NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Poll [poll ended]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Which flag is more aesthetically pleasing?

Flag 1 (Current Flag)
No votes
Flag 2 (proposed Flag)
14%
Flag 3 (Stalgard's Proposal)
86%

Total votes : 7

Akaidia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Flag Poll [poll ended]

Postby Akaidia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 am

Flag 1 (current flag)

Flag 2 (Proposed flag)

Flag 3
Last edited by Akaidia on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed" - V.I.Lenin

Stalgard
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalgard » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:45 am

honestly? both of them are bad, in both composition and a color scheme
to improve color scheme i recommend replacing red with darker pink, #99005c for example

Akaidia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Akaidia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:15 am

Stalgard wrote:honestly? both of them are bad, in both composition and a color scheme
to improve color scheme i recommend replacing red with darker pink, #99005c for example

The colors aren't chosen at random. The red and white cross is the symbol of the house of Savoy (the parent branch of our royal house), the red that is used is the official color of the house of savoy and so cannot be changed.

The green and purple are the colors of the former national flag.

[ooc] I'm a vexillologist, so I am aware just how horrific these look, but in the interest of RP and my nations history, I'm just ignoring it.
"It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed" - V.I.Lenin

Stalgard
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalgard » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:24 am

Akaidia wrote:
Stalgard wrote:honestly? both of them are bad, in both composition and a color scheme

The colors aren't chosen at random. The red and white cross is the symbol of the house of Savoy (the parent branch of our royal house), the red that is used is the official color of the house of savoy and so cannot be changed.

[ooc] I'm a vexillologist, so I am aware just how horrific these look, but in the interest of RP and my nations history, I'm just ignoring it.

why not put a coat of arms of savoy on old flag then? balkan style

Akaidia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Akaidia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 am

Stalgard wrote:
Akaidia wrote:

why not put a coat of arms of savoy on old flag then? balkan style

Honestly, I completely overlooked that. Good thinking, I'll have play and see what happens.

Return to NationStates