NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Sedgistan

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

[PASSED] Commend Sedgistan

Postby Topid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Hello! It's been a while since I submitted a SC proposal, I've been busy with other matters!

Over the last few days Unibot and I have been working to surprise our good friend Sedge with this proposal, and since he's gone to bed... I've submitted the proposal.

Sedge is a well known defender, one of the best, if not the best, in the game at the moment. I feel that the best of the best from each side are deserving of a commendation.

ImageCommend Sedgistan
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Sedgistan | Proposed by: Topid


The Security Council,

Observing the efforts of Sedgistan, as a long time member and current Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Region Alliance (FRA) to ensure interregional peace and goodwill,

Remembering the liberation of Feudal Japan authored by Sedge, which was followed by a defeat of the raiders by a defender force led by Sedge and including members from the FRA, TITO, Equilism, Texas, Europeia, 00000 A World Power, Yggdrasil, The United Kingdom, Crusaders of Justice, Liberty Alliance, Antarctica, and Royal Federation of Nations, and a refounding mission assisted by Sedge,

Impressed by the tireless work of Sedgistan to ensure the natives of Feudal Japan regained control of their region and kept control permanently,

Knowing there exist countless other regions Sedgistan has defended from the grips of raiders, amassing 222 points so far in his 3 years as an FRA Ranger, the second highest of all time,

Acknowledging the Security Council work of Sedgistan other than Liberate Feudal Japan, which includes authoring Liberate Free Thought, being listed as a co-author of Commend Todd McCloud, Liberate Utopia, and Liberate Land of the Liberals,

Asserting that any nation that has done as much work as Sedgistan has to ensure interregional peace and goodwill should be commended,

Hereby commends Sedgistan.

Co-authored by Unibot
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat
 
Posts: 729
Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Pascal nodded, "Ol' Cedric deserves a commendation for sure. May Lucy bless you with a quick and painless entrance to the queue!"

User avatar
A mean old man
Senator
 
Posts: 4306
Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby A mean old man » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:09 pm

:blink:

I'm not a fan of surprises.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

A mean old man wrote::blink:

I'm not a fan of surprises.

Muhahaha wait until Sedge wakes up!

I must confess to a bit of laziness... or rather glutony... possibly lust... Some of the seven sins... Anyway, I waited two hours to start campaigning so I could chat with my girlfriend on Facebook and also so I could eat. In two hours (10:30ish pm to 12:30ish pm Central) the proposal got 9 approvals! Nine! Without a campaign! That's how popular Sedge is.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Kalibarr
Minister
 
Posts: 2241
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm

...current Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Region Alliance (FRA)...


What happens when/if he isn't anymore?

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
...current Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Region Alliance (FRA)...


What happens when/if he isn't anymore?

Then he isn't? :eyebrow:

Probably could have said that differnt, but given the mistakes of my last SC resolution, pretty good if that's all that was found.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Euroslavia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 7743
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Euroslavia » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:17 am

Kalibarr wrote:
...current Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Region Alliance (FRA)...


What happens when/if he isn't anymore?


I'd say that the word 'current' resolves your question. In the event that it were to succeed, one can simply look at the date and figure it out.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

User avatar
Mousebumples
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 8378
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:47 am

Topid wrote:Remembering the liberation of Feudal Japan authored by Sedge, which was followed by a defeat of the raiders by a defender force led by Sedge and including members from the FRA, TITO, Equilism, Texas, Europeia, 00000 A World Power, Yggdrasil, The United Kingdom, Crusaders of Justice, Liberty Alliance, Antarctica, and Royal Federation of Nations, and a refounding mission assisted by Sedge,

My main objections are in this part - highlighted. You are commending Segistan. While I understand that Segistan is frequently called "Sedge," the shortening of the nation name to a nickname seems somewhat informal/irreverent and not terribly appropriate for a WA proposal. (however, that may be my innate GA nature shining through)

Additionally, I did a quick world search and there is not currently any nation named Sedge in the world. If the name is not already claimed, I could see another individual trying to "claim" this commendation (should it pass) by citing the clause quoted above.

You'll likely achieve quorum, and I'm not sure that this issue would prevent me from voting for it on the floor. However, with this issue, I am unable to approve of the proposal at this time.

Best wishes,
Last edited by Mousebumples on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

User avatar
A mean old man
Senator
 
Posts: 4306
Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby A mean old man » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 am

Hm. I would've liked to have seen a drafting of this one, whether you wanted to surprise sedge or not.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia

User avatar
Martyrdoom
Diplomat
 
Posts: 504
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:45 am

the second highest of all time


Only second? Why not, if it does still indeed exist, commend the leading nation?
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:54 am

A mean old man wrote:Hm. I would've liked to have seen a drafting of this one, whether you wanted to surprise sedge or not.

Sorry. :hug:
Martyrdoom wrote:
the second highest of all time


Only second? Why not, if it does still indeed exist, commend the leading nation?

I don't know the fellow. Never spoken. His name was (hope I spell this right): Falconias.

Feel free Marty.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Kalibarr
Minister
 
Posts: 2241
Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:09 am

Topid wrote:
A mean old man wrote:Hm. I would've liked to have seen a drafting of this one, whether you wanted to surprise sedge or not.

Sorry. :hug:
Martyrdoom wrote:
the second highest of all time


Only second? Why not, if it does still indeed exist, commend the leading nation?

I don't know the fellow. Never spoken. His name was (hope I spell this right): Falconias.

Feel free Marty.

He's an invader now :P

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:44 am

Kalibarr wrote:
Topid wrote:
A mean old man wrote:Hm. I would've liked to have seen a drafting of this one, whether you wanted to surprise sedge or not.

Sorry. :hug:
Martyrdoom wrote:
the second highest of all time


Only second? Why not, if it does still indeed exist, commend the leading nation?

I don't know the fellow. Never spoken. His name was (hope I spell this right): Falconias.

Feel free Marty.

He's an invader now :P

So I've heard. I don't think I've ever seen him on the forums or anywhere in NS before.

EDIT: 10 minutes to update and I only need 2 approvals! We'll probably have to wait until tonight.
Last edited by Topid on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5602
Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Capitalizt

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:58 am

Topid wrote:EDIT: 10 minutes to update and I only need 2 approvals! We'll probably have to wait until tonight.

Aren't the updates running on DST now, or are they still stuck on Standard Time?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Topid wrote:EDIT: 10 minutes to update and I only need 2 approvals! We'll probably have to wait until tonight.

Aren't the updates running on DST now, or are they still stuck on Standard Time?
Pythagosaurus wrote:It's a mystery!
Good point Kenny I forgot I never got an answer.

Seeing as the update is happening (delegates are changing) I'd say the game is updating now, which is the same time as normal for me, so it must be on DST.
Last edited by Topid on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Unibot
Senator
 
Posts: 4292
Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 am

Mousebumples wrote:
Topid wrote:Remembering the liberation of Feudal Japan authored by Sedge, which was followed by a defeat of the raiders by a defender force led by Sedge and including members from the FRA, TITO, Equilism, Texas, Europeia, 00000 A World Power, Yggdrasil, The United Kingdom, Crusaders of Justice, Liberty Alliance, Antarctica, and Royal Federation of Nations, and a refounding mission assisted by Sedge,

My main objections are in this part - highlighted. You are commending Segistan. While I understand that Segistan is frequently called "Sedge," the shortening of the nation name to a nickname seems somewhat informal/irreverent and not terribly appropriate for a WA proposal. (however, that may be my innate GA nature shining through)

Additionally, I did a quick world search and there is not currently any nation named Sedge in the world. If the name is not already claimed, I could see another individual trying to "claim" this commendation (should it pass) by citing the clause quoted above.

You'll likely achieve quorum, and I'm not sure that this issue would prevent me from voting for it on the floor. However, with this issue, I am unable to approve of the proposal at this time.

Best wishes,


OOC:

The Sedge.

The 'problem' you've highlighted was not ruled illegal in Commend 10000 islands, it was just a big Yeldian & Unibotian joke. Sedge is Sedgistan's nickname, I don't see a problem in using it, when it is clear from the title and the nominee box that it is Sedgistan that we are referring to.

User avatar
Unibot
Senator
 
Posts: 4292
Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:09 am

A mean old man wrote:Hm. I would've liked to have seen a drafting of this one, whether you wanted to surprise sedge or not.


After the Lotl 'scandal' I was sure you'd complain.

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2818
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 am

Topid wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Topid wrote:EDIT: 10 minutes to update and I only need 2 approvals! We'll probably have to wait until tonight.

Aren't the updates running on DST now, or are they still stuck on Standard Time?
Pythagosaurus wrote:It's a mystery!
Good point Kenny I forgot I never got an answer.

Seeing as the update is happening (delegates are changing) I'd say the game is updating now, which is the same time as normal for me, so it must be on DST.
Guess I don't know what I'm talking about again.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
A mean old man
Senator
 
Posts: 4306
Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby A mean old man » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 am

Unibot wrote:
A mean old man wrote:Hm. I would've liked to have seen a drafting of this one, whether you wanted to surprise sedge or not.


After the Lotl 'scandal' I was sure you'd complain.


:eyebrow:
Instigating something?

I could say more about my discomfort with this, but you wouldn't like it. I was inclined to end my involvement there.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia

User avatar
Unibot
Senator
 
Posts: 4292
Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:32 am

A mean old man wrote:Instigating something?



Nah! Be cool. *Uni positions his hand for a fist-bump*
Last edited by Unibot on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
A mean old man
Senator
 
Posts: 4306
Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby A mean old man » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 am

*Old man sits, staring at fist.*

I'm done.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia

User avatar
Unibot
Senator
 
Posts: 4292
Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:45 am

A mean old man wrote:*Old man sits, staring at fist.*

I'm done.


*staring at AMOM intensely*

This.. is ...such.a.weird.welcoming gesture. :)

User avatar
Rolamec
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6860
Founded: Dec 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolamec » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Hmmm...against.
Rolamec of New Earth
A Proud and Progressive Republican.
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Economic Left/Right: 4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

User avatar
Oh my Days
Diplomat
 
Posts: 637
Founded: Nov 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oh my Days » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 pm

I don't agree with everything in the proposal, but as one of the most succesful players od all time, Sedge definitely deserves a Commendation and I have approved it.
Citizen of The East Pacific and Osiris

User avatar
Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Mar 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Reseda Island » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:43 pm

I dont see a reason in there
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads