NATION

PASSWORD

Into the New World [OOC/OPEN/ALT HISTORY][CN SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

How should we allow new people into the RP?

Just Allow Random People
67%
Invite specific people
11%
Keep it exclusive with the occasional exception
6%
Idk fam, that's your problem
17%

Total votes : 18

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Into the New World [OOC/OPEN/ALT HISTORY][CN SPONSORED]

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 am

World of Empires and Kings

It's alsmost been a Millennia since the fall of Rome, and her place is being taken. Countries have just survived the Mongol horde, but now that it's over, the world starts focusing on other things. Rivalries will form over spilt blood, and Nations will ride into battle to claim dominance.

Who could have known the fate of so many are being decided now? The Crusades had been more successful than our Timeline, so the Mongol horde was stopped in the Middle East, but went farther into Europe. The Mongols also brought something else in their conquered. Gunpowder.

The Inventors of Europe are much more intuitive in this Timeline, so when the French and English armies rode against one another, the French had surprises that held the English Armies back, though there is still much to be done on this war.

Europe is divided as ever, and even though the French as cunning as they are Smart, the English used their own devices to the advantage, the Long Bow being a very dangerous tool in their hands. Though Europe isn't the only place of interest.

The Japanese have reached the Americas, and have gone about conquests and did battle with the Maya's. Though their numbers were few, they had something much Deadlier that Japanese Arms and bravery. They brought pestilence, making the Mayan Empire kneel, though not killed, and bringing death through the plague to the entirety of the Americas. The Maya's hurry to recover, though it may be a while.

While they are the first, the Japanese won't be the last to step foot on the American continents. Not by a long shot. With technology abounding in Europe, the French Navy is testing new designs, not to only end the war. They also need to make way to India, and with these new designs, one man will chose to go across the Atlantic, and bring European civilization to the Americas.

Whoever claims power, they must be ready to back up that claim. This will be no easy task unfortunately, so I ask you a question. Who here can best even the Romans?

Every RL day = 6 months IC

1353 July

Code: Select all
[b] NS Nation:[/b]

[b]IC Nation[/b]

[b]Territory. (Picture if possible):[/b]

[b]Leader:[/b]

[b]Capital City[/b]

[b]Population:[/b]

[b]Culture:[/b]

[b]National History:[/b]

[b]Flag(optional):[/b]

[b]Military: (You need to answer some questions before we decide this)[/b]

Government Type:
Tribal
Feudal
Republic

Continent:
Eurasia
Africa
Americas

Unity:
United
Somewhat United
Disunited

People Group:
Caucasian/East Asian
Steppes/Arab/Indian
African/American

Military Strength:
Lots of funds and weapons
Some funds and weapons
Few funds and weapons

National Ideology:
Militaristic
Scientific/Artistic
Unfocused/Survival

Rules:
1: Obey the OP and CO-OPs word as law.
2: No God Modding.
3: No being a dick.
4: Ask the OP or CO-OP if you're questioning if you want to do something, but you're not sure.
5: Two Paragraphs at least per IC post.
6: I'm lenient on the OOC, but try to use appropriate Grammar on the IC.

Reserved Nations: The ones from the Last Thread. You guys better post you

The Map.

First Thread if you want History

Post your App here after you're accepted.

IC

OP: Apror
Co-Op: Nuverikstan, Nanciviana, the Republic of Varra
Last edited by Apror on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 18 times in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:46 am

Taggity. Glorious French Reich Empire.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:51 am

NS Nation Name: Apror

IC Nation: The Kingdom of France

Territory (picture if possible): Modern Day France, parts of Belgium and Italy, along with Corsica.

Leader: King Charles VI

Population: 15.5 Million(Paris, 175,000 people)

Military:
Total Standing Army: 855,000

Army:800,000

Naval Forces: 55,000

Naval Forces:
100 Men Per Ship. 55,000 Troops: 550 War Galleys, or other ships in Service.

Army:
Swords Men: 750,000 soldiers

https://forums.wesnoth.org/download/file.php?id=45210

Knights of the King: 30,000 Riders

http://general-history.com/wp-content/u ... ights1.jpg

Archers: 5,000 Bowmen

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-45VT5KpRmis/U ... Archer.jpg

Artillery:
124 Small 'Marauder' Cannons
69 Siege Cannons
15,000 Culveniers

Language: French

National Religion: Catholicism

Culture: It's one of advancement. Due to the conquest of Rome, and toppling of Rome, the Franks have a society almost flavored with the Romans. Of course, there are distinct differences. However, it is an Empire that seeks to spread like that of the Romans.

Flag:http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/totalwar-ar/images/f/fe/Flag_of_Louisiana.png/revision/latest?cb=20120905151729

National History: The Frankish Empire dealt the final blow to the cowardly Romans, and took the old Empire’s treasures to help itself. Made of United European tribes, it marched on Rome, then formed its own Kingdom. Due to resilient resistance by the remaining Romans, and the urge for peace by the Pope, the South of the Italian Peninsula was spared. Just in time to save them to, for the King of the Franks was marching a 500,000 strong army to deal with the Romans, but a devout Catholics, spared them by the words of the Pope.

A kingdom that turned Empire. It conquered lands in France, Germany, and even Northern Italy. It's seeking to spread its Influence to it's Germanic neighbors, through use of gifts, religion, and at times the sword.

The Kingdom, using its knowledge from the old Empire, through kidnaped builders, engineers, scientists, and the sort, they had them teach the Franks their ways, and how to do such things, and went about making their own cities great. Their own armies mighty, organized, and sporting its own deadly weaponry.

It's a fearsome Military force, and only getting more deadly. The soldiers of this Empire are arguably the best equipped in Western Europe, and on the way to conquest. The Frankish Navy for instance is the biggest of all its neighbors, and only true rival the Byzantine.

The Nation is ruled by a family of warriors, who each expand the Nations borders in their own time of their lives. In the past, the Empire refrained from making Alliances, but is willing to make temporary ones. Now, its more willing to make permanent, more or less, alliances with other Nations, and strike down those who stand in their way.

The Fall of the Empire, and Rise of France

In the year 850, the Kings of the Frankish Empire had died, leaving his Empire. Unfortunately, with no clearly established heir, the 5 sons of the dead king began fighting for control, and soon they began carving out their factions, and different parts of the Empire.

In the year 858, the brothers ended the long standing Empire, but hoped to make their own kingdoms grow. So, the Frankish civil war began, and these brothers led their armies into battle against each other, and formed their battle lines.

One Brother came out relatively victorious, as far as that could be. His name was King Charles, the first monarch of France, and he was quite the man. He never conquered the full extent of the former glorious empire, but he managed to make a good portion of his conquests count. He was able to take back the city of his youth, and former Imperial capital, Paris.

Though, that was not enough. He and his future sons began more conquests, bringing the Kingdom to its current glory in 1350. The Kingdom is hungry, and looks in multiple directions, but abides it's time solving internal issues, however the Kingdom still felt it's entitlement to former Frankish lands.

It was the basic successor state, holding relative amounts of power, and the most powerful of all the states coming out of the ashes of the Frankish Empire. It retained the Frankish navy for one, which it built upon, and replaced, and improved.

King Charles the 4th rules the French people now, and the times ahead were unsure in some aspects, but their path would be paved through blood and tears. The English hade invaded 30 years earlier, claiming sovereignty, catching the French off guard, and the Long Bow had been a deadly force, but this has come to multiple things.

First,the use of Calvary had been changed, with a focus on Infrantry than Calvary, with brave French knight not to be used except in surprise attacks. The Infrantry, under the Kings reforms, were made into an official army. The King has been since the disastrous defeats of the beginning of the war began centralization of his authority in Paris, so that meant multiple things. First, soldiers began to more and more be under his commands than local rulers. The way those armies fought were also changing. The biggest difference was then fundamental changing of the French army into a professional one.

Not to mention the rapid advances of Gun Powder weapons, which due to a variety of things, including French experience with crafting Cannons, it was looking to be very effective. They were also easier to use, meaning if a Peasent willing to fight was given a Culvenir, and taught to use it, the numbers of men depolyable into battle was vastly increased.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:05 am

Hi.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:05 am

Chewion wrote:Hi.

Hello.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 am

I'll repost the app but I assume I will be accepted.
Political alignment: (0,0)

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 am

I'll repost my app later with population adjusted.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 am

I'll get an app up in a bit, for the Hunnic States.
Myers Briggs: ENTP-A
8values: N/A

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 am

Good to here.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Republic Of Varra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Varra » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 am

Apror wrote:Good to here.

*hear
Political alignment: (0,0)

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:29 am

Alright guys, the Huns' first act of business, will be to invade Syria and Jordan, does anyone object?

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:34 am

Nuverikstan wrote:Alright guys, the Huns' first act of business, will be to invade Syria and Jordan, does anyone object?

I object if the thing you do after that involves anything with Antarctica or Dutch Rebels.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 am

Nuverikstan wrote:Alright guys, the Huns' first act of business, will be to invade Syria and Jordan, does anyone object?

Nope

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 am

Hey, France is practically on friendly terms, if not Allies with the Huns right?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:08 am

Apror wrote:Hey, France is practically on friendly terms, if not Allies with the Huns right?

I guess they are.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am

Nuverikstan wrote:
Apror wrote:Hey, France is practically on friendly terms, if not Allies with the Huns right?

I guess they are.

Hmmm. Maybe you can give us some aid of some sort during the war against England. Or maybe more accurately teach anyone who tries to interfere a lesson. I'll find a way to make Joan queen, though not through the Hundred Year war.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 am

Apror wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:I guess they are.

Hmmm. Maybe you can give us some aid of some sort during the war against England. Or maybe more accurately teach anyone who tries to interfere a lesson. I'll find a way to make Joan queen, though not through the Hundred Year war.

She's a peasant girl with no land to her name. If the war is over early, she will never gain prominence. Even if a peasant girl did come to power, it would make no sense, because the war was ended early. I guess the European Huns could assist you in your war, but I do not know how they will get to you. Venice may be eyeing you land and an HRE member is fighting you. I will not attack the HRE, but I might help, if Venice attacks.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 am

Nuverikstan wrote:
Apror wrote:Hmmm. Maybe you can give us some aid of some sort during the war against England. Or maybe more accurately teach anyone who tries to interfere a lesson. I'll find a way to make Joan queen, though not through the Hundred Year war.

She's a peasant girl with no land to her name. If the war is over early, she will never gain prominence. Even if a peasant girl did come to power, it would make no sense, because the war was ended early. I guess the European Huns could assist you in your war, but I do not know how they will get to you. Venice may be eyeing you land and an HRE member is fighting you. I will not attack the HRE, but I might help, if Venice attacks.

I was thinking Venice. Also, I was thinking of doing some small rebbelion, or something I could arrange where she either married a King, or crushed a rebellion or what not.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 am

Apror wrote:
Nuverikstan wrote:She's a peasant girl with no land to her name. If the war is over early, she will never gain prominence. Even if a peasant girl did come to power, it would make no sense, because the war was ended early. I guess the European Huns could assist you in your war, but I do not know how they will get to you. Venice may be eyeing you land and an HRE member is fighting you. I will not attack the HRE, but I might help, if Venice attacks.

I was thinking Venice. Also, I was thinking of doing some small rebbelion, or something I could arrange where she either married a King, or crushed a rebellion or what not.

Then she would just be, Joan, the lady who crushed a small rebellion. See what I mean? If you still want her to rise to prominence, you will have to let the English beat you to a pulp.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:40 am

Nuverikstan wrote:
Apror wrote:I was thinking Venice. Also, I was thinking of doing some small rebbelion, or something I could arrange where she either married a King, or crushed a rebellion or what not.

Then she would just be, Joan, the lady who crushed a small rebellion. See what I mean? If you still want her to rise to prominence, you will have to let the English beat you to a pulp.

We could give her s small army, then let her gain prominence through different campaigns. What if we were winning for the most part, but in the years before Joan was born, France suffered a disastrous defeat, but France came back when she rose to prominence.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 am

I just realized I want the Holy Land as a Vassal/ Territory.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:58 am

Tag
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 am

Pimps Inc wrote:Tag

Any clue who you want to be?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Tag

HRE and Papacy are open.

Nuverikstan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuverikstan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Apror wrote:I just realized I want the Holy Land as a Vassal/ Territory.

I guess that makes senses. They were French Crusader States, after all.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse