NATION

PASSWORD

Echoes of the Void (OOC THREAD)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hedron
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Echoes of the Void (OOC THREAD)

Postby Hedron » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC things for OOC things related to the STORY :D

Rules:
1. Be respectful
2. Stay on topic
3. It's simple really. Use common sense :P.

Code: Select all
[Encryption Code Level: High]
[File Name: Codename - Void]
[Attachments: Audio File]
[Sender: Hedron Intelligence Department]

As the message was opened, a female voice was instantly played from the audio file, "Greetings." A pause before continuing, "This message is from the Royal Hedron Empire under the decree of Grand Marshal Rolf Andbert, delivered by the Hedron Intelligence Department. I would also like to notify that this message is not meant to be saved or distributed, as such this message can only be played once before being self-deleted." A short pause then she continued, "If I would be allowed to introduce myself, my name is Juuian Obverosky, rank and title are irrelevant. I will have to ask you to tolerate this irregular diplomatic maneuver, the amount of time we have left is...little for diplomatic courtesies." She takes a deep breath and exhales, "During the Wraith incursion that many species have participated in eliminating, we received a warning, an ill omen if you will, that will bring all sentient life in the galaxy to extinction. While it sounds much like an illogical superstition, we've had qualified data to support this warning over the years. Do note that this information has not been made public to the populace, yet. Panic and strife is something that you and I would not want to happen within' our own borders. Continuing onwards just recently, and by that I mean a couple months ago, we've been tracking an unusual anomaly in the far outskirts of the galaxy, the anomaly that that everyone could blatantly 'see.' While events like these happen time to time, this certain anomaly is irregular. According to our scientists, the anomaly is, and I quote, 'A living and breathing entity.' It has attempted to communicate with our tracking stations, but so far we've been receiving cryptic pings. More of our scientists are approving the theory that they are judging the distance to the galaxy via radio waves. Though the usage of such is much like primitive sonar technology. Though that is uncertain as of yet."

A little scuffling could be heard in the background, but the voice continues as she clears her throat, "Ahem. While I cannot provide a lot of details in this file, much of it is quite foreign to my knowledge. The Grand Marshal would like to extend an invitation to an urgent galactic meeting, a very rare occasion us Hedronians have yet to perform many times. Grand Marshal Andbert is willing to hold the meeting in person or in a communication of your choice. Though, he would prefer a visual display meeting, a considerate act for the busy schedules you all must have. In this message we've also included a code you may use to 'enter' the meeting. If your species lack the technology to attend this meeting, I'm afraid audio would be the only option for you."

The audio file could be heard stopping before an automated voice replaced the female one, "Message is being erased from your database. Please hold."

Then silence, for a moment. A second later after the message was deleted, a single automated code was generated and presented towards the individual reading. Typed in their own language.
Last edited by Hedron on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Sorry for the delay, been working on the weekend and playing the new DLC for Stellaris. I have about half of my post done and I should be getting it done and posted in the next couple of days.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Swag -- Cyrenthia sent me a TG just recently. So His/Her nation is out, just in case you were gonna mention about it. Take your time, I just thought suddenly most of the players just went dark. Other players are keeping me updated. Sub Sector should be about to put one in there.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:06 pm

I'll be getting my post up for this after I finish one I've been working on for another thread.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Olimpiada wrote:I'll be getting my post up for this after I finish one I've been working on for another thread.

Now that I'm in the business of posting for this, I must take note of an issue. At present, there's no real way for anyone else's empire to know that this invasion is going to happen. All we know is that there was a "ping" from beyond the galaxy, which could be as insignificant as someone from Andromeda saying hi. As it stands, there's not any good way for people to start inserting their nations into this scenario, which I believe is why nobody has posted as of yet.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Olimpiada wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:I'll be getting my post up for this after I finish one I've been working on for another thread.

Now that I'm in the business of posting for this, I must take note of an issue. At present, there's no real way for anyone else's empire to know that this invasion is going to happen. All we know is that there was a "ping" from beyond the galaxy, which could be as insignificant as someone from Andromeda saying hi. As it stands, there's not any good way for people to start inserting their nations into this scenario, which I believe is why nobody has posted as of yet.

Well, you are not wrong about that. I did intend players to create a creative opening as mentioned in the TG. This isn't your standard "introduce your battle force" and we go fight the enemy scenario. Things take time.

You may have heard of the Wraiths, probably not. But your Empire does know the Wraiths did happen even if it occurred thousands of light years away, as I would assume with an Empire your size you'd have some sophisticated information network. Along with an entire division of scientists tasked with important matters.

All these "could" contribute to creating a foundation of which you are able to insert yourself into this world, regardless of the punch. While the anomaly itself is being tracked, physically tracked, it cannot be identified with all known sensors until it gets closer to the outer edge of the galaxy. Hedron, and other Empires, have been keeping track of this and distributing what they know into the galactic network.

Then again, I do stand at fault once more as I intended to leave the responsibility to the players to create and design a character befitting this story, regardless of restrictions. This is where questions you would ask be sent to me via TG. In other words.

"Could I asspull this type of information considering this happened and this."

"This is what happens and this is how it's going to introduce itself."

I also intend to introduce a specific gameplay mechanic, if you could all it that, from your perspective. The Tar Valemm system, which is known to the Hedron people, could be a different system entirely from your interpretation. My Empire living for 2,000 years in this galaxy would probably equate to maybe 7,000 years to you in a reasonable justification. (Time Dilation is a bitch). Though I'm not quite fond of that theory befitting this story :P.

Or entirely, you could ignore all of the above and I'll create a "basic" entrance into this story. Somewhere along the lines of "Come join. Hedron needs you. Species are at stake. The inevitable annihilation of our species. Rally your forces!"

Though I find that boring and uncreative. I've had too many RP's I've joined that develop that kind of entrance. I intend to let players be creative and be spontaneous as they drive themselves through this story. Then again I feel as if I'm attempting to control your Empire indirectly, as if on rails. Which I tend to avoid at all costs.

Olimpiada wrote:At present, there's no real way for anyone else's empire to know that this invasion is going to happen.

You're right. There is no way anyone is going to know when it is going to arrive or if it ever will. So what do you do?

Go living on life as you normally would? Or start hoarding beans for the underground shelter? I dunno. But if this is really causing a HUGE writers block and or provide no access to the story regardless of the ideas then I will deviate course slightly and immediately gather and introduce all players at the same time (Or rather attempt to which is the usual gizmo here in Nationstates) with their beefy ships and big guns. :3
Last edited by Hedron on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Sorry for the delay, the post ran away from me. I took some liberties to move things along and get to the meeting, let me know if this is an issue. I just hate arrival posts, it tends to slow things down.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Telros wrote:I just hate arrival posts; it tends to slow things down.

Yeah, had too many of that before, but it doesn't pose much of a jam in this train. In fact, this makes the upcoming hoard of events to be a little bit more logical and the inclusion of other players be more appropriate :P. We'll see how this plays out.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:16 am

Great intros so far guys.

Get those posts by tomorrow if you all haven't already got them in. Then I'll proceed with the story.

Alexzonya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello!

My intro post is up. If anyone has any questions or concerns let me know. Thanks!

Edit: Ok maybe it's not. I'm in the process of editing it. It should go up later tonight in entirety. Or tomorrow morning. But it will be up soon. Sorry about that.
Edit 2: Ok, it's up.
Last edited by Alexzonya on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Its coo - we're advancing now. Just a snowball reaching the edge of the cliff, but my next post should get things going. A little interactive episode :3.

Alexzonya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Sorry for the delay, I'll get my post up tomorrow.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 am

Its cool - don't stress. Still dealing with closing college semester and same for a couple other players.

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Wed May 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Sorry for the delay, life and other things conspired against my time. Post is up however.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents