NATION

PASSWORD

A New Reaction, A Dark Light Shines MT OOC Sign up

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Donepuleopia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

A New Reaction, A Dark Light Shines MT OOC Sign up

Postby Donepuleopia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 am

The basic idea is that the Donepuleopian Republic has taken a sharp turn to the left, leading to a civil war. For three years the war has been carried on, with the government try to keep it limited. The rebel success has reached a point where that is no longer possible.

The focus of the government on social justice and human rights issues was originally popular, but now is losing favor. However, the neglect in areas such as security has created a real problem.

Government revenues are down, not only because the economy is in bad shape, but the civil war has encouraged many to refuse to pay. Without outside help the government will fall in a few more years, or less.

Many who supported the government out of a desire for stability are beginning to see the rebels as more likely to provide stability. The rebels are aware of this as they begin to set up a government within their own territory.

Both sides are seeking foreign assistance and the humanitarian situation is getting worse as rebels attack more cities. Other nations may seek to use their pocket books to buy influence or alleviate the human suffering.

There are also calls for peace talks.
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=406483&p=31375265#p31375265

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am

Tag, just saw this after I replied to your comment in thr RP Discussion thread haha.

So what is going to happen with this conflict moving forward? What are you looking for as far as outside nations?
Last edited by Achesia on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donepuleopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Donepuleopia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 am

My plan is for the rebels to keep winning as the government declares martial law. I expect other countries to interfere, similar to how RL countries behave. With both overt and covert actions with conflicting goals and a varying degrees of reluctance for direct involvement.

Naturally, outside interference will have a big influence on the outcome.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:39 am

Donepuleopia wrote:My plan is for the rebels to keep winning as the government declares martial law. I expect other countries to interfere, similar to how RL countries behave. With both overt and covert actions with conflicting goals and a varying degrees of reluctance for direct involvement.

Naturally, outside interference will have a big influence on the outcome.

Right all that's a given. But how are the rebels going about winning? Who do you want outside forces to support? What sort of events do you want to happen? Who do you want to win?

Donepuleopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Donepuleopia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:20 am

I imagine it unfolding like this. Some nations support the rebels, others support the government. They start out by sending money and then weapons, and finally military advisors. There would be a simultaneous effort to start peace talks, but they won't be successful.

Eventually one side sends in peacekeepers. However by this time the government will be too weak to stand on it's own. This time peace talks will start with the goal of creating a new government, in which the rebels take part.

Countries will choose which side to support based on their politics. Left wing governments will more likely support the government, and the right wing the rebels.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Donepuleopia wrote:I imagine it unfolding like this. Some nations support the rebels, others support the government. They start out by sending money and then weapons, and finally military advisors. There would be a simultaneous effort to start peace talks, but they won't be successful.

Eventually one side sends in peacekeepers. However by this time the government will be too weak to stand on it's own. This time peace talks will start with the goal of creating a new government, in which the rebels take part.

Countries will choose which side to support based on their politics. Left wing governments will more likely support the government, and the right wing the rebels.

So the rebels are the right wing ones? what sort of government is your nation compared to what rebels want it to become?
Last edited by Achesia on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donepuleopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Donepuleopia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:04 am

It is a hard left democracy. The governing party's top priority is social justice and recently established a Court of Human Rights. The court is concerned not so much with legal interpretation, but establishing human rights. The court can invalidate laws that violate human rights or mandate the Senate write new laws to protect rights. The Senate and President are elected, but certain parties are banned, and there are reserved seats for minorities and women.

The rebels have a mix of far right beliefs. The leaders are mostly influenced by Neoreactionary, which views all political reforms since the French Revolution, at best useless. They believe liberal democracy to be fundamentally flawed. They are post capitalist, autocratic, and anti-populist. Proposed government systems vary from hereditary monarchy to selling stock in the government, allowing stockholders to vote.

Their propaganda technique, mainly has consisted of discredited the government and getting it to betray its values. The government argues that government legitimacy comes from the people, but also believes that the government has strict ethics that must guide it.

The rebels argue, that the best government is one that is efficient and provides stability, security and prosperity.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am

Donepuleopia wrote:It is a hard left democracy. The governing party's top priority is social justice and recently established a Court of Human Rights. The court is concerned not so much with legal interpretation, but establishing human rights. The court can invalidate laws that violate human rights or mandate the Senate write new laws to protect rights. The Senate and President are elected, but certain parties are banned, and there are reserved seats for minorities and women.

The rebels have a mix of far right beliefs. The leaders are mostly influenced by Neoreactionary, which views all political reforms since the French Revolution, at best useless. They believe liberal democracy to be fundamentally flawed. They are post capitalist, autocratic, and anti-populist. Proposed government systems vary from hereditary monarchy to selling stock in the government, allowing stockholders to vote.

Their propaganda technique, mainly has consisted of discredited the government and getting it to betray its values. The government argues that government legitimacy comes from the people, but also believes that the government has strict ethics that must guide it.

The rebels argue, that the best government is one that is efficient and provides stability, security and prosperity.

Oh nice, so Monarchists. I can back them, my nation is a Monarchy and heavily supports other Monarchy's across the globe. So we could support these rebels with advisors, arms, and even militarily if you would like.

Is there a monarch they are trying to bring to power? Or has one mot been chosen yet?

Who do you want to win in the end?
Last edited by Achesia on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gebeta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 am

Id be interested in this. Supporting the government as I dont see a legit reason as to why the rebels are acting the way they are.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 am

Gebeta wrote:Id be interested in this. Supporting the government as I dont see a legit reason as to why the rebels are acting the way they are.

Are you MT or PMT?

Gebeta
Ambassador

Postby Gebeta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Achesia wrote:
Gebeta wrote:Id be interested in this. Supporting the government as I dont see a legit reason as to why the rebels are acting the way they are.

Are you MT or PMT?

I rp my nation Tech wise as needed by the rp. So for this MT.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
Inter system capable
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Gebeta wrote:
Achesia wrote:
Are you MT or PMT?

I rp my nation Tech wise as needed by the rp. So for this MT.

Gotcha haha

Gebeta
Ambassador

Postby Gebeta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Achesia wrote:
Gebeta wrote:I rp my nation Tech wise as needed by the rp. So for this MT.

Gotcha haha

Its cool. I know my sig says im PMT, and that happens to be my main. But I find myself rping anything that interests me,
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
Inter system capable
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Donepuleopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Donepuleopia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Okay, you are both welcome to post on the IC thread:

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=406477

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 am

Achesia wrote:
Donepuleopia wrote:It is a hard left democracy. The governing party's top priority is social justice and recently established a Court of Human Rights. The court is concerned not so much with legal interpretation, but establishing human rights. The court can invalidate laws that violate human rights or mandate the Senate write new laws to protect rights. The Senate and President are elected, but certain parties are banned, and there are reserved seats for minorities and women.

Oh nice, so Monarchists. I can back them, my nation is a Monarchy and heavily supports other Monarchy's across the globe. So we could support these rebels with advisors, arms, and even militarily if you would like.

Is there a monarch they are trying to bring to power? Or has one mot been chosen yet?

Who do you want to win in the end?

Did you see these questions?

Perhaps I have been secretly backing/funding these rebels to overthrow your government and install a Monarchy? Who would the Monarch be? In the end who do you want to win?
Last edited by Achesia on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donepuleopia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Donepuleopia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:36 am

I forgot to answer the question about the monarchy. There is no candidate at the moment. The rebels are themselves divided, only united in the war. If they were to win tomorrow, they wouldn't know how to rule. They are just now controlling enough territory where they have to create their own government.

Of course, if your nation was providing support then, that would give your nation a lot of influence.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 am

Donepuleopia wrote:I forgot to answer the question about the monarchy. There is no candidate at the moment. The rebels are themselves divided, only united in the war. If they were to win tomorrow, they wouldn't know how to rule. They are just now controlling enough territory where they have to create their own government.

Of course, if your nation was providing support then, that would give your nation a lot of influence.

Do you mind if I partially controled the rebels? Sort of united the factions and supported them through money and arms, and eventually as they organize actual military support? Perhaps I aide in selecting who they see as their monarch as well?

Do you want them to win in the end?

Impireacht
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

Impireacht will start by simply supplying the rebels with equipment. Our intention in the war is ultimately to help the rebels win, but to then cause their collapse (expect plenty of Impirean Intelligence agents in the RP). After this, our hope is that the state will devolve into a state of anarchy with the lack of any central government, and we will be able to lay claim to some of what is left of the nation(s) in order to restore order and rebuild society as according to our own political ideals.

(Old Impireacht would have helped the government, but we've had a major red scare over the past year or so, fueled by many cold-war like conflicts with far-left nations, so at this point we won't really support anything left of 5.0 economic rating on the political compass...)

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:45 am

Impireacht wrote:Impireacht will start by simply supplying the rebels with equipment. Our intention in the war is ultimately to help the rebels win, but to then cause their collapse (expect plenty of Impirean Intelligence agents in the RP). After this, our hope is that the state will devolve into a state of anarchy with the lack of any central government, and we will be able to lay claim to some of what is left of the nation(s) in order to restore order and rebuild society as according to our own political ideals.

(Old Impireacht would have helped the government, but we've had a major red scare over the past year or so, fueled by many cold-war like conflicts with far-left nations, so at this point we won't really support anything left of 5.0 economic rating on the political compass...)

I already have the role of supplying/aiding and militarily supporting the rebels. They would be Achesian backed meant to install a Monarchy.
Last edited by Achesia on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impireacht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 am

Achesia wrote:
Impireacht wrote:Impireacht will start by simply supplying the rebels with equipment. Our intention in the war is ultimately to help the rebels win, but to then cause their collapse (expect plenty of Impirean Intelligence agents in the RP). After this, our hope is that the state will devolve into a state of anarchy with the lack of any central government, and we will be able to lay claim to some of what is left of the nation(s) in order to restore order and rebuild society as according to our own political ideals.

I already have the role of supplying/aiding and militarily supporting the rebels. They would be Achesian backed meant to install a Monarchy.

You realize there can be more than one faction supporting the rebels, right? Especially when there are multiple factions of rebels... if our aid to the rebels angers you, you're welcome to come and settle your grievances on the battlefield. Otherwise, consider me a third faction.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 am

Impireacht wrote:
Achesia wrote:

You realize there can be more than one faction supporting the rebels, right? Especially when there are multiple factions of rebels... if our aid to the rebels angers you, you're welcome to come and settle your grievances on the battlefield. Otherwise, consider me a third faction.

Yes however as I recommended to the OP that my role would be that of uniting the rebels. I suppose your idea would fit into that, however I will wait to see what he has to say.

And no I do not start IC conflicts for OOC reasons, it is bad ettiequte.
Last edited by Achesia on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impireacht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 am

Achesia wrote:
Impireacht wrote:

Yes however as I recommended to the OP that my role would be that of uniting the rebels. I suppose your idea would fit into that, however I will wait to see what he has to say.

Well, I meant ICly if your government sees our support as an attempt to undermine your efforts, you could always start a conflict.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:02 am

Impireacht wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Well, I meant ICly if your government sees our support as an attempt to undermine your efforts, you could always start a conflict.

True, I think if anything the measured response would be for me to just deal with your rebels rather than making direct conflict with your nation.

Gebeta
Ambassador

Postby Gebeta » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am

Just to make it clear, Gebeta is supporting the Government at the moment.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
Inter system capable
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4