NATION

PASSWORD

The Gorillaz Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which is the best album

Gorillaz
32%
Demon Days
47%
Plastic Beach
11%
The Fall
No votes
Humanz
11%

Total votes : 19

Martune
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Gorillaz Discussion Thread

Postby Martune » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:03 pm

As you may or may not know, the Gorillaz are a British based band created in 1998 by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett. The band is animated and contains some pretty cool characters like:
2-D: Stuart Harold Pot, or 2-D, is the front man singer of the band.
Murdoc: Murdoc Niccals is the bass player for the band and the one who got the band together
Russel: Russel Hobbs is the drummer for the band who is possessed by his friends who died in a drive by shooting
Noodle: Noodle is the guitarist of the band and originates from Japan. She was shipped to Kong Studios in a FedEx box

The band is releasing their album Humanz on the 28th of April. They have released the songs, Saturnz Barz, Ascension, Andromeda, Let me out, and We got the power. This will be the 5th album for the band, being preceded by Gorillaz, Demon Days, Plastic Beach, and The Fall.

The band has released hits like, Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry, Dare, Feel Good Inc., and On Melancholy hill. Their release of Saturnz Barz trended on social media for a little bit.

What do you think of Gorillaz?
Admin of NS Parliament
Join: NS Parliament, a government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Who even knows what I am politically anymore

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:16 pm

bump
Admin of NS Parliament

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Argument:
Demon Days is the best
Admin of NS Parliament

Legod
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Legod » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 am

I have never understood why people like the gorillaz. Like their music isn't all bad, it just isn't enjoyable in any way for me, not a single song, which is rarely true even for other musicians I don't enjoy.
I do think the animated band thing is kinda cool conceptually (though I don't like the animation style either -- what can ya do?). And good on them releasing their 5th album!

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Legod wrote:I have never understood why people like the gorillaz. Like their music isn't all bad, it just isn't enjoyable in any way for me, not a single song, which is rarely true even for other musicians I don't enjoy.
I do think the animated band thing is kinda cool conceptually (though I don't like the animation style either -- what can ya do?). And good on them releasing their 5th album!

Their music is amazing
Admin of NS Parliament

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:02 pm

boop
Admin of NS Parliament

Lautrec-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lautrec- » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:02 am

Demon Days is still my favorite but the new album is pretty good

Really like that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dONxX9rifs
Greek, social democrat, atheist.

Political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

General description: In short, it's a human, FTL, space-faring civilization. Think of Halo's UNSC
RP population: About 500 million, spread throughout many space colonies. Some have more, some less
Civilization index: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p29724780

Hey Dark Souls players. Want to extinguish a bonfire? Get rid of a troublesome firekeeper? Don't hesitate to make the call. Me and my squad will take care of it in no time at the low price of a firekeeper soul.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:04 am

I'm looking forward to Humanz. Plastic Beach was my favorite, actually, it blended a lot of rap, synthpop, and alt rock together really well. From what I've heard so far, Humanz is going to be a lot more electronic, and I'm down with that.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am

Never heard of them.

KiwitheBird
Civilian

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby KiwitheBird » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:34 am

I remember the first time I watched their "Clint Eastwood" music video and thought: "what a creepy thing". But then I totally fell in love with "Laika Come Home". I found it so great that I couldn't stop listening to this album again and again. I wondered how can such kind of simple song live in my head so long. The same feeling was when I wondered that trusted courseworks papers are real and are so easily to order online. The ending beat of the "Re-Hash " song is one of the greatest creations they ever did, as well. I guess both cases are kind of magic :)

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:20 am

KiwitheBird wrote:I remember the first time I watched their "Clint Eastwood" music video and thought: "what a creepy thing". But then I totally fell in love with "Laika Come Home". I found it so great that I couldn't stop listening to this album again and again. I wondered how can such kind of simple song live in my head so long. The same feeling was when I wondered that trusted courseworks papers are real and are so easily to order online. The ending beat of the "Re-Hash " song is one of the greatest creations they ever did, as well. I guess both cases are kind of magic :)

I like Feel Good Inc. more, but "Every Planet we Reach is Dead" is another good one.
Admin of NS Parliament

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Which song is the best from the Humanz album?

Me: Saturnz Barz
Admin of NS Parliament

Oliver Taylor
Civilian

Founded: May 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

song

Postby Oliver Taylor » Mon May 29, 2017 12:27 am

when I was younger, I loved their songs so much, that I even wrote an essay for my school about them
EssayPirate - unique papers for any purposes.

PaulMin
Civilian

Founded: May 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby PaulMin » Tue May 30, 2017 1:37 am

I think that the song Charger is really the best. I can listen it again and again even now.

Christoperkline
Civilian

Founded: Jun 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Christoperkline » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:48 am

Many fans are interesting in The Gorillaz's new world tour. That is what I found:
This year are Gorillaz?
The group played the album in London on March 24 in full in a secret show. The first live date for the full tour was announced the group will play Dreamland in Margate as part of the own Demon Dayz festival alongside several other dates on June 10.
The album is not expected to drop until April 28th but we impatiently have listened four songs.
The band happen to be posting streaming listening party locations in the same time.

GroverChang
Civilian

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby GroverChang » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:09 am

Gorillaz is really my favorite band. I can't imagine any better band than this one.
It's easy to buy college essays and get a lot of free time

Wild Hunter Monsters
Civilian

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wild Hunter Monsters » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 am

It's impossible to imagine any better band than Gorillaz. Really the best one and I still enjoy it every day!
Sometime you should just say help with my math homework and you'll get it!

Joija
Envoy

Founded: Jun 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Joija » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:39 am

Demon Days is mein shiyat. ;-)
Hey guys. It's me, a dummy that runs a Mediterranean-climate island nation of 78 million idiots. Check us out, we're kinda warm and kinda cool. Sweeeeeet.

Funderland Helsberg suffers first fatal accident in 14 years / 2.1m Joijans test positive for COVID / Man arrested for looking at more people 'menacingly'

Kiborgs
Civilian

Founded: Jul 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiborgs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:02 am

All my youth I was crazy about Gorillaz. I have listened Clint Eastwood at least one hundred times so I know it by heart. Most of you probably already know but I'm putting this here anyway, Gorillaz are releasing their new album, Humanz on April 28th 2017!
Besides Gorillaz virtual member, published a brand new tune, "Sleeping Powder," Thursday through the band's cellular program. Gorillaz shared a psychedelic video for the cut, that sets the scene by trying the famed "This Is Your Brain on Drugs" ad.
Be a child by soul it's like i need someone to do my math homework cause of active online tournament

Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:48 pm

The new album is great.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

The Anzhe Doopprinicoplu
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Gorillaz

Postby The Anzhe Doopprinicoplu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 am

I like this band. Especially "Feel Good"

Writemy
Civilian

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Writemy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:33 am

Adytus wrote:The new album is great.

Yeah, I do not understand what all the fuss is about. I liked it a lot!
You may find some helpful hand here. This site is mostly about assignment writing and other useful stuff.

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 am

I prefer Oasis (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction