NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED]: Central Medicinal Database Compact

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 am

Covenstone wrote:I was going to go with congratulations, but that's just me.

(I was also going to open a betting pool on how many days until it is repealed, but that seemed a little cynical and depressing. So instead milk-shakes for everyone who isn't sad!)

So that the people who suffer are not just sad, but milkshakeless? Double whammy, right there...
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Covenstone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Covenstone » Tue May 09, 2017 9:29 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Covenstone wrote:I was going to go with congratulations, but that's just me.

(I was also going to open a betting pool on how many days until it is repealed, but that seemed a little cynical and depressing. So instead milk-shakes for everyone who isn't sad!)

So that the people who suffer are not just sad, but milkshakeless? Double whammy, right there...

I think you are twisting my words, but whatever.
CP A Winters, Queen of The Witches. ("I suffer from an overwhelming surplus of diggity.")

"Every time the Goddess closes a door, she opens a window.
Which is why the Goddess is NEVER allowed in a spaceship."

The United Federation of Thetos
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Federation of Thetos » Tue May 09, 2017 5:14 pm

Covenstone wrote:
The United Federation of Thetos wrote:
Lets say that one person uses the information to treat a patient. If there is a complication, the author may then be sued. There needs to be some type of protection.

With all due respect, I think you are over thinking this. Doctors right across Covenstone routinely share information via letters, email, on line forums and journals. Not once has the author of an article ever been sued because another doctor did something wrong. If a doctor makes a mistake, it is *their* mistake.

And why should there be some kind of protection? If the author has genuinely made a mistake then why should the author not be held responsible? And if the author hasn't made a mistake, then the legal process will reveal that.

Yes I do agree that doctors and scientists alike, share information constantly with little to no harm being done. I am concerned mostly about the doctors in the "Father Knows Best" nations (no offense) where people get unfair or absolutely no trials. Doctors can start pointing at one another for the sh*t they do.

Considering this passed, I am going to leave this alone. Anyways that's just my opinion.

[end debate]
"Screw your political parties!" - Thetos
Yes you can quote me on that...

Politics:
  1. Independent (NPA)
  2. Political Parties cause too much trouble
  3. The Education System needs to be changed (especially Florida's Curriculum)
  4. Standardized Testing proves nothing... except for the ACT and SAT
  5. Couldn't care less what party you are from as long as you can debate your beliefs.
  6. ISIS could have done better
  7. Pro-Renewable Energy
  8. Pro-Limited Use of Firearms
  9. People should be equal... (not an extremist, don't worry.)
  10. America sometimes needs to chill out
  11. Not gay myself but people can do what they want to do (as long it complies with the law.)
  12. A FUNCTIONING DEMOCRACY is always important
  13. The UN doesn't do crap
Holy crap this is long...

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 am

Wallenburg wrote:World Assembly Central Medicinal Database Compact was passed 14,370 votes to 3,837.

So Strangers' Bar drinks are on Xerox Prime's ambassador's tab! Something good coming out of this...
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Covenstone
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Covenstone » Wed May 10, 2017 5:05 am

The United Federation of Thetos wrote:
Covenstone wrote:
With all due respect, I think you are over thinking this. Doctors right across Covenstone routinely share information via letters, email, on line forums and journals. Not once has the author of an article ever been sued because another doctor did something wrong. If a doctor makes a mistake, it is *their* mistake.

And why should there be some kind of protection? If the author has genuinely made a mistake then why should the author not be held responsible? And if the author hasn't made a mistake, then the legal process will reveal that.

Yes I do agree that doctors and scientists alike, share information constantly with little to no harm being done. I am concerned mostly about the doctors in the "Father Knows Best" nations (no offense) where people get unfair or absolutely no trials. Doctors can start pointing at one another for the sh*t they do.

Considering this passed, I am going to leave this alone. Anyways that's just my opinion.

[end debate]

While I accept you might not answer this, I do feel compelled to point out that, with or without this resolution, that is going to go on anyway. If someone isn't going to get a fair trial (which under WA law I am pretty sure is illegal) in a given nation, then repealing this won't ensure they get a fair trial for screwing up a procedure!
CP A Winters, Queen of The Witches. ("I suffer from an overwhelming surplus of diggity.")

"Every time the Goddess closes a door, she opens a window.
Which is why the Goddess is NEVER allowed in a spaceship."

Previous

Return to WA Archives