NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming in "Change the Israeli Flag" thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Tzion and Jerusalem
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

[R] Flaming in "Change the Israeli Flag" thread

Postby Tzion and Jerusalem » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Shrilland wrote:Replace it with the Rhodesian flag, South African flag, or Confederate flag. Also, admit that the Holocaust did not happen

Not an expert but this looked actionable.
Proud member of New Mesopotamia Greater East
Not a Jew - just to clear things up.
Christian Male (White and Straight to add) - Oh what horror.
This nation does not necessarily reflect my true opinions.

Shrilland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shrilland » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Tzion and Jerusalem wrote:
Shrilland wrote:Replace it with the Rhodesian flag, South African flag, or Confederate flag. Also, admit that the Holocaust did not happen

Not an expert but this looked actionable.

Mods look down on this, but

How exactly is this flaming? One could say it is baiting but I have been to concentration camps and have pretty concrete evidence backing me and I sincerely believe the Holocaust did not happen. The mods will yell at me for replying, yes, but it is not flaming and you have not explained at all how it is a violation of rules. They like a bit of context

Tzion and Jerusalem
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tzion and Jerusalem » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Shrilland wrote:
Tzion and Jerusalem wrote:Not an expert but this looked actionable.

Mods look down on this, but

How exactly is this flaming? One could say it is baiting but I have been to concentration camps and have pretty concrete evidence backing me and I sincerely believe the Holocaust did not happen. The mods will yell at me for replying, yes, but it is not flaming and you have not explained at all how it is a violation of rules. They like a bit of context

I believe it to be flaming, not due to the holocaust denial, for that's just your opinion, nothing I can do about that, but for the random references to the Rhodesian flag, the SA flag and the CSA flag.
It seems you just wanted to start an arguement over controversial flags rather than stick to the topic.
If I have misinterpreted your comment, I apologise, if not, then I maintain my belief that it is flaming/baiting (the difference eludes me).

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:46 pm

One day ban for a particularly mean-spirited troll/flamebait that was completely unwarranted.

EDIT: Just for clarity's sake, Shrilland is more than welcome to post in this thread to defend himself, and his defence was read and noted before I had the chance to review the thread.

I appreciate that the beliefs are held sincerely yet, as I pointed out in the post on the thread, Shrilland has to appreciate that those beliefs are controversial. I mean, I can't think of any belief being more controversial than 'I don't believe the holocaust happened'. If you must argue the holocaust, on these forums or anywhere, maybe don't do it by demanding an Israeli deny it happened, and don't do it while other people are trying to talk about something completely different.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tzion and Jerusalem
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Tzion and Jerusalem » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Audioslavia wrote:One day ban for a particularly out-of-the-blue troll/flamebait.

Thank you for all the work you do in keeping this website civil, I for one am a proud pro-mod.
#thankthemods

Return to Moderation