NATION

PASSWORD

Bloody September | 1821 | AH | OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Bloody September | 1821 | AH | OOC

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 pm

"Bloody September, revolt and mutiny against the Bonapartes!"
vhK39c3

IC | Archive | Map

The year is 1821. Napoleon has succeeded in securing France from his invaders, but by a very slim margin. Britain was barely beat by a suicide invasion that destroyed London and Plymouth, which ended up with the Royal Family dead and the Parliament completely taking over. The Austrians were invaded by the Ottomans, who were trained by contracted Germans/French/Spaniards/Britons/Italians. Their Army occupied Hungary, which gave Napoleon safe room to operate in Germany. Joachim Murat successfully beat the Austrian incursion in the Battle of Tolentino, where Joachim, who was inspired by this success, proclaimed himself King of Italy. Napoleon, though angry at this, noticed how popular he was due to his reformations in Naples and how well received they would be in the North, and recognized it. This granted him the annexation of Piedmont once more as his step son (Eugene) was crowned Archduke of the Po Valley, a new title designated to those who ruled Piedmont. Napoleons army, the one sent to combat the British and Prussians in Belgium, was nothing but a militia. Even the Old Guard was a shell of its former self, due to broken morale from previous campaigns and their officers surrendering during the Bourbon. The only true Old Guard unit that was capable was the "Elba Battalion", the men who went with Napoleon to Elba and the ones who "brought him back". But Napoleon was ambitious. His army was substantially larger than as it was in history, due to the Russian Campaign being relatively short (Napoleon did not wait till winter to leave Russia). But he still suffered horrendous losses. In Iberia during the previous years, the campaign was relatively short. Spain took Brazil from Portugal during their historic union in the 1600's, so when Napoleon invaded they had only British supplies (also their African colonies), and were unable to properly resist. This lead to a issue in the south as Britain went under siege in Gibraltar, which they lost with drastic losses. Of course, in 1813, that would change as Britain would be able to spark a relatively large rebellion in the North West of Spain and Portugal, which caused the spread French, who were retreating to deal with coalition forces in Germany, to collapse. Napoleon abdicated in 1814 and history resumes its traditional stand point, except Napoleons Army is able to reunite with Grouchy and cause Wellingtons center to collapse, and in time for Napoleon to reorganize and repel the Prussian attack. After that, a bitter defensive war began, Napoleon eventually doing his suicidal London Campaign where half his army would be killed, a quarter captured, and the rest able to make it back. It was enough to cause Scotland, incited by the French, to mutiny and declare themselves free. Ireland soon followed. England was all that was left, and due to the Royal Family being executed, they became a republic. The USA, now rather expansionist, took hold of the issues in Europe and annexed most of Canada. They then went to help Spain (in order to gain the west coast and Texas, along with support in fighting the British) and suppress the Mexican and Central American revolts (also, in this time period the Monroe Document never was made and the US was rather supportive of the West, if it meant their gain). By 1820, Napoleon had beaten back every army, and with the Ottomans (with support of a huge Polish rebellion against Russia and Prussia, being VERY successful) invading the defenseless Austrians, then turning to Russia and barely beating them, the Coalition was finally exhausted and Europe practically destroyed. The Congress of Frankfurt began, and Europe was redrawn. France maintained Belgium, Catalonia, Piedmont, and some of her Rhine territories. Naples claimed most of Lombardy and annexed the Papal States, becoming the Kingdom of Italy. Austria gained Venice but lost the Salzburg to Bavaria (who also gained Wurttemberg, which sparked the Southern War, where France and Bavaria won, gaining Bavarias allegiance and support), allowed France to annex Saxony and Hanover (via implementing his family back in new positions) and form a Confederation of Germany (a unified nation with elections and etc, though German states maintain some sort of autonomy), destroying any chance of Austrian supremacy in Germany via another HRE like system. England entered union with the Netherlands to save themselves from being beaten (which caused a Boer State to be formed) Prussia lost Posnan but gained huge cessions in the North West. Bernadotte anxiously supported Napoleon, gaining part of Finland back, also part of Courland. They got Mecklenburg and Pomerania in Germany. Russia was battered due to the wars and lost a good bit for the treaty that France will pay them 900,000,000 Francs and allow the Russians access to the Bosporus (this being military access). The Ottomans also had to pay them the equivalent of 600,000,000 Francs. In the Treaty of Quebec, the Canadian government which was 'loyal to the Royal Family' negotiated them being annexed for statehood. It was approved. New Labrador is the only territory, besides parts of the barren north, that stayed with Britain. After Spain was able to suppress the Mexican-Central American rebellions, they allowed most of South America (other than Argentina and Chile) free. Argentina and Chile currently are fighting for their freedom though they are losing. Brazil is the largest latino nation in the world now and their Economy is rather powerful.

Also, in the East, Japan is at a deadly war with China started by the Shogun. 3 years ago, the Shogun was removed by popular rebellion, and the Emperor instated as the highest power. Utilizing the conflicts in the West, Japan annexed a good bit of Pacific Islands and overran the Spanish Philippines. With the Emperor in charge, he has began to form a modernized Western Army, the Samurai forming the brunt of the force. The Clans are very suspicious but realize that this step is needed to beat China, who has occupied the northern Islands.

Now, in 1821, the French people have rebelled after unrest built up due to the dying French economy and Napoleon's death, leading to his son of the age of 10 ruling. The older Marshals have formed his regency council rather than the government, causing them to believe that the future will be lead by another Militaristic Napoleon, something they did not want. So, 120,000 republicans in the Northwest took up arms in protest. Soon Bourbon Catholic Royalists took up arms in Brittany. Italian Rebels in Savoia number to 60,000. Germans in Alsace-Lorraine form the Duchy of Lorraine which is headed by a Habsburg, causing tension with France and Austria. Catalonians also begun to rebel. In the Ottoman Empire, the Hungarian rebellion has quelled down but it is beginning to become popular again due to the Battle of Debrecen destroying the occupying Ottoman Army of 20,000. Greece has also rebelled, and due to this the Egyptians, under Muhammad Ali, have began to move their modernized Army, the strongest in the Ottoman Empire, to fight them. England, in turn, has dispatched 40,000 men (including a legion of 10,000 Russians) to take Constantinople. They have landed on the East side, and prepare to cross. Poland seems to favor supporting the Hungarians due to them possibly being able to be able to have a Polish noble be the Hungarian kind, but it is not confirmed. Europe, destroyed, is efficiently killing itself. What will you do in this chaos?

Welcome one and all to my roleplay, Bloody September. I have tried many Napoleonic-like roleplays before, all failing due to my own ignorance and inactivity. However, I have came back with plentiful knowledge and I aim to have a rather realistic roleplay on a 'what if' scenario where several factors, such as Brazil being annexed by Spain in the 1600's, or the Ottomans modernizing their army in a short period, change the course of the war(s). if you have any questions, do ask, as I am very anxious to put this out and I want to ease anyones suspicion of this. Firstly, the French are weak and economically destroyed, therefore do not expect a god like France like it has been in my other ones. The major super power really is Prussia, America, and Italy. Poland, Sweden, Denmark, and the German Confederation are even doing better than the major powers such as Austria, England, France, and Russia! Everything is practically on a equal plane and I look forward to see the future of this RP!

Credits to Plessur, for which I copied from him, heh.

Rules:

- No godmodding or metagaming
- Good quality IC posts, at least two significant paragraphs
- Standard English with proper grammar on IC posts
- This is an AH; therefore, make your nation interesting but not eccentric. Your history must be realistic
- Custom nations only allowed in the White, habitable land (So no nations inside the Sahara)
- My word, along with Co-OP's word, is law.
- 2-5 Paragraphs per IC post, each paragraph having four sentences minimum.

There is a semi-modern nation in West Africa! Suprisingly, Songhai survived the wars from Morocco, even prospered from them! Here, they have annexed southern Morocco and kept their land with the help of the Ottomans, and due to their trade they have a semi modern army. They use muskets now but no form of a uniformed army nor a regulated one at that. There is some economic issues going on due to the Napoleonic Wars and tension has built up with the Ottomans

In 1818 the British East Indian Company went bankrupt due to the wars in the West, and the Indian Subcontinent felt it. Now, there are 3 major powers in the region: Persia, Sikh Empire, and the Maratha Empire. Also, by late 1820 they merged with the Dutch East India Company (which did not collapse or get taken over by the Dutch Government) to form the Anglo-Dutch Indian Company, which has a good control over Indonesia and the Indian Sea. Note: Their navy is not as large as one would expect, due to the British Company having to sell most of their ships to pay their Sepoy soldiers in the South.

Brazil is now Spanish rather than Portuguese due to Spanish annexation and colonization of it in the 1600's-1700's. The Portuguese have enclaves everywhere and form 35% of the population. This is room for rebellion.

Japan is invading this early? Their Shogun foolishly, based on a falsified series of reports from agents inside China, invaded Korea. It was initially a success but the Chinese easily regrouped and pushed them back. After a series of defeat, and the Northern isles being occupied, the Shogun killed himself and the Emperor took charge. He is trying to Westernize Japan and may look to have some sort of peace.

How is the Ottoman Army Modernized? Well Sultan Selim III's Cedid reformations were not stopped by the Janissary uprising. Instead, it caused the 'Auspicious Incident' to practically happen a decade early, and caused a boost in the Westernization of the Ottomans. Their army is decent, as shown when it fought the remnant, veteran Austrian army from their Seventh Coalition War. As well, it is able to beat the Russian Army, though can be swarmed due to Russian manpower

That is all for now, unless I find out I forgot a few things
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed May 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Applications
Rebel Application-
Code: Select all
[B]Formal Nation Name/Rebel Army Name:[/b]
[b]If you have a nick name, such as the 'Black Vanguard' or something like that, post it here!:[/b]
[b]Rebel size:[/b]
[B]History:[/b]
[b]Land Claims:[/b]
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]Who do you intend to get support from:[/b]
[b]RP Example:[/b]

Code: Select all
[b]Formal Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Informal name:[/b]
[b]Population (including colonies separately): [/b]
[b]Territory (map preferably): [/b]
[b]Capital city:[/b]

[b]Government form:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Description of how government works:[/b]
[b]Prevalent government ideologies:[/b]
[b]Description of Foreign Policy:[/b]

[b]Military Size:[/b]
[b]Description of Military:[/b]
[b]Key strengths and weaknesses of military:[/b]

[b]Land claims:[/b]
[b]Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) :[/b]
[b]Description of economy:[/b]
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS):[/b]
[b]RP sample:[/b]

Roster-

Accepted Nations -
Qing Dynasty- Khasinkonia
France- Military Lands of the Scottish People (MLotSP/Isaiah)
Prussia- Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States
Poland- Of the Quendi
Swiss Confederation- The Unified Isles
Hungarian Rebels- Soviet Chernarus
Persia- The New Greek Republic (Greeky)
Boer Republic- Duestchstien
Nguyen Dynasty (Dai Viet)- South Vict
Ottoman Empire- Nea Byzantia
Duchy of Lorraine(Rebels)- Wong Dong
Brazilian Empire (looking for a Monarch, interesting in Austrian Habsburgs): Republicca di Guyana
Greece- Military Lands of the Scottish People
Bavaria- Trotza
Anglo-Dutch Commonwealth- United Democratic Christian States (or Greg/UDCS)
Irish Republic- Kelmet (Kel)
Rattanakosin- Aidannadia
Italy- Aidannadia
Republican Rebels- Lunas Legion
USA- Democratic East Asia

Reserved Nations -
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Wed May 31, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 12 times in total.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed May 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Greater Empire of France and her Territories
Informal name: France
Population (including colonies separately): 39.1 Million

Colonial Population:
Caribbean Islands: .2 Million
Territory (map preferably): Refer to the map posted in the OOC
Capital city: Paris

Government form: Absolute Monarchy
Head of State: Napoleon Bonaparte II
Head of Government: Michel Ney/Joachim Murat/Louis-Nicolas Davout/Jacques Macdonald/Emmanuel de Grouchy (as part of the Regent Council, Marshals of the Empire), Head of the Senate Louis Andresa la Marquess d'Houteville
Description of how government works: The Tribunat, Senat Conservat, and the Corps Legislatif are the three branches of the government. They are crucial for the Bonapartes to maintain their regime over France. Look them up if you are interested.
Prevalent government ideologies: Bonapartism, Republicanism, Authoritarianism, Imperialism, Conservatism
Description of Foreign Policy: In order to secure the peace of France, France is rather protective over herself and her allies. She is also not as hostile as she was previously was. She is still a hard liner but much more lenient when it comes to negotiations. This has given her ease.

Military Size: 300,000
60,000 National Guard
100,000 Reserve
Cut down:
Army of the North (Armee du Nord): 60,000
35,000 Infantry
10,000 Light Infantry
5,000 Grenadiers
2,000 Hussars
3,000 Cavalry
2,000 Cuirassiers
1,500 Lancers
1,500 Dragoons
160 Cannons
40 Howitzers
20 Siege Equipment

Army of Brest/Army of the Northwest [Armee de Brest/Armée du Nord-Ouest]: 30,000
They are stuck in Brest under siege of the Catholics
16,000 Infantry
7,000 Light Infantry
5,000 Grenadiers
1,000 Middle Guardsmen Grenadiers
2,500 Young Guardsmen Infantry
2,000 Lancers
2,000 Dragoons
80 Cannons
15 Howitzers
5 Siege Equipment Pieces

Army of Catalonia (Armée de Catalogne): 30,000
10,000 Infantry
10,000 Grenadiers
5,000 Old Guard Grenadiers
2,500 Old Guard Cuirassiers-Lancers
2,500 Middle Guard Dragoons

Army of Saxony (Armee de Sax): 20,000
8,000 Infantry
5,000 Jagers
2,500 Grenadiers
1,500 Young Guard Fusiliers
1,500 Hussars
1,500 Old Guard Lancers/Polish Lancers
90 Cannons
20 Howitzers
5 Siege Equipment

Army of Hanover (Armee de Hanovre): 30,000
10,000 Infantry
5,000 Jagers
5,000 Grenadiers
5,000 German Infantry Mercenaries
3,000 Light Cavalry
2,000 German Dragoons (basically heavy Cavalry)
70 Cannons
10 Howitzers
10 Siege Equipment
Army of the Oriental (Armee d'Oriente): 30,000
8,000 Infantry
12,000 Algerian/Tunisian/Moroccan Infantry
5,000 North African Grenadiers
5,000 Young Guard Dragoons
80 Cannons
20 Howitzers
10 Siege Equipment

Army of the South (Armee du Sud): 60,000
35,000 Infantry
10,000 Light Infantry
5,000 Grenadiers
2,000 Hussars
3,000 Cavalry
2,000 Cuirassiers
1,500 Lancers
1,500 Dragoons
160 Cannons
40 Howitzers
20 Siege Equipment

Imperial Guard Division (Garde Imperiale): 40,000
5,000 Old Guard Grenadiers
5,000 Old Guard Fusiliers
2,500 Old Guard Cuirassiers
2,500 Old Guard Lancers
5,000 Middle Guard Fusiliers
2,500 Middle Guard Grenadiers
2,500 Middle Guard Heavy Cavalry
10,000 Young Guard Fusiliers
5,000 Young Guard Cavalry
120 Cannons
50 Howitzers
30 Siege Equipment

Army of Reserve/Center (Armée de réserve/Centre): 100,000
60,000 Infantry
20,000 Light Infantry
10,000 Cavalry
5,000 Heavy Cavalry
5,000 Marines of the Guard
200 Cannons
40 Howitzers
8 Siege Equipment

National Guard (Garde Nationale): 60,000
Currently deployed in the Caribbean
25,000 Infantry
15,000 Light Infantry
10,000 Cavalry
5,000 Middle Guard Grenadiers
5,000 Poles
60 Cannons
10 Howitzers
2 Siege Equipment

Fleet of the Mediterranean
1 First Rate Frigate
3 Second Rate Frigates
3 Third Rate Frigates
4 Fourth Rate Frigates
4 Fifth Rates
6 Six Rate Frigates
8 Sloops
9 Brigs
15 Schooners
35 Gunboats

Fleet of the Atlantic
2 First Rates
4 Second Rates
4 Third Rates
5 Fourth Rates
5 Fifth Rates
5 Sixth Rates
10 Sloops
10 Brigs

Fleet of the East Indies
1 Third Rate
3 Fourth Rates
4 Fifth Rates
6 Sixth Rates
10 Sloops
10 Brigs
15 Schooners
Enough Transports to move 10,000 Seaman Guard

Description of Military: The Military is no where near as grand as it once was, and it has been that way ever since the coming of Napoleon and the London Campaign. The Old Guard are luckily getting back to their older uniforms, but not to the extreme, as the economy cannot afford it. The army has lost most of its experienced men from the last Coalition war. Most of its equipment is sub par, but that is the same for most powers in Europe, however the campaign losses have truly stinged French Morale. The older officers have formed the 'Reformed Army', the old model being in reserve. Right now it poses as the strongest force in Europe, only equal to that of Prussia and Italy.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: Experience from every campaign possible makes the French command the most talented force there is. As well, veterans are officers and NCO's now, and have trained most of the army to be rather decent. However, a lack of supplies due to the collapse of British trade in India (mostly) has resulted in 10,000 Guard Seamen to the East, interested in either India or Indo-China. Also, the army is mostly of conscripts now between the ages of 17-35. Most are inexperienced. The German Armies are mostly German, which might become a issue later on.

Land claims: France, the Rhine, Saxony, North Italy, Croatia, Hanover, Belgium, Netherlands, Catalonia, the Caribbean, Spain, Egypt
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) : The people are fiercely loyal to the Bonapartes for saving them from the coalitions who were to inflict massive debts to the people (even though the French are still paying Russia). However, Republicanism is on the rise in the North East/East, causing a liberal faction to rise in the government. However, Conservatives/Bonapartists are still far more popular then the radicals, atleast for now.
Description of economy: Recovering at a astonishing rate, however if a war comes between another Coalition, France may not be able to recover at the rate she is going now.
Goals: Fix the Economy, save France from the Rebels, set up bases in Africa, preferably North Africa, set up a colony in Indochina, make France great again!
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS): Read the History in the OOC
RP sample: I am OP!
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Thu May 25, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed May 24, 2017 3:01 pm

News!

None yet, map is made posting it today! [5/24]

Added Archive. [5/27]

Updated Alternate History Events in order to include how the Ottoman Army became Westernized. [5/29]

IC is up [5/31]

Updated rules [6/01]

Co-OP(s): The New Greek Republic

The Co-Master of all NPC's!: Khasinkonia, Aidannadia

Available Nations:
Kingdom of Bavaria
German Confederation
French Catholic Royalists
French Italian Pro-Sardinia Rebels
Austrian Empire
Anglo-Dutch Commonwealth
Catalonian Rebels [May decide if you wish to rejoin Spain/become independent. May also decide (if independent) if they want to be a kingdom of Republic]
Scotland [May decide whether or not they are a Kingdom or a Republic]
Ethiopian Empire
Sultanate of Oman
Sultanate of Sokoto
Empire of Songhai
Kingdom of Sweden
Kingdom of Denmark-Norway
Russian Empire
Serbian Rebels (Also called Mountain Boys, division sized rebels. Mostly insurgents. Support the Serbian Royal family)
Egypt (as it was in real life, not independent)
Sikh Empire
Marathan Empire
Empire of Japan
Gran Colombia (Bolivar established himself as king with a strong, liberal like constitution)
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Alright everything updated, including available nations list and the map! Hope this doesn't die heh.

Secundus Imperium Romanum
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Secundus Imperium Romanum » Wed May 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Can you reserve me Catholic France?
Secundus Imperium Romanum
A democratic nation, with the 1950s fashion.
Constitution · Parliamentary Debates · News · Embassy Program
Every day in Rome

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Reserve Great Qing.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Wed May 24, 2017 3:53 pm

I might join, but I might not have a lot of time to make an app until this weekend. It's the last week of school, though, so I should be pretty free from then on.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed May 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Coalition to Restore the Monarchy
Informal name: The Monarchists, The Bourbonists
Population: 2.000.000
Territory: Them light blue bits in France
Capital city: Nantes

Government form: Absolutists Kingdom, military dictatorship
Head of State: Louis Stanislas Xavier XVIII of France (in exile in Vienna)
Head of Government: Louis-Auguste-Victor, Count de Ghaisnes de Bourmont (de facto), Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand (de iure)
Description of how government works: The government is basically still a military operation. The County of Bourmont leads the military expedition, generally employing his micro-nation to the benefit of his revolution. Wherever his soldiers come, they re-instate the Catholic church, tear down protestant churches, and destroy the vestiges of the central Bonapartist government. The government is basically the ancient regime in a microcosm: the land is governed by officer of noble stock, who administer the land as if it were their property, in collaboration with the church. Taxes are paid directly to the coffins of the army.
Prevalent government ideologies: Monarchism, conservatism (socially, politically and religiously)
Description of Foreign Policy: Mostly friendly towards other catholic monarchies and the church, with a particular disdain for republics like England. Ireland, despite being a republic, is a potential ally in the struggle to come. The hope of the insurrection lies with Austria, Bavaria, Italy and Spain helping out.

Military Size: 75.000
Description of Military: The military is a mix of veterans of two types: veterans of the Napoleonic wars and veterans of the Vendée Uprisings. These veterans are mixed up with conscripts from all over the ‘liberated’ territories, and mostly consists of poor boys who need the money or devout Catholics who would see the Bourbon monarchy restored. The army is led by ancient regime officers who either served under Napoleon, or who came back from exile to serve in the rebellion. Among their ranks are Irishmen, Spaniards, Germans, Italians and Austrians, all of whom looking to help restore the monarchy. A notable name among the officers is Macdonald, who served as marshal under Napoleon. However, due to his long-time loyalty to Napoleon, he is only kept as a chief-of-staff for Bourmont, who was more outspoken in his anti-Bonapartist attitude, making him more trusted by king Louis.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: The strength of the military lies in a good number of experienced officers and a core of veteran troops. However, the army is plagued by the quality of the conscripts, many of whom could not be properly trained before the start of the rebellion. They are loyal, yes, but moral does not make a soldier. Also, the leadership of the rebellion is plagued by the orders of king Louis, who tries to order his troops around from his cushy palace in Vienna. Bourmont does not dare defy the orders of his monarch, making the overall leadership ineffective at best and dangerous to the success of the operation at worst. Also, the lack of direct international support could prove fatal, especially since both the central government and the dreaded republican armies have more men at their disposal.

Land claims: All of France and her empire
Description of popular ideology: The people are vastly divided. The most outspoken people are Catholics and monarchists, wearing the monarchist bands and braids with pride. However, there are also a lot of republicans in the territories, and both loyalists to Bonaparte and the Republic are abound. They are hunted, however, and would not dare speak openly about their affiliation with either the central government or the rebel Jacobins. Most people, however, support Catholicism as a religion, with most people not too keen on seeing the old powers of the ancient regime returned to the church.
Description of economy: War-driven and agricultural. The main drive for the rebellion is to win the revolt. Economic reform comes later. Brittany is mostly agricultural, and with Le Havre not yet secured, they have no large port for international trade yet. Getting Le Havre is one of the main objectives in the early stages, as is securing the Atlantic coast. Then, trade can start creating revenue.
Goals: Restore the ancient regime under the Bourbon monarchy.
RP sample: You know me, right?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu May 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Formal Nation Name: The Coalition to Restore the Monarchy
Informal name: The Monarchists, The Bourbonists
Population: 2.000.000
Territory: Them light blue bits in France
Capital city: Nantes

Government form: Absolutists Kingdom, military dictatorship
Head of State: Louis Stanislas Xavier XVIII of France (in exile in Vienna)
Head of Government: Louis-Auguste-Victor, Count de Ghaisnes de Bourmont (de facto), Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand (de iure)
Description of how government works: The government is basically still a military operation. The County of Bourmont leads the military expedition, generally employing his micro-nation to the benefit of his revolution. Wherever his soldiers come, they re-instate the Catholic church, tear down protestant churches, and destroy the vestiges of the central Bonapartist government. The government is basically the ancient regime in a microcosm: the land is governed by officer of noble stock, who administer the land as if it were their property, in collaboration with the church. Taxes are paid directly to the coffins of the army.
Prevalent government ideologies: Monarchism, conservatism (socially, politically and religiously)
Description of Foreign Policy: Mostly friendly towards other catholic monarchies and the church, with a particular disdain for republics like England. Ireland, despite being a republic, is a potential ally in the struggle to come. The hope of the insurrection lies with Austria, Bavaria, Italy and Spain helping out.

Military Size: 75.000
Description of Military: The military is a mix of veterans of two types: veterans of the Napoleonic wars and veterans of the Vendée Uprisings. These veterans are mixed up with conscripts from all over the ‘liberated’ territories, and mostly consists of poor boys who need the money or devout Catholics who would see the Bourbon monarchy restored. The army is led by ancient regime officers who either served under Napoleon, or who came back from exile to serve in the rebellion. Among their ranks are Irishmen, Spaniards, Germans, Italians and Austrians, all of whom looking to help restore the monarchy. A notable name among the officers is Macdonald, who served as marshal under Napoleon. However, due to his long-time loyalty to Napoleon, he is only kept as a chief-of-staff for Bourmont, who was more outspoken in his anti-Bonapartist attitude, making him more trusted by king Louis.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: The strength of the military lies in a good number of experienced officers and a core of veteran troops. However, the army is plagued by the quality of the conscripts, many of whom could not be properly trained before the start of the rebellion. They are loyal, yes, but moral does not make a soldier. Also, the leadership of the rebellion is plagued by the orders of king Louis, who tries to order his troops around from his cushy palace in Vienna. Bourmont does not dare defy the orders of his monarch, making the overall leadership ineffective at best and dangerous to the success of the operation at worst. Also, the lack of direct international support could prove fatal, especially since both the central government and the dreaded republican armies have more men at their disposal.

Land claims: All of France and her empire
Description of popular ideology: The people are vastly divided. The most outspoken people are Catholics and monarchists, wearing the monarchist bands and braids with pride. However, there are also a lot of republicans in the territories, and both loyalists to Bonaparte and the Republic are abound. They are hunted, however, and would not dare speak openly about their affiliation with either the central government or the rebel Jacobins. Most people, however, support Catholicism as a religion, with most people not too keen on seeing the old powers of the ancient regime returned to the church.
Description of economy: War-driven and agricultural. The main drive for the rebellion is to win the revolt. Economic reform comes later. Brittany is mostly agricultural, and with Le Havre not yet secured, they have no large port for international trade yet. Getting Le Havre is one of the main objectives in the early stages, as is securing the Atlantic coast. Then, trade can start creating revenue.
Goals: Restore the ancient regime under the Bourbon monarchy.
RP sample: You know me, right?

Some one has already reserved the Catholics, I was just late to respond. I am sorry.

Everything is reserved for one day, so please have your applications in tomorrow or renew your reservation!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu May 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Snip

Some one has already reserved the Catholics, I was just late to respond. I am sorry.

Everything is reserved for one day, so please have your applications in tomorrow or renew your reservation!

Yeah, the guy just reserved it as I finished my app. Which is quite sad. However, if said person does not have a viable app before tomorrow, could mine still be valid?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Going to update the roster, we need most European powers filled before the IC can be made.

South Vict
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Tag.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Formal Nation Name: Great Qing(大清)(ᡩᠠᡳᠴᡳᠩ ᡤᡠᡵ)
Informal name: Qing
Population: 380,287,000
Territory: That yellow blob in East Asia
Capital city: Beijing

Head of State: Regent 姒金(Sì Jīn)
Head of Government: Princess 愛新覺羅秀蘭(Àixīn-Juéluó Xiùlán); will be known as the 智的今(Zhìdejīn) Empress
Description of how government works: The Chinese government, as an absolute monarchy, needs little explanation, aside from its special policies of a seemingly contradictory modernization effort and cultural traditionalist movement
Prevalent government ideologies: Monarchism, Nationalism, Protectionism, and Traditionalism
Description of Foreign Policy: Chiefly isolationist, but experiments with colonization are scheduled

Military Size: 902,870 on duty; 2,000,000 in reserve
Description of Military: The Chinese army and navy are both expansive, but outdated and in the process of being updated
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: Much of the military, while large in number and highly trained in older military exercises, is not yet adept at utilising modern technology and tactics, but this looks to change in coming years as employed European generals educate Chinese commanders in modern warfare.

Land claims: The remainder of Korea, Northern Vietnam, the Philippines, and the Ryukyu islands
Description of popular ideology: The Chinese still very much believe their leader to be a god, thus, every era, their ideology changes to whatever the emperor/empress' whims dictate
Description of economy: The Chinese economy exports much more than it imports, and, with current modernization efforts, the amount of exports only looks to grow, and the amount of imports looks to decrease
Goals: Modernisation, maintaining traditional social order, beating Japan, and eventually removing Europeans from Asia entirely
RP sample: I'm pretty sure I've been in RPs with you before
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Some one has already reserved the Catholics, I was just late to respond. I am sorry.

Yeah, the guy just reserved it as I finished my app. Which is quite sad. However, if said person does not have a viable app before tomorrow, could mine still be valid?

Yea I have no issue with it, just that right now your main support will be in Brittany and Normandy as the East is Republican/turning Republican and the South is fiercely Bonapartist.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu May 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Formal Nation Name: Great Qing(大清)(ᡩᠠᡳᠴᡳᠩ ᡤᡠᡵ)

Head of Government: Princess 愛新覺羅秀蘭(Àixīn-Juéluó Xiùlán); will be known as the 智的今(Zhìdejīn) Empress
Description of how government works: The Chinese government, as an absolute monarchy, needs little explanation, aside from its special policies of a seemingly contradictory modernization effort and cultural traditionalist movement
Prevalent government ideologies: Monarchism, Nationalism, Protectionism, and Traditionalism
Description of Foreign Policy: Chiefly isolationist, but experiments with colonization are scheduled

Military Size: 3,802,870
Description of Military: The Chinese army and navy are both expansive, but outdated and in the process of being updated
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: Much of the military, while large in number and highly trained in older military exercises, is not yet adept at utilising modern technology and tactics, but this looks to change in coming years as employed European generals educate Chinese commanders in modern warfare.

Land claims: The remainder of Korea, Northern Vietnam, the Philippines, and the Ryukyu islands
Description of popular ideology: The Chinese still very much believe their leader to be a god, thus, every era, their ideology changes to whatever the emperor/empress' whims dictate
Description of economy: The Chinese economy exports much more than it imports, and, with current modernization efforts, the amount of exports only looks to grow, and the amount of imports looks to decrease
Goals: Modernisation, maintaining traditional social order, beating Japan, and eventually removing Europeans from Asia entirely

As I understand that China has a large manpower, to have near four million men is rather extravagant. You can keep it but I assure you the Japanese, who have a uniformed and well disciplined army, will be able to repel your waves of peasants. Also, I hope you intend to have this army spread out rather than just focusing it on Korea and the Northern Japanese Islands, you still have a vast Empire to manage, especially in the west with the Russian supported Turkic raiders on your settlements.

South Vict
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Thu May 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Formal Nation Name: Dai Viet
Informal name: Vietnam
Population (including colonies separately): 1 million
Territory (map preferably): Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.
Capital city: Saigon

Head of State:
Head of Government:
Description of how government works: Unlike China, as an Absolute Monarchy, needs explanation, aside from its special policies to a mondernized country.
Prevalent government ideologies: Monarchism, Traditionalism, and Protectionlism.
Description of Foreign Policy: Chiefly isolated and but experiments with colonzation.
Military Size: 1,768,000
Description of Military: Similar to that of China they have the most expensive army and navy.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military:
Land claims: Northern Vietnam and parts of Thailand
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) :
Description of economy:
Goals:
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS): https://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyen%20Dynasty
RP sample: New to this RP.
Last edited by South Vict on Thu May 25, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Formal Nation Name: Great Qing(大清)(ᡩᠠᡳᠴᡳᠩ ᡤᡠᡵ)

Military Size: 3,802,870

As I understand that China has a large manpower, to have near four million men is rather extravagant. You can keep it but I assure you the Japanese, who have a uniformed and well disciplined army, will be able to repel your waves of peasants. Also, I hope you intend to have this army spread out rather than just focusing it on Korea and the Northern Japanese Islands, you still have a vast Empire to manage, especially in the west with the Russian supported Turkic raiders on your settlements.

Opps, almost forgot to separate it into reserve and regular. I'm trying to have a similar army to the west, but while I was writing the app I forgot to separate the troops. Lemme just fix that...

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu May 25, 2017 1:13 pm

South Vict wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote: Applications

Formal Nation Name: Dai Viet
Informal name: Vietnam
Population (including colonies separately): 92,700,000
Territory (map preferably): Vietnam
Capital city: Saigon

Head of State:
Head of Government:
Description of how government works:
Prevalent government ideologies:
Description of Foreign Policy:

Military Size: Don't know much of Vietnam's military.
Description of Military:
Key strengths and weaknesses of military:

Land claims: Vietnam
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) :
Description of economy:
Goals:
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS):
RP sample: New to this RP.[/code]

I do not wish to sound rude but you do know it makes it clearer to read if you put your responses outside the bold? Also this is not modern Vietnam so I will inform you that you are the Nguyen Dynasty of Vietnam with a rather healthy border including Laos and Cambodia. Your population should be 5-8 Million at the most. Your military's quality will be like that of Chinas, due to both her influence and your lack of technology. Also, I will be attempting to colonize you as I have missionaries in your lands. Not any time soon, however.

South Vict
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Thu May 25, 2017 1:16 pm

South Vict wrote:

I do not wish to sound rude but you do know it makes it clearer to read if you put your responses outside the bold? Also this is not modern Vietnam so I will inform you that you are the Nguyen Dynasty of Vietnam with a rather healthy border including Laos and Cambodia. Your population should be 5-8 Million at the most. Your military's quality will be like that of Chinas, due to both her influence and your lack of technology. Also, I will be attempting to colonize you as I have missionaries in your lands. Not any time soon, however.

No, Vietnam will reminded free!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm

South Vict wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I do not wish to sound rude but you do know it makes it clearer to read if you put your responses outside the bold? Also this is not modern Vietnam so I will inform you that you are the Nguyen Dynasty of Vietnam with a rather healthy border including Laos and Cambodia. Your population should be 5-8 Million at the most. Your military's quality will be like that of Chinas, due to both her influence and your lack of technology. Also, I will be attempting to colonize you as I have missionaries in your lands. Not any time soon, however.

No, Vietnam will reminded free!

No, you just won't be french. :twisted:

South Vict
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
South Vict wrote:No, Vietnam will reminded free!

No, you just won't be french. :twisted:

True.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu May 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Kingdom of Poland
Informal name: Poland
Population (including colonies separately): I asses it at around eight million people based on the population of 4,300,000 in the Duchy of Warsaw in 1809 and a population of 2,600,000 in Galicia in 1773 and an extra million thrown in for population growth since 1809/1773.
Territory (map preferably): This and this.
Capital city: Warsaw

Government form: Constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Frederick Augustus I of Saxony
Head of Government: Count Stanisław Kostka Potocki, Prime Minister of Poland
Description of how government works: A liberal monarchy per the Napoleonic model the governance of the Kingdom of Poland is split between the executive branch, represented by the monarchy and a strong bicameral sejm. On the French model the kingdom is divided into departments, per Polish model in turn divided into Powiats. There are fourteen departments, six formed from the former Prussian Poland acquired by the Treaties of Tilsit, four acquired from Austrian New Galicia and after the War of the Fifth Coalition and another four acquired from Austrian "Old Galicia". Each department consists of ten powiats for one hundred forty in total.
Prevalent government ideologies: Liberal nationalism is the prevailing ideology in the Kingdom of Poland.
Description of Foreign Policy:

Military Size: 200,000
Description of Military: Surrounded by powerful enemies the Polish army is a large force and has been since the Napoleonic Wars when Poland almost bankrupted itself fielding 120,000 men from a population of just a little over four million. The relative number has stayed the same but as the population has grown the burden on the new state has diminished. With the death of Emperor Napoleon Poland has however called up reserves for fear of war reaching a peak of 200,000 men under arms.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: During the Napoleonic Wars the French regarded the Polish units as being of a generally high quality and highly motivated. Based on the former veterans from the Polish legions and peasant recruits the army has been the setting of a cultural struggle between the democratic French traditions and the traditional Polish aristocratic ideas.

Land claims: Included in the map.
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) : Excited about their new state.
Description of economy: Despite the failure of the Prussians to pay the debt owed to Poland, the crippling burden of excessive military expenditure and the drop in grain prices the Polish economy is entering a period of relative recovery. Rather than to be brought down by the challenges facing it a new generation of Polish economists and bureaucrats are determined to make opportunities of obstacles. Though agricultural modernization and protectionist programs Poland has staved of disaster in the 10s and is now on the cusps of an industrial boom driven by a statist economic policy.
Goals: Survive and thrive.
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS): Same as RL till sometime during the Napoleonic Wars. The Duchy of Warsaw survives the Napoleonic Wars, annexes the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria and is reformed as the Kingdom of Poland.
RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=336275&p=24536510
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Thu May 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Reserve the Hungarian rebels

Postmaster of the Fleet

Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu May 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Kingdom of Prussia
Informal name: Prussia
Population: 12.000.000
Territory: Them purple bits in Germany
Capital city: Berlin

Government form: Constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Frederick Wilhelm III Hohenzollern
Head of Government: Karl August von Hardenberg
Description of how government works: Are you familiar with the old maxim ‘in Prussia, the military controls a state’? Well, if that weren’t true before, it certainly is now. The state reforms of 1815-1817 were primarily driven from the top down by the Prussian military. While not legally giving much power to the military, they ensured that their people would have the most sway in government. However, even the military must from time to time admit that Prussia has a constitution now. It even has three branches of government, and although corruption is rampant, these branches are at least nominally independent from one another. The executive branch is headed by the king, who still holds strong authoritative power over his minsters. However, the king is counselled by generals and marshals, and his actions are often guided by them. The legislature is unicameral and vested in the Royal Parliament, who are elected by property-owning men, soldiers, and the widows of fallen soldiers. The judiciary is headed by the Supreme Royal Court, whose independence is most questioned by liberals. The judges are appointed by the king himself, and he can remove them, too.
Prevalent government ideologies: A weird mix of social conservatism mixed with early hints of nationalism, state-building and classical liberal ideology. The idea that the law is supreme does well among Germans, so that liberal part is accounted for. However, the current vote is generally very conservative, and the power of the king is unmolested.
Description of Foreign Policy: Violent. Prussia is basically at odds with a great many nations in Europe. They try to be nice to the other German states, but depending on the legislature they drift between fatherly, benign guardianship and general authoritarian attitudes towards the other German states. They especially hold ill will towards Bavaria and Austria, who thwart Prussian hegemony across German-speaking lands. However, Prussia is also in a holy alliance with Russia and Austria formed after their defeat at the hands of Napoleon, and they are probably the only allies Prussia can work with. France is seen as the arch-enemy, with Bonaparte still regarded as the enemy of all peoples of Europe. Bonaparte himself is the subject of much revanchist hatred, because the Prussians have never quite been able to avenge the humiliating defeats of Jena and La Belle Alliance. The Prussian state won’t rest until the name ‘Bonaparte’ is stripped from every history book, and they would see Paris burn for his mistakes. Britain they see as a traitor state, falling to republicanism at the height of their need. Sweden mingles in German affairs, and should be kicked from German shores. Italy is Catholic, but generally agreeable, and future conflicts with Austria might steer Prussia towards an alliance with the Italian kingdom (although they see it as a Bonapartist creation). Poland they see as an upstart state, and Prussia would rather like to wipe it from the face of the map like they did in the time of Frederick the Great.

Military Size: 156.000 (according to Wikipedia) standing army, 163.000 landwehr (at any given time)
Description of Military: The army certainly is a mixed bag. Modern reforms blatantly copied the French system of mobile divisions, led by middle-class officers who all studied at the military academy. However, the army has not been fully modernised yet, and many regiments are still led by their old feudal masters, although feudalism has been abolished for at least a decade now. The worst parts of the serf-based army have been cleared out, but there is still a long way to go until the Prussian army has regained its former glory, let alone the strength required by a modern army. The Prussian army has learned from her mistakes, and is now looking to strengthen itself for the future. The old world slowly fizzles out to make way for the world of Clausewitz and Gneisenau.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: The military is looking to reform, and already so top-notch veteran officers have been appointed to lead this modernisation. However, the army is still plagued by its former weakness, the bad management of Blücher and the feudal ties from the past. Another Jena would not be possible, but another Waterloo certainly would.

Land claims: Saxony, Northern Poland, Mecklenburg, Hannover.
Description of popular ideology: The Prussian people, while distrustful of France, have embraced the liberal ideals their soldiers brought with them. The separation of church and state, the three-branch-government, and a strong nationalised army are all on the wish-list of a great many Prussians. The most important thing on their mind, however, is Germany hegemony, and if not that, German unification. Still, there has not been a choice yet between the Small German Solution (led by Prussia) or the Large German Solution (which includes Switzerland and Austria as well). Time will tell what will happen.
Description of economy: Mostly agrarian.
Goals: German Unification, the death of Bonaparte (in all his forms), the destruction of Poland, the expulsion of the Swedes and the Danes from Germany.
History of your nation: In some ways, the defeat of Blücher and his death at the Battle of La Belle Alliance (what the French mockingly call Mont-Saint-Jean) was the best thing to happen to the German military. While that defeat (and the following defeats) were humiliating, it left Prussia with a large army to rebuild, and without the chief conservative voice of Blücher to stop the reforms. Large numbers of gentlemen officers had perished, and there was a need for more officers of lower social standing. Without Blücher, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst and their associate Clausewitz had free reign to do whatever they wanted. This triumvirate, still active to this day (albeit outside the official government structure). Together, they set about forging a new Prussia from the ashes of the old one. A new national military would be established, with officers chosen on merit (an idea of Scharnhorst) rather than birth, drawn from the middle class (which was necessary because of a lack of young noblemen). These middle class men had to be educated, so the triumvirate pushed for nationalised education. The government began large infrastructure projects to revitalise the economy, and united the many German cities with roads, making the movement of troops and their recruitment easier. Also, the government promoted industrialisation of the weapons industry, which carried over into various other industries on its own. Finally, to make sure their work would not be undone by conservatives, the triumvirate convinced the king to make good on his promise to create a constitution. This constitution has now been in effect for two years, and the results are already showing. The triumvirate still has a lot of influence, but their roll has diminished. No matter, the reforms have generally taken on a life of their own, although they are far from finished.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse