NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Bridge too Far

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Western Sammarin
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Bridge too Far

Postby Western Sammarin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:54 am

Title: A Bridge Too Far

Eligibility: Have cars? Not be landlocked?

Description: After five years of hard work and billions of @@currency@@ invested, a recent hurricane in @@NAME@@ has destroyed the incomplete @@TYPE@@ Bridge, intended to finally connect @@capital@@ with distant @@animal@@ City to the east. Corporate stooges and @@animal@@ City residents alike have infested your office, demanding for the government’s assistance in resuming construction on the bridge.

[option]”With the loss of progress on the @@TYPE@@ bridge, we are three years behind schedule” says @@randomname@@, CEO, CFO and COO of Build-a-Bridge Enterprises, LLP, “However, with a little… government assistance, we may be able to hurry work back on track. Otherwise, who knows? Sometimes these projects can fall years more behind…”
[effect]infrastructure grows only as fast as the government can print extortion money.
[stats]TBA

[option]”We have no time for these fat-headed architects!” shouts @@animal@@ City resident @@randomnamefemale@@, holding her hometown’s eponymous animal, “Give the bridge contract to the neighborhood associations in @@animal@@ City and we’ll have an army of free volunteers finish the project in no time. We may not be engineers, but we’re sure heart will keep that bridge up!”
[effect]transit systems crumble under the cost-efficiency of civic pride.
[stats]TBA

[option]"Barnacles, all ya!” proclaims Captain One-Eye of the @@capital@@ Ferry from outside your door, after paying his yearly vessel registration in a nearby office, “If ya gave a few @@currency@@ more a yar’ to the local ferries, we’d move twice ‘em people ‘cross the water than a crinkly ol’ bridge. As a matt’ of fact, why don’t we ban all ‘em bridges? Sure it would hurt ‘em car makers, but I’d get a lot more ships to sail.” He looks longingly at the harbor out your window, “Admiral One-Eye, I like thar sound of that…”
[effect]hang-gliding, the ferry fleet and jumping are the most popular methods of crossing water.
[stats]TBA
Last edited by Western Sammarin on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
His Royal Majesty King Edward III
Monarch of the Kingdom of Western Sammarin
Representing those states in free association:

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:57 am

Isn't this basically #308, Over, Under Or Through??
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Western Sammarin
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Sammarin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 am

After looking #308, that seems to address an issue of overloading ferries with another system, while this discusses a failed bridge with two economic solutions and one crazy ferry alternative.
His Royal Majesty King Edward III
Monarch of the Kingdom of Western Sammarin
Representing those states in free association:

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 am

Um, Stooge is an insult, yea? Why insult business people?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?