NATION

PASSWORD

100% Black Market?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Founded: Aug 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

100% Black Market?

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 am

1.Have you ever seen a nation with 100% black market? (please, provide the link if you know such nation)
2.If not, do you think that it's possible to achieve such result? (please, argument your position if you doubt that such thing is possible)
Last edited by Planned Statelessness on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 am

Mine's not even close and I've had a growing black market for the better part of the year
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:45 am

The biggest I have seen is somewhere around 62℅
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Union of Central Asian Republics
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Central Asian Republics » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:51 am

You're probably going to need to be anarchic and without police for that to be possible.
TOTALITARIANISM

Pop: 66 mil
Military strength: 22.3 mil
Great and Glorious Leader: Aleksandr Voronov

[_★_]
( -_- ) put this in signature if communism, cyka blyat

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:05 pm

It's theoretically possible, but I can't find an example.

I feel like I've seen one before...

Balcones
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balcones » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 pm

It is possible! I had achieved this with the nation Zombie Hordes. I answered every issue as if mindless zombies were in control; the average income was something like 5 brains per person, no government spending, and 100% black-market economy.

Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 pm

Union of Central Asian Republics wrote:You're probably going to need to be anarchic and without police for that to be possible.

Quite on contrary. For example, Really Stateless Nation (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=rea ... ess_nation) is anarchic as hell (i.e. its government size is zero, the same goes for all government departments), doesn't have any police and it's ranked in the top 1% of Crime, BUT its Black Market is just 0.5%!

On the other side, my country has " Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to the all-pervasive police force." in its description and my enormous government takes 94,6% of my economy, but we have 5.4% Black Market.

There is one issue, called "Coup d'Etat In @@NAME@@!", that allows instantly get rid of the government by zeroing out all government departments. My economy consists only of two parts, the government and the Black Market. If I get rid of government, then the black market will automatically take over the whole economy.
Last edited by Planned Statelessness on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

San Cervantes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby San Cervantes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:31 pm

You clearly didn't look very hard. I found this in less than 5 minutes...

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=new ... il=economy
"The simplest rule about authority is to obey it! If you obey a ruler well, favor and promotion are sure to follow. If you rebel or shame those in authority, punishment and trouble are sure to follow. This is true for all spheres of authority."

—General Sebastiano Di Ravello

To keep informed on San Cervantes news, please read the latest publication of our national newspaper, "The People's Observer". https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=751392

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Planned Statelessness wrote:1.Have you ever seen a nation with 100% black market? (please, provide the link if you know such nation)
2.If not, do you think that it's possible to achieve such result? (please, argument your position if you doubt that such thing is possible)

You can check the highest nation with Black Market using Rank tab on your main nation's page.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

San Cervantes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby San Cervantes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 pm

"The simplest rule about authority is to obey it! If you obey a ruler well, favor and promotion are sure to follow. If you rebel or shame those in authority, punishment and trouble are sure to follow. This is true for all spheres of authority."

To keep informed on San Cervantes news, please read the latest publication of our national newspaper, "The People's Observer". https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=751392

San Cervantes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby San Cervantes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:38 pm

And this
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=veg ... il=economy

Maybe you should've spent at least 30 seconds checking the world census report before going to the forums with this.

Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Planned Statelessness wrote:1.Have you ever seen a nation with 100% black market? (please, provide the link if you know such nation)

You can check the highest nation with Black Market using Rank tab on your main nation's page.

I know about WA Census for Black Market, but this ranking doesn't show nation with the highest percentage of the Black market, it defines "largest" differently. In other words, super-rich country with 1% Black Market will be considered to have larger Black Market than poor as sh*t country with 100% Black Market.
Last edited by Planned Statelessness on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 pm

San Cervantes wrote:And this

Maybe you should've spent at least 30 seconds checking the world census report before going to the forums with this.

How have you found them? All of them are ranked very low on Black Market, there is no way you could found them by looking through top countries with largest Black Market.

San Cervantes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby San Cervantes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Look up "highest average income", then go to the very last pages.

Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm

San Cervantes wrote:Look up "highest average income", then go to the very last pages.

Why should lowest average income strongly correlate with 100% Black Market? :blink:
Last edited by Planned Statelessness on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Cervantes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby San Cervantes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Planned Statelessness wrote:
San Cervantes wrote:Look up "highest average income", then go to the very last pages.

Why should lowest average income strongly correlate with 100% Black Market? :blink:

That's NationStates for you.

Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:21 pm

San Cervantes wrote:

Ok, let's say it differently. How have you figured out such correlation?

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 pm

San Cervantes wrote:And this

There's no real reason to have an attitude about it. This is far from a common question.

Clever way of finding them though.

Planned Statelessness
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Planned Statelessness » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Balcones wrote:It is possible! I had achieved this with the nation Zombie Hordes. I answered every issue as if mindless zombies were in control; the average income was something like 5 brains per person, no government spending, and 100% black-market economy.

What exactly do you mean by " I answered every issue as if mindless zombies were in control"? Please, illustrate your method of issues-solving with an example.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:49 pm

San Cervantes wrote:

We cannot just make NS perfect in everything.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

San Cervantes
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby San Cervantes » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
San Cervantes wrote:That's NationStates for you.

I never said we should make NS perfect, it's not. It's actually quite flawed. That's why I said, "that's NationStates for you".
:meh:

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:30 pm

San Cervantes wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

I never said we should make NS perfect, it's not. It's actually quite flawed. That's why I said, "that's NationStates for you".
:meh:

Well, your wording make it look like you actually want it to be perfect of sort.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Balcones
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Balcones » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Balcones wrote:It is possible! I had achieved this with the nation Zombie Hordes. I answered every issue as if mindless zombies were in control; the average income was something like 5 brains per person, no government spending, and 100% black-market economy.

What exactly do you mean by " I answered every issue as if mindless zombies were in control"? Please, illustrate your method of issues-solving with an example.

Well, there is no discernible pattern or logic guiding the decisions. It's more choosing answers based on their outcomes which is only possible by having encountered nearly every issue multiple times with various nations. Burn books, check. Stone adulterers, check. Drug the water supply, check. Eliminate welfare and government spending in general, check.

I could also see how a correlation could exist between average income and black market as a share of the total economy. If people can't legally get a job, then there isn't much opportunity for work, i.e. source of income. If all or most commerce is black market activity, I would bet most people would have a pretty low income, if any.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm late to the party, but since I've achieved this with my puppet pencil sharpeners, I thought I'd chip in.
The following is a TG I sent to somebody asking about how I did it. It's obviously addressed to a specific nation, but I can't be bothered to change it to make it more generic.

With trial and error, a bit of luck, and a lot of patience. I wasn't sure what caused this before I achieved it (I knew it was possible, because I'd seen a couple of nations that were 100% black market), but now I'm pretty sure it's caused by getting every single industry, and every governmental department, at or below zero. The way I went about achieving this was by being simultaneously anti-industry and anti-government.

Opposing industry:
You'll want to regulate businesses as much as possible, I find environmental laws are pretty good at that. You can also attack each industry individually, so I'll address all of your industries which are currently positive.
Pizza delivery: There are a few issues which allow you to ban fast food, which should get rid of this industry.
Auto manufacturing: Probably the easiest one to abolish. Quite a few of the environmental issues allow you to ban cars.
Information technology: There's a couple of issues which allow you to ban computers, and if you do that you'll probably get some follow-up issues which allow you to ban all technology.
Insurance: I'm pretty sure only 1 issue allows you to ban the insurance industry, so you might have to wait a while for that.
Retail: I've got nothing here. This will probably just fall with your general anti-business options.
Cheese: There's an issue about cheese being thrown at politicians which allows you to ban it.
Timber woodchipping: Choosing enough pro-environment options will end this industry.
There's a lot of issues, so waiting for the right ones to come up will take some time. The reality is that you probably won't need most of the specific industry-ending issues, a regulatory approach will be enough to end most industries. There's also an issue about people getting lost in the wilderness, which gives you the option to abolish all of your industries, so if you're lucky you'll receive that soon.

Opposing government:
You have quite a large government at the moment, which will have to change. This is probably easier to decrease than your industries, since options which oppose government expenditure are usually fairly explicit about it. You'll want to choose any option which involves giving your citizens a tax break, and generally siding with any 'anarchist' in an issue is probably a good idea.

Other stuff:
Currently, private enterprise is illegal in your nation. It might be possible to achieve 100% black market with that, but I recall that for me, the final stepping stone to this situation was legalising private enterprise, so you'll probably want to do that.
You'll also probably want to closely monitor your industries and your government expenditure, just so you know what you have left to destroy.
It's worth noting that this is not an easy thing to do; there's a reason only 5 nations out of almost 180,000 have achieved this. I'm a fairly experienced player with a lot of nations with high rankings, but I pretty much stumbled across this by accident (I was aiming for it, but I was still surprised when it happened), so don't surprised if you struggle with this, it will take time and effort. This is also a very delicately balanced situation, I dismiss the majority of issues with this nation now, because it's so easy for an industry or a government department to creep above zero. I was able to get World #1 for nudity because it didn't impact on the economic situation of my nation, but it's difficult to do much else with a nation like this, so if you want to rank highly at anything else, I would advise creating another nation for that.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Waroeng Kandz
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Waroeng Kandz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:21 pm

I do not really know what is contained in the black market. Because I'm still a new player. But I feel (perhaps) the black market is not only negative things as I thought. I see apart from tourism, where is the service business sector, because what is visible is only the industrial sector. are the service and informal sectors included in the black market qualification?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay