NATION

PASSWORD

Gods and Supermen (OOC, OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Gods and Supermen (OOC, OPEN!)

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 pm

1958: The year that the very first superhuman had appeared, followed by thousands upon thousands more awakening. No one really knows where the extraordinary abilities came from, but with them, the face of the planet had been changed forever. Technology developed faster and better. The conflicts that all nations had were put on hold if not outright stopped due to the appearance of these new and powerful people. However, things weren't all good. Some people got the idea that since they were the ones with powers, they should be the ones in charge. Thus the worry went from the threat of atomic weaponry, to atomic men and women. Most world governments were frantically trying to find a way to stop or otherwise put an end to the people who decided that their power was best used to hurt other people, and gave rise to the first actual "superheroes" who fought long and hard to put their rampaging counterparts down. It took several years, but a careful balance was achieved. Life wasn't free of worry, but a sense of normalcy had been attained. But as the population of those with powers grew, and those without them decreased, people began to worry that soon they would be obsolete.

1980: Strife continued to grow between the two groups. People wanted the supers to work for them. It was easier and cheaper to pay one super, a little more money to get accomplished the work of 10 men in a fraction of the time. People were always on the edge of their seats, scared if the man who could juggle cars would someday snap and start tearing apart everyone in sight. Super had effectively achieved dominance on the planet. They were the ones who protected the public, and normal people were forced to tolerate them. Beyond the occasional spat that leveled a city block or 5, life wasn't terrible. Technology had been pushed ahead decades, allowing virtually instant communication from anywhere on the planet thanks to the supers who had the ability to invent wondrous technologies. However, things went from 0 to 100 very quickly.

2005: The Golden Morning. What seemed to start as a typical attack by an insane South American super quickly got out of hand. The man was far more powerful than was realized by those trying to stop him, and the next thing that happened was the event that forever changed the face of the planet, the power unleashed by this man devastated almost the entirety of the South American continent. The entire planet was on edge. Supers were powerful, but none were even close to that level of power. Humanity seemed to be on the brink of genocide against itself. What happened next could be considered to be just as bad: The Gods of old had returned, with a vengeance. The Gods claimed that the so called superhumans were not doing their job of keeping those without unique abilities safe, and that they were going to retake their position as humanity's guide. The superhumans did not take their return well. It was less than a week before the Gods started committing atrocities in the name of snuffing out the superhumans. The superhumans retaliated and it was war. And it was the bloodiest and most destructive war. Worse than the entirety of humanities's previous wars, combined. Entire cities were devastated, millions upon millions of people were killed as the two sides destroyed everything in their wake, leaving little standing.

2010: Half a decade later, and both sides had settled down into an uneasy peace fully aware that neither side would emerge victorious over the other if both sides were completely eradicated and the planet rendered uninhabitable. The North American, European, and Asian continents were devastated. And in the "peace" both the superhumans and gods had managed to construct bastion cities to protect the remaining populace from the harsh badlands. Both sides were weary, angry, and just itching to get back at eachother for all the perceived pain that they saw the other as responsible for, but neither could afford the losses, but vowed that someday, they would have their revenge.

Alright. That's the exposition. In this RP you'll be playing as a God, Superhuman, or Demi-god in a world that hates all of you. Gods are obviously the most powerful, but carry the biggest risk. All Gods are superhuman to a degree, but they're even moreso when they have people worshipping them. The more people that worship them, the stronger they are. However, humans are fickle. As a God, you have to care and protect your humans lest they lose their faith in you, and even worse if a God is bested in combat, they will almost certainly lose most if not all of their worshipers.

Demi-Gods are humans that had powers bestowed upon them by deities. The strength of their abilities varies on how their deity is feeling along with how much power they can spare. The more worshipers that a deity has, the more power that they can give to their most faithful.

Superhumans vary greatly in strength and ability. Some are powerful enough to take on even a worshiped god and some are barely able to lift a car or fly. Usually they are weaker than most deities, with those on par, more often than not being antagonistic to everyone. What they lack in power they make up for in numbers, making up a substantial population of the remaining humans, and growing.

RULES

• Standard NS rules. No Godmodding, Metagaming, being a jackass ect.
  • Keep it Pg13
  • NO ARGUING IN THE OOC
  • Gods aren't almighty. Not even close.
  • Fun is madatory
  • No Mary/Gary Sues/Stus! Both humans and gods alike made mistakes.
  • OC's only! You can't be Zeus or Thor, or Superman or Spiderman! Be creative! Taking inspiration from them however, is fine.
  • Delete everything in parenthesis in your app!

Applications

God/Demi-God App
Code: Select all
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Dominion:[/u][/b] (What's the dominion that the diety adheres to? Eg Strength, nature, Ect)

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] (Pics are preferred)

[b][u]Bio:[/u][/b] (What they did before, during and after the Golden Morning)

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Optional![/u][/b]

[b][u]Likes:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Dislikes:[/u][/b]

[url=http://tvtropes.org/]Tropes:[/url]

Superhuman App
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Appearance:[/u][/b] (Pics are preferred!)

[b][u]Bio:[/u][/b] (What they did before, during and after the Golden Morning)

[b][u]Powers:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Optional![/u][/b]

[b][u]Likes:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Dislikes:[/u][/b]

[url=http://tvtropes.org/]Tropes:[/url]

City App

[b][u]City name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]City Appearance:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Population:[/u][/b]

[b][u]City Leader[/u][/b]

[b][u]Brief City History:[/u][/b]

Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 41 times in total.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:51 pm

I'm the first post! Hooray!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:56 pm

I got messaged privately, might as well check it out.

Only debate is which side of the battle to fall on...
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Jumping on the wagon.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:04 pm

*Peeks head out of the Abyss*

Color me interested.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:11 pm

im ready for Infinite Justice: Gods and Men
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Sounds like a pretty cool idea, I'd be down

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Glad to see that this has a few peeps interested.

Anyone have any questions?

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:56 pm

Color me interested
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Are the supermen limited to be evil dick-taters or what.

i ask as i might plan a formerly evil guy who is fighting the Gods and Supermen alike, just so taht he can put the plans he spent so long on, into motion.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Are the supermen limited to be evil dick-taters or what.

i ask as i might plan a formerly evil guy who is fighting the Gods and Supermen alike, just so taht he can put the plans he spent so long on, into motion.

Nope. People being what they are, are good, bad, indifferent, ect.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Count me as interested.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:37 pm

tag
Signatures are so 2014.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Oh this peep be interested

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Oh, and before we go any further, we're not using pre-existing gods! OC's only!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:52 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Oh, and before we go any further, we're not using pre-existing gods! OC's only!

No preexisting as in no gods from myths or no preexisting as in entirely original, meaning no OC gods used in other rps?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Oh, and before we go any further, we're not using pre-existing gods! OC's only!

Would it be possible to have our OC be an inspiration for existing gods, twisted by centuries of interpreting the real being, just not the actual god?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

No preexisting as in no gods from myths or no preexisting as in entirely original, meaning no OC gods used in other rps?

No gods from pre-existing mythologies.

Athrax wrote:

Would it be possible to have our OC be an inspiration for existing gods, twisted by centuries of interpreting the real being, just not the actual god?

As long as it's different enough from the original, yes.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Oh.
Signatures are so 2014.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:07 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

No gods from pre-existing mythologies.

Athrax wrote:Would it be possible to have our OC be an inspiration for existing gods, twisted by centuries of interpreting the real being, just not the actual god?

As long as it's different enough from the original, yes.

That is what i had thought, buut i wanted to clarify, as i had seen the latter be the case in an rp, it didnt last lonmg.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:54 am

Excellent policy decision.

I am definitely keen.

Might be a good idea to encourage god chars to be based around a specific function i.e. weather, fertility, walrus hunting, unexpected guests... rather than being a generic deity.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:58 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I am definitely keen.

Might be a good idea to encourage god chars to be based around a specific function i.e. weather, fertility, walrus hunting, unexpected guests... rather than being a generic deity.

Or being around a concept, ie destruction Creation, etc. To a point anyways

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:45 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I am definitely keen.

Was the idea. You can be say, a God of Lightning, but to prevent dickery, the gods need humans to worship them to keep their divinity.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I am definitely keen.

Was the idea. You can be say, a God of Lightning, but to prevent dickery, the gods need humans to worship them to keep their divinity.

Steve, the god of lost pieces of clothing.....
No even better

SOCKS FOR THE SOCK GOD!!!
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:40 am

Shadowwell wrote:

Steve, the god of lost pieces of clothing.....
No even better

SOCKS FOR THE SOCK GOD!!!

Anoia, the Goddess of Things that Stick in Drawers

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse