A new era of geopolitics has arisen across the planet: that of factionalism. Three major factions continue to fight for influence and members, as well as resources and population.
The first major faction to come to power was the VEDRUPOL Pact, whose goals were to fight for European control of Europe. The nations of VEDRUPOL attacked the Nationalist Gold Union and kicked the nation out of North Africa and Europe entirely. While VEDRUPOL sits quite stagnant in this day and age, its purpose still stands.
The next major faction to come along was the Shanghai Cooperation Pact, shortened as the SCO. The SCO, founded by the large then-disorganized McFreedomstan, was created to defend the Asian continent as well as the Pacific Ocean. The SCO saw action when McFreedomstan attacked the Asian territories of the NGU, which resulted in the NGU releasing the colonies and a restructuring of the SCO. The SCO also had issues with one of its members, Kohlneas, who was determined "too dangerous" due to ambitious expansion in Africa.
The third major faction is the Kaiserbund. The Kaiserbund was formed between the Nationalist Gold Union and Vanavoy after monarchists and reactionaries prevailed superior in both nations' civil wars. While Vanavoy has been re-arming it's borders with Noxtrem, the NGU has adopted a pro-American doctrine for the Kaiserbund which resulted in the majority of American nations joining. The Kaiserbund's goals and stated purposes have been considered backwards and controversial, but it hasn't failed to gather a large amount of members. The Kaiserbund has recently had issues with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization after the American nation of Alorn joined the SCO. The Kaiserbund put troops along the Alornian border, which has sparked a diplomatic crisis that has yet to be resolved...
This new generation of international affairs has created a situation that would make the next one even more dangerous...
Noxtrem and Vanavoy are two predominantly Germanic states in Western Europe, whose borders have met along the Rhine River for hundreds of years. During the span of those centuries, there have been territorial wars fought along the Rhine to annex key strategic masses of land along the river.
These territorial wars were generally agitated by the Noxtremians against the Vanavoians, and the Vanavoians generally came out on the losing side. Over the course of these Rhine wars, the nation of Vanavoy lost heaps of land to the ever-growing Noxtremian armies.
One of the results of these Rhine wars was the occupation of nations that weren’t culturally tied to their occupier, such as the Dutch (who were occupied by the Noxtremians). This resulted in separatist movements, which were faced with police crackdowns. These crackdowns only further angered the populations of these nations.
The year is 2021 now, and several decades have passed since the last war between Noxtrem and Vanavoy. The Vanavoians have won a civil war in which they overthrew the socialist government and replaced it with a monarchy. This new order has hinted at intentions to push their borders across the Rhine and re-foster its long-lost territories. The Noxtremians are well aware of Vanavoian intentions, and with the hundreds of Noxtremian tanks and soldiers along the river-border, it seems that any day somebody will fire a first shot.
With chauvinism and sepratism on the rise in Noxtrem, and revanchism and imperialism on the rise in Vanavoy, it seems only reasonable that the two powers will need to face off. The question is: how can these two nations have a scuttle over territory without turning it into a global conflict?
- Only members of the APSIA region are allowed to participate in this RP.
- Any RP-related secrets in Discord, telegrams, or any other medium must be disclosed when asked. No exceptions. Note that disclosed secret information cannot be used in-character by anybody except for those who know it in-character.
- Respect the events of the previous "Kundistan Question" and "Burza nad Europa" RPs. They will be canonical for this RP.
- You must use APSIA time and every post you make must include at least the date. Failure to use APSIA time will result in your post being nulled.
- No godmodding. If you think it's godmodding, it most likely is.
- You must clearly state with OOC tags when a post is not in-character.
- Weapons of mass destruction are not allowed to be deployed. If you use a WMD, you will be removed from the RP.
- If you are using a puppet, you must clearly state who the puppet belongs to. Failure to do so will result in the nulling of any posts related to that puppet and you getting removed from the RP.
- You must have an account on Discord and be on the APSIA Discord Server in order to participate in this RP.
- No unrealistic, satirical, "goofy" or "silly" posts. Keep that in the Discord or in the RMB.
- APSIA Map (PM me if you need to be on the map)
- Stats (PM McFreedomstan if you do not have stats)
- Firepower Rankings (PM McFreedomstan if you do not have a ranking)
- Economic Rankings (PM McFreedomstan if you do not have a ranking)
- APSIA Official Discord Server
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- VEDRUPOL Pact