NATION

PASSWORD

The Animal Kingdom Revamped (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Animal Kingdom Revamped (IC)

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 am

OC

Faron Woods; Hyrule; Era of Twilight
It had been around a month since the Mirror had been shattered, Hyrule was slowly healing, but there were still "dangerous areas". In that time, Zelda had begun to rebuild various sections of the castle, and had reinstated the Knight's Guard. To everyone's surprise, and his own, Zelda had appointed Link to the position of the renowned White Knight, the highest position any solider could have.
That had been a week ago today.

Link was out on a routine run, checking out the area near Ordon, and he intended to go to the village and see how everyone was faring.
But, he was also out here for a different reason.

A group of farmers had come across a strange object near the Ordon Spring. They had said that it looked like the portals that had popped up during Zant's rule months before. Zelda had sent only Link to investigate, since he had dealt with portals in the last few months.

"...She said those farmers came across the portal..."
A golden glow flashed in the night.
"Here."

The Hero got down from his horse, tied her to a tree with a rope and lead, then walked towards the area, hand lightly touching the sword at his side.
When he reached the Spring, he got his first look at the portal-It was floating around eight inches in the air, ovalish in shape, was about six feet in height, two in width, and Link could see through the portal into what appeared to be some sort of clearing in a patch of forest.
Something told him to not approach the portal, but it seemed to be harmless...
But then Link found himself flying towards the portal an instant later.
/\/\
He was lying on his side, staring up at the star filled sky.
...What in Hylia's good name...
He didn't even have to check, he knew that he had transformed into a wolf again.
Was I cursed? No...I feel fine...Why did this happen...?
After getting accustomed to being a wolf again, Link got to his paws and quickly noted that he was not alone.
Someone was thrashing around in the bushes nearby.
A panicked yelp rang through the clearing. Interested, Link headed towards the bush where the yelp had came from.
Seconds later, he reached the bushes and nudged them aside with his furry head-
He came face to face with a fox.
A fox wearing a very strange helmet.

Several Hours Before
On Route to Corneria; Lylat System
"Come in, Corneria."
"This is Pepper."
"What's the situation, General?"
"Well, from what I've been hearing from the Academy, there is this...portal, just sitting in the middle of the entrance-way. No one's been able to near the portal as of now."
"...Right...So should we check it out?"
"That would be best. I'll send a docking squad to bring you four in. Pepper out."

Fox McCloud flicked a switch in his Arwing and the hologram shimmered and then disappeared.
Fox then leaned back a bit in his seat and switched channels.
"What do you think's going on, Peppy?"
"I don't know, Fox. Sounds dangerous, whatever this portal may be."
Slippy's comm showed up on Fox's screen.
"From what my dad says, he and the other scientists are trying to figure out where the portal goes, yeah, it's a one way portal, but to where..."
Corneria, hub world of the Lylat System was looming in the distance.
"Well, there's only one way to find out about this portal," Fox began flicking switches and pushing buttons. His Arwing's engines began to increase in pitch.
"And that's to get down there and see this thing for ourselves. So, let's get down there."
Fox then threw the lever forwards and took the yoke of his ship as the fighter roared through space towards Corneria, three other Arwings following close behind.

The Academy, Corneria
Exhaust from the four ships rolled across the flight deck as they landed, loud thuds resounding across the pavilion as the landing gear was initiated.
A few seconds later, Fox and the others got out of their ships and the Arwings were taken away for maintenance.
A Bloodhound that was wearing green tinted glasses and a red coat with golden buttons was standing near the double glass doors to the Academy.
Fox walked up to the dog and the two shook paws.
"General."
"McCloud, it's about time you showed up. Follow me."

Inside the Academy
The portal was floating in the air in the middle of the room.
"...Well? What do you think it is?"
Slippy was making measurements of the portal and holding various screens up to it.
"You're right. It is a one way portal...and...I know where it leads to."
Slippy walked over to Pepper and Fox.
"See? It leads to a planet named "Animalus." Not much is known about it, but, there's been word from other galaxies that various people have been vanishing. Weird, huh? And, get this, Hyrule just sent us a message as well. Someone vanished from there."
"...Huh...I still don't get how they can communicate with us..."
"They have magic. They found a way to."
"...Right."
"Fox, I have reached a decision."
Fox turned to Pepper.
"Yes?"
Pepper merely moved around the green sucker in his mouth before speaking.
"Fox, I want you to go through the portal."
Silence.
"...Are you sure? I mean, if it's one way..."
Fox turned to look at the portal. From what he could see, it appeared to be located in a clearing in a patch of forest.
"...Hmm...what's the harm?"
Fox reached to his belt and took his weapons and handed them to various guards, then began to walk towards the portal.
He stopped a few inches away, took a deep breath, and then stepped through.

Animalus
He felt...strange.
That was the only way he could describe it.
Fox attempted to stand, managed to, but noticed how low he was to the ground.
Huh. Weird. Well, I might as well find out where I am...
He took a step forwards and then happened to look down.
He stopped breathing for a second, then drew a deep breath, leapt in the air and yelped in panic.
Calm down, calm down, it won't do you any good if you lose it.
Trembling now, the transformed pilot began padding towards a patch of bushes, for he had heard sticks breaking on the other side.
As he was nearing the bushes, another head emerged from the bushes from the other side.
It was a wolf. A blue eyed, black and white furred wolf.
Last edited by Skylus on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 am

Shimonoseki, Japan
下関、日本

The Seventh Heralding Trumpet of the Threefold Seraph of the Revelations of St John wasn't a particularly large boat, and certainly not as grandiose as its name (written in Latin alphabets!) would have made it sound. Compared to the vast majority of the other boats docked at Shimonoseki's port, the little fishing boat was a little midget, and an old, decrepit midget at that.

Nonetheless, 62 year old Yūri Akabane took care of the vessel like his life depended on it. Like the boat was his own flesh and blood.

In some ways, it was. Back when he was 17 years old, when he and his family lived in a little house in Kanagawa, Akabane had built the boat from scratch, using whatever materials he could find, which he bought with the little money that he earned from doing crappy jobs off and on.

There was this old man who lived next door with a strange alliteration to his name. Shigeru Shigehara, or something like that. Didn't matter. He was a real bastard, that old fogey; every opportunity he got, he'd come out just to throw things at the boat, while poor Akabane had to run to escape the projectiles, which ranged from crushed papers to rotten fruits.

"Back during the war", Shigehara would scream, "we didn't have the time to do dumb shit like this!"

Whatever it was wrong with him building the ship, Akabane didn't know, and quite frankly, he didn't care. Nobody else was complaining, especially since the noise was rather minimal.

Regardless, he eventually finished the ship, and had been going sailing on it ever since. And Yūri Akabane was a happy man; his ship worked.

It worked, at least, until that sunny winter's day in the year 20-something, when he and his friends Gō Suzuya and Teppei Miura went on a little fishing trip. Miura, Akabane knew, was a famous sushi chef who sliced the most amazing fugu. As for the 60 year old Suzuya, neither Miura nor Akabane knew what he did. Something about groping people's feet and pressing on random points as indicated by some indecipherable Chinese chart, or something along those lines.

What happened that day was simple; the engine stalled. Akabane went down to check on it, while Miura stood on the deck, clad in a casual tweed suit and jacket, a tie hanging limply round his neck. Suzuya was sleeping; presumably, you needed to be wide awake to press people's feet.

A pigeon landed on the deck and took a dump.

"Nanishite'nda, omae?" Miura cursed at the pigeon, half-jokingly. Yūri Akabane was the ultimate bird hater. Ergo bird shit on his deck would never be acceptable. "Chotto sokorahen de kutabattekure, kisama!" ("What the hell are you doing? Just screw off.")

The pigeon didn't budge.

The sushi chef lunged forward and stomped his foot on the deck. The pigeon got the message and flapped off frantically.

And then the Seventh Heralding Trumpet of the Threefold Seraph of the Revelations of St John exploded in a ball of orange fire. And Teppei Miura the sushi chef, Yūri Akabane the shipbuilder, and Gō Suzuya the guy who earned a living by pressing people's feet at points indicated by indecipherable Chinese charts, were all blown to tiny little bits.

And then a dog on a nearby ship had a miscarriage.

Somewhere

Slimy. Slimy. Nurunuru nurunuru nurunuru nurunuru nurunuru nurunuru nurunuru. Slimy.

And Teppei Miura woke up.

He certainly didn't expect that. Last he remembered, he had been blown up while riding on a ship known as the Seventh Heralding Trumpet of the Threefold Seraph of the Revelations of St John, while on a relaxation session with those two blokes Akabane and Suzuya. And people usually did not wake up after being blown to bits in an explosion.

But Teppei Miura, 57 year old sushi chef from Shimonoseki, with a gleaming Michelin Star and the one-off patronage of the heartthrob singer Yuki Uchida and the late former Prime Minister Keizō Obuchi, among other things (that was a while ago, though), found himself experiencing quite the contrary.

He found himself sprawled across a small pebbly courtyard in a comfortably chilly castle setting, almost like one of those castles in a fantasy RPG. All around the courtyard were spruce trees trimmed neatly. The battlements were largely unmanned, and at the end of the courtyard was a tower which seemed similarly unmanned, save for a dim light coming from inside a room.

And then Miura wriggled his eyes in his sockets and found that he now had tentacles.

He screamed. For an octopus, the sound that came out still sounded very much human.

"What the hell am I???" And then Miura made the second great discovery of his 3 minute long life; formerly a bilingual who spoke Japanese and English (and perfect broken Mandarin), Miura now found himself speaking in a tongue he didn't understand before. Whatever that was, he reasoned, he seemed to be perfectly fluent in it. Then he decided to experiment a little.

"Dōshite konna koto ni?"

Still fluent in Japanese.

"Why is this happening to me?"

Still fluent in English.

"Wei he zhei ge fa sheng dao wo?"

Still hopelessly broken in Mandarin.

Then Miura realised, for the second time, that he had become one of the numerous marine animals he had sliced up for the gastronomic pleasure of, among others, the heartthrob singer Yuki Uchida and the late PM Keizō Obuchi.

And he screamed again.

Last edited by Kaidou on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:27 am

The two canines had made their way from the clearing to what they assumed to be an old castle.
Link had shown Fox the "better things" of life, which Fox had, of course, balked at, but he was slowly coming around.
Wait. Do you hear that?
Fox moved his head to the left towards the inside of the castle.
A panicked shriek rang out.
That.
'...Oh. I wonder who it might be.'
Let's find out, shall we?

The two picked their way through the castle until they came to a courtyard.
A animal was rolling around, screaming now.
Fox darted to the beast's side.
"Hello."
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 am

Inside the castle
城の内

Miura, being suddenly and rudely shocked by the voice that spoke into his ear ("octopuses have ears!?"), wriggled in fright. Rolling his eyes about frustratedly, he came face to face with two canine animals peering at him curiously. For a moment, his heart throbbed nervously, until something in his mind clicked, and he remembered that most dogs didn't eat octopuses. Not that he knew, at least.

Perhaps it would do him lots of good to speak to them.

"Eto, kimitachi wa nihongo wo wakarimasuka?" he asked. Then realising that there was probably a language barrier, he switched to that weird language he had found himself speaking in earlier.

"By any chance, do either of you understand Yobene?"

Ah, so the language was called Yobene. To him, at least.

Miura quietly waited for a reply, trying his best not to throw up all over his octopus body out of fright.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:57 am

Kaidou wrote:Inside the castle
城の内

Miura, being suddenly and rudely shocked by the voice that spoke into his ear ("octopuses have ears!?"), wriggled in fright. Rolling his eyes about frustratedly, he came face to face with two canine animals peering at him curiously. For a moment, his heart throbbed nervously, until something in his mind clicked, and he remembered that most dogs didn't eat octopuses. Not that he knew, at least.

"Eto, kimitachi wa nihongo wo wakarimasuka?" he asked. Then realising that there was probably a language barrier, he switched to that weird language he had found himself speaking in earlier.

Miura quietly waited for a reply, trying his best not to throw up all over his octopus body out of fright.

So that's what this language is...Interesting, yes. We can both understand it. My name is Fox, Fox McCloud of the Lylat System, the wolf next to me is Link from Hyrule Kingdom. Where do you come from?
Fox sat back on his haunches and waited for the creature to respond.

Kaidou
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 am

Skylus wrote:
Kaidou wrote:Inside the castle
城の内

So that's what this language is...Interesting, yes. We can both understand it. My name is Fox, Fox McCloud of the Lylat System, the wolf next to me is Link from Hyrule Kingdom. Where do you come from?
Fox sat back on his haunches and waited for the creature to respond.

"I'm from J..."

They probably didn't know much about Earth. Something within Miura told him that neither of the two canines were earthlings; nevertheless, it didn't really matter what he told them. Not like it really mattered anymore, did it? The ship with the impossibly long name had been blown up, and there was no turning back now.

"I'm from a land called Japan", explained the former sushi chef. "I used to be a cook, until I was killed in an accident. Quite frankly, I've got no idea what's going on here." He wriggled his tentacles restlessly.

"My name is Miura."

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 am

"Really? Well, You told us your life story, or part of it...I guess I'll start, then."
Fox shifted a bit and began talking...or rather speaking via minds...however that worked.
"I'm a fighter pilot. Fly a ship, you know. Except...not like yours, maybe. Ship I fly...or flew before I came through that portal, was an Arwing. State of the art technology, with deflector shields, G-Diffuser, Nova Bombs...the whole lot."
Fox then remembered that the exploration division of Command had discovered a new area of space.
"...Er...Isn't Japan located on...the third planet of the Milky Way galaxy? Upper up in Command found it a few weeks ago. We've been thinking of traveling there, but it seems like the whole lot of you is no where close to traveling through space."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:25 am

Ignis woke up, her vision blurry and her head spinning.

"Wa...was ist das?" She rolled around drowsily, trying to wake up. She found out she couldn't blink to keep out the bright lights that now assaulted her senses.
"Ach!" She got up,rubbing her eyes with her...tail?
"I must be in my snake form. I need to change back." She attempted to transform back into a human, and all her attempts were all futile.
"What's this? I can't change back anymore!? Oh woe." She sighed. "What's happened to me? How come I can't go back? Are all my powers gone? Scheisse." She swore, causing a large wave of water to descend upon her. "Oh great, I still have all other powers, but I still can't change back! What has happened to me? Wo ist meine haus?"
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:56 am

Dorchestor, South Carolina

The man commonly known by his friends as Secesh was walking around in Fort Dorchestor, examining the old buildings. He had always come here for inspiration, and that what was he needed right now. He had been ordered to oversee the construction of a new fort, and would be designing it as well. It would be in a swampy area, similar to most of Dorchester, and would overlook a small river, just like the old fort he was in right now. The insides and openings had been stripped, and it's floor was nothing but grass. But he still loves it here, the composited shell walls and the fiddler crabs reminded him of his childhood, he had grown up in the area, after all.

He knew that the USA wouldn't take kindly to South Carolina becoming its own country, but he had faith his country would prevail. Many spoke of joining with the other Southern States to form a confederacy, but this was nonsense. South Carolina was perfectly fine on its own as a republic, and didn't need the help of any other states or nations. He had faith that his country alone would prevail, and worked hard to design and build forts to defend against the upcoming invasion. The fiddler crabs, fighting with their large claws, reminded him of what would happen. The smaller one and bigger one fought, but thanks to will power and determination, they managed to win and claim a burrow for themselves under an old log.

He suddenly saw one of the crabs disappear into a large hold on the river bank, which he hadn't noticed before. It was a jagged, unnatural hole, with multiple roots sticking out. "Well, I reckon I should check this out, might be some old stash from those Golden Knights," He said with his southern dialect, peeking into the hole. He didn't find any weapons, but he did find something.

Someplace, Somewhere

He felt smaller, more armored and crusty, too. He looked around, then at himself, "Where, wha-what am I?" He examined his blue claws and long, spindly legs. He was gigantic, larger a man's head, and his claws could probably rip one apart with ease. He was almost 4 ft. from leg to leg, a gigantic spectacle to be seen. His tough shell was glossy but rough, and covered his entire body. His uniform was missing, all save for his hat and what he had stored inside. He was speechless for an entire hour, thinking there as the wind howled around him. As he raised his legs up, he finally began to speak again, trying to formulate a reason for his being here, "It's clear to me why I'm here now.....I reckon that I was sent here by God himself, to make a new colony to expand the frontier of the Palmetto Republic! Human or not, I'll make my country proud!" He scuttled over to his hat, and placed it firmly over his shell, wearing it like a hermit crab's shell as he set off to explore the world.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:22 am

The Palmetto wrote:Dorchestor, South Carolina

The man commonly known by his friends as Secesh was walking around in Fort Dorchestor, examining the old buildings. He had always come here for inspiration, and that what was he needed right now. He had been ordered to oversee the construction of a new fort, and would be designing it as well. It would be in a swampy area, similar to most of Dorchester, and would overlook a small river, just like the old fort he was in right now. The insides and openings had been stripped, and it's floor was nothing but grass. But he still loves it here, the composited shell walls and the fiddler crabs reminded him of his childhood, he had grown up in the area, after all.

He knew that the USA wouldn't take kindly to South Carolina becoming its own country, but he had faith his country would prevail. Many spoke of joining with the other Southern States to form a confederacy, but this was nonsense. South Carolina was perfectly fine on its own as a republic, and didn't need the help of any other states or nations. He had faith that his country alone would prevail, and worked hard to design and build forts to defend against the upcoming invasion. The fiddler crabs, fighting with their large claws, reminded him of what would happen. The smaller one and bigger one fought, but thanks to will power and determination, they managed to win and claim a burrow for themselves under an old log.

He suddenly saw one of the crabs disappear into a large hold on the river bank, which he hadn't noticed before. It was a jagged, unnatural hole, with multiple roots sticking out. "Well, I reckon I should check this out, might be some old stash from those Golden Knights," He said with his southern dialect, peeking into the hole. He didn't find any weapons, but he did find something.

Someplace, Somewhere

He felt smaller, more armored and crusty, too. He looked around, then at himself, "Where, wha-what am I?" He examined his blue claws and long, spindly legs. He was gigantic, larger a man's head, and his claws could probably rip one apart with ease. He was almost 4 ft. from leg to leg, a gigantic spectacle to be seen. His tough shell was glossy but rough, and covered his entire body. His uniform was missing, all save for his hat and what he had stored inside. He was speechless for an entire hour, thinking there as the wind howled around him. As he raised his legs up, he finally began to speak again, trying to formulate a reason for his being here, "It's clear to me why I'm here now.....I reckon that I was sent here by God himself, to make a new colony to expand the frontier of the Palmetto Republic! Human or not, I'll make my country proud!" He scuttled over to his hat, and placed it firmly over his shell, wearing it like a hermit crab's shell as he set off to explore the world.

Ignis looked down at the small crab next to her and nudged it with her snout.
"Hm? Who are you?" She would ask it, picking up his hat and examining it.
"Vere you turned into an animal like me? Do you know where this place is? It's crazy. I just woke up and I couldn't turn back into a person anymore." She would put his hat back onto the crab's head. "I'm Iggy by ze vay."
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:38 am

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:Dorchestor, South Carolina

Someplace, Somewhere

Ignis looked down at the small crab next to her and nudged it with her snout.
"Hm? Who are you?" She would ask it, picking up his hat and examining it.
"Vere you turned into an animal like me? Do you know where this place is? It's crazy. I just woke up and I couldn't turn back into a person anymore." She would put his hat back onto the crab's head. "I'm Iggy by ze vay."

"Well I reckon, what kind of beautiful creature must you be?" He asked with a southern dialect, "While yes, I'm Secesh, I entered some hole in South Carolina and ended up here, and now I'm setting up a colony for the Palmetto Republic!" He moved slightly when she nudged him, but stood locked in the ground, "What happened to you?"
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:40 pm

The Palmetto wrote:-

"Oh, I recall zat I'm a Naja Atra, eine Taiwanese cobra. Nach du Kennenzulernen, Secesh." She bowed her head slightly to the crab. "I can't turn back into eine human anymore, for some strange reason. It looks like you've got ze same condition as I have. If you vant to set up a colony, how exactly vill you do it as...vell...a crab? You're not zat mobile in zis state." Ignis chuckled, lowering her head to be at the same level as Secesh.
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:-

"Oh, I recall zat I'm a Naja Atra, eine Taiwanese cobra. Nach du Kennenzulernen, Secesh." She bowed her head slightly to the crab. "I can't turn back into eine human anymore, for some strange reason. It looks like you've got ze same condition as I have. If you vant to set up a colony, how exactly vill you do it as...vell...a crab? You're not zat mobile in zis state." Ignis chuckled, lowering her head to be at the same level as Secesh.

"Well I reckon you're wrong, fine snake lady," he examined his claws, "I can build with my claws, and crawl with my legs." He quickly scuttled around in a circle before coming back to her, "See? I'm quite mobile, and ms' time in the millitary taught me how to defend myself and others who can't do the same." He stared into her eyes, "But what I reckon you are right about is that we're both stuck as critters, me as an ole' coconut crab and you as a viper."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:01 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Oh, I recall zat I'm a Naja Atra, eine Taiwanese cobra. Nach du Kennenzulernen, Secesh." She bowed her head slightly to the crab. "I can't turn back into eine human anymore, for some strange reason. It looks like you've got ze same condition as I have. If you vant to set up a colony, how exactly vill you do it as...vell...a crab? You're not zat mobile in zis state." Ignis chuckled, lowering her head to be at the same level as Secesh.

"Well I reckon you're wrong, fine snake lady," he examined his claws, "I can build with my claws, and crawl with my legs." He quickly scuttled around in a circle before coming back to her, "See? I'm quite mobile, and ms' time in the millitary taught me how to defend myself and others who can't do the same." He stared into her eyes, "But what I reckon you are right about is that we're both stuck as critters, me as an ole' coconut crab and you as a viper."

"Huh.You're more agile zen I expected." She would cock her head.
When Secesh called her a viper, she shook her head. "Um, correction, vipers are from a different genus than cobras. Vipers have zat triangle head, vile ve cobras have a roundish head." Ignis explained to him. "I don't know vere zis is, but it looks like ve should stick togezer to survive in zis place." she looked around.
"Who did you use to be?"
Last edited by Prusselanden on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:"Well I reckon you're wrong, fine snake lady," he examined his claws, "I can build with my claws, and crawl with my legs." He quickly scuttled around in a circle before coming back to her, "See? I'm quite mobile, and ms' time in the millitary taught me how to defend myself and others who can't do the same." He stared into her eyes, "But what I reckon you are right about is that we're both stuck as critters, me as an ole' coconut crab and you as a viper."

"Um, correction, vipers are from a different genus than cobras. Vipers have zat triangle head, vile ve cobras have a roundish head." Ignis explained to him. "I don't know vere zis is, but it looks like ve should stick togezer to survive in zis place." she looked around.
"Who did you used to be?"

"I apologize fine ma'am, I'm not one who knows much about science," he used his claw to make sure his hat was still stuck to his shell, "I lived in South Cackalacka, now known as the Palmetto Republic. I was a soldier and a fort architect, but then I found a tunnel and ended up here." He looked up at her head, "I reckon we should stick together to survive, after all, it's a man's duty to help a woman in need"

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:23 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Um, correction, vipers are from a different genus than cobras. Vipers have zat triangle head, vile ve cobras have a roundish head." Ignis explained to him. "I don't know vere zis is, but it looks like ve should stick togezer to survive in zis place." she looked around.
"Who did you used to be?"

"I apologize fine ma'am, I'm not one who knows much about science," he used his claw to make sure his hat was still stuck to his shell, "I lived in South Cackalacka, now known as the Palmetto Republic. I was a soldier and a fort architect, but then I found a tunnel and ended up here." He looked up at her head, "I reckon we should stick together to survive, after all, it's a man's duty to help a woman in need"

"Voman in need?" Ignis chuckled at the idea.
"I'm sorry, but you von't find any need from me. I vas a Bundeswehr soldier stationed in Beijing. I remember falling from a building ven I ended up in here. Plus, I'm more deadlier, having venom und all zat." she grinned, exposing sharp fangs. "Zhe Palmetto Republic...is it a nice place?"

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:"I apologize fine ma'am, I'm not one who knows much about science," he used his claw to make sure his hat was still stuck to his shell, "I lived in South Cackalacka, now known as the Palmetto Republic. I was a soldier and a fort architect, but then I found a tunnel and ended up here." He looked up at her head, "I reckon we should stick together to survive, after all, it's a man's duty to help a woman in need"

"Voman in need?" Ignis chuckled at the idea.
"I'm sorry, but you von't find any need from me. I vas a Bundeswehr soldier stationed in Beijing. I remember falling from a building ven I ended up in here. Plus, I'm more deadlier, having venom und all zat." she grinned, exposing sharp fangs. "Zhe Palmetto Republic...is it a nice place?"

"Well, I'd be damned it if it wasn't the best place in all of North America!" He wavered with his large claws, "It's got amazing forests, nice, well-cultured people, and the best beaches of the East Coast! Now tell me, where'd a shiny gal like you come from?"

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:46 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Voman in need?" Ignis chuckled at the idea.

"Well, I'd be damned it if it wasn't the best place in all of North America!" He wavered with his large claws, "It's got amazing forests, nice, well-cultured people, and the best beaches of the East Coast! Now tell me, where'd a shiny gal like you come from?"

"Sounds like a great place. I might visit it if ve manage to get out of here."
Ignis yawned and scratched her head with her tail.
"I used to live in Berlin, zen I vas stationed in Beijing. I guess you could say I come from Beijing, but I'm from from Berlin. Anyvays, your place sounds a little better. Ve don't have much in Berlin ozher zhen snow, sludge und mud."

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:"Well, I'd be damned it if it wasn't the best place in all of North America!" He wavered with his large claws, "It's got amazing forests, nice, well-cultured people, and the best beaches of the East Coast! Now tell me, where'd a shiny gal like you come from?"

"Sounds like a great place. I might visit it if ve manage to get out of here."
"I used to live in Berlin, zen I vas stationed in Beijing. I guess you could say I come from Beijing, but I'm from from Berlin. Anyvays, your place sounds a little better. Ve don't have much in Berlin ozher zhen snow, sludge und mud."

"So you'z one of them chicks from the German Empire?" He asked her, climbing up a small tree so he could look around, "Well they've always told me thems Germans was snakes, but I'd never imagine they'd be one of thems shiny copperheads, or Cobras, if that's what they call em'. If we ever get back, maybe I can show you around our republic some time."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:18 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Sounds like a great place. I might visit it if ve manage to get out of here."

"So you'z one of them chicks from the German Empire?" He asked her, climbing up a small tree so he could look around, "Well they've always told me thems Germans was snakes, but I'd never imagine they'd be one of thems shiny copperheads, or Cobras, if that's what they call em'. If we ever get back, maybe I can show you around our republic some time."

"Ah, Danke. Zat is quite kind of you. Anyvays, was is ein copperhead?" she asked, following him up the tree by winding around its trunk. "Not all of us are snakes. Only me. If ze Germans vere animals, I think zey'd be dogs or eagles, but not snakes."
Ignis looked at the view from the top of the tree.
"Vow...it's so pretty."

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:"So you'z one of them chicks from the German Empire?" He asked her, climbing up a small tree so he could look around, "Well they've always told me thems Germans was snakes, but I'd never imagine they'd be one of thems shiny copperheads, or Cobras, if that's what they call em'. If we ever get back, maybe I can show you around our republic some time."

"Ah, Danke. Zat is quite kind of you. Anyvays, was is ein copperhead?" she asked, following him up the tree by winding around its trunk. "Not all of us are snakes. Only me. If ze Germans vere animals, I think zey'd be dogs or eagles, but not snakes."
"Vow...it's so pretty."

"You're welcome, it's the classic southern tradition to treat visitors with hospitality," He looked at her scaled body, "A copperhead is a mean ole snake with venom, like you, but much smaller and far more hostile. How does it feel being a snake? Do you miss ya' legs?"

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:28 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Ah, Danke. Zat is quite kind of you. Anyvays, was is ein copperhead?" she asked, following him up the tree by winding around its trunk. "Not all of us are snakes. Only me. If ze Germans vere animals, I think zey'd be dogs or eagles, but not snakes."
"Vow...it's so pretty."

"You're welcome, it's the classic southern tradition to treat visitors with hospitality," He looked at her scaled body, "A copperhead is a mean ole snake with venom, like you, but much smaller and far more hostile. How does it feel being a snake? Do you miss ya' legs?"

"Ooh, sounds like a scary little fellow." Ignis lifted the front of her body, periscoping the scene before her. "My legs? I don't exactly miss them. I'm used to moving around with no legs."
Ignis then lurched back a little.
"I know it sounds vierd, really vierd. But it's true. I'm not human. I'm a snake demon." she sounded quite nervous telling Secesh this, not knowing how he would react. She hoped it was not in a hostile manner.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:"You're welcome, it's the classic southern tradition to treat visitors with hospitality," He looked at her scaled body, "A copperhead is a mean ole snake with venom, like you, but much smaller and far more hostile. How does it feel being a snake? Do you miss ya' legs?"

"Ooh, sounds like a scary little fellow." Ignis lifted the front of her body, periscoping the scene before her. "My legs? I don't exactly miss them. I'm used to moving around with no legs."
"I know it sounds vierd, really vierd. But it's true. I'm not human. I'm a snake demon." she sounded quite nervous telling Secesh this, not knowing how he would react. She hoped it was not in a hostile manner.

[i]"I was taught as a kid never to trust a demon, but I was also taught that they were also never male. Seeing as you're a woman, I ought to respect ya," he said like an idiotic southerner, "your scales look nice, and appearance is trustworthy enough."

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:48 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"Ooh, sounds like a scary little fellow." Ignis lifted the front of her body, periscoping the scene before her. "My legs? I don't exactly miss them. I'm used to moving around with no legs."

[i]"I was taught as a kid never to trust a demon, but I was also taught that they were also never male. Seeing as you're a woman, I ought to respect ya," he said like an idiotic southerner, "your scales look nice, and appearance is trustworthy enough."

"How do you know you can trust me? You ever heard of ze story, ze Farmer and the Snake? Kids always get suspicious of us after hearing zose stories."
She sighed.
"Of course, I vould never vant to hurt you or anybody. Not all of us are bad. Ve just have a really bad rep because of exaggerated stories and such. Ze story of ze pet pyzon who ate his owner is complete bullscheisse."

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:[i]"I was taught as a kid never to trust a demon, but I was also taught that they were also never male. Seeing as you're a woman, I ought to respect ya," he said like an idiotic southerner, "your scales look nice, and appearance is trustworthy enough."

"How do you know you can trust me? You ever heard of ze story, ze Farmer and the Snake? Kids always get suspicious of us after hearing zose stories."
She sighed.
"Of course, I vould never vant to hurt you or anybody. Not all of us are bad. Ve just have a really bad rep because of exaggerated stories and such. Ze story of ze pet pyzon who ate his owner is complete bullsheisse."

[i]"Where I come from, we wuz taught never to hurt a snake, as they would help us by killing off the rats, and I'd imagine you'd be more than capable of that. And of course, we always trust the beautiful unless proven untrustworthy, it's ancient tradition!" He looked at her with a crab wink, "so what should we do now? I reckon we should build a shelter."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse