NATION

PASSWORD

The Region of Venustus (View to Join or for General News)

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Magna
Secretary

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Region of Venustus (View to Join or for General News)

Postby Magna » Sat May 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Fellow members of NationStates:

A few days ago, I posted on these forums seeking help on how to put together a region. Taking everything I learned into consideration, and putting it to good use, I have created a new region: Venustus!

Now, you may be asking yourself: there are tons of regions, so why should I choose yours?

Well, that's a great question! And there are plenty of reasons why to choose Venustus!

Just a few reasons...
* There is a really interesting regional government (take a look at the Documents of Establishment here!)
* YOU have the opportunity to lead the region (or play politics in the House of Rulers!)
* Want to RP? Gather some friends, and that can certainly be arranged...
* Whether you run a totalitarian dictatorship OR a direct democracy, all are welcome!

As Venustus continues to grow, the list of things that are great about it will, too!

So, join me, and help me in the creation of a new, bustling region of fun for everyone!

Thanks!

(P.S. Wanna peruse the Venustus Governmental Forums? Check those out here! You can also check out the Discord here!)
(P.P.S. If you have any questions, or need more reasons, send me a telegram, or ask right on here! Someone else might have the same question!)
Last edited by Magna on Wed May 24, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Sun May 14, 2017 1:46 pm

UPDATE!

We are currently at THREE nations (which is pretty quick growth)! This means that, after one more nation joins, the first election can be held for the OTHER legislative House: the Administrative Delegate Assembly! Could YOU be the first member of this House?

JOIN UP!

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 am

So, why can't you put the Documents of Establishment into a dispatch?
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Leppikania wrote:So, why can't you put the Documents of Establishment into a dispatch?

I didn't even think about that! Thanks for the tip!

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm

The Dispatch with the Documents of Establishment can now be read here!

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 3:17 pm

The first Amendment to the Documents of Establishment has hit the House of Rulers "Bill Box"! However, it can't be brought to the floor without a Speaker; could that be you? Join in NOW! YOU could be the deciding vote!

Our region needs to continue to grow. Currently, all of our elected positions are open, or are being held by self-appointed Interim-Officials. This includes the Presidency, Vice Presidency, Speakership of the House of Rulers, membership to the Administrative Delegate Assembly, Chancellorship of the Administrative Delegate Assembly, and Cabinet appointments!

If you want to gain political influence in this region, NOW IS THE TIME!

Do you want to establish your own political party with it's own ideals, or would you rather serve totally independent of any party? THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

JOIN VENUSTUS NOW!

Melqart
Attaché

Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:22 pm

So much propaganda. So many "Join nows" and "Will you be the first to join?"....

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Melqart wrote:So much propaganda. So many "Join nows" and "Will you be the first to join?"....

Well, I'm attempting to be appealing, but apparently it seems too much like an infomercial XD

Any idea on what I can change?
Last edited by Magna on Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue May 23, 2017 3:33 pm

How do you pronounce "Venustus"?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Tinhampton wrote:How do you pronounce "Venustus"?

I think Vuhn-Uh-Stus

Make a discord.
Last edited by Melqart on Tue May 23, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please Understand
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Please Understand » Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Melqart wrote:So much propaganda. So many "Join nows" and "Will you be the first to join?"....

Idunno what to do, but this all looks great!

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 3:38 pm

The official Latin way is "Ven-ooo-stoos" (look here for an actual pronunciation XD). It's Latin for pleasing, charming, friendly, etc. However, Melqart's way of saying it is much easier.

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Please Understand wrote:

Idunno what to do, but this all looks great!

Is that what you say about every region?
Last edited by Melqart on Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Melqart wrote:

I think Vuhn-Uh-Stus

Make a discord.

That's probably the easiest way of saying it! As for the Discord, it's right here!
Last edited by Magna on Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Magna wrote:
Melqart wrote:I think Vuhn-Uh-Stus

Make a discord.

That's probably the easiest way of saying it! As for the Discord, it's right here!

Good.

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Magna wrote:
Melqart wrote:I think Vuhn-Uh-Stus

Make a discord.

Was proboards easy? I'm thinking of using it...
Last edited by Melqart on Tue May 23, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Melqart wrote:
Magna wrote:

Was proboards easy? I'm thinking of using it...

After figuring out how to set up the sections and subsections, and learning how to create different member groups and assign them, it was a breeze

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Magna wrote:
Melqart wrote:Was proboards easy? I'm thinking of using it...

After figuring out how to set up the sections and subsections, and learning how to create different member groups and assign them, it was a breeze

Good.

Now guys... Stop talking about this region... Redirect to the one here! It's a great idea and has a GREAT founder!!!! ;)

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Melqart wrote:
Magna wrote:

Good.

Now guys... Stop talking about this region... Redirect to the one here! It's a great idea and has a GREAT founder!!!! ;)

*INSERT ROLLING EYES HERE* :lol2:

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Magna wrote:
Melqart wrote:Good.

*INSERT ROLLING EYES HERE* :lol2:

I was serious.... :(

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Melqart wrote:
Magna wrote:*INSERT ROLLING EYES HERE* :lol2:

I was serious.... :(

You may well be a great Founder, but you're DEFINITELY not the only one trying to grow a Region :p

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Magna wrote:
Melqart wrote:I was serious.... :(

You may well be a great Founder, but you're DEFINITELY not the only one trying to grow a Region :p

JOIN MY REGION NOW!!! IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST!!!!! WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME, BECAUSE I CREATED THIS REGION, THEY GO LIKE THIS:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let's redirect to something on-topic.
Last edited by Melqart on Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Melqart wrote:
Magna wrote:You may well be a great Founder, but you're DEFINITELY not the only one trying to grow a Region :p

JOIN MY REGION NOW!!! IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST!!!!! WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME, BECAUSE I CREATED THIS REGION, THEY GO LIKE THIS:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

By something on-topic, I'll assume you mean something on this topic in the forum, like how great MY region will be! :lol2:

Melqart
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Melqart » Tue May 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Magna wrote:
Melqart wrote:JOIN MY REGION NOW!!! IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST!!!!! WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME, BECAUSE I CREATED THIS REGION, THEY GO LIKE THIS:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

By something on-topic, I'll assume you mean something on this topic in the forum, like how great MY region will be! :lol2:

No... What will be your policy on embassies?

Magna
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna » Tue May 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Melqart wrote:
Magna wrote:By something on-topic, I'll assume you mean something on this topic in the forum, like how great MY region will be! :lol2:

No... What will be your policy on embassies?

I'm thinking of submitting an Amendment to the legislature that requires the legislative Houses to approve of embassies prior to construction. As of right now, the President can do what he or she wishes (though we don't have one of them yet, either).

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay