NATION

PASSWORD

The Roman Empire

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:For real though, malicious quote editing really is against the rules. No need to stoop to that level.

Small correction, malicious quote editing without making it obvious what the original text was is against the rules :p

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:41 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:For real though, malicious quote editing really is against the rules. No need to stoop to that level.

Quote editing is allowed if you make it clear it was edited - once again rule violations need to be reported in moderation
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Maksao
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Maksao » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:49 pm

One has to wonder why you are all giving such a supposedly bad org so much free publicity

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Maksao wrote:One has to wonder why you are all giving such a supposedly bad org so much free publicity

Better than letting them run amok.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Maksao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Maksao » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Maksao wrote:One has to wonder why you are all giving such a supposedly bad org so much free publicity

Better than letting them run amok.

Im not saying dont defend against them but posting in the thread is just free publicity

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:59 pm

Maksao wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Better than letting them run amok.

Im not saying dont defend against them but posting in the thread is just free publicity

It really isn't, this thread doesn't drive recruitment whatsoever
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:01 pm

They don't recruit through NSGP; they use stamps like every UCR org out there.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Maksao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Maksao » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Blood Wine wrote:It really isn't, this thread doesn't drive recruitment whatsoever

Jar Wattinree wrote:They don't recruit through NSGP; they use stamps like every UCR org out there.

Thank you i know how it works but there is nothing a raider region loves more than having their thread on the first page of the gameplay forum

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Maksao wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:It really isn't, this thread doesn't drive recruitment whatsoever

Jar Wattinree wrote:They don't recruit through NSGP; they use stamps like every UCR org out there.

Thank you i know how it works but there is nothing a raider region loves more than having their thread on the first page of the gameplay forum

Also not 100% accurate - i doubt they like being called out on their terrible actions

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Maksao wrote:

Also not 100% accurate - i doubt they like being called out on their terrible actions

TRE has been quite quiet in this thread, most of the posts are from outsiders because of the recent scandal.

(Disclaimer: I don't support what the leadership of TRE said, and really wonder how they still can get nations to join their cause.)
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

TRE has been quite quiet in this thread, most of the posts are from outsiders because of the recent scandal.

(Disclaimer: I don't support what the leadership of TRE said, and really wonder how they still can get nations to join their cause.)

Money, and not telling newcomers of what they've done/passing it off as jokes

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Maksao wrote:

Hm. A nation in the same region that Chelvo is apparently an RO in, defending TRE? Go figure.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Maksao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Maksao » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:21 am

Blood Wine wrote:Also not 100% accurate - i doubt they like being called out on their terrible actions

Terrible is subjective

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Hm. A nation in the same region that Chelvo is apparently an RO in, defending TRE? Go figure.

I would not say im defending them. We obviously have different views on gameplay so that might be why

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Maksao wrote:I would not say im defending them. We obviously have different views on gameplay so that might be why

Only view I hold here is that the statements of the TRE leadership are morally reprehensible (read as: fucking disgusting) and they deserve to be called out at every opportunity for it.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Maksao
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Maksao » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:11 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Only view I hold here is that the statements of the TRE leadership are morally reprehensible (read as: fucking disgusting) and they deserve to be called out at every opportunity for it.

And you are free to continue doing so for as long as you may wish. All im saying it that posting in the thread helps them so its rather silly for you all to continue doing so.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Maksao wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:Only view I hold here is that the statements of the TRE leadership are morally reprehensible (read as: fucking disgusting) and they deserve to be called out at every opportunity for it.

And you are free to continue doing so for as long as you may wish. All im saying it that posting in the thread helps them so its rather silly for you all to continue doing so.

Not if the seventeen or so replies to every one of TRE's reports is not congratulatory or praise-heaping but rather condemnations of an event one must click back a page or three to find the reason for. Your average Joe does not read GP threads looking to support the underdog, nor does your average nation read GP threads looking for a good place to be. On the off chance that someone is looking for a region, they'll quickly steer clear of TRE if they glance through its thread and find condemnation of everything it does. People may dislike orgs for In Character reasons, and folk may support these orgs in spite of IC failings, but when everybody OOC dislikes an org, you quickly discover where the line is drawn.

You're free to try and stand up for them, but it's your one, lone voice against seventeen others.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:06 am

Maksao wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:Also not 100% accurate - i doubt they like being called out on their terrible actions

Terrible is subjective

No, transphobia is pretty objectively terrible

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Blood Wine wrote:
Maksao wrote:Terrible is subjective

This.

And that is only some of the logs. I have only seen someone paraphrase it onsite (I haven't got a screenshot yet, anyone TG me it?), and the stuff described would probably be a DEAT/DOS if it was onsite.
Advocacy of death is terrible.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

This.

And that is only some of the logs. I have only seen someone paraphrase it onsite (I haven't got a screenshot yet, anyone TG me it?), and the stuff described would probably be a DEAT/DOS if it was onsite.

Several of the people involved who were blacklisted were already modsmacked for the Predator scandal (cannot call them out specifically though) so while I cannot speak for the mods, it's probable that none of them would still be allowed on this game if the evidence that got them blacklisted was admissible.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Indo-Malaysia wrote:
Blood Wine wrote:

This.

Sending the evidence via on-site avenues would result in a warning for defamation. Try Discord.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:This.

Sending the evidence via on-site avenues would result in a warning for defamation. Try Discord.

I have seen'em now.

I do think some moderation rules need to be changed, because the stuff Fest and Plagentine have said is pretty fucking disgusting.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay