NATION

PASSWORD

Rise of a King (IC/Sign-Up First)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Rise of a King (IC/Sign-Up First)

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 am

OOC Thread

The House of Viscount, the ruling family of the Grand Viscovian Kingdom, and beloved rulers and political leaders of the realm, the Viscounts have watched over the Kingdom for over eight-hundred years. Their rule has survived the religious enlightenment, napoleon, the world wars and even the Cold War. To this day their hold over the Kingdom remains unchanged, and now, as the old holder of the torch has passed on, it is time for the torches to be handed down to a new bearer. This is War this monumental day begins, as Crown Prince Charles Viscount has come of age, and will be given the torch of the house of Viscount, which he shall continue to carrry in until it comes time for him to pass the torch down to someone else. The ceremony of the coronation of the King of the realm shall be held in the Hall of Kings, the grand ball room and theatre of the Royal Palace in Viscovia. The Crown Prince has extended an invitation to the leaders of the world to attend, where they will be given the privilege and opportunity to see a ceremony that happens only once in a lifetime. It will also be an opportunity to mingle and speak to his majesty on matters both personal and diplomatic. We welcome you all to the Rise of a King

City of Viscova
Royal Viscovian Palace
Overlooking the Viscova River

King Charles was readying himself for his big day, making sure the carefully tailored suit, made of the finest silk, was in perfect order. He looked over his shoulder and said "Is everything ready?"
A servant, his personal tailor, said "indeed your majesty, the ball room is to exact specifications, we are ready to begin as soon as you are ready, shall we begin allowing the guests to enter?"
Charles nodded and said "indeed, it would be rude to leave them waiting at the door on a chilly night like tonight"
"I will alert the guards to begin your majesty"
Charles then said "one more thing, make sure the music is just right"
The tailor smiled and said "it will be exactly as you specified your majesty"

The guards at the gate opened the mahogany doors to the Royal Palace, and the commander of the guard stood at the door, ready to greet the arriving guests and instruct them on what to do. The Palace stood high with a wonderful view of the river, which was backdropped by the ancient city.
Last edited by Grand Viscovian Kingdom on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 pm

As much as Imperial Premier Benjamin Butang hated to say it, he was happy to have Queen Diana on maternity leave and the princess heir Sierra busy with the situations in POD. It allowed him to take their places at events like this one. As Imperial Premier; the premier of the Imperial City of Rhode, he was considered to be the third highest ranked person in the country diplomatically. Behind the Queen and her heir, of course. It was a good position, loads of work taking care of provincial issues as well as advising the queen when she did ask for her advisers' help. Benjamin was a third term premier, and preparing to begin campaigning for a fourth and final premiership before his retiring from politics to spend more time on his painting.

It was nice that he was finally able to do some of the things he had always wished to be doing, but was usually reserved for the Rhodeve royals and the high general of the army; if the matter required him.

Standing outside in the cool air of the Grand Viscovian Kingdom, the Imperial Premier was flanked by his three royal guards. As usual, the royal guards tried to keep a low profile wearing ordinary looking suits, but containing a neat array of gadgets and gizmos. And plenty of sharpened blades as was a Rhodeve soldier's specialty. The royal guards were hand-picked soldiers from the Royal Rhodeve Armed Forces whom the queen herself chose to watch over her; should they accept the assignment, and almost all of them do. It includes a pay raise, much better food, and of course you get out of a lot of unfavourable chores that most regular soldiers have to do. And being a friend of the queen is not a bad perk either; as Diana knew every single one by name.

The doors to the palace were slowly opened, filling the air with the sweet sound of music. Benjamin Butang breathed out, looked over to his guards, mumbled something in Rhodevan and then said, "Well, it's show time."
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:52 pm

The thin navy blue and white dress did little to stop the wind from raking its talons across Duchess Rebeka. It didn't help to have a dress that showed the maximum acceptable amount of cleavage. Rebeka wasn't a timid girl. Her body was beautiful, she shouldn't have to hide it. Still, the duchess was particularly displeased that she had decided to go with a dress rather than with a suit. She had opted for a dress because she felt it would be one of the rare times being in a gown would be acceptable, even desired. Yet, she also hated the fact that it wasn't that great for keeping her warm. To at least attempt to stay warm, she had on a light lady's jacket and a fur scarf. She reflected on the fact that no more than a few hours ago she had been walking around topless in the Kuzeran heat and but was now shivering. Rebeka chuckled, remembering the stir she caused supporting a woman's right to go topless in the Empire if she left like it. She knew the empress considered it inappropriate but had let the province leaders decide. Kurzera and so far three others had voted to allow it.

In many ways she was like Empress Ymira. Polite, kind, ready to make a friend if she could. However, her openness with herself, her rashness, the fact that she wore a silver tiara, made it clear she wasn't as modest as Ymira was. Rebeka had been nicknamed "the Bold" in Kurzera for her somewhat energy-draining, but polite personality.

Rebeka smiled when she was almost within the palace. Walking with her were four imperial guards from her palace. One of them happened to be the ex-tsarists Edwards, the man who had helped force the Bannerless Brotherhood out of the government of a nation Rezua was friendly with. Edwards had abandoned the Tsarist cause when he discovered that they killed civilians indiscriminately. He was also watching out for Rebeka, ready to intervene if her "instability" returned. She had been through a lot during that war and it had warped her in ways that were usually invisible. But still, Edwards made sure he was alert.

When they got to the front door, Rebeka realized that Imperial Premier Butang had come as well. Rebeka smiled as she shook his hand. She said "Mr. Butang, it seems I wasn't the only B Team representative rolled out. No offense, sir, but...both of us never go out much." She paused as the awkwardness passed, trying to think of something to say. Her joke may not have worked either "Did you hear that the media is trying to get a picture of the empress breastfeeding?" She smiled "I don't think she'd appreciate that." With that, she waited for someone from the host nation to approach her.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Benjamin Butang gave a small chuckle at Rebeka Lizbont's obvious attempt at humour. "Is it wrong to say that I am glad that the royals are too busy to attend this function?" He gave a small grin. "I think they have too much fun at these events anyways. It's the B team's turn." When Rebeka continued on with the comment of Ymira, Butang gave a more full bodied laugh. "Yes, well I think I can already hear her scolding the reporter and sending him to bed without supper. She's always been a mother at heart. And, it's not like the news hasn't been filled with Rezuan breasts as of late."

He gave a small, incredibly cheesy wink at the duchess. When Rebeka began to speak, Butang quickly continued, "News does spread quick. Especially when it is everyone's favourite duchess going topless for the incredibly silly protests of topless women in Rezua. I do apologize for calling the group silly, you do support it. It may be time for Rezua to take a less conservative culture when it comes to the human body. Is it not true that most of the famous paintings coming from that area in the 1500s contained the nude portraits of women and men?"

Butang tugged at his bowtie, keeping it straight with his white shirt and black, thin-striped suit coat.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Dawnbringer adjusted her braid, her raven black hair whipping around in the wind. "Does the air feel a little stuffy to you?" She asked her guards.
"It feels like air should be," the taller one said bluntly. Dawn really shouldn't blame him; ruling both Queendom and region, she was used to the thinness of mountain air. All of her citizens were used to it. These, however, were supposedly elite spies, perfect for guarding royalty. Dawnbringer didn't think so. Sure, they could hold a gun, but they were downright awful at conversation skills. It made Dawn wonder what environment they grew up in.
"Let's go on, shall we?" The queen asked, walking away from her ride and towards the beautiful festival. She tripped over her own heels, earning her a laugh from herself. "I knew I should've worn flats," she said. No one laughed. Grumps. She got up, brushing her dress down and wiping off the grass. They really shouldn't blame her; do they seriously expect a twenty three year old that acts like a fifteen year old to perfectly run a queendom? Not to mention a single one with almost no outside contact.
Which is why she had to look her very best for this occasion. She wore a laced mermaid gown that would've made a gorgeous wedding dress if it wasn't black. The overlapping lace flowers at her waist were stunning, although Dawn thought that wearing a dress that required a corset was a little overkill. Her silver teardrop shaped pendant around her neck contrasted the midnight gown and pitch black shoes, bringing out the iridescence in the dress and the violet in her eyes. Simple silver stud earrings to go with it, but nothing that would outshine the new king. Whom she still hadn't met.
She sped up towards the ceremony, thinking over how to introduce herself. Which trait should she use? Her strange animus? Erudite nature? Avid opposition to nudity? She quickly threw that last idea out the window as she saw what a guest was wearing. Wearing something like that would embarrass her about as much as admitting her irrational fear of creepypasta would.
Time to introduce herself. She stepped beside a man and woman talking, politely avoiding interrupting. She wondered if they would know her. Queen of a nation? A region? That girl whose only time she cursed in life was when she marched with an anti racist group and wore a shirt that said, "**** racism", while she was queen?
"The dragonets are coming...
They're coming to save the day...
They're coming to fight,
For they know what's right,
The dragonets are coming...
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:21 pm

The commander said "hello, and welcome to Viscova, please make your way to the Grand Ballroom, just follow the hall and take a right." The commander clearly took great pride in his position, his traditional forest green uniform in near perfect order, and old dragoon helmet sat atop his head, a small steel skull and crossbones sat on the front of the helmet, marking the famed Deaths Head Dragoons, which had seen battle against the forces of napoleon and won several victories.

Around the palace several guards in similar uniforms were patrolling, armed with SIG Sauer SG552 rifles, each with a mounted bayonet that glinted in the light of the electric street lamps. In similar fashion a FV432 APC sat outside, it was here in case something went wrong, but was not expected to be needed. The Viscovian flag fluttered proudly, standing tall from the highest point of the palace, a flag that hadn't changed in centuries.

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Dawnbringer nodded, stepping away from the two guests. "Thank you," she said to the commander. Three moons, was everyone here at least five years older than her? She followed the path she was guided to, her heels clacking on the polished floors. "Let's see... take a right..." Dawn turned at the end of the hall into the grand ballroom. "Whoa," she said. Not only was she amazed by the sheer size, but also how intricate and rather fancy everything looked. Everyone was dressed quite accordingly, each wearing something their nation could take pride in. Dawn felt a little pride herself as she thought of her selected outfit. The black and silver perfectly represented a NightWing, or citizen of Maleficos. And the small etching in her silver ring represented everything the Claws of the Clouds stood for. She was not only there for Maleficos, but also for the Treeans and Magicians, SeaWings and RainWings, and her closest friends. Now that she thought about it, this dress might have been more fit for a certain leader of a certain NightWing Queendom, not unlike herself.
It also occurred to her the size of the weapons these people had. She could faintly hear her guards trailing after her, all dressed up in their bow ties and tuxedos. But they were merely equipped with a taser and puny little daggers. Dawn placed a hand on her sheath. If things got dicey, she'd be fine. But that wouldn't happen.
She looked around the atmosphere. "It's perfect," she said aloud. "The lights, the music, the mood, the guests... now where in the name of the moons is King Charles?"
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 pm

A general who overheard her statement walked over and said "his majesty is preparing for the ceremony, he should be finished soon, they wish to have the ceremony done first, then the dancing and food will be presented." He then bowed and said "I am Brigadier General Valiant, commanding officer of the 12th Royal Air Cav" his uniform had several medals pinned to it, including one which commentated his service in the Crimean Crisis, the 12th had been deployed to the region during the crisis and even saw combat.

Despite being his his early fifties he was in great shape, and had an amazing amount of energy, he clearly had no intention of leaving the Royal Army any time soon, and was proud of the thirty-six years he had given to the Kingdom

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:04 pm

"Oh, well thank you for that." Dawnbringer said after his explanation of the situation. She listened intently as he explained who he was, and then it was her turn. She bowed as formally and politely as possible, which was a bit hard with a corset. "I am Queen Dawnbringer, ruler of Maleficos and of The Claws of the Clouds." She got up from her bow. "Pleased to meet you, sir." Her earrings had been a gift from her people and gleamed beautifully as the light hit them. Being a queen was a bit more of a title; Maleficos operated on a democratic system, of sorts. It was basically where there were royals that live in a palace and such, and their families were likewise important, except the people voted for royalty. Which made the twenty three year old wonder how in the name of the Scorching she had been queen for six years. And her ring was a commitment to a whole different level. That represented how a month or so ago she branched out and made her own region, governed by her closest friends and most trustworthy companions. The ring was a symbol to the flame of peace by her palace gates, the dragon population, the nightwing, rainwing, Seawing, icewing, sandwing, Skywing, and mudwing loyalty, even the loyalty of the Lost Tribes. A commitment to the Wings of Fire that would eternally guard her home, her palace, her friends, her country. Peace in her time.
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:15 pm

The General rose and said "well it is a pleasure and an honor to meet you, and i am certain that his majesty will think the same." He then said "If he is anything like his father, i think this Kingdom is going be very well off for a long time" he then said "I'd hate to keep you tied up, I'm certain you have more important matters than letting an old General like me blabber on"

It was then that King Charles left his dressing room and walked into the main hall and walked towards the ball room, he stood tall, his 6'4" figure standing tall and proud. The guards at the door immediately saluted upon seeing her and dropped the salute when he nodded.

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Dawn turned to where the sudden silence seemed to originate from to see King Charles. "Good grief!" She whispered so no one but herself could hear. "And I thought I was tall!" And so did many around her. At 5'8", she was easily the tallest female in her family. Although she was rather glad that there was someone here who was taller, albeit much taller, than her. She didn't like towering over everyone else. It was quite embarrassing and, frankly, it didn't look very queenly.
Bringing her thoughts back to the present, she respectfully bowed as King Charles came into the room. He wasn't her king, that was for certain. He was probably not even of high ranking in his region, but she bowed anyway. Respect. Something that some people would just never learn.
Last edited by Maleficos on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Charles noticed the queen and returned the bow before saying "I believe that we haven't met yet, may I ask your name?" He spoke with an air of authority and humble confidence. He held full power within the Kingdom, as the members of his family had done for almost 800 years. At 26 he was one of the younger kings to take power, but he held the composure and attitude of someone older than himself

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:42 pm

Imperial Premier Benjamin Butang entered the great hall after a few more minutes of conversation with the duchess Lizbont. He understood completely why Rezua was quickly becoming the top tourist destination for Rhodeves. As different as they were from Rhodeves, they were just as friendly and pleasant to talk to. And if he was younger and not already a widower, he might have liked to spend some time in Rezua. Or Kurzera, the Ziambani province of that empire.

After marveling at the iridescent hall, one larger than most he had seen, aside from the Senate of the Imperial Palace, he saw most of the guards salute a man. Butang realized this must have been the man they were all honouring here tonight. The new King Charles. He walked up to the man, bowing her his and shoulders to him. "You sir, must be King Charles. It is an honour and a pleasure to meet you. And I must give my congratulations to your ascension. My name is Benjamin Butang, but Queen Diana Wolff, leader of the Kingdoms of Rhodevus, who must be away on maternity leave wanted me to tell you in her name that she is truly and deeply sorry she could not attend in person. This is the same with the Princess Heir, Sierra Abrams, who is currently handling the very stressful situation down in the far East."

From Butang's jacket pocket, he pulled out a curved antler. The antler itself had been hollowed out to make room for a Laaban Dagger, the traditional weapon of the Laaban Tribe, a legendary group of warrior natives who had nearly defeated two empires. And then was instrumental in the creation of another. This Laaban Dagger and casing was a very special one. One that had been impossible to make in nearly 150 years. This antler was taken from that of a Tanto Moose, an animal thought to have gone extinct, until very recently, when a herd was found. When an older Tanto Moose had died, the antlers were brought to expert Laaban historians and blade makers, to carve and create this spiritually powerful weapon. "This here is a gift to honour your coronation and ascension to the throne. Of course, this is a very traditional Rhodeve gift. We have also brought you some more modern presents, but this one I wished to hand to you in person."
She/Her

Factbook

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Imperial Premier Benjamin Butang entered the great hall after a few more minutes of conversation with the duchess Lizbont. He understood completely why Rezua was quickly becoming the top tourist destination for Rhodeves. As different as they were from Rhodeves, they were just as friendly and pleasant to talk to. And if he was younger and not already a widower, he might have liked to spend some time in Rezua. Or Kurzera, the Ziambani province of that empire.

After marveling at the iridescent hall, one larger than most he had seen, aside from the Senate of the Imperial Palace, he saw most of the guards salute a man. Butang realized this must have been the man they were all honouring here tonight. The new King Charles. He walked up to the man, bowing her his and shoulders to him. "You sir, must be King Charles. It is an honour and a pleasure to meet you. And I must give my congratulations to your ascension. My name is Benjamin Butang, but Queen Diana Wolff, leader of the Kingdoms of Rhodevus, who must be away on maternity leave wanted me to tell you in her name that she is truly and deeply sorry she could not attend in person. This is the same with the Princess Heir, Sierra Abrams, who is currently handling the very stressful situation down in the far East."

From Butang's jacket pocket, he pulled out a curved antler. The antler itself had been hollowed out to make room for a Laaban Dagger, the traditional weapon of the Laaban Tribe, a legendary group of warrior natives who had nearly defeated two empires. And then was instrumental in the creation of another. This Laaban Dagger and casing was a very special one. One that had been impossible to make in nearly 150 years. This antler was taken from that of a Tanto Moose, an animal thought to have gone extinct, until very recently, when a herd was found. When an older Tanto Moose had died, the antlers were brought to expert Laaban historians and blade makers, to carve and create this spiritually powerful weapon. "This here is a gift to honour your coronation and ascension to the throne. Of course, this is a very traditional Rhodeve gift. We have also brought you some more modern presents, but this one I wished to hand to you in person."

He smiled and accepted the dagger and said "thank you, this gift is greatly appreciated" he turned to a guard and asked him "could you please put this on the empty weapon stand in my quarters?"
The guard nodded and said "I'll get right to it your majesty"
"Thank you" he then said "I am thankful you could be here, as I am for all of the guest who were gracious enough to attend tonight, I do hope that you will enjoy your time here in Viscova, you must see the river walk if you haven't already." He then said "It may not look like it, but this Palace has stood for seven centuries, as is most of the city"

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Dawn stood up from her bow, her torso practically thanking her. She cleared her throat as she approached King Charles, but stayed far enough away that he didn't feel crowded. "I don't believe we have met yet, either. I am Queen Dawnbringer Sutherland." Her voice was soft yet firm, sounding royal and considerate. She wouldn't want to stress the new King. She smiled a little. "Honored to meet you, your majesty." She was grateful that he wasn't some stuffy old sixty year old who called Dawn a whipper snapper. She hated those. In fact, she was surprised at how young he was, not to mention tall for his age. "Your palace is really quite lovely." The area around the palace seemed like a pleasant tourist destination, and the spiraling mansions of the rich showed off amazing architectural art.
A vacation was just what Dawnbringer needed. Running a queendom was hard enough without a whole mountain range to go with it. This seemed like a nice place for said vacation, especially if she were on good terms with King Charles. She could leave the Claws of the Clouds in the hands of the Magicians and Treeans whilst she got a long overdue rest.
She fished around in her hand purse until she came out with a charm. It seemed like nothing compared to Butang's gift, but that didn't shoot Dawn's hopes down. She offered the small gem to the new King. "I too have brought you a gift, your majesty. It is a white diamond from Jade Mountain, the heart of our territory. It is animus touched - ahem, enchanted to keep the wearer strong and tireless. A very rare find, and certainly only for those of high rank."
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Grand Viscovian Kingdom wrote:
He smiled and accepted the dagger and said "thank you, this gift is greatly appreciated" he turned to a guard and asked him "could you please put this on the empty weapon stand in my quarters?"
The guard nodded and said "I'll get right to it your majesty"
"Thank you" he then said "I am thankful you could be here, as I am for all of the guest who were gracious enough to attend tonight, I do hope that you will enjoy your time here in Viscova, you must see the river walk if you haven't already." He then said "It may not look like it, but this Palace has stood for seven centuries, as is most of the city"

"I have not seen the river walk yet, but I will make sure to do so now. It is quite remarkable that this palace, even this city has stood the great test of time. Even the oldest buildings remaining in Rhodevus have not counted seven hundred years. Even our palace will only be counting near 270 years. And, must marvel at the brilliant architecture of this palace and this city. Most unlike anything you will find around the world."

The premier then made way for the queen Dawnbringer, who came from a place of remarkable status.
She/Her

Factbook

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Dawnbringer smiled at Butang and Charles. "I would love to see the river walk. I'm sure it is just as lovely as this palace, if not more so. I've always loved nature, even after an embarrassing incident with some salmon not too far back." She was sure the river was gorgeous. She'd seen some water feature as she have arrived and it looked quite marvelous.
What she found amusing about this conversation was how the two were speaking of their oldest buildings being around for quite some time, while Maleficos was not even a century old. It's foundation had been tribal lands and home to the previously endangered Dragons, which her predecessors had been sure to account for. Many plots of land were still undeveloped and with no cars, what could've become streets are now beautiful woodlands.
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 pm

The king smiled and accepted the charm, and said "thank you your majesty" he then said "my ancestor King Malcom II built this palace" he then said "I myself grew up in it, the balcony has a beautiful view of the river" he then said "This city was actually the site of a major battle during the thirty years war, the Austrians were held just scrosss the street from where we stand right now, and Napoleon has stood in this very room we stand now" he then said "I cannot hope to live up to the great feats of my ancestors, only to make them last another lifetime"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Maleficos wrote:Dawnbringer smiled at Butang and Charles. "I would love to see the river walk. I'm sure it is just as lovely as this palace, if not more so. I've always loved nature, even after an embarrassing incident with some salmon not too far back." She was sure the river was gorgeous. She'd seen some water feature as she have arrived and it looked quite marvelous.
What she found amusing about this conversation was how the two were speaking of their oldest buildings being around for quite some time, while Maleficos was not even a century old. It's foundation had been tribal lands and home to the previously endangered Dragons, which her predecessors had been sure to account for. Many plots of land were still undeveloped and with no cars, what could've become streets are now beautiful woodlands.

Butang gave a light-hearted chuckle. "Now that you mentioned salmon, I must ask you about this incident, if it is alright with you. I mean no insincerity."

In Rhodevus, there were two common stereotypes that surrounded all its people. They were either too friendly and polite, or too blunt and direct. Butang happened to be the former. He was a pleasant, intelligent and fiercely loyal person, but sometimes, it seemed as though he was a walking stereotype.

"And do not worry about living up to the expectations of the past. Just make a name for yourself in the hear and now. It's what Queen Diana says. But, who can blame her. Her father was known as 'King Benner The Great' during his reign."
She/Her

Factbook

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Dawnbringer laughed but made an attempt to keep it contained. "Oh... the poor salmon... well, to be frank, I don't talk about it much. So our salmon population was diminishing, and in an attempt to save them, I approved of this... thing that would get rid of the lice, which was the problem. So, yeah, it worked. Never saw a louse again. Nor did we see a salmon." She chuckled slightly as she thought of when she'd explained this to her closest friend and how berserk she'd gone. "So I don't recommend insecticides when a whole species is on the line. Not good."
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:35 pm

The king nodded, he was being pressured to give an heir, but he had not yet even married, let alone had a child. It was causing a significant amount of stress, especially with the recent revelation of an issue with water supply in a poor province, a situation which had proven far more sinister as local criminal organizations had deliberately cut the supply to force the province to pay for it, and had resulted in a deployment of the army to sort out the situation. The crisis had thankfully not found its way to foreign news, but had still proven very taxing on his mind, and now the nobility was not helping with their constant pressuring of him.

He said "There are several species of fame and food fish in the river, including catfish and pike, it is why large boats are not allowed on the river, so as to not disturbed the fish population, which has been crucial to the cities economy for centuries"

Maleficos
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Maleficos » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm

"That's an interesting idea," Dawnbringer said. "We have extensive laws concerning blocking dams and building them, but not really anything on boats in the rivers. Something to consider." She could still remember the taste of dust in her mouth after she'd discovered half of her nation was a scorched wasteland. She'd built canals, dams, done the reverse, everything. Eventually, her environment fixed. Thankfully. But there is still a small portion of desert, just over the main iron mines. Hence the strict safety laws.
Dawnbringer always thought she might seem strict and/or severe and a whack-job, but apparently the citizens like her, based on their fierce patriotism. Only problem was that she was single. It took so long for her to convince the authorities that a queendom didn't need a king. And then there were the suitors. That was one of her worst memories, the flood of nobles at her door, looking for some token wife who happened to rule a nation. Dawnbringer called most of them idiots and sent them on their way. Maybe she needed stricter laws on suitors.
Yet more reason for a vacation.
(Gtg, will be on tomorrow)
Last edited by Maleficos on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're coming to fight,
Hooray!"

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

King Charles nodded and said "we pride ourselves on our environmental laws, and most of our electricity comes from geothermal sources, possible thanks to the province of Hikla with its field of geothermal vents. The river itself is a certified renewable fishery, and we require that farmers use organic means of pest control such as ladybird Beatles or parasitic wasps." He then said "all thanks to my father, who could think his way around any problem, I don't remember a time when he couldn't figure something out." He then sighed and said "the nobility are already pressuring me on securing my line of succession, and I've already turned down eight suitors" he sighed and said "I don't want to be stuck with someone I don't love for the rest of my life" marriage was a sacred tradition is Viscova, to divorce was out of the question morally, and was the equivilant of spitting on someone's grave

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:31 am

Rebeka had gotten sidetracked talking to many guests. There was one young man in particular who found a hard time keeping his eyes up. He made an effort to not appear to be doing so. The duchess couldn't blame him though. Besides, in her own nation, she'd be showing off far more than just cleavage. Rebeka quietly pondered if Empress Ymira was against topless Rezuan women because she was too modest or if the empress was concerned that her wife might caught her eyes wondering. Of course, Rebeka knew Ymira would never cheat on Sierra. Ever. Even looking at another woman in a certain way would be what Ymira concerned "cheating". Still, it was funny to picture the royal palace full of topless women surrounding Empress Ymira with her wife looking over her shoulder.

The duchess left the other guests and found King Charles. She curtsied towards him and then stepped forward and presented him with gifts. One was a heavy glass bottle that had a long neck but a wide bottle. It was made to resemble an old naval bottle. It was a twenty-five year old bottle of Kurzeran Red, some of the finest wine in the Empire. The duchess handed it to Charles and said "Damn good stuff, sir." Afterword, she took out a gold medallion and offered it to him. It had a navy blue and gold ribbon. The medallion itself was in a star shape and had many points. The sword and wings, the imperial crest, were in the center of the medallion. Rebeka explained further "In Rezua it was tradition to present the monarch with a medallion. The imperial crest on yours would be smaller on another monach's because they would also have their family line's crest. Take Empress Ymira for example. She doesn't like wearing her crown so she sometimes wears her medallion instead."

She politely entered the ongoing conversation after she gave the king her gifts. The Rezuan said "Environmental concerns are also a big deal in the empire. I'm going to focus more on Kurzera because of the fact that I live in that province and because our environmental laws are stricter. Kurzera has a lot of thick vegetation in the north and scorching desert to the south. Our businesses aren't allowed any sort of dumping and must undergo imperial inspection every two months. Also, water supplies cannot be blocked without imperial consent. There's a lot more, but I'm not the Green Minister."

"By the way, King Charles, you really shouldn't worry about marriage. Empress Ymira married at twenty-four but her sister is marrying at thirty. It doesn't really matter. Meeting the right person takes a lot of searching. Especially when people are just throwing themselves at you. I think that's why the empress always underplays her royal blood. To her, she is no more special than a farmer. She doesn't want people coming to her looking for a higher up person. As for me...I'm a simple girl. I like my title and I'm not afraid to say it. Of course, I have to do my duties too. But because I embrace my title, I have to be cautious that no one tries to use me to also use my title."

"Honestly, just go find the man or woman you want to be with when you want. Don't settle because other people want you to. Don't let people tell you what to do...although technically I am too. But I mean what I say and I'm not forcing you to follow my advise. And also...if it doesn't work out then its okay to divorce. Look, marriage is sacred in the Rezuan Empire but it's clear that it does always work. If two people are married but there is no love between them, then how could marriage even exist? I don't mean that the relationship is strained, all people get strained. I'm talking about if there is cheating, or abuse, or simply no longer any love left. Love isn't a feeling by the way. It's a promise to devote yourself to another person, to put them above yourself in everything. Without that kind of love...well, that kind of love is getting rarer and rarer."
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Grand Viscovian Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Viscovian Kingdom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:51 am

King Charles nodded, he kept his eyes on the duchess's face, having no trouble controlling his urges. He thanked her for the gifts and then said "I wish I that I had the luxury to wait, however I am under immense pressure by the nobility to secure my line of succession, it comes down to the fact that it is indeed a matter of great importance, a succession crisis could be devastating for the kingdom, it has never experienced one" he then said "and I am under the traditional rules of Royal marriage, I have to marry someone of noble or royal blood, and in this day in age, there aren't as many places for me to look as there were for my ancestors" he then said "enough of my complaining, I suppose you all have more important things sto discuss"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates