NATION

PASSWORD

The Lord of the Rings: The New Age [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Lord of the Rings: The New Age [OOC|Open]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:28 pm

The Lord of the Rings: The New Age

In Character Thread

Of the march of the host of the Valar to the north of Middle-earth little is said in any tale; for among them went none of those Elves who had dwelt and suffered in the Hither Lands, and who made the histories of those days that still are known; and tidings of these things they only learned long afterwards from their kinsfolk in Aman. But at the last the might of Valinor came up out of the West, and the challenge of the trumpets of Eonwe filled the sky; and Beleriand was ablaze with the glory of their arms, for the host of the Valar were arrayed in forms young and fair and terrible, and the mountains rang beneath their feet.

The meeting of the hosts of the West and of the North is named the Great Battle, and the War of Wrath. There was marshalled the whole power of the Throne of Morgoth, and it had become great beyond count, so that Anfauglith could not contain it; and all the North was aflame with war.

Before the rising of the sun Earendil slew Ancalagon the Black, the mightiest of the dragon-host, and cast him from the sky; and he fell upon the towers of Thangorodrim, and they were broken in his ruin. Then the sun rose, and the host of the Valar prevailed, and well-nigh all the dragons were destroyed; and all the pits of Morgoth were broken and unroofed, and the might of the Valar descended into the deeps of the earth. There Morgoth stood at last at bay, and yet unvaliant. He fled into the deepest of his mines, and sued for peace and pardon; but his feet were hewn from under him, and he was hurled upon his face. Then he was bound with the chain Angainor which he had worn aforetime, and his iron crown they beat into a collar for his neck, and his head was bowed upon his knees. And the two Silmarils which remained to Morgoth were taken from his crown, and they shone unsullied beneath the sky; and Eonwe took them, and guarded them.

Thus an end was made of the power of Angband in the North, and' the evil realm was brought to naught; and out of the deep prisons a multitude of slaves came forth beyond all hope into the light of day, and they looked upon a world that was changed. For so great was the fury of those adversaries that the northern regions of the western world were rent asunder, and the sea roared in through many chasms, and there was confusion and great noise; and rivers perished or found new paths, and the valleys were upheaved and the hills trod down; and Sirion was no more.

Morgoth himself the Valar thrust through the Door of Night beyond the Walls of the World, into the Timeless Void; and a guard is set for ever on those walls, and Earendil keeps watch upon the ramparts of the sky. Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. Here ends the SILMARILLION. If it has passed from the high and the beautiful to darkness and ruin, that was of old the fate of Arda Marred; and if any change shall come and the Marring be amended, Manwe and Varda may know; but they have not revealed it, and it is not declared in the dooms of Mandos.

Beleriand is no more. Vanished forever is Doriath, and fair Gondolin, and the homes of the Dwarf-fathers in the Blue Mountains, the Marches of Maehdros, even Angband and all her delvings. In to the Utter West have returned the kindred of the Elves that would return to Aman, the Blessed Realm, and for their suffering in the war with the Great Enemy the Edain have been granted solace of a sort, the gift of the Isle of the Star that is Numenor, a place where they may forget a part of the pain of the circles of Arda.

But this is not their tale. Beleriand is no more, but Middle-Earth was always far greater than just the vale between the Sundering Seas and the Blue Mountains. Of the stories of the men who came after the War of Wrath this tale now speaks, of the sons of Uldor, of the Avari, of the Good Men who did not take the ships to Numenor, and the Eldar unwilling to go in to the West and abandon the lands their forefathers died for. There is still beauty in Middle-Earth, beauty and in places evil. The servants of Morgoth are scattered, true, but they are not gone, and the malice of his spirit lives on.

Tolkien told us of few things of the Second Age, of the centuries following the War of Wrath, of the heroes and battles and the rebuilding of a world devastated by a literal war between physical gods. The lineage of Numenor was unfailing for a thousand years ere Sauron raised the Barad-Dur and made Mordor the land of dust and ash that it was, before the coming of the wars for dominion of Middle-Earth, and the making of the Rings of Power, before the Downfall.

This is the story of those blank spaces of the histories, of the times forgotten but not unmarked by those who lived them. The First Age is over; welcome to the New Age.

Welcome, friends, to the RP. This concept has been brewing for a time, but seeks to play with a very simple concept of Tolkien's work: what happened between the War of Wrath, and the return of the Numenoreans to Middle Earth? In this light you may apply to write a faction, a ruler of men, or orcs, or even the Fair Folk that remained in Arda. Or you may choose for yourself a character in the sage of these times, great or small as you see fit, and spin us a new tale of them being swept out of their doors to distant lands and wondrous times. Threads of a plot have already been woven in secret, but those shall be kept quiet for a time, to be touched to the fabric as their spinning is needed. If this concept interests you, feel free to join us. A simple application follows hereafter, so all of the writers are on the same page. The year is SA 80, and new stories are just beginning.

Code: Select all
Character Application
Name:
Faction Allegiance:
Biography:
Physical Description:
Starting Location:

Code: Select all
Faction Application
Name:
Alignment:
History:
Forces:
Current Holdings:

Dramatis Personae

Yhrom the Breathless | Fire Drake | Elerian
Nargun | Half-Dwarf | Dwalin
Oldhin | Elf | Krugmar
Culrhien | Elf | Krugmar
Sainmor | Possessed Man | Damverland
Frerin Firebeard | Dwarf | Rodez
King Aefulwine | Man | Holy Lykos

Kingdoms and Warbands

Khazad-Dum | Mainiacs
The Kingdom of the Northern Greenwood | Pantorrum
Clan Blackhand | Elerian
Nuln | Of the Quendi
Idhnann | Krugmar
Followers of the Silver One | Damverland
The League of the Ered Mithrin | Rodez
Eotheod | Holy Lykos
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:42 pm

Alrighty, lets do this.

Kash Island
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Interesting, i'm thinking of apping a Sauron-Morgoth type character. Obviously far weaker than either, but he could be a villian attemping to gain power...hmmm...
Modern Tech: Pure Despotism
Future Tech: n/al
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Faction Application
Name: The Dwarves of Khazad-dûm
Alignment: Good
History: It was founded in very ancient days by Durin, who awoke at Mount Gundabad in the Misty Mountains. He came upon the valley Azanulbizar beneath the mountains. He looked into a shimmering lake and saw a crown of stars reflected in its waters. He named that lake Kheled-zâram, the Mirrormere and it remained a revered place among Dwarves of all houses ever afterwards, and the Durin's Stone was erected on the location of that event.

There, in the caves above, Durin and his people started the delving and building of the Great Gates of Khazad-dûm, and the First Hall leading to a bridge over a chasm. From there began the expansion, both to Levels above and to Deeps below, and mines expanding out from the inhabited areas of the city proper.

First Age--

Durin the Deathless thus became King Durin I of Khazad-dûm and ruled for many years until he was named "Durin the Deathless" until he died during the First Age. Afterwards, other rulers of Khazad-dûm were sometimes named Durin, as they were considered to be his reincarnations, who the dwarves believed came to live again among his people.

As the centuries passed, the descendants of Durin sat upon the throne of Khazad-dûm, and their cavernous city, that was the greatest of all their mansions, and became famous even to the distant west; the Elves of Beleriand, heard its rumour from the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains on their borders.

Second Age--

Doors of Durin

In c. 40 of the Second Age after Beleriand was destroyed by the War of Wrath, most of the Dwarves of Nogrod and Belegost began leaving en masse from their now ruined cities for Khazad-dûm. The city was enriched not just in numbers, but in the western Houses' skills in smithing, crafting and masonry. All these factors created a renaissance for Khazad-dûm, and brought its prosperity to its zenith. In these days, the doors of Durin stand open, as the Dwarves, secure in the impregnability of their greatest stronghold, look for trade with the other peoples of Middle Earth.

Forces: 3,000 troops

Current Holdings: Khazad-dûm

I will have to make up a non-canonical name for its ruler. Durin's son is not named, but it couldn't be Durin II, because all the "Durins" were held to be the reincarnation of Durin the Deathless, and his son couldn't very well be his reincarnation.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Just to ask, how does time progress here?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Damverland wrote:Just to ask, how does time progress here?

Probably quite vaguely. I'll advance it as needed.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:27 pm

A Tolkien RP at last! :D Application incoming! I think I'm going to be evil...
Last edited by Walrusvylon on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.
'Equality is the opposite of quality.'
'I strongly urge you to read Moldbug!'
'I am an excellent proof-reader... after I click submit.'

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Maineiacs wrote:Faction Application
History: It was founded in very ancient days by Durin, who awoke at Mount Gundabad in the Misty Mountains. He came upon the valley Azanulbizar beneath the mountains. He looked into a shimmering lake and saw a crown of stars reflected in its waters. He named that lake Kheled-zâram, the Mirrormere and it remained a revered place among Dwarves of all houses ever afterwards, and the Durin's Stone was erected on the location of that event.

There, in the caves above, Durin and his people started the delving and building of the Great Gates of Khazad-dûm, and the First Hall leading to a bridge over a chasm. From there began the expansion, both to Levels above and to Deeps below, and mines expanding out from the inhabited areas of the city proper.

First Age--

Durin the Deathless thus became King Durin I of Khazad-dûm and ruled for many years until he was named "Durin the Deathless" until he died during the First Age. Afterwards, other rulers of Khazad-dûm were sometimes named Durin, as they were considered to be his reincarnations, who the dwarves believed came to live again among his people.

As the centuries passed, the descendants of Durin sat upon the throne of Khazad-dûm, and their cavernous city, that was the greatest of all their mansions, and became famous even to the distant west; the Elves of Beleriand, heard its rumour from the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains on their borders.

Second Age--

Doors of Durin

In c. 40 of the Second Age after Beleriand was destroyed by the War of Wrath, most of the Dwarves of Nogrod and Belegost began leaving en masse from their now ruined cities for Khazad-dûm. The city was enriched not just in numbers, but in the western Houses' skills in smithing, crafting and masonry. All these factors created a renaissance for Khazad-dûm, and brought its prosperity to its zenith. In these days, the doors of Durin stand open, as the Dwarves, secure in the impregnability of their greatest stronghold, look for trade with the other peoples of Middle Earth.

Forces: 10,000 troops (if this is too many or too few, I can edit it)

I will have to make up a non-canonical name for its ruler. Durin's son is not named, but it couldn't be Durin II, because all the "Durins" were held to be the reincarnation of Durin the Deathless, and his son couldn't very well be his reincarnation.

This looks good, though I would prefer that you tone back the forces to ~3-4000 Dwarves. Ten thousand Dwarves is a better estimate for the host of Khazad-Dum at the end of the Second Age, before her dwindling, and unlikely to have been reached prior to the near complete dissolution of Nogrod and Belegost, which seems to have been a slow process due to their comparative pristine state at the end of the War of Wrath.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:31 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:Faction Application

First Age--

Second Age--

Doors of Durin

Forces: 10,000 troops (if this is too many or too few, I can edit it)

This looks good, though I would prefer that you tone back the forces to ~3-4000 Dwarves. Ten thousand Dwarves is a better estimate for the host of Khazad-Dum at the end of the Second Age, before her dwindling, and unlikely to have been reached prior to the near complete dissolution of Nogrod and Belegost, which seems to have been a slow process due to their comparative pristine state at the end of the War of Wrath.

edited.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Hrmmmm.

What's going on with Sauron here? Is he in his gift-giver guise?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Prusslandia wrote:Hrmmmm.

Probably busy going off on an existential crisis now that his master has been defeated.

@Main: And with that edit, happily accepted.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Is there a map, by chance?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Elerian wrote:Is there a map, by chance?

Not at present. I intend to limit applications to west of the Sea of Rhun, and north of Far Harad.

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Prusslandia wrote:Hrmmmm.

Nope, he's not in the form of Annatar. He makes the Rings in the Third Age. This is the Second Age. Right now he's​ just fled Angband after the defeat of his master Morgoth. In approximately the year 500 of the Second Age he will make his way to Mordor, where he will start building his empire.
Last edited by Walrusvylon on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Elerian wrote:Is there a map, by chance?

Not at present. I intend to limit applications to west of the Sea of Rhun, and north of Far Harad.

Is the geography of Middle Earth the same as Third Age Middle Earth, then?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Elerian wrote:

There are some minor differences, such as islands still sinking below the waves in what was Beleriand, and the Sea of Rhun extending much farther south and east, linking up with the Sea of Nurn beyond the walls of Mordor. Otherwise, though, you can use the general geography of the Third Age for reference.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Faction Application
Name:
Utumnadorinan - "The Land of the Delvers"
Alignment: Neutral, though some of the Nandorian Elves are known to be cruel and proud.
History: The tale of the Dunnador, or the Black Elves, is a sad one, but not one without places of light. Turning back ere the Three Kindreds crossed the Misty Mountains, they had little contact with their western kin, taking to living in the high dales and precipices of the northern Misty Mountains to avoid the attentions of the dark men and Orcs that infested those lands with the dominion of Morgoth. There were those of their number who succumbed to the darkness, mingling with the savage men and becoming valued allies or teachers of metalcraft and other civilized arts; in time this mingling came to be seen as common, and the Dunnador became less enemies of Morgoth so much as not actively his friends. The folk of the Mountains of Rhun were some of the few Avari to survive the aggressive wars against all elves that Morgoth waged prior to the coming of the host of Valinor, and as such are suspicious of outsiders and rarely given to song, though some of the few men that live nearby that do not worship the shadow say the sadness of their lays can leave a man dead of a broken heart for the trials they have borne in their sojourn upon Middle-Earth.
Forces: 900 Avari Warriors
Current Holdings: The Elves of Utumnadorinan live upon the northern and eastern slopes of the Mountains of Rhun, newcomers to the shores of the Smoking Sea of the east, delvers and smiths of craft rivaling their kin of Aman, but less fey and more dangerous.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Noice.

For sure interested. Tag.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Am thinking about snagging Sauron unless Prusslandia calls dibs. I'll see.
EDIT: Scratch that.
Last edited by The Starlight on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Elerian wrote:

There are some minor differences, such as islands still sinking below the waves in what was Beleriand, and the Sea of Rhun extending much farther south and east, linking up with the Sea of Nurn beyond the walls of Mordor. Otherwise, though, you can use the general geography of the Third Age for reference.

The only real difference is that in the the Second Age the world was flat, but in the Third Age the world was round.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:

The only real difference is that in the the Second Age the world was flat, but in the Third Age the world was round.

Mm, yes and no. In the Second Age, at least at the beginning, the Sea of Helcar will still be draining south of Harad out in to the Sundering Seas. Most of Mordor's lowlands, and what will be Khand and near Rhun, is still under the waters.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013

Postby Pantorrum » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Faction Application
Name: The Kingdom of the Northern Greenwood
Alignment: Neutral.
History: In the end of the First Age, many Sindar survivors, who did not sail to the West, did not wish to stay with the Noldor in Lindon and be dominated by them. They travelled eastward from Lindon and eventually ended up in Greenwood the Great, where the Silvan Elves of Nandorin descent lived. The Silvan Elves were morbin, but they shared the same Telerin ancestry. The Sindar longed to experience a more "rustic" and "natural" way of life and fully embraced and adopted their culture and language.
Their desire for this rustic life would soon disappear. The elves would quickly grow to dominate some of the Greenwood, as their new ruler set out on a quest to heighten the power of his new Kingdom. What was originally a small region expanded into an Elven Kingdom that encompassed the the entire northern Greenwood.
Their culture is hidden from the outside world, many denying that the the Kingdom of the Northern Greenwood even exists. The elves in the kingdom rarely show themselves, hiding in hidden villages throughout the brilliant forest. All will soon change, though, as the Elven King aims his sights on the rest of the Greenwood...
Forces: 2,350
Current Holdings: The Northern Greenwood, between the Great River and the lonely Mountain, as far south as the Mountains of Greenwood, and then North until you reach the edge of the forest. Additionally, a stretch of land southward to the old forest road.
Last edited by Pantorrum on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Pantorrum wrote:Faction Application
Name: The Kingdom of Greenwood
Alignment: Neutral.
History: In the end of the First Age, many Sindar survivors, who did not sail to the West, did not wish to stay with the Noldor in Lindon and be dominated by them. They travelled eastward from Lindon and eventually ended up in Greenwood the Great, where the Silvan Elves of Nandorin descent lived. The Silvan Elves were morbin, but they shared the same Telerin ancestry. The Sindar longed to experience a more "rustic" and "natural" way of life and fully embraced and adopted their culture and language.
Their desire for this rustic life would soon disappear. The elves would quickly grow to dominate the Greenwood, as their new ruler set out on a quest to heighten the power of his new Kingdom. What was originally a small region expanded into an Elven Kingdom that encompassed the entire realm. The elven King would then look inward, closing it to the outside world and shrouding their elven culture in secrecy. For the last 100 years, not a single soul has been allowed entry into the Greenwood. Mystery and intrigue surround the hidden kingdom of the wood. Most have begun to deny it's very existence.
Forces: 8,000
Current Holdings: All of the Greenwood Realm

Mm, it's probably early to control all of the Greenwood, and indeed all the Silvan elves there. Eight thousand is a vast host, as large as that which Oropher marched to Dagorlad, and unlikely to be marshalable by a people which have just seen great sorrow in the War of Wrath. I'd also prefer to do expansionistic things like the desire for dominance you mentioned in the IC, so for now it would be best if you toned back your holdings, and dropped your military to, say, two thousand Silvan elves. This is still a time of great Elvish migration among those who chose to remain in Middle-Earth.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Character Application

Name: Yhorm the Breathless

Faction Allegiance: None

Biography: Yhorm was an ugly duckling of sorts to his dragon brethren. Despite being an Urulóki, or Fire Drake, Yhorm was unable to breathe fire. In addition to being unable to breath fire, Yhorm’s growth was stunted somewhat. He was, in other words, the runt of the litter. Yhorm saw this as a curse; however it likely saved him where many of his brethren were slain. Being on average half the size of other dragons his age, Yhorm was deemed unfit to serve on the frontlines during Morgoth’s war of wraith. Instead, Yhorm served other roles that he thought were demeaning to a dragon such as himself. Eventually however, the tides of war turned and Yhorm was thrust into the fray. Perhaps because of his small and nimble frame, Yhorm was able to evade death until Morgoth’s armies were routed or destroyed, and his tyranny ended.

Like some of his kind, Yhorm was able to escape and live on. He found his way to a lonely peak in the Misty Mountains and there he slumbered for some time. Several years ago, Yhorm awoke from his slumber, ready to exact his vengeance on the unsuspecting Men, Dwarves, and Elves that had propagated across Middle Earth.

Physical Description: Yhorm like any fire-drake, is immensely large. His claws are razor-sharp, and he has a crown-like array of horns and spines on his head, which extends down his neck and back. His skin is reddish brown all over with a hint of black, flaming yellow eyes, and a wide jaw with large teeth. In total, he strongly resembles his kin in early days such as Smaug.

Starting Location: Misty Mountains

Faction Application

Name: Clan Blackhand

Alignment: Evil

History: Descendants of the first Orcs created by Melkor, these Orcs have been swayed through intimidation and promises of plunder to Yhorm’s cause. Without a stronger contender for the orc tribes of the Misty Mountains to pledge their fealty to, Yhorm is the obvious choice. As such, Yhorm has set about bringing the various nearby tribes to his cause over the past few years. With a sizable force now under his command, Yhorm may well leave the relative safety of the Misty Mountains to gather more forces for his growing army.

Forces: 2,500 Orcs, 20 Mountain Trolls, One Dragon

Current Holdings: A Mountain hold in the central Misty Mountain range
Last edited by Elerian on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Elerian wrote:Character Application

Name: Yhorm the Breathless

Faction Allegiance: None

Biography: Yhorm was an ugly duckling of sorts to his dragon brethren. Despite being an Urulóki, or Fire Drake, Yhorm was unable to breathe fire. In addition to being unable to breath fire, Yhorm’s growth was stunted somewhat. He was, in other words, the runt of the litter. Yhorm saw this as a curse; however it likely saved him where many of his brethren were slain. Being on average half the size of other dragons his age, Yhorm was deemed unfit to serve on the frontlines during Morgoth’s war of wraith. Instead, Yhorm served other roles that he thought were demeaning to a dragon such as himself. Eventually however, the tides of war turned and Yhorm was thrust into the fray. Perhaps because of his small and nimble frame, Yhorm was able to evade death until Morgoth’s armies were routed or destroyed, and his tyranny ended.

Like some of his kind, Yhorm was able to escape and live on. He found his way to a lonely peak in the Misty Mountains and there he slumbered for some time. Several years ago, Yhorm awoke from his slumber, ready to exact his vengeance on the unsuspecting Men, Dwarves, and Elves that had propagated across Middle Earth.

Physical Description: Yhorm like any fire-drake, is immensely large. His claws are razor-sharp, and he has a crown-like array of horns and spines on his head, which extends down his neck and back. His skin is reddish brown all over with a hint of black, flaming yellow eyes, and a wide jaw with large teeth. In total, he strongly resembles his kin in early days such as Smaug.

Starting Location: Misty Mountains

Faction Application

Name: Clan Blackhand

Alignment: Evil

History: Descendants of the first Orcs created by Melkor, these Orcs have been swayed through intimidation and promises of plunder to Yhorm’s cause. Without a stronger contender for the orc tribes of the Misty Mountains to pledge their fealty to, Yhorm is the obvious choice. As such, Yhorm has set about bringing the various nearby tribes to his cause over the past few years. With a sizable force now under his command, Yhorm may well leave the relative safety of the Misty Mountains to gather more forces for his growing army.

Forces: 30,000 Orcs, 200 Mountain Trolls, One Dragon (I'm not really sure what to base my numbers off of)

Current Holdings: A Mountain hold in the central Misty Mountain range

That is far, far too many Orcs, and Trolls. I can buy a small Dragon escaping the War of Wrath, though he will likely be one of the very few of his kind at present, but neither Orcs nor Trolls would have escaped in such numbers. Tolkien implies that Morgoth gathered all his hosts to do battle with the Valar, so with only four generations since then Orcs and other creatures of Evil will still be very few in number. I could accept perhaps a tenth of what you have now, and that would represent most of the fell folk of the Misty Mountains in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse