NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts Year Three: Dark magic returns pt1

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Hogwarts Year Three: Dark magic returns pt1

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Adam Tarkin
Great hall
Beginning of the year feast

Adam was sitting at the table across from Andrew and the last kid, Leroy Zerkins who had been placed into Hufflepuff. It had been a long ride and the party seemed like a decade ago though it was really only a week ago. Many of the students at the party had returned to Hogwarts and he saw several of the faces, it was welcoming to say the least, they were year three students now meaning they had access to Hogsmeade and Quidditch would be starting in two weeks. Adam was looking forward to the house cup as it was always a challenge to see which house would come on top. After a few more minutes McGonnagall stepped up to the podium, "Firstly I would like to welcome the first years to Hogwarts! This year we have a new teacher Professor Lakin Switer. He will be the new History of Magic teacher here. Now I would also like to remind you that the Forbidden forest is forbidden and students are to remain out of areas deemed unsafe. Those who do not have a pass from a teacher to the restricted section and is caught will be punished and given detention. That is all, you may start eating." Added McGonnagall as she claped her hands and food appeared on the table.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm

James Abbott

James said joking and laughing loudly in the midst of the Ravenclaw table, even though these days he was wishing more and more he'd been sorted into Slytherin. That dumb old hat, he'd thought plenty of times, couldn't he have seen that I've got loads of ambition? Nevertheless, he was grinning next to Cyrus in the aftermath of a particularly funny joke told to him by another Ravenclaw. Cyrus was next to him; James had ridden with the redhead on the train, though he had spent about an hour in Henry's compartment, talking in low voices about Muggle-borns and other things they didn't want the others to hear.

James was wolfing down his food like mad; it was delicious and filling after nothing but a cauldron cake and a glass of pumpkin juice on the train. Turning to Cyrus, he asked him: "What're your new classes? I took Ancient Runes- guessing you did that, which is why I took it- and Care of Magical Creatures. 'Reckon they'll be some pretty interesting beasts in that. Say, is that half-giant still teaching it?"
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Rachel Ackerley
The Great Hall

Rachel sat with her fellow Gryffindors, happily clapping in unison as the first years were sorted. The table typically cheered as well whenever the hat yelled out its iconic "GRYFFINDOR!" She ate quickly, for she was excited about the new year. Not just for the new classes and the quidditch season, but about something even bigger for her. Everything had aligned according to plan over the last month. The mandrake leaf was successfully kept in her mouth for the designated time. The potion was ready to be brewed, and the ritual at the ready. It was time.

She leaned over to Derek, who had been sitting next to her at the Gryffindor table. She whispered to him quickly, "Remember what I said about my transformation ritual? The final one is ready. The lightning storm tonight is clearly coming, and the potion will be ready tonight. Want to meet me in one of the old unused astronomy towers on the seventh floor tonight to see it go down?"
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Caitie

As the rest of the students had their fun at the feast, Caitie sighed and pushed her plate away from her, before she rested her head on her hand on the table.

Always the same thing every year. At least I know what I'm up to this weekend

As she mused, the young woman thought about that Henry had told her in the broom closet a few days before. It was an intriguing idea, although as she weighed the risks in her mind Caitie hoped Henry knew what he was doing.

A Basilisk is no small feat.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Henry Grey

Henry had had a rathe uneventful ride back to Hogwarts, sitting and talking with Caitie and Marcus, while enjoyinng choclate frogs and some of the latest sweets from the Weasley shop. He got changed into his school clothes and hopped aboard the carraiges which pulled the kids up to the school. Since he had never seen someone die yet, he couldn't see the thestrals pulling them. Sitting down in the Great Hall, he barely listened to McGonnagall's speech, before digging in. Looking up, he noticed that Caitie, as usual, wasn't eating. Putting down his fork for a moment he told her "Caitie, you're going to have to tell me that you're a vampire one of these days. You never eat or sleep when I see you and yet you are always healthy." Suddenly, the doors of the great hall slammed open, snuffing out the floating candles. A flash of lightening illuminated a sihllouette of a man in a long cloak and wearing a tophat.

Randolf Baxter

The wind itself seemed to play ominous music as Randolf swept his cloak behind him, revealing it to actually be more like a long leather cape. He snapped his fingers and the halls candle reignited. The great doors also closed. Removing his top hat and dusting off the top, spraying some nearby students with water, Randolf looked up and opened his arms, saying quite loudly to the Headmistress in the now quiet hall "Greetings Minerva! It's been some time! Hogwarts looks more pristine than ever under your leadership!"

Professor McGonngall said to him "Why are you here Baxter? Did the Ministerin send you here? I thought you were in China, hunting Dragons?

" Randolf chuckled "You didn't hear?" Suddenly, a great shrieking came from above as a Crowned Eagle soared down from above, a harness on it's chest displaying the seal of the Ministry of Magic. Randolf put his Top Hat back on, saying "I see I precede the news of my arrival. I'm afraid to tell you that Professor Flippitydonger will be unable to teach Charms this year, and potentially a great many more. Hermione Granger has assinged me to educate the youth of our country." Randolf then proceeded to walk up to the Professor's table and seat himself at the end. Serving himself great portions, he looked out onto the still silent crowd of students. Swallowing the forkful of mashed potatoes in his mouth, Randolf looked up and said "Well, go on, there's no need to gawk." Slowly, the feast seemed to start again.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Caitie

The witch smirked cynically at Henry.

"No, I'm not quite a vampire. At least not yet," she said with a wink as she noticed the new arrival enter the great hall. Caitie raised an eyebrow as Randolf announced his role as the new Charms professor.

I wonder what his deal is. An appointment from the Ministry...I wonder if Father knows anything about this

Caitie nudged Henry a little.

"This looks like it's going to be an interesting year."
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:38 am

Miekzhemy wrote:Rachel Ackerley
The Great Hall

Rachel sat with her fellow Gryffindors, happily clapping in unison as the first years were sorted. The table typically cheered as well whenever the hat yelled out its iconic "GRYFFINDOR!" She ate quickly, for she was excited about the new year. Not just for the new classes and the quidditch season, but about something even bigger for her. Everything had aligned according to plan over the last month. The mandrake leaf was successfully kept in her mouth for the designated time. The potion was ready to be brewed, and the ritual at the ready. It was time.

She leaned over to Derek, who had been sitting next to her at the Gryffindor table. She whispered to him quickly, "Remember what I said about my transformation ritual? The final one is ready. The lightning storm tonight is clearly coming, and the potion will be ready tonight. Want to meet me in one of the old unused astronomy towers on the seventh floor tonight to see it go down?"

"I would love to, Rachel. I've been wondering what you would turn into-"

The doors slammed open, and a man in a top hat stepped into the room.
"...New professor? Huh. Wonder what position he'll be in."

It's early, and I have a sore throat. Curses.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:21 am

Rachel

Just as Derek finished, the doors of the great hall burst open to reveal the so-called "new teacher." Rachel looked him over, and took note of his attitude. She quietly snickered to herself for a moment at his reference to Flitwick.

"A new charms teacher it seems...interesting..." she said before looking back to the window behind her. It was getting darker, mostly from the storm as well. She turned back to Derek.

"I'm going to head up there to get everything else prepared. Feel free to head over after McGonagall dismisses everyone to the common rooms. I'm gonna try and bring Adam and Andrew along as well."

With that, she slowly got up from the table and made her way to the Hufflepuffs, where they themselves were also chatting away with one another. She gave a few waves to the students she knew in the house before finding Adam and Andrew sitting beside one another. She tapped them both on the shoulder before whispering.

"Doing my transformation ritual tonight with Derek. Mandrake leaf's prepared and the potion's almost ready. If you want to help or watch meet us in the old astronomy tower on the seventh floor."

She hurried out before they could even reply, hurrying down the numerous corridors and staircases.

Half an hour later - Seventh Floor Astronomy Tower

Rachel felt like a bloody mad scientist or something. She worked in the tower lit by several candles and the occasional flash of lightning that would briefly illuminate the room for a split second, a boom of thunder following. Fat globs of rain continuously pattered against the windows.

She stood in front of a cauldron that was currently brewing a complex potion. Numerous transfiguration and potions tombs were stacked about, one potion book opened to a specific page.

Last on the list...the leaf... she thought. She hesitated for a second, triple checking that it was safe to take it out. After having read the instructions almost a dozen more times, she reached up to her mouth and slowly withdrew the mandrake leaf, a tiny string of saliva on it. "Blegh..." She added it to the concoction brewing in her cauldron, stirring it according to the instructions.

Aaaaalmost there...
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:56 am

Derek
7th Floor Astronomy Tower

What was going to happen tonight was what every Animagus dreamed of- in Rachel's case, transforming for the first time.
Derek found himself remembering his first time at transforming, both his mother and father had transformed at the same time, to help him with the process.
"That should do it..Right, then, Rachel, whenever you're ready. I might transform too, to help you, you know."
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 am

Adam Tarkin

Adam shrugged it off as Rachel left the run and once they had been dismissed from the Great Hall he sucked out of the group of Hufflepuffs and made his way to where Rachel had told him to go. He was curious about this process as he had read about it, but he had never seen it himself. As he approaches the door he looked over his shoulder to make sure no professor was following him or any student he didn't know. Once he had checked that he slipped I to the door and saw the cauldron in the room bubbling with Rachel near by. "Hey guys, so when is the show going to get on the road?" Asked Adam as he walked up to the group as he shut the door behind him. He was excited to see what was going to happen, but scared at the same time. He wasn't exactly sure on what would happen he assumed that nothing like an uncontrollable hunger or anything.
[/floatright][floatleft]

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Ava

Their were some reputatins that Ava didn't like having, and eating like a pig was certainly one of them...although it was very much true that she certainly did. She did not appear ladylike in her eating, and the image of unrefinedness was only amplified by the fact that she was beginning to grow into the genes her father had left her...she was no giant but she was strong and muscular, with a definite lack of dainty ladylike features.
Spotting Will at the ravenclaw table, she fiddled with one of the bas she had on one shoulder and gestured him to come closer, almost as if she was trying to pull him towards her with an invisible fishhook.

Marcus

"Not a vampire...yet?" Marcus asked Caitie. "Now...I know power is all well and good, but maybe don't go that far? After all, I'm with you most days...my blood wouldn't taste very nice."
Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the new professor entering. "Gleen's got weirdo competition!" he smiled.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Rachel

The brew was finally finished. Rachel was quickly bottling it as Adam and Andrew entered the room. She turned to them briefly. "Just about. The potion is finished. Glad you both could make it! Now for that little moment of truth." She glanced to Derek. "Well, here we go. Oh, and...you all might want to stand clear. I don't know one hundred percent what the bloody hell is about to happen."

She stepped to the center of the big room and set the potion on a nearby table. Drawing her wand, she placed the tip over her heart, and muttered the incantation of the same spell she had used many times during her earlier process.

"Amato animo animato animagus..." she said. An invigorating feeling filled her veins for a moment.

That's new... she thought to herself. She hastily grabbed the brewed potion and brought the bottle to her lips, drinking it down.

Bitter...as it's supposed to be...now then...

She took a deep breath as she put the bottle aside and put her wand to her heart once more. Hesitating and taking a deep breath, she said the spell again.

"Amato, animo, animato...animagus!"

The second Rachel finished the incantation, she retched forward once. It felt as if something was in her stomach. Something primal...longing to be free. "Hng!" she blurted out as she fell to her knees. She sat there for a moment, as her entire body began to be shifting and changing. It wasn't an excruciating pain, but it was no doubt extremely uncomfortable. Fur was appearing on any bits of exposed skin.

She lifted her head up to look at Derek. Her eyes had grown to an even brighter shade of green. For another second or two, she shouted out painfully, until whatever primal energy was stirring inside of her finally broke free. Then she transformed.

Rachel's shout immediately grew to a deafening roar. It was so loud that it echoed throughout the room and nearly the entirety of the seventh floor, and possibly even to another floor or two below them, likely scaring the bollocks out of anyone that heard it in the middle of the night.

When everything went quiet, an enormous brown bear stood on all fours in front of Derek, about three times Rachel's size in her human form.
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Derek

"...You did it...Rachel, you did it! Excellent...well done..."
Derek took a step forwards towards the bear, then another.
"Right then, I'm going to transform now, to help you get used to being an animal, that alright with you?"
He wasn't sure if the bear ducked her head or not in response, so Derek took a step backwards and transformed.

A few seconds later, a Dire Wolf was standing in front of the bear, staring up at her.
The wolf simply wagged his tail happily and grinned.
"Woof!"

So, I believe that Animagui can communicate with each other...but how...
I believe we shall use this for one person 'this' for another and "this" for a third Animagus.
Last edited by Skylus on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Setting up the Tower scene for the next morning, here
Lauren

Lauren had gone up to the Gryffindor Tower with the other students. Derek and Rachel were missing, but who knew where they were at this time of night.
Before leaving, Derek had sought her out among the crows and had asked her if her drink had "tasted strange" She had said no, of course.
To which her friend had responded. "Well, mine did, I don't know what happened to it, but...I think it was spiked with something."
"Really? And what do you think happened to it?"
Derek had pulled her to the side, letting multiple students pass, and began to tell her what had happened at the party.
He had told her about her Half-Blood/Pure-Blood ancestor, how he had used a Pureblood gun called the Raven's Mark in the war he had fought in, the proceeded to tell her about the dagger he had received from his grandfather.
"Yo got a dagger?"
He had nodded and then showed it to her.
After a few more minutes of discussing various topics, Derek had seen Rachel walk by and had joined her.

Now, around two hours later, Derek's Red Falcon, Grace, flew through the dorm and landed on Lauren's bed.
"Hi, Grace. What's wrong?"
The bird screeched at her, and then flew off out an open window.
"...Huh...wonder what's gotten into her..."
Lauren had then called it quits for the night and went to bed, unaware of the fiasco that was to happen the next day while the whole tower was at classes...

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Adam stood back as Rachel advised and soon the process began with her muttering a spell which he had no doubt that it was the spell to start the whole thing. As it took shape, he saw the expression on her face as the transformation happened. It was something that was very interesting, but he didn't think he would want to do it. Once it had stopped a bear was in Rachel's place and Adam wasn't sure what to do besides just be awestruck. It was something truly amazing and then Derek started to change as well, it might as well have been a party. "Andrew what do you make of this?" Asked Adam as he took a step closer to Rachel and Derek.
[/floatright][floatleft]

True Christopia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby True Christopia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Andrew
After the party

At the party's end, his father was waiting for him just where he'd left him - in his old SUV. The drive home was silent, but pleasant. The sun had fallen by then, and both weren't too talkative.

He hadn't drunk much at the party, not even enough to feel tipsy. Others, however, had drunk a lot more than tipsy level. It didn't phase him too much, but he'd gotten rather concerned when people were hardly able to create sentences, especially considering it was illegal to drink at their age.

But, nonetheless, the party was over. Upon arriving back home, and walking up the stairs to their flat, Andrew and his father walked in upon his mother downing a shot of fire whiskey. She turned her head, her wand gripped in her hand, she slurred "Oh, it's jus' you."

His father frowned "Rolanda, please - stop with the drink. It's doing you no good."

"Why don't you go piss off, you stupid muggle - "

"Mum!" Andrew protested. His father turned to give Andrew a piercing look, a look telling him to stay out of it.

"An' you - you little abomonation - I can't believe I gave birth to a blood traitor like you! I ought to just kill you both..." Andrew took a step back, a rock plummeting inside him.

His father, however, strengthened his resolve "Don't you dare talk about our son like that." he threatened , taking a step forward

"Dad - " Andrew attempted to warn him, although in truth he didn't need much warning - he already knew the consequences. Whipping her wand out, she cast a non-verbal stupefy. Striking him directly in the chest, he was knocked out cold, and Andrew was left alone.

Andrew,
Present

The transformation couldn't have been more spectacular, if not terrifying. Taking a step back, as ordered, he exclaimed "Hot damn, that's a big bear, that's what I make of it."
Last edited by True Christopia on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Democracy, The United Kingdom, The Conservative Party (UK), LGBT+ rights, Capitalism, The Grand Tour, Freedom of Speech, Gun control, Cuba, The British Monarchy, Obama, National Healthcare, Trident Nuclear Program, PC Master race, Mental Healthcare, TEA!
Anti: Donald Drumpf, Homophobes, the U.S. Electoral system, Paid Healthcare, IRA, ISIS, Jeremy Corbyn, Communism, Fascism/Nazism, Guns, Racism, Top Gear, Coffee, Poverty, KKK, SJW's

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

I'd rather die on my feet,
than live on my knees.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Skylus wrote:Derek

"Right then, I'm going to transform now, to help you get used to being an animal, that alright with you?"
He wasn't sure if the bear ducked her head or not in response, so Derek took a step backwards and transformed.

A few seconds later, a Dire Wolf was standing in front of the bear, staring up at her.
"Woof!"

I believe we shall use this for one person 'this' for another and "this" for a third Animagus.

Rachel

The large brown bear stood still in the center of the room, huffing and snarling heavily for a moment, seeming to be clearly tired. She looked up at Derek, who had then transformed into a wolf and was happily staring forward at her, his tail wagging back and forth. The bear in front of him merely acknowledged what he said with a quick huff through her snout.

I feel...strong. Very...very...strong... she had thought as she did so. Whether or not Derek would get the message was uncertain, however. Rachel was just glad to be in control of her own head.

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:45 am

William Darkenstone

William twirled his food around, having eaten only a bite. He looked around seeing Hogwarts in all its glory, the students speaking loudly and laughing, or standing in silence, while the professors observing them with their keen eyes. As a new professor arrived during the feast, William looked a bit uninterested towards his direction. A new professor sent by the Ministry? Surely, he could be only prove to be a troublesome fellow. Time will tell, I suppose. William thought as he gave a last look at the professor before turning to his food again.

Since the party, his mind had been turning around only two things: Ava and the Horcruxes. They hadn't met after that day and William longed for them to embrace again, to kiss again, so as to feel the warmth of her hug, of her body. His dark thoughts still persisted however. The Horcruxes were yet another mystery, having a learned a bit more information about them although not something definitive regarding their abilities or their creation. He could still learn something by Ava's father or their collection of books on the matter.

Thinking about her, he turned his head to the Slytherin table. He finally spotted her and realized she prompted him to come over. Standing up, after barely touching his food, he arrived by her side and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you." he whispered in her ear. "What have you been up to since the party?"
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 am

Miekzhemy wrote:
Skylus wrote:Derek

"Woof!"

Rachel

The large brown bear stood still in the center of the room, huffing and snarling heavily for a moment, seeming to be clearly tired. She looked up at Derek, who had then transformed into a wolf and was happily staring forward at her, his tail wagging back and forth. The bear in front of him merely acknowledged what he said with a quick huff through her snout.

I feel...strong. Very...very...strong... she had thought as she did so. Whether or not Derek would get the message was uncertain, however. Rachel was just glad to be in control of her own head.

Good. You should, how are you feeling otherwise?
The wolf began to walk around the bear, keeping his distance and merely catching her scent.
He then decided to tell Rachel about various things.
Okay, Rachel, there's something that you have to know. There's another side of us, us Animagui, called our "other half". It's basically the "beast" that we can transform into. It's present at al times, even when we're human. Usually, our "other halves" are kept in check, but if they get out of control, then basically you become the feral version of whatever you transformed into. When this happens, your thoughts are...broken, or, I should say, you only think basic thoughts. You don't remember some of the things you do. Sometimes, that is good. Other times, it is very bad. And another thing to keep in mind- I actually discovered this during my first year, but whatever you do as an animal has no effect on your human form. Meaning, for instance, if you so happen to "mark" something as an animal, you will have done so as a human, but, being that you're basically unclothed as an animal, your human clothes are as clean as they were when you transformed. Anything else that you'd like to know about?
Last edited by Skylus on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:07 am

[b]Ava[//b]

Ava, having grasped William's attention, put down her spoon and let someone else have some of the treacle tart. She didn't think it was too strange to suggest that she'd eaten a quarter of the entire slytherin quota of treacle tart, and soon if she continued people would probably get annoyed with her.
She responded to William's hug with a tight one of her own, her muscular arms pulling him into her warm body.
"What have I been doing?" she asked. "Reading some of the grimmest books in the world I think, and I've been stealing some of them. Once you've eaten something, because starving thin guys are uncomfortable to cuddle with, I'll show you."
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:16 pm

William Darkenstone

William smiled as Ava responded with a hug to his embrace. He kissed her, softly, and smirked at her remarks.

"Well, I have eaten all I could. Now, I seek food for thought and you can present me with that, as I understand."

His eyes had once more a dark glint, as they had always when Dark Magic was involved. He leaned on Ava's ear.
"Where dp you think would be the best place to show me? As you understand, I can hardly wait. And after that, we can continue what we started in the party." he whispered, before kissing her swiftly but passionately.
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Rachel

As Derek paced around her, the bear would slowly turn itself around, getting a feel for movement. When Derek communicated with her, it looked as if she was in some sort of muggle movie with talking animals. While it merely looked as if the bear was growling or huffing about to Adam and Andrew's perspective, she thought again, seeing as Derek could apparently comprehend it.

'So there's the need to control myself or I could go on some sort of enraged frenzy...' She looked down at the huge four inch claws on her front feet.

'I guess that's a good defensive measure, but I see what you mean. I think I know what I need to.'

With that, the bear retched upward, and it quickly transformed back into the familiar Rachel that they had seen a minute ago. She almost lost her balance transforming back, but composed herself.

"Thank you Derek...I just can't believe I pulled it off this early, too. Now then, I have to get all this stuff put away before the teachers have my head."

Later that night - Gryffindor Tower

Rachel dusted off the palms of her hands as she entered the common room through the Fat Lady's portrait. The astronomy tower looked as if the ritual had never happened. She was in the clear.

A job well done, I'd say... she thought to herself as she caught sight of Lauren and Derek chatting aside. Lauren had just left to turn in for the night, but Derek was looking slightly unnerved.

"Thanks again for the help-" she took notice of his expression and tilted her head. "You almost look like you've seen a ghost or something?"

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:14 pm

The next morning
Potions class

Adam had woken up early the following morning, breakfast had been uneventful or well it had been compared to last night. He wasn't sure if anything would be as exciting as last night, he had left shortly after Rachel changed as he was tired from the day, it had been full of running around and nearly missing the train to get to Hogwarts. But he was up and ready to start the school year off on a good foot. The first class of the day was Potions, Jackal wasn't soo bad if a bit of a profectionist. But he was very good at what he did and it was a nice change from Gleen who seemed to be very careless with what he taught and how he taught it. Adam was walking down the corridor to reach the classroom when there was a loud bang that came from the room. Adam rushed towards the room to see Jackal's desk at the front had been charred black and his face was black as well. He was trying to get the smoke to clear, "No, no that won't do at all, maybe I should add less of the Butterbeer. Maybe hmmm, or maybe, no that won't work. But perhaps maybe this will." Spouted out Jackal as he turned around to his shelf of ingredients and turned back around putting several down on the table.
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:32 pm

James Abbott

James was making his way towards Potions class, his first of the day. Professor Jackal was an... interesting character, that was for sure. Winding his way down the darkening passages, James went deeper and deeper into the dungeons before finally finding his classroom. Upon entering, he saw a few of his classmates had already arrived, and were trying hard not to laugh. He soon found the source of their amusement: Jackal had blown himself up, and he and his desk were covered in ash. Smoke was still wafting out of the charred cauldron.

James smirked and sat down at a desk. Jackal, the Potions Master, couldn't even correctly brew a potion? This is rich. Taking out his copper cauldron and laying it on the desk along with the rest of his potion-making equipment, James waited for the rest of the class to file in and for the lesson to begin. He made sure to leave empty seats at either side of him, to allow some of his friends to join him if possible.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Miekzhemy wrote:Rachel

As Derek paced around her, the bear would slowly turn itself around, getting a feel for movement. When Derek communicated with her, it looked as if she was in some sort of muggle movie with talking animals. While it merely looked as if the bear was growling or huffing about to Adam and Andrew's perspective, she thought again, seeing as Derek could apparently comprehend it.

'So there's the need to control myself or I could go on some sort of enraged frenzy...' She looked down at the huge four inch claws on her front feet.

'I guess that's a good defensive measure, but I see what you mean. I think I know what I need to.'

With that, the bear retched upward, and it quickly transformed back into the familiar Rachel that they had seen a minute ago. She almost lost her balance transforming back, but composed herself.

"Thank you Derek...I just can't believe I pulled it off this early, too. Now then, I have to get all this stuff put away before the teachers have my head."

Later that night - Gryffindor Tower

Rachel dusted off the palms of her hands as she entered the common room through the Fat Lady's portrait. The astronomy tower looked as if the ritual had never happened. She was in the clear.

A job well done, I'd say... she thought to herself as she caught sight of Lauren and Derek chatting aside. Lauren had just left to turn in for the night, but Derek was looking slightly unnerved.

"Thanks again for the help-" she took notice of his expression and tilted her head. "You almost look like you've seen a ghost or something?"

"No, I haven' seen one of those, but...I..I have my suspicions that someone spiked my drink with something...but it's probably nothing, so I'll just head to bed and see if I feel better tomorrow morning. See you then."
With this, Derek went upstairs and turned in for the night.

The Next Morning...

His eyes flickered open.
For some reason, he couldn't see as many colors as he had the night before and his eye sight was somewhat blurry.
No one was in the room, or in the common room, for that matter.
What?
Still in his bed, Derek attempted to call out, but all that he heard was a anxious whine.
Wide awake now, he sat up and realized with a jolt that he was a wolf.
Okay, someone spiked my drink...now...can I turn back...no...well, then. Great...Might as well try to get out of the tower...

Long story short, he managed to get down to the floor, exited the room, made his way to the Fat lady's portrait, and, after unsuccessfully trying getting the door open, had made his way to the middle of the room and had lain down in front of he fireplace, letting the heat soak into his fur.
...I'm starving...But what am I supposed to do about it?
Then, to his horror, he realized that he needed to do something.
Very, very badly.

He had been standing in front of the Fat Lady's portrait, acing like an idiot while trying to get her to respond, but to no avial.
Now, he simply gave up on trying to not be "bad", and all he could do was walk over to the fire place, attempt to move the rugs and objects away from the tile and...
Well, you get what happened, right? Right?

Dog+ locked room+ hasn't been to bathroom since last night =very ruined room.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse