May 06, 2018 10:00 am

The Pentagon, Virginia
Earth, Sol Star System

“Excellent; in that case all we need to do is to determine who is to command the 8th Fleet,” Warlord Cain commented with a wry smile as he looked at Jessica, the rest of the group following him. “Given the circumstances it would require a seasoned battle commander.”

Jessica looked back wryly back at Cain with a raised eyebrow. She had intended to remain on maternaity leave for longer than the six months that she had spent so far; after all she had missed so much of her children’s lives already and had enjoyed her time at home. And yet she was a naval officer and she certainly had missed being on the deck of an Imperial Warship. Moreover this was Unity Colony, the culmination of everything that Jessica in particular had fought to build over the last decade and a half; she could not allow this to stand as it was, she had to do something.

“I see you looking at me, Sir,” Jessica commented dryly. “I presume you would choose me.”

“I would,” Warlord Cain nodded. “Duty calls, Highlady Harrington.”

“And I will answer, of course,” Jessica sighed.

“Very good; consider yourself recalled to active duty Admiral.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Milky Way Galaxy
Sol Star System

Kara sighed. Was she really going to do this? She would. She would do anything for Jessica. Probably would of married her had she not already had a husband. They'd been so much together, grown and changed, lived (and one died, for a time at least) it was hard to imagine doing something like this without Harrington, or Harrington doing it without her.

"And of course, I will come with you Admiral Harrington." Kara said. "If there is going to be a fight on the on the other end, I want to be there. We have given so much for this colony, I do not want to sit idle. Fortunately, my colony and people know you and I are joined at the hip, so it will come as no surprise that I will be joining you. I'll see if I can't get any other resources for this expedition, if you need them, especially if it can ease the strain on your naval estimates."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Tue May 08, 2018 12:44 pm

The Pentagon, Virginia
Earth, Sol Star System

“That would be greatly appreciated, Sub-Commander Larson,” Warlord Cain replied with an honest smile, knowing full well how difficult getting such extravagant naval estimates through the Imperial Senate. “I’m sure you’ll have plenty of time to do just that.”

“Indeed, as you said, Warlord, we have at least six months before the ships of the Eighth Fleet will be able to be fully retrofitted to accept the new FTL drives, and that is without shakedown cruises, which is far from ideal, but we need these reinforcements now,” Jessica said with a nod. “That gives us plenty of time to gather as many resources as possible, anything you can add, Kara, would be of great help; and after all, these are your people too, it is only right that the Royal Cresian Navy be part of the relief force.”

Jessica leant forwards and sighed.

“That being said, and I hate to say this, but I am strongly of the opinion that it is time that we call an end of the Andromeda Expedition; the galaxy is clearly far too dangerous and far too hostile to sustain a colony, much less anything more, in the long term,” Jessica said grimly. “And it is only going to compromise our defences here in the Milky Way, and with the Asgar War still in recent memory, I don’t think any of us are prepared to do that, not for a colony which has no real strategic or economic importance.”

“The colonists may not want to give up everything they have fought and died for, Highlady,” Cain commented.

“Perhaps, but the decision may be taken out of their hands,” Jessica shook her head, her tone sounding defeated. “As much as it pains me, I am prepared to recommend to the Highlord Council that the expedition be terminated, and that Eighth Fleet be responsible for evacuating the colony.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am

Milky Way Galaxy
Sol Star System

"I think its for the best." Kara shook her head, the people might not want it, but sometimes it just could not be risked. "We do not need another war and without either some highly advanced hyperspace engines or a wormhole here, the Asgar can't come here." She reached up to pet Nova and the Alaren began to purr softly.

"I feel terrible for agreeing, but I don't believe either of us have the resources to fight off a warmongering race that controls an entire galaxy. The races there might be suffering, but the sad realty is that we can not save everyone, we have our own worlds to worry about here first. Considering the technology boost, the powers the living ships, all of the stuff that the RCE has, its still isn't enough, even if it is powerful, you know of the amount of nations here in the Milky Way. The pirates, privateers, slavers that operate. The some of the more remote and large Empire constantly fighting over each other, while unknown horrors are being battled by others. For the most part, all of that ignores us because we aren't worthy of their time, but sometimes a merchant goes missing, a slaver is captured with our people aboard. We have our own fight here, and we can rebuild Unity somewhere safer, a place that isn't 2.5 million light years away. And make sure it flourishes."
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 am

The Pentagon, Virginia
Earth, Sol Star System

“I agree entirely,” Jessica replied with a heavy sigh. “Unfortunately.”

HMS Duke of Wellington
Mars Fleet Yards, Sol Star System
Monday 24th February 2696 (Imperial Standard Time)

Over six months after the fateful decision had been made, 8th Fleet stood in orbit of Mars, a short distance away from the Mars Fleet Yards where the last of the ships that would make up the formation had just been released from yard hands following their shakedown cruise. The 8th Fleet was a standard Expeditionary Fleet of the immediate post-Hegemony War Imperial Navy, and had a respectable battle line of ten dreadnoughts and twenty battleships, backed up by a screen of thirty-four battlecruisers, sixty four strike cruisers and over three hundred other cruisers, destroyers and frigates, backed up of course by a full Battlecarrier Group. Like the other Expeditionary Fleets, the 8th was designed for versatility above all else, whilst also being able to bring significant firepower to bear upon a target. Only time would tell how Darian Cain’s future fleet vision would play out, with technology, strategy and, bubbling in the background, politics, all playing a role in shaping the future of the military forces of the Terran Empire as the question became less ‘how do we defend against the Hegemony’ and more ‘just how much power should the central government have’. Of course, although it concerned her greatly, right now the Flag Officer Commanding 8th Fleet, Jessica Harrington, was more concerned with the mission in front of her.

The Royal Cresian Navy formation was due imminently, at which point they would manoeuvre close enough to the Imperial Fleet to be caught in their slip space shields and, after that, the fleet would set out for the Andromeda Galaxy, and the rescue of Unity Colony. Of course the unspoken fact that they were likely going to oversee an evacuation put a damper on affairs, but there was never the less a great deal of excitement about finally getting underway. Everyone from the Imperial Navy’s officers to the media and the general public had been debating and arguing about Unity Colony for months now, but it came down to this simple mission to relieve the colony; anything else was secondary. As an Imperial Highlord, Jessica, along with a Cresian Sub-Commander, Kara, would have the authority to make the decision about the future of the Colony, although based on their last face-to-face conversation at the Pentagon, Jessica suspected she knew the answer already. As she stood on the bridge of her ship, looking out at her fleet waiting for the Cresians, Jessica sighed heavily and hoped that once this was all done, she and her family and close friends, would at last know peace.
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Thu May 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Milky Way Galaxy
Sol Star System

Kara watched as the swirling colors of hyperspace were replaced with the familiar sight of the Terran Sol System. It looked as beautiful as ever,it always did. Now if only she didn't have to be here for the reason she was. Kara's fleet quickly formed up and headed towards where they could meet with the Terran 8th fleet for the trip out to Unity. The RCE had been more than willing to contribute to the refit of 8th fleet for the trip, including more of the technology gleaned from their ascension, better reactors which provide more power and reinforced shields were the main contribution, easy to put in with no cost to the Terran Empire, it was probably the easiest way to contribute a meaningful part of cost (less reactor maintenance, fuel efficiency through the rook and extra protection all just for putting in a new reactor.) Labor and material had been donated where the Terrans had needed as well.

"Hail Admiral Harrington please." She asked, as Nova adjusted himself on the back of her command chair.

"Yes ma'am." Her communication officer replied. SHe turned her chair a little and a hologram lit up to show her friend.

"Is your fleet ready to go Highlady Harrington?" Kara asked.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 pm

HMS Duke of Wellington
Mars Fleet Yards, Sol Star System
Monday 24th February 2696 (Imperial Standard Time)

“Indeed we are,” Jessica nodded. “Let’s be about it.”

HMS Duke of Wellington
Epsilon Alpha Star System
Monday 10th March 2696 (Imperial Standard Time)

Two weeks later the combined Eighth Fleet arrived in the Andromeda Galaxy.

And straight into a firestorm.

They dropped out of slipspace a short distance from Epsilon Alpha IV, and it was fortunate that they did so. The orbital space around the planet, which was scarily close all things considered, was crammed with Asgar ships; all of whom seemed to be concentrating on an ever tightening knot of allied ships around Unity Station. Weapons fire was blasting back and forth, and for every Asgar ship that the Imperial and Cresian warships took out, two more moved up to take their place and poured even more fire upon the allied ships without mercy. No one in the 8th Fleet could tell how long the battle had been raging for, but it was obvious that if they did not ask fast then it would not last much longer, and would end with the utter destruction of the Unity Task Force and the colony it protected below.

“Form line of battle,” Jessica ordered crisply. “Take us in, all ships fire as they bear.”

The 8th Fleet quickly formed up into a stacked line of battle, or a wall of battle as the Royal Cresian Navy called it, and began to rapidly close on the enemy forces. At Jessica’s direction the fleet maueivered into the optimum firing position and although the Asgar ships were turning to face them it was too little, too late. The 8th Fleet’s broadsides ripped with fire; the zero point bore cannons of the Imperial Dreadnoughts and Battleships ripped into their counterparts in the Asgar Fleet, joined by the quantum disruption beams and grasers of the other Imperial and Cresian warships. It was a testament to the sheer size of the Asgar war fleet that the enemy fleet did not immediately break and run for cover under the onslaught, but instead managed to form up and effectively return fire against the allied fleet. The pressure was relived from the task force and unity station however, and given that they had been down to energy weapons only this was a damned good thing.

“Get me Captain Wright,” Jessica ordered as the fleet engaged the enemy.

It was a few moments before Wright appeared protected onto the viewports of the Duke of Wellington’s bridge.

“Captain Wright,” Jessica said with a smile. “It is good to see you.”

”Highlady Harrington, it is an absolute pleasure to see you too,” Captain Wright, whom Jessica noted was wearing the one-star insignia of a Commodore on his collar, replied with a smile. ”You arrived just in the nick of time.”

“So it would seem; not a moment too soon,” Jessica agreed. “Keep your ships in cover behind Unity Station whilst we mop up here, then we need to talk…”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Fri May 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System

Kara could already feel the telepathic net falling into place and she activated it, the rush of information over it hurting a tiny bit as she sat back in her command chair. She was both surprised to find a battle raging, and not surprised that they managed to get here just in the nick of time to save the few remaining ships. "Fire off our salvo and get the pods rolling, make sure our reactor output is optimized, add extra power behind our shields until we get into energy range." She quickly commanded and the ayes came back just as quickly as her ships launched there first salvo, not as big as it could been, but they had no prep time.

As the missiles raced in and began to detonate among the fleet, the paths carefully planned to hit and kill ships that wouldn't injure any friendlies in the process, Kara felt something strange tug at her attention. Her eyes turned down to look at her data....

"Ma'am!" Her tactical officer called. "its Kimerio!"

"But he died..." she began to say as the living ship cam blazing back in from who knows where at full tilt into the side of a dreadnought, the hit crushing the ship nearly in two before Kimerio retreated to circling above Unity Station, feeding energy from himself into the station's shields. Kara nodded, no matter if this had been going on for hours or days, it was obvious that Kimerio was doing his best to support the fleet and keep everyone as portected as he could. There was a limit though, and constant beating on him, the shields he was making, and the ships he was trying to protect means he couldn't do it 100% perfectly.

Nevermind how he came back to life in the first place! Kara's eyes flicked over to the readings on Unity and the planet itself was completely untouched, it would of probably have been easy for the Asgar in this madness to lob a few taunting shots down at the planet to damage it. Had there not been an impenetrable gold shield around the entire planet and one around the moon as well, protecting both from any bombardment or troop landings. Though to her knowledge, Kimerio couldn't DO stuff like that.

She pushed the thoughts aside for later as the living ship finished and went back to melt down a smaller Asgar ship and her fleet pounded the Asgar with everything they could.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Sat May 26, 2018 5:04 am

HMS Duke of Wellington

Slowly but surely the allied fleet dialled up the pressure on the Asgar. Under it’s Admiral’s direction the Fleet curled around the far flank of the enemy formation and began to catch them in a crossfire, raining fire down upon them from multiple sides. The Imperial Navy had done the same thing to the Hegemony Mars Defence Fleet during the Battle of Sol, eventually entirely encircling the Hegemony assets. Fire control discipline was essential in a situation like this; a thoughtless shot could very well hit a friendly ship if not properly aimed, but the damage it could do to a foe was significant. One of the most prevalent defensive strategies was to divert shield power from one aspect to another, but the best way to overcome that tactic was simply to attack from multiple sides and Jessica’s keen maundering had achieved just that in short order. There was a reason, after all, why she was in the position that she was and why she had been entrusted with this most difficult of missions.

The Imperial Navy had always favoured an aggressive approach to combat, and even as some ships fell out of formation damaged others moved up to take their place. The sheer amount of firepower that 8th Fleet was bringing to bear was enough to ensure that total loss casualties would be light, although there would be some badly damaged ships out there. Ultimately however it was the wave of Intruder-II Torpedo Bombers from the Battlecarrier Hornet that broke the back of the enemy fleet, launching a withering barrage of plasma torpedo along their line of advance and gutting ship after ship; this was not something the Asgar had seen before; after all the last time the King’s Own had been out here the Battlecarrier had never had a chance to get it’s fighters into the action. The effect was devastating, as the last balwark of Asgar resistance faltered and a general rout was imminent.

“No mercy,” Jessica ordered grimly. “We need to make sure they never dare coming after the Milky Way.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

StellarGate
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby StellarGate » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Andromeda Galaxy
Unity Star System

"You heard the Admiral. No Mercy." Kara confirmed the order for her own people who were all too eager to beat the entire Asgar force to nothing more than a spreading pattern of atoms in space. It was pretty much already decided that Unity was being evacuated, but this sealed the deal. There was no way their people were staying out here like this, yet again under seize from attackers. No, they were coming back to the Milky Way, where their Empires would keep them safe.

Kara looked over the data and frowned. "Who just fell out of formation?"

"Its just Libra and Taurus, the destroyers took a bit too much concentrated fire. We're filling in the gaps now." Her tactical officer responded. "Others have suffered damage, but not as bad as it could be, the new cores are helping out tremendously."

"Good." She sighed watched as Kimerio circled above the battle, it was getting a bit too hectic even for him to be dodging in and out of. She noted he was slightly bigger than before, with one side 'decorated' in a shiny golden scar-looking thing. He had gotten hit by the Terrans weapon, so was that some remnant of his death in his new form? Questions to be asked at a later date. Right now they had Asgar to kill.
Dogmeat wrote:

How to become an Admin

Terra Reborn
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Reborn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 pm

HMS Duke of Wellington

The Allied fleet continued to pound the Asgar Fleet even as it attempted to withdraw; after all Highlady Harrington had ordered no mercy, and by god she had meant it. The Terran Empire had proven with the Amsus that it was fully prepared to take whatever measures were necessary to defeat a foe that had absolutely no scruples of its own; even if it violated the normal laws of war. The Amsus would never have left the Terrans alone even after defeat in the Hegemony War, and thus they had to be destroyed root and stem; the Asgar had to be taught a lesson that meant that would never try and bring their zealotry to the Milky Way Galaxy; and that meant defeating them totally and conclusively at every engagement. Part of that effort had been the principle of bringing in increasingly larger response fleets, ensuring that the defeat the allies inflicted upon the Asgar was overwhelming in each instance; they had to know that they could not win here. After all, on a ship-to-ship level the Asgar were only moderately below the allies in terms of technology, and they were far more savvy tacticians than the Amsus had been; only overwhelming firepower would send the required message.

And that message was to stay the hell away from the Terran Empire and the Royal Cresian Empire, or suffer the consequences.

The Asgar were stubborn however, and once it became clear that their ships would not be able to escape successfully the Asgar fought to the death against the superior allied forces. In time, however, the firing steadily decreased until it stopped at last, and peace and quiet was restored over Unity Colony.

“Signal Salamis,” Jessica ordered.

“On-screen, Ma’am,” The Communications Officer replied.

“My Lady,” Commodore Wright said formally. “It is over then.”

“It is,” Jessica agreed. “We need to talk; you, Captain Varcern and the two Consuls… we’ve got bad news.”

“Understood, Ma’am,” Wright sighed heavily. “We’ll meet you planetside.”
The Terran Empire
Future Tech

The Apilonian Empire
Earth II

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents