NATION

PASSWORD

Question about a possible issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Orgrua
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Question about a possible issue

Postby Orgrua » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Hello all, I am thinking about writing an issue and was wondering which government departments don't have a lot of issues pertaining to them. It may seem like an odd question, but I'm thinking about writing an issue about hiring a new 'Minister of ...' and the options would be of different candidates with their crazy ideas. If it's already done, please let me know. Thanks!
Established: January 31, 2017
National Animal: Elephant
Best Industry: Tourism
Type: Federation
705: The Germ of an Idea
(1.25, -.56)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:05 am

You can find an almost complete list of issue topics which are considered priorities due to a lack of issues In this post in the writer's block

There are more in other posts in that thread with other priority issues, most of which are specific to previous issues. The post I linked is general topics. I wish you the best :)

EDIT: On second checking, it appears that most, if not, all are covered in that post
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 am

Here's the complete list (as far as I know) same thread

viewtopic.php?p=31558092#p31558092
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 am

Orgrua wrote:Hello all, I am thinking about writing an issue and was wondering which government departments don't have a lot of issues pertaining to them. It may seem like an odd question, but I'm thinking about writing an issue about hiring a new 'Minister of ...' and the options would be of different candidates with their crazy ideas. If it's already done, please let me know. Thanks!

I asked a similar question as an author, after coming up with an idea of an issue series "Who should be your next Police Chief?" "Who should be your next Commander of Armed Forces?"

Sedge gave me the good advice to rethink that idea, as it would likely result in a lot of drafts without much character or story. I concur with that view.

I think that type of issue is now well-covered, even if every department isn't, and it's better instead to come up with fun stories and situations that might lead to some similar decision.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Orgrua
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Orgrua » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:53 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Orgrua wrote:Hello all, I am thinking about writing an issue and was wondering which government departments don't have a lot of issues pertaining to them. It may seem like an odd question, but I'm thinking about writing an issue about hiring a new 'Minister of ...' and the options would be of different candidates with their crazy ideas. If it's already done, please let me know. Thanks!

I asked a similar question as an author, after coming up with an idea of an issue series "Who should be your next Police Chief?" "Who should be your next Commander of Armed Forces?"

Sedge gave me the good advice to rethink that idea, as it would likely result in a lot of drafts without much character or story. I concur with that view.

I think that type of issue is now well-covered, even if every department isn't, and it's better instead to come up with fun stories and situations that might lead to some similar decision.

Understood, thanks! I'll try to come up with something.
Established: January 31, 2017
National Animal: Elephant
Best Industry: Tourism
Type: Federation
705: The Germ of an Idea
(1.25, -.56)

Return to Got Issues?