The Right Man's Burden
The dynastic cycle has taken place, taking on the mandate of heaven we have have claimed legitimacy for ourselves in the endeavour to establish peace and harmony over these lands. A place to erect walls to keep the uncivilised out, ever growing and living walls to which only helicopters can scale. A place where the new and old collide as we seek the Faustian spirit to embrace the past and build for the future, or if we feel like it simply manifest destiny over those whom do not have our shiny guns.
Welcome all to the Right-Wing Discussion Thread (RWDT), a place where we discuss all matters appertaining to the right wing-spirit. This is the ninth instalment of the thread making it one of NS's most beloved and controversial spots to pull engage in deep discussions, at times debates, bantz ect. We ask the users to go by a dual-principle of being lenient towards the topic, but also understanding if things really get too off-topic and if necessary correct themselves.
Suggestions for improvements, changes, or additions is as always welcome.
Relevant subjects for discussion include:
- The politics, philosophies, and ideologies of the right.
- Right-wing perspectives on economics and political economy.
- News and history relevant to the political Right.
- Right-wing responses to current events.
- Right-wing perspectives on social and economic problems.
- Political, social, cultural, and economic problems and their solutions according to the political Right.
- The problems facing particular Right-wing movements or the political right in general, and how to resolve them.
Poll 2: Favourite Right-Wing Politicians? (Kauthar) - 25% voted Donald Trump
Poll 3: Favourite Right-Wing Autocrats (Unnamed Island State) - 45% voted Vladamir Putin
Poll 4: Best Right-Wing Countries (Kauthar) - Putin's Russia 21%
Poll 5: Best Right-Wing Idealogue (Legitimists)
Poll 2 Favourite Right-Wing Economic System - 31 votes for Neoliberalism
Poll 3: Favourite Right-Wing Dictator - 18 Votes Kai Shek and Pinochet
Poll 4: Favourite Right-Wing Dictator PART 2 - David Cameron 49%
Poll 5: Prominent Right-Wing NSers/Favourite Future Right-Wing Dictator - Old Tyrannia 39 votes/29%
Poll 6: Favourite Fictional Right-Wing Dictators - Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) 43 Votes/23%
Poll 1: Favourite Right-Wing Ideologies - Libertarianism/Minarchism
Poll 2: What should be the most important core value of a state ideology? Liberty 47%
Poll 2: Favourite constitutional/government models? - US 166/528 (31%)
Poll 2: If you could ensure the survival of one empire at their height, which would it be? - The Roman Empire 119/495 (24%)
No, and I have a negative opinion of it. It should remain legal. - 57 (36%)
Total Votes: 157 (Recorded 09/01/2017)
Do you advocate for monarchy?
No - 214 (53%)
Total Votes: 403
Are you a conservative?
No -141 (35%)
Total Votes: 403
If you’re looking to read something relevant to right-wing politics, consider reading some of the texts below. If you think something’s missing from this list, please post a recommendation. If you think something should be removed, please explain why.
— Thomas Hobbes. (Read Here)
- ”Two Treatises of Government”
— John Locke. (Read Here)
- ”The Protestant Work Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism.”
— Max Weber.
- ”Reflections on the Revolution in France”
— Edmund Burke. (Read Here)
- ”The Wealth Of Nations”
— Adam Smith. (Read Here)
- ”Essay on the Generative Principle of Political Constitutions and other Human Institutions”
— Joseph de Maistre. (Read Here)
- ”Rerum novarum”
— Pope Leo XIII. (Read Here)
- ”The Crisis of the Modern World”
— Rene Guenon. (Read Here)
- ”The Doctrine Of Fascism”
— Benito Mussolini. (Read Here)
- ”The Conservative Mind”
— Russell Kirk.
If you’re interested in discussing matters relating to the political left, there’s also a Left-Wing Discussion Thread.