NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Slippery Mouth, Slippery Streets...

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT]Slippery Mouth, Slippery Streets...

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:42 am

[HEADLINE]: Slippery Mouth, Slippery Streets...

[DESCRIPTION]: After a candidate from Retaenam minority group for the representative of @@ANIMAL@@ province, @@RANDOMNAME@@, also member of your opposition, accidentaly said an immoral statement about @@FAITH@@ in @@NATION@@, radical @@FAITH@@ communities is using this as a justification to conduct a protest of this action by flooding the @@CAPITAL@@ with "our enormous stockpile of holy water". An activist carrying the detail of the demonstration has came to your desk to ask permission - and suspiciously taking picture of everything in the building.

[VALIDITY]: Any nation without elections, and/or with very high secularism rate cannot get this issue.

[CHOICE 1]
[TEXT]"Let the Heavenly armed- I mean, peaceful sons protest for justice!" said @@FAITH@@ far-right activist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Few regular unrest ever led to government respond, which is why we will try this 'revolutionary breakthrough'." @@HE@@ showed a map of the plan - with a very suspicious red mark on your office's location - and continue. "We shout for regulations about speech limitation and this infidel candidate's arrest! we will flood the main road, which actually might prevent the polic- I mean, disturbers that may thwart our plan for our coup d'eta- excuse me, for this democratic demonstration. Just sign here, and everything will be fine. Maybe not for some, but whatever."

[FALLOUT] free speech is limited by the parliarment whose half of its seats occupied by demonstrators.

[STATS] Obviously ideological radicality, religiousness and religion spirituality increase. Environtmental beauty and eco-friendliness increase, because of the 'flood watering the plants'. Foreign Support increase (read again). While Social conservatism, law enforcement, charmlessness, political freedom (very few; demostration is a political freedom), ignorance, and youth rebeliousness increase, civil rights and inclusiveness fell. All industies decrease a bit because of the flood obstructing distribution ways. Niceness, public transport, culture, and pacifism also drops.

[CHOICE 2]
[TEXT]"Okay, maybe not to that extent," said a moderate priest @@RANDOMNAME@@, also an environtmentalist. "However we cannot let this savage immoral tribeman leading a province, so I support this activist's idea, but @@CAPITAL@@ is clearly not a proper place. Instead, the mountain roads is a viable solution! With all of that water, think about those dry forests on the mountain side. Many will grow and benefit us! There are 2 resource mine and 3 @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ facility nearby, but if my calculation is correct, those 6 places shouldn't be affected. I can't be wrong, can I?"

[FALLOUT]unsuspecting miners were suddenly swept into the abyss by unusual water flow.

[STATS]Environtmental Beauty and Eco-friendliness is the main focus, and will rise. Woodchipping industry will also increase. Niceness, compassion, and Pacifism will also go up. This choice is largely similar as choice 1, but softer and more moderate. However, industries, mainly the respective nation's major industry (except mentioned industries above) will be hit hard because of the calcualtion problem thingy. If the nation's major industry is woodchipping, the respective industry's increase as mentioned will be ignored. Lifespan will decrease (some people died) and more people die from accidents. Intelligence and public education will also be negatively impacted becuse of that calculation thing.

[CHOICE 3]
[TEXT]"@@LEADER@@!" yell your minister of infrastructure @@RANDOMNAME@@. " You must stop this rambling of this 'something holy flood' thingy now! Today, my staffs marked a lot of suspicious activity at water pipes infrastructures across the country."@@HE@@ pointed to the @@FAITH@@ activist. "Wait a minute, you! You're who behind all of this! Don't listen to this racist human right abuser! Jail them and their friends!" @@HE@@ whispered, "You know what? That's also one way to clamp this radical oppositions, two bird one stone!. We can cut those unnecessary education subsidy plan to ensure this plan's conduction. Remove free speech obstacles!"

[FALLOUT]Police forces raided unsuspecting moral discussions 'for defense of human right'.

[STATS]Secularism, authoritarianism, Government size, law and order, charmlessness, and defense forces increase. Industry will also rise a little bit, with secured infrastructures. However, political freedom, niceness, inclusiveness, safety, pacifism, and compassion will significantly drops down. Public education and inteligence will of course decrease.

[CHOICE 4]
[TEXT]"Do you see the clear evidence?" shouted a radical atheist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "This uncivilized religious communities should be outlawed! Clearly, they want to actually violently overthrow you instead of demostration. Just sign this documents to allow us to purge- I mean, reduce religious membership to create better nation. We will throw this @@DEMONYMNOUN@@'s disgrace to the mines and factories. You will soon see slavery's retur- uhh... peaceful transition to modernization and stacks of head- sorry, stacks of @@CURRENCY@@ from more industry. Profit!"

[FALLOUT]many religious people ended up in coal mines owned by radical atheists.

[STATS] Secularism and economy is the main focus, which will rise significantly. Average income of the rich, Defense forces, law and order, weaponization, culture, and intelegence will go up a bit. While civil rights is increased, compassion and inclusiveness does not. Environtmental bauty and eco-friendliness will decrease, alongside the average income of the poor, Health, ideological radicality, and lifespan. Religiousness and Social Conservatism will drop down a lot.

[CHOICE 5]
[TEXT]"Down with opreshion!" shouts someone with a strange chlotes, if not small napkins covering sensitive places, infront of your office. "Hey @@LEADER@@! We retaenam minoritiesh ish been ignored too long! This ish perfect opportunity to the adding regulslated minority represhentation to the parliarment. Me mean, shome of me's men do hash some umm... 'Queshtionable behaviour', but more democrashy, the better, right? We is can requesht our cultural necesshity shuch ash new teachersh, campfire wood, handcuffsh, gasholine, and matchshtick without fear of discrimination."

[FALLOUT]Request for humanitarian volunteers by indigenous tribes is debated as participates rarely come back.

[STATS]Inclusiveness, Niceness, Civil rights, Political Rights, cheerfulness, compassion, culture, environtmental beauty, eco-friendliness, lifespan, nudity (emphasised), primitiveness, public education (more culture learning) and other kind of that stuff increased. While charmlesness, authoritarianism, ideological radicality, ignorance, rudeness fell down, economy, religiousness, defense forces, law and order, social conservatism, and many industries (a pagan minority isn't really a bussiness supporter) also follows down. Despite increased public education, intelligence will slightly decrease, with more uneducated minority filling the class (they will get better overtime, but that is not the bussiness of this issue)

Slippery Mouth, Slippery Streets..

The Issue
After a candidate for the representative of @@ANIMAL@@ city from a minority group, @@RANDOMNAME@@, also member of your opposition, accidentaly said an immoral statement about @@FAITH@@ in @@NATION@@, radical @@FAITH@@ communities is using this as a justification to conduct a protest of this action by flooding the @@CAPITAL@@ with "our enormous stockpile of holy water" and has sent a suspicipus envoy to your desk to ask permission.

The Debate
  1. Far-right @@FAITH@@ activist @@RANDOMNAME@@ stares on you on the office." "Few regular unrest actually led to government respond, which is why we will try this 'revolutionary breakthrough'," @@HE@@ said while showing the plan's map - with a suspicious red mark on your office's location - and continue. "Enough majority discrimination! We shout for speech limitation and this infidel candidate's arrest as we flood the roads and stage coup d'eta- excuse me, for this demonstration. Just sign here, and everything will be fine."

v
    [FALLOUT] free speech is limited by the demonstrators-half-occupied parliarment.

[STATS] Ideological radicality, religiousness, religion spirituality, Environtmental beauty and eco-friendliness ,foreign support, Social conservatism, law enforcement, charmlessness, political freedom , ignorance, youth rebeliousness increase. Civil rights, inclusiveness, All industries, niceness, public transport, culture, pacifism decrease.
    ^
  2. "Okay, maybe not to that extent," said a moderate priest @@RANDOMNAME@@. "However we cannot let this immoral tribeman leading a city, I support this activist's idea but @@CAPITAL@@ is clearly not the proper place. Instead, the mountains is a viable solution! With all of that water, we can even water the dry forest on the mountain sides. There are 2 resource mine and 3 @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ facility nearby, but if my calculation is correct, those 6 places shouldn't be affected. Right?"

v
    [FALLOUT]unsuspecting miners were swept into the abyss by unusual water flow "from democratic protest action".

[STATS]Environtmental Beauty, Eco-friendliness, Niceness, compassion, Pacifism increase. Industries (mainly major), Lifespan, Intelligence, public education decrease.
    ^
  3. "@@LEADER@@!" yell your minister of infrastructure @@RANDOMNAME@@. " You must stop this nonsense. My staffs has marked a lot of suspicious activity at water pipes infrastructures across the country."@@HE@@ pointed to the @@FAITH@@ activist. "And him! Jail this racist minority abuser and their comrades!" @@HE@@ whispered, "Actually, you know what? That's also one way to clamp this radical oppositions, two bird one stone! We need to cut those unnecessary education subsidies to ensure this important plan's conduction."

v
    [FALLOUT]Police forces raided unsuspecting moralistic discussions 'to secure human rights'.

[STATS]Secularism, authoritarianism, Government size, law and order, charmlessness, defense forces, industries increase. Political freedom, niceness, inclusiveness, safety, pacifism, compassion, Public education, inteligence decrease.
    ^
  4. A man with very minimal chlotes and a nice wig - apparently with head skin included - entered from your office window. "Dishkriminashion! Oppreshion! We've shuffered for too long, because no one shpeak for us in the parliarment, and you saw the proof. Please, add regulated minority represhentation to the parliarment. Lessh majority tyranny, the better, right? We is can requesht our uhmm.. cultural support shuch as young teachers - with beautiful blond hair please, rope, and sharp knife with lessh difficulty."

v
    [FALLOUT]Indigenous minority parliarmentary representatives often send humanitarian volunteer to their village which rarely returns.

[STATS]Inclusiveness, Niceness, Civil rights, Political Rights, cheerfulness, compassion, culture, environtmental beauty, eco-friendliness, lifespan, nudity, primitiveness, public education Increase. Charmlesness, authoritarianism, ideological radicality, ignorance, rudeness , economy, religiousness, defense forces, law and order, social conservatism, intelligence decrease
    ^

Now I'm new to this kind of thing, and many critics and suggestions is much appreciated. Is it too long? Is it too complicated? Is it too unorganized?

I haven't reacted very actively to the response, because I'm having an important exam (I chose a very bad time for submussion) and my family suddenly cut off the internet connection. So I'm sorry
Last edited by Wunderstrafanstalt on Mon May 01, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CFR WUNDERSTRAFANSTALT - LAIRAN UNION
"Ad astra et ultra" - "To the stars and beyond"

14.0 | MT | F17 | $LFD | Kurzgesagt | IC Flag | Flag Patron: Bill Gates

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100
Just refer to me as "WS" instead of that long-ass name

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 am

This issue is very, very long. The more options, the shorter those options need to be, and the description is on the long side too. I would at least halve the text of every option, honestly.

Your stats blocks are also really, really long.
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello, and welcome to Got Issues. It's always nice to see a new writter!
Your issue is quite long, and I would avoud mentioning provinces so that it doesn't assume that @@NAME@@ is a federation
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:22 am

Thank you! It will however takes some time

Voiced - Artemsday, 12019-5-7: PT party pledged vote for Kalvar's Green Initiative | PETRAL donated Ł1.1 mil to PT | PT voted against Green Initiative.
Your average lowkey maritime Southeast Asian on NS | C e n t r i s t social liberal | Muslim (secretly atheist, don't tell mom) | RK for President 2024, Musk for Planetary Emperor 2100

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 am

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:Thank you! It will however takes some time

If an assumption is unrelated to the issue itself, then it's best to avoid it. Take your time :)
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:53 am

Why is the Retaenam clan called as such?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon May 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Hello, and welcome to Got Issues. It's always nice to see a new writter!
Your issue is quite long, and I would avoud mentioning provinces so that it doesn't assume that @@NAME@@ is a federation

I've heavily edited the issue, what do you think?

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon May 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why is the Retaenam clan called as such?

If you reversed it, it will become "Maneater=> Man Eater". However I've cut it off for the sake of simplicity

Wunderstrafanstalt
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wunderstrafanstalt » Mon May 01, 2017 8:40 pm

I personally think that the stats is still too long, but I've reduced it to just... You know... Stats.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon May 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Wunderstrafanstalt wrote:I personally think that the stats is still too long, but I've reduced it to just... You know... Stats.

Don't worry about having comprehensive stats. We authors don't know near enough about how they put them in to really do an effective job at trying to put them in. Instead, you can put stuff like "economic categories generally fall" or just throw in a handful that give a general idea of what you want done with the option. It's actually kinda a waste of time putting so much effort in trying to be so comprehensive with your effects.
See You Space Cowboy...

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 am

Drasnia is correct. And while it's very clever how you've made your post appear like an issue, there's no need to do that. Just use the standard drafting syntax, and we'll all find it easier to parse.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 am

Why is the whole description one sentance?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?