Isles Religious Convention; also known as Marpha Town Religious Conference is an international event with ambitions of creating an Isles-wide dialogue of faiths prevalent and existent in the Isles nations and ethnic groups. The Isles Religious Convention is supposed to become the largest and most inclusive gathering of all faiths and traditions of the Western Isles.
What: Isles Religious Convention or Marpha Town Religious Conference
Where: Conference Hall, Marpha Town, Akar and Thakali Island
By: Athara Magarati Ministry of Culture and Tourism and Athara Magarat National Council of Ethnic Groups in Association with the Government and Citizens of Akar and Thakali Island
Cost: $200 and $100 for Students
Who Should Attend?
- Those who are concerned about war, terrorism, and hatred.
- Those who care for creation and are worried about climate change.
- Those who are troubled by the widening wealth gap and wasteful consumption.
- And finally care for religions and nations working together in harmony for the good of humanity.
- Training in dialogue, interfaith activism, fundraising, and organizing.
- Religious music, films, exhibits and performances from all over the Isles.
- Shopping for ethnic, international, and religious books and goods.
Have live experience in a religious meeting as religious leaders discuss and share their faiths with others, point out the differences and similarities, encourage interfaith interactions and guide humanity on issue of war and violence, climate change, and wealth disparity, etc to name a few.
Participants are highly encouraged to share your faith, listen to others and ask questions in break-out sessions and circles.