NATION

PASSWORD

Black Fire Security (AH/OOC/Reboot) Open for Apps

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Horgrif
Spokesperson

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Black Fire Security (AH/OOC/Reboot) Open for Apps

Postby Horgrif » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

The year is 1968, The Vietnam Conflict is in full swing. Backed by the United States of America and various NATO forces, the Republic of Vietnam (AKA South Vietnam) has made an impressive effort of pushing the Soviet/Chinese backed Democratic Republic of Vietnam (AKA North Vietnam) into a corner. While the North has been pushed back to just miles from the Thanh Hóa Bridge, the so called "Dragon's Jaw" remains an extremely resilient supply line providing the front-line (and guerilla forces beyond in the South) with a seemingly endless supply of weapons, ammunition and supplies.

Nearby, minor skirmishes continue to occur between North and South Korea, particularly the north whom continue to smuggle saboteurs and spies into the south to sabotage military and civilian infrastructure. A notable portion of these saboteurs are known to defect, operating as double-agents in exchange for promises that their families in the north will be smuggled out of the country. While nothing can be directly tied to North Korea sending covert operatives into South Korea without risking their own double-agents or a potential continuation of open hostilities, South Korea has done little to retaliate against these covert actions beyond the rare propaganda drives and care packages through 3rd parties (primarily American and sympathetic Non-Profit Organizations). While such deliveries originally had minimal direct impact, pockets of the North Korean population are starting to have their eyes opened to their situation, the so called "Liberation Front" has begun doing it's best to quietly distribute this information in an attempt to subvert the North Korean government with minimal success. Most are caught and executed, their families sent to labor camps.

Meanwhile the "Cold War" rages on in the rest of the world. The Arms race continues to build and the so called "Bay of Pigs" has only made the entire situation worse. Many are in the full belief that the world is only months away from a nuclear war. In steps "Black Fire Security", a private military founded out of locations unknown. This private army comprised of former soldiers, law enforcement; former intelligence operatives and the rare civilian have started making an appearance on the world's radar. Operating independently of any government or laws, Black Fire draws income from several 'off the record' businesses alongside any operations it's teams conduct.

As Black Fire continues to grow in reputation in the criminal and political worlds alike, it is only a matter of time before their service will come into more direct actions across the globe. Black Fire has seen notable expansion in recent months with several minor successes among it's clientele and agents have been combing the world for potential operators.

Hello and welcome, after some time away, I'm going to attempt to reboot this idea. So what the hell is going on here you may ask? Its quite simple really, Black Fire Security, founded by unknown interests, operates as a mercenary military in a fashion similar to Black Water, with influences from other fictional PMC organizations in gaming. Players will be taking on the role of different operators working within one of Black Fire Security's task forces to take on jobs with minimal scruples. Whether this may be abducting an American scientist sympathetic to the Soviet cause, Vice Versa, pulling security for less-than-legal businessmen or conducting "False Flag" operations (attempting to foster hostilities between nations, organizations or even individuals). Black Fire also, of course, operates in a military fashion, willing to hire themselves out to governments as mercenaries to take part in combat operations in war-zones.

Players will start out with bare-bones minimal weapons/equipment available to them, as Black Fire originally only exists as a paramilitary organization based out of remote locations across the globe where government monitoring is minimal, if the RP were to go on, access to better weapons, vehicles and equipment would become available, offering a chance to improve not only Black Fire's reputation, but the capabilities of it's operators. Players will be working alongside NPCs (controlled by myself and Co-Ops) to fill in the gaps that might be required for a job. Their lives are in your hands, whether they become permanent members of the roster are up to your actions.

1) Black Fire Security is viewed as a rag-tag militia. Expect low-paying jobs and menial work to start.
2)???
3)???
4)???
5)???
More information will become available as the RP goes along.

1) Operatives and staff have access to WW2 and Korean war Surplus arms. Bolt-action and Battle rifles as well as Sub-machine guns and Carbines are available as primary weapons.
2)???
3)???
4)???
5)???

1) Operatives have access to incredibly crude night-vision equipment and flak-jackets (designed to stop shrapnel and little else) where available
2)???
3)???
4)???
5)???

1) Operatives have access to a handful of WW2 surplus military vehicles, Jeeps and lightly armored vehicles, expect minimal to 0 aircraft (For travel or recon purposes).
2)???
3)???
4)???
5)???
Last edited by Horgrif on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Points of Interest

These are the current locations and details regarding operations (see: plothooks) players may be taking part in.

One of Black Fire's major operating areas, there have been numerous reports of civil unrest throughout the continent.

Brazil an up-and-coming decentralized human trafficking ring has been gradually increasing in size, shipping Eastern European and South American illegal immigrants into the United States through California;Texas and Florida. Rumors suggest a new high-value shipment coming in may lead to it's smugglers hiring outside help.

Columbia La Familia (The Family) are another up-and-comer in the criminal underworld. Primarily dealing in drug-trafficking (particularly Cocaine and Marijuana) into the United States and the occasional bout of gun-running into Mexico and China (Where said fire-arms are growing favored by the Triads in recent years). The Family has a reputation for discretion and fair pay to those whom earn it. It should be noted however, they also have a reputation of treating failure with...less than lenient measures.

Land of the Free, Home of the brave......and well-paying clients. Black Fire Security's senior staff have a vested interest in contracts within the United States for reasons unknown.

Chicago Home to some of the biggest remaining names in the American Mafia, Chicago is still rife with potential interests for Black Fire. Most contracts in particular regard protecting members of these "Less than legal" criminal networks as they go about their business or eliminating competition, with as much of a ruckus as possible. Relatively high profile work, but has the potential to get our foot in the door for later business.

Missouri A major gun-running ring known as "The Brothers Three" have directly contacted Black Fire Security, expressing an interest in a shipment of firearms being delivered to a National Guard armory. In exchange for proving our potential to these individuals, they have agreed to (potentially) turn over the arms to our firm in exchange for future favors. Equally high (if not more) profile than the Chicago contracts, but with the potential for a mild improvement to our arsenal, one can't argue.

Europe, otherwise known as "The Old Country". There have been an absolutely astonishing number of job offers coming in from Europe

Germany (East) A collection of civilians have approached Black Fire through 3rd parties seeking Asylum in the free world, your job will be to help these people by whatever means to secure new identities and cross the Berlin wall into Western Germany or other parts of Europe outside Soviet influence. Nothing to suggest VIPs are among those seeking asylum, but it could help get our name out there as a legitimate enterprise.

Italy Employees within the Automotive company of Ferrari are seeking our skills to undermine a competing up-and-coming business. Their competitors are unveiling a new model of vehicle within the next few months. We're to infiltrate their R&D facilities, acquire any information that may be worth-while to our client and sabotage the vehicles in question. Discretion is absolutely mandatory, anything that could tie us back to our client and we lose the paycheck.

France Less-than-legal clients have contacted us regarding a potential Russian organization moving in on businesses to start extortion and prostitution rackets in Paris, infringing on our client's own businesses. Your mission would be to undermine if not destroy these new competitors, a bonus is available for any information that may tie this new player in France to potential soviet KGB sleeper agents.

More points of interest to come.

Application

Code: Select all
Delete all text in Parentheses
Name: (Your character's name)
Codename/Nickname: (This is generally what your character will be referred to as during ops, an earned nickname is the most common, if you don't pick one, we'll figure it out before your first op. IC)
Country/State of origin: (Black Fire recruits from across the globe)
Age: (timeline may skip as far as 15-20 years ahead, so advise against much older than 30)
Appearance: (Text is okay, Pics are welcome, please 'spoiler' them however)
Distinguishing features: (Notable scars/birth marks or tattoos, things that would make you stick out to others, OPTIONAL, encouraged for those w/ text descriptions however)
Background: (Military/Law enforcement/technical experience? anything that would make you valuable to Black Fire?)
Personality: (What is their general mentality? How well will they act under pressure?)
Personal Effects: (Necklaces, watches, things that hold sentimental value)
Weapons: (As of this moment, WW2 and older weapons only, 1 civilian-purchased sidearm allowed, up to 2 compact (knives primarily) close-quarters weapons allowed)
Equipment: (Tactical gear relevant to your job, same guidelines as weapons, nothing you couldn't expect to find on the black market or someone w/ the know-how could concoct)
Short Bio: (Don't need a life story, mostly just life events that lead you to be recruited by Black Fire, a short paragraph or 2 will suffice, if you're going to ask for advanced gear, elaborate on where you're acquiring it here)
RP Example(s): (If you don't have any threads you'd like to present, 2-3 paragraphs showing your writing skill will suffice)

The following are optional
Height:
Weight:
Theme Song:
Code 187 (for application tracking, don't delete)

Rules:
1 ) Don't god-mod
1 ) If I or another player call someone out, they're allowed to justify their actions, if we find their points valid, problem solved.
3 ) I'm not putting few limits on what is or is not allowed in IC, that said, any raunchy/kinky stuff to yourselves (fade to black) and keep it within NS's rules.
4 ) Put "Lucky Charmz" in the Personal Effects category of any application so I know you've read these rules
6 ) There is no rule 2
7 ) I reserve the right to adjust these rules as I feel necessary. I will announce when such adjustments are required, players are given 24 hours to determine whether a new rule is unfair or not before implementation.
8 ) There is no rule 5 either
9 ) I don't mind one line posts when there isn't much to do (For example, players are in transit, discussing a situation or there is little to be said at the moment), but try to keep the posts 1-2 paragraphs otherwise.
10 ) If you can think of a way to improve this RP, whether taking part in it or otherwise, PM me (if you'd like to keep the idea a secret) or post in this thread. I enjoy seeing other players invested enough to help flesh the world out.
11) If you have a problem w/ someone's behavior IC or OOC, discuss it IN THIS THREAD OR VIA TG. If both parties affected by this issue still cannot find a middle ground, TG me and I'll do my best to make a fair ruling.
Last edited by Horgrif on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Code: Select all
Co-Op Application
Delete parentheses
Nation name:
Interests: (in regards to the RP in question, so I know what you're comfortable making judgement calls on)
Frequency: (How often are you on Nationstates?)
RP Example/History: (So I can get a feel for what your writing styles/behaviors)
Any history running RPs/Co-op?: Y/N

Index:
Ch 1: In the Bay
Ch 2: Glass Jaw
Ch 3: The Beginning and the End
Ch 4: Some like it Hot
Ch 5: The Eagle's fall

Regarding Finales

Borrowing this idea from Mizaria

Each chapter of this RP (as listed above this) will highlight a very specific high-profile event or target in actual history. The titles themselves are a clue if you're curious and wanna dig around and see if you can figure them out

An example of this for instance is Chapter 2, which will conclude with players being contracted to destroy a noteworthy bridge. The destruction of this major supply route may have wide-spread repercussions on how the Vietnam conflict plays out.

The current system (Me 'n Mizaria are working on it) we have would give players time in OOC to (akin to a D&D session) take time to recon, where I and Mizaria provide information OOC, or gather supplies. Once all players agree they are ready to start preparing for this 'final operation', I start a countdown of XX hours IRL time, During that time you may make any requests for information you'd reasonably able to gather IC as well as acquiring weapons and equipment that may help overcome any challenges you find. Do note however that none of the information provided during these finales is ABSOLUTELY guaranteed 100% legit. Patrol routes change, holes in fences get mended, new checkpoints may be established...

TL;DR You decide on an overall plan/plot and otherwise prepare for the final mission together OOC and IC before it begins, these will essentially be akin to a 'boss fight' in an RPG.
Last edited by Horgrif on Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 am

Definitely tagging this.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:41 pm

I dub this thread open for applications.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Delete all text in Parentheses
Name: Nine De Vries
Country/State of origin: East Frisia, Germany
Appearance:

Distinguishing features: Has a tattoo of cat's eyes on her back, and a small scar on her cheek
Background: Excelled in the ranks of her law enforcement company back home in East Frisia, Germany. She has deadeye aim with a pistol. Well...more modern pistols, at least. She doesn't have high stamina, but she can take a licking and keep on ticking.
Personality: Nine is sort of a no nonsense type of girl, you know? Her few years on the force had lead her to be a very serious officer, and an even more serious soldier. She is a rather paranoid person, and it takes a long time for her to trust anyone. She's had the habit of carrying her pistol on her at all times, and she doesn't open up to people at all, usually. She's also rather fidgety and usually gets by with the help of fidget tools. She twitches when given too much stimulants and tea or anything calming doesn't nothing to calm her down.
Personal Effects: Has a small bracelet with a small bird with it's wings spread out on it, and a watch that's decorated with hearts. Lucky Charmz
Weapons: Colt Police Positive revolver, imported from Canada, and a Carcano rifle that she had gotten when she first joined Black Fire. Owns a V-42 Stiletto knife.
Equipment: Some Molotov cocktails and a few land mines that she bought off the black market.
Short Bio: She excelled in the ranks of the Frisian police force, wanting to be a police officer since she was a little girl. She couldn't explain how she was able to rise the ranks so quickly, and at such a young age, too, but she wasn't going to complain in the slightest. She truly shined on the field, and police raids were practically her element. She was skilled at ambushes and was able to get hostages out with usually good outcomes and little casualties. The moment she really shined was when she took two bullets to the back, but still tried to get hostages out of the building. This left her in the hospital for a couple weeks, but her determination got the interest of Black Fire Security. She didn't think about being in a mercenary group, but it couldn't be that different from police work, right?
RP Example(s): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370777&p=27975028#p27975028

Height: 5'4
Weight: 143 pounds
Theme Song:
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Delete all text in Parentheses
Name: Nine De Vries
Country/State of origin: East Frisia, Germany
Appearance:
Distinguishing features: Has a tattoo of cat's eyes on her back, and a small scar on her cheek
Background: Excelled in the ranks of her law enforcement company back home in East Frisia, Germany. She has deadeye aim with a pistol. Well...more modern pistols, at least. She doesn't have high stamina, but she can take a licking and keep on ticking.
Personality: Nine is sort of a no nonsense type of girl, you know? Her few years on the force had lead her to be a very serious officer, and an even more serious soldier. She is a rather paranoid person, and it takes a long time for her to trust anyone. She's had the habit of carrying her pistol on her at all times, and she doesn't open up to people at all, usually. She's also rather fidgety and usually gets by with the help of fidget tools. She twitches when given too much stimulants and tea or anything calming doesn't nothing to calm her down.
Personal Effects: Has a small bracelet with a small bird with it's wings spread out on it, and a watch that's decorated with hearts. Lucky Charmz
Weapons: Colt Police Positive revolver, imported from Canada, and a Carcano rifle that she had gotten when she first joined Black Fire. Owns a V-42 Stiletto knife.
Equipment: Some Molotov cocktails and a few land mines that she bought off the black market.
Short Bio: She excelled in the ranks of the Frisian police force, wanting to be a police officer since she was a little girl. She couldn't explain how she was able to rise the ranks so quickly, and at such a young age, too, but she wasn't going to complain in the slightest. She truly shined on the field, and police raids were practically her element. She was skilled at ambushes and was able to get hostages out with usually good outcomes and little casualties. The moment she really shined was when she took two bullets to the back, but still tried to get hostages out of the building. This left her in the hospital for a couple weeks, but her determination got the interest of Black Fire Security. She didn't think about being in a mercenary group, but it couldn't be that different from police work, right?
RP Example(s): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370777&p=27975028#p27975028

Height: 5'4
Weight: 143 pounds
Theme Song:

bit of an odd writing style but

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Hmm? What do you mean? What's odd about it?
Just call me Sahara

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 am

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Hmm? What do you mean? What's odd about it?

Can't quite put my finger on it, that said, its probably just from only reading 3-4 other people's writing all these years. Either way, you're accepted, added to roster.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 am

Gonna be working on tweaking this a bit more later today.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Name: Michael Schmidt

Codename/Nickname: Bogeyman (AKA der schwarze Mann)

Country/State of origin: West Germany (English/German parents)

Appearance: Blonde haired (dyed black); hazel eyed, otherwise viewed as an 'optimal example of the Aryan race'

Distinguishing features: Ritually scars each kill into his flesh w/ a tally mark, thusfar holds 68 marks across his torso and legs, Totenkopf (Skull and crossbones, indicative of SS membership) tattooed broadly across chest.

Background: Extensive military career w/ German armed forces (WW2), Covert operations training (fluent in long-range marksmanship and other wetwork), Tri-lingual (Speaks German; English and Russian fluently)

Personality: An emotional chameleon, to a point that even Michael has difficulties pinning a true identity to himself. He takes each role quite seriously

Personal Effects: Lucky Charmz (what they are he refuses to say)

Weapons: STG 44 (Extensively customized on his own funding), C-96 Mauser (also extensively customized), Push-knife

Equipment: Cargo clothing (extra pockets stitched into his shirt and pants), Several smoke grenades, breaching charges (per-assembled).

Short Bio: Born Heinrich Schmidt, Michael was a fanatical supporter of the Nationalist Socialist Worker's Party (AKA The Nazi party) Upon it's official declaration. Serving admirably throughout WW2 for the German Nazi regime, Heinrich realized as the war dragged on that for all his hard work to revitalize Germany (and to bring honor his family name as was his reason for serving the party) that Germany would fall in time, how soon was not his right to say. Whilst on a operation to plant explosives within the English Parliament in an effort to buy precious time for German research, Heinrich went rogue and moved to South America. It was here that Heinrich expected to live out his final years in relative peace before being tracked down and contacted by Black fire.

Whilst still paranoid of the organization's purposes, Heinrich (now Michael, by all rights an American living in Brazil) has come to cooperate with the Mercenary force in the hopes he may fix past dishonors to his family name by fleeing in an hour of need. He now serves as 1st Platoon's effective commander.

RP Example(s): I'm OP, I think I can exempt myself of this, ask if you would like me to provide examples.

Likes: Beer 'n Brauts (particularly the former), Napping/Lazing the day away. Improvisation (Admires this in teammates)
Dislikes: Disobedience, Disrespect, incompetence, the French.
Height:
Weight:
Theme Song:

It should be noted that this character is primarily an NPC, they are meant to introduce the RP and as such likely won't survive long, do not use this loadout/these choices as a baseline

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Wed May 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Bump

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Horgrif, did you get permission to use this idea?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Sat May 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Horgrif, did you get permission to use this idea?

Sorry I hadn't been online, Actually i'm the one that originally crafted the RP, Mizaria actually got MY go-ahead to use it.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Tue May 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Bump

Lutvikkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lutvikkia » Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 pm

tagging for more info

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Miz here, hosted one of the earlier attempts at this RP, close friend of Horgrif's and he is correct, I did in fact get his sanction to host the last take on this. We'll be cooperating to run this one, can't hurt to have more though. Also forwarding him all my notes so we'll be working on the same page, he'll be updating the OP shortly w/ said info I imagine. In the meantime, a revival of one of my previous characters

Name: Arthur Strong

Codename/Nickname: Face

Country/State of origin: USA; Illinois

Appearance:

Distinguishing features: Always wearing some form of concealing headwear, rumors suggest extreme disfigurements; "Smile for" on right wrist "The Birdy" on left wrist. Numerous gunshot wound scars

Background: Extensive criminal background, connections to numerous east-coast American criminal networks. Proficient with home-made explosives and numerous firearms.

Personality: "Off the clock", a fun-loving prankster, notorious party animal. Whilst in the field, straight-laced as they come.

Personal Effects: "NYC" stitched wallet, necklace holding bullet slugs that have been retrieved from his body. A few other lucky charmz

Weapons: M1 Garand, Colt M1911, Trench knife
Equipment: Home-made explosives (Predominantly anti-personnel, a breaching charge or two), Binoculars, map 'n compass,

Short Bio: Formerly an associate with the Chicago mafia, Arthur has a reputation back home for getting the job done, whatever the case may be. While this entailed extortion (keeping witnesses and business owners silent regarding it's affairs), "Face" as he is often known due to his constant tendency to conceal his appearance was most notorious for the excessive force with which he would eliminate threats to the organization, whether it be detectives investigating it's businesses or rival organizations looking to take over it's operations. Most commonly achieved by the use of assassination via Pipe-bomb explosives and long range rifle-fire.

Was approached by Black Fire following an undercover bust which wrapped up numerous high-ranking officials within the Mafia. Risking detection and/or arrest for numerous counts of homicide and racketeering, Arthur felt it was time to take a 'vacation' to see other parts of the world. No longer tied to the criminal underworld in Chicago, Mr. Strong was (in his own eyes, ironically) elected to lead 3rd platoon's first squad. While in his own words not leadership material, Arthur's minimal time in service with Black Fire has seen a respectable string of successful missions, leading him to take command of it's newest recruits. In short he has always had a singular motto "Work hard, party harder"

RP Example(s): OP has given me the green light to ignore this, will provide if others prefer

Likes: Alcohol in most forms, Explosions (fireworks especially), gambling
Dislikes: Disrespect for superiors, country music, pessimists
Height: 5'9
Weight: 195 lbs (88 kg)
Theme Song: For what it's worth
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Wed May 24, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Tue May 23, 2017 3:57 pm

The Mizarian Empire wrote:Miz here, hosted one of the earlier attempts at this RP, close friend of Horgrif's and he is correct, I did in fact get his sanction to host the last take on this. We'll be cooperating to run this one, can't hurt to have more though. Also forwarding him all my notes so we'll be working on the same page, he'll be updating the OP shortly w/ said info I imagine. In the meantime, a revival of one of my previous characters

Name: Arthur Strong

Looks legit to me, Approved.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Tue May 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Lutvikkia wrote:tagging for more info

Considering I fleshed this out a bit more than Horgrif (and since hes tasked me with it), I'll be handling more in-depth info. What would you like to know?
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed May 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Here we go. Edited.

Name: Nathan Dent

Codename:

Country/State of origin: Georgia, USA

Appearance: Lightly tanned skin, shaggy black hair that refuses to do anything but curl, hazel eyes

Distinguishing features: A gunshot scar on the right side of his neck, United We Stand tattoo on the back of his neck

Background: Civilian demolitions work, military sapper

Personality: Nathan generally tries to keep a calm about himself even when being shot at, though he may be screaming inside, pressure does him good though, making him focus on his work instead of the danger

Personal Effects: A ring that has been in his family since the civil war, a old and slightly torn wallet his father made for him, so many lucky charmz, so many

Weapons: M-1911, combat knife

Equipment: Trench Shovel, wire cutters, bolt cutters, various other small tools

Bio: Nathan worked previously for both the military and several well know de demolitions companies, leading to his fascination with engineering of any type, especially military. He was approached by Black Fire after being hospitalized with a severe gunshot wound to the throat, having been out of work and unable to pay his medical bills he was forced to accept. After a few years with the Pmc, working as a fortification consultant and a breaching engineer he feels finally that his skills are being apreciated.

RP Example(s):
He felt unimaginable pain and floated in and out of consciousness, finally waking up in a crisp hospital gown and a pile of blankets that seemed stifling. Hospital, I'm in a hospital, but why...?, feeling around his body and moving his various limbs he attempted a shrug, choking at the pain it caused him, gently feeling a hand around his neck he hissed as the fingers of his hand brushed across a tender lump of flesh under bandages. At that moment a nurse walked in to check on him and discovering he was awake called for someone on the outside of the room, and a concerned looking doctor walked briskly into the room followed by what could only be a police officer of some kind.
Muttering more to himself the doctor tisked and began gently adjusting the bandages at Nathan's neck, causing said patient to since slightly as the policeman pulled a chair up to the base of his bed, "Mr Dent, you were shot by your former employer three days ago, shortly after he committed suicide, the shot narrowly missed your trachea and the artery near it, you are lucky to be alive.", Pausing the detective looked at the doctor who finished changing the bandages, which Nathan noted were a deep shade of burgundy, and walked out with a glance of annoyance in the direction of the officer, and pity at his patient the seated man continued. "We were investigating however we have reason to believe this was in relation with his outstanding debts, in which he named you as a secondary debtor to pay in the event he was unable, your house has been seized as payment and you have 24 hours to remove your belongings."
Having been unable to pay his taxes once his former boss had generously paid them for him, it didn't seen like much at the time but now he understood why the man had been so insistent, but he couldn't have turned it down, he numbly heard the detective say that the investigational likely be closed but he didn't hear the man leave it notice the new one arrive. The new man wore a fine suit and smiled warmly and outlined a job offer which Nathan only half listened to, after the offer had been made and a contract offered to him he thought the same thing he had when his boss had offered to pay hisntaxes, What the hell other choice do I have?

Dislikes: pity offers, taxes, dogs
Height: 6'2
Weight: 196lb
Theme Song:

Code 187
Last edited by Kerzacistan on Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Wed May 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Kerzacistan wrote:Here we go. Edited.

Name: Nathan Dent

Codename:

Country/State of origin: Georgia, USA

Appearance: Lightly tanned skin, shaggy black hair that refuses to do anything but curl, hazel eyes

Distinguishing features: A gunshot scar on the right side of his neck, United We Stand tattoo on the back of his neck

Background: Civilian demolitions work, military sapper

Personality: Nathan generally tries to keep a calm about himself even when being shot at, though he may be screaming inside, pressure does him good though, making him focus on his work instead of the danger

Personal Effects: A ring that has been in his family since the civil war, a old and slightly torn wallet his father made for him, so many lucky charmz, so many

Weapons: M-1911, combat knife

Equipment: Trench Shovel, wire cutters, bolt cutters, various other small tools

Bio: Nathan worked previously for both the military and several well know de demolitions companies, leading to his fascination with engineering of any type, especially military. He was approached by Black Fire after being hospitalized with a severe gunshot wound to the throat, having been out of work and unable to pay his medical bills he was forced to accept. After a few years with the Pmc, working as a fortification consultant and a breaching engineer he feels finally that his skills are being apreciated.

RP Example(s):
He felt unimaginable pain and floated in and out of consciousness, finally waking up in a crisp hospital gown and a pile of blankets that seemed stifling. Hospital, I'm in a hospital, but why...?, feeling around his body and moving his various limbs he attempted a shrug, choking at the pain it caused him, gently feeling a hand around his neck he hissed as the fingers of his hand brushed across a tender lump of flesh under bandages. At that moment a nurse walked in to check on him and discovering he was awake called for someone on the outside of the room, and a concerned looking doctor walked briskly into the room followed by what could only be a police officer of some kind.
Muttering more to himself the doctor tisked and began gently adjusting the bandages at Nathan's neck, causing said patient to since slightly as the policeman pulled a chair up to the base of his bed, "Mr Dent, you were shot by your former employer three days ago, shortly after he committed suicide, the shot narrowly missed your trachea and the artery near it, you are lucky to be alive.", Pausing the detective looked at the doctor who finished changing the bandages, which Nathan noted were a deep shade of burgundy, and walked out with a glance of annoyance in the direction of the officer, and pity at his patient the seated man continued. "We were investigating however we have reason to believe this was in relation with his outstanding debts, in which he named you as a secondary debtor to pay in the event he was unable, your house has been seized as payment and you have 24 hours to remove your belongings."
Having been unable to pay his taxes once his former boss had generously paid them for him, it didn't seen like much at the time but now he understood why the man had been so insistent, but he couldn't have turned it down, he numbly heard the detective say that the investigational likely be closed but he didn't hear the man leave it notice the new one arrive. The new man wore a fine suit and smiled warmly and outlined a job offer which Nathan only half listened to, after the offer had been made and a contract offered to him he thought the same thing he had when his boss had offered to pay hisntaxes, What the hell other choice do I have?

Dislikes: pity offers, taxes, dogs
Height: 6'2
Weight: 196lb
Theme Song:

Code 187

I'mma give this my greenlight, Approved
Currently Hosting:

Horgrif
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Horgrif » Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 pm

The Mizarian Empire wrote:I'mma give this my greenlight, Approved

Added to the roster

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Fri May 26, 2017 12:52 pm

So what's the word with this? Is it still gonna happen or...?
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse