NATION

PASSWORD

Why Impossible Resoultions can still be voted on.

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Why Impossible Resoultions can still be voted on.

Postby United Layfet » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Recently, I had proposed a resolution dubbed "On a name change of the World Assembly". I knew this resolution was impossible to pass, but it is important to note that such a resolution should still be able to be voted on.

The Moderators took it done and said that it was unauthorized. This goes against the words of Max Berry, creator of Nationstates. Applying the logic of adding different game mechanics to the game.

"Can I make a resolution to add war to the game?
No. Well, you can, but I'm still not going to add war. The WA is not there to request new game features. I admit this would be nice: propose a change, vote it through, and BAM! The game gets better. But then, I would have to make the BAM! part happen. It would require me to spend so much time rewriting game code that I wouldn't be able to pursue my real passion, which is earning enough money to buy food, and staying sane.
-Max Berry

This above statement from Max Berry implies that I can still make an impossible to implement resolution such as one that would change the name of the World Assembly. It comes from the highest source within Nationstates and therefore should be the rule.

Thus I ask the Moderators to reinstate my resolution as it is a authorized resolution, despite it being impossible to implement. (also if passed, would lead to a weird quasi-state of a situation where the World Assembly is supposed to be named something else but isn't yet).

If you fail to reinstate the resolution, it would be a smear on how Nationstates is supposed to work. I ask you, Moderators to follow through on the highest words of Nationstates. Uphold your honor and your word.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Gonna repost my same reply since it's still applicable:

Game Mechanics rule states that you can't propose any kind of rule change to the way the game works through the WA. Therefore, it is not an "authorized" resolution. Being submittable does not automatically mean it's legal.

If you want to propose a mechanics change, start a thread in Technical.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Normally I'd tell you to submit a GHR on this matter, but it's not necessary here. Appeal denied.

If the resolution violates the rules, it gets pulled. It's that simple. Using your logic I could submit a resolution filled with nothing more than "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" under whatever category I want. That is not the case.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Return to Gameplay