NATION

PASSWORD

Name issues

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Federation of Hauslasa
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Name issues

Postby Federation of Hauslasa » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:04 am

Hello, as the name of my country is "Federation of Hauslasa" and not Hauslasa, i want to know that theres any way to change its name for just "Hauslasa". When i entered this game, i dont know that the form of government is shown separately from the nation name... if someone can help me, i will be grateful. ;)

Rahul Raghuraman
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rahul Raghuraman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 am

Unfortunately, you can't change your nation name itself - only the pretitle.
DO NOT READ - OUTDATED AND TO BE UPDATED
So... I'm supposed to be promoting Dauiland here...

Anyway, come check us out! If you're not a raider, we're happy to have an Embassy with you (if we don't approve within the day, which is usual, within the week is a 110% guarantee).

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:13 am

You'll have to create another nation with the name Hauslasa. I don't think there's any other way.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

NationHelper
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:14 am

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:You'll have to create another nation with the name Hauslasa. I don't think there's any other way.

Actually, I've seen mods change names, but it happens very rarely...... I think a saw it happen with 10000 islands.
Last edited by NationHelper on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 am

NationHelper wrote:
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:You'll have to create another nation with the name Hauslasa. I don't think there's any other way.

Actually, I've seen mods change names, but it happens very rarely...... I think a saw it happen with 10000 islands.

I'm not sure if it's possible with nation names; something to do with how the game identifies a nation, I think.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 am

NationHelper wrote:

There have only been two cases that I know of when Admin changed nation names. Both were created before the current standard of acceptable names was instituted. They had to be grandfathered in so [v] had to go in to the database and change every instance of their nation ID (which is the nation name - Max did a poor job of writing the site but I don't blame him considering he thought it'd only run for a few months). Even with all that effort, some features were broken temporarily for these two nations and in some cases nations that had them in their dossier.

TL;DR there's no feasible way to change your nation name. You're going to have to create a new one and start all over.
See You Space Cowboy...

NationHelper
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Drasnia wrote:
NationHelper wrote:Actually, I've seen mods change names, but it happens very rarely...... I think a saw it happen with 10000 islands.

There have only been two cases that I know of when Admin changed nation names. Both were created before the current standard of acceptable names was instituted. They had to be grandfathered in so [v] had to go in to the database and change every instance of their nation ID (which is the nation name - Max did a poor job of writing the site but I don't blame him considering he thought it'd only run for a few months). Even with all that effort, some features were broken temporarily for these two nations and in some cases nations that had them in their dossier.

TL;DR there's no feasible way to change your nation name. You're going to have to create a new one and start all over.

He's only been around for about aa month. I accidentally named a nation Of Tommy, so it was like this: The Dominion of Of Tommy, but I dealt with it and didn't ask for an intervention.....

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 pm

This is a thing that new players run into occasionally. We aren't going to change your name, but you can make a new nation with the correct name.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:06 pm

NationHelper wrote:Actually, I've seen mods change names

No you haven't. That tool isn't in our toolbox. It's admin only, and deep into the code level of the game.

Drasnia wrote: [v] had to go in to the database and change every instance of their nation ID

If the original game were created in a database, name changes wouldn't be all that difficult. But it's not in a database, though I'm not able (or willing) to go into more detail. Suffice to say, "we can't do it".

Drasnia wrote:There have only been two cases that I know of when Admin changed nation names.

I'm only aware of two cases. They were a huge pain in the ass.

Kilae
Civilian

Founded: May 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kilae » Sat May 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Does We can put our nation form of government box blank?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat May 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Kilae wrote:Does We can put our nation form of government box blank?

If you're asking "Can leave the 'Classification:' field blank", I believe you must provide a minimum of one character. A dash or period would suffice.

If you're asking whether the government type that appears under your nation name can be blank, the answer is "no". That's not a player customized field. The game will fill in your calculated value.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical