NATION

PASSWORD

The Divided States of America | IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Divided States of America | IC

Postby Vladivostokava » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 pm

The Divided States of America

Map

I. Staff
Moderator: Vladivostokava
Moderator: Archangelskl Oblast
Moderator: Emerstari

II. Links
[url]In Character Thread[/url]
Worldbuilding Thread
Chatzy (Instant Messenger)
Map

III. Rules
[box]1. Ops word is law, second only to NS and P2TM moderators.
2. Do not argue in OOC, OP's will remove you.
3. Don't be stupid, I don't want to see your soldiers running around with light sabers shape shifting into cars and phasing through walls.
4. No steamrolling. Ops will give your IC nation hell for doing it.
5. Post once a week. If you cannot, message a OP or post in the OOC.
6. All arguments will be handled via TG or face a day suspension from the OOC an IC thread(s).
7. No spamming thread. This means no posting more than 3 times in a row.
8. Language and conversations remain civilized.
9. No posting links to other RPs unless you have permission from OPs.
10. You may not use puppet accounts to influence game play. And you cannot have more than one nation without OP consent.

Last edited by Vladivostokava on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

The Brand New Salvatagard Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Brand New Salvatagard Republic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:30 pm

May I join?

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Texas: A Nation Under God

When the United States Government begin to unravel Colonel Robert Nevens seized the States government structure. The Governor wished to remain in the Union and it left Texas vulnerable. With the help of militant Christian groups he changed his last name to Houston and declared himself head of a new state wiping everyone with remote loyalty to the DC government. While this quickly made Texas a regional power it also put it on the verge of civil war between the military and Church of the Lone Star. To avoid the coming conflict the Colonel declared Father Douglas Andrews his second in command and the church its own branch of the Government. Once internal strife had been addressed they looked north to the failed state of Oklahoma which had fallen into anarchy. Colonel Houston saw this as perfect opportunity to test his army but didn't wish to draw a lot of attention so he sent in a newly formed elite corps of Special Forces vets and the most devout of the CLS known as the Lone Star Guard. Resistance in Oklahoma collapsed and any leadership put to firing squads. Now A year later Texas stands strong and prepared to move forwards

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 pm

The Republic of Colorado

President Terry Gerhardson stood at attention as newly trained members of the 3rd Armored Brigade marched by, the soft rain pattering off his peaked cap. The capital's military detachment had assured him that today was supposed to be bright and sunny, as it should be for his birthday; however, in the rain, the small unit did not look nearly as impressive as it should have. Still, the massive decorations on the National Capitol looked impressive, with massive blue and white banners hung from the roof. Even his podium from which he watched the military parade looked grand, with its tassels and UCP logo. Still, some sun would have been nice. As the brigade came to a halt in the wide avenue, the crowds in front of the Capitol now turned to the President for his speech. He adjusted his cuffs, smiled, and opened his mouth.

As the United States disintegrated into political infighting and secession following California's departure, political unrest forced the state's Republican governor to call a snap election in the hopes of securing a popular mandate from the people of Colorado. However, the people of Colorado instead voted for a coalition of small political parties under the charismatic leadership of Terry Gerhardson, who formed the United Colorado Party from this coalition. With a supermajority in the state legislature, the UCP was able to run roughshod over the rest of the political parties, and within six months, both the Republican and Democratic Parties had been folded into the UCP. A few changes in state laws allowed Gerhardson to install himself as a pseudo-dictator while crushing all political opposition, but he continued to hold surprisingly free elections within the UCP. While approved Party members were allowed to run for office freely, any unapproved or non-Party candidates tended to withdraw their candidacies or disappear.

As Gerhardson smiled and waved at the crowds, they cheered and clapped, clearing hypnotized by his speech denouncing the old United States of America; some even shouted for an encore. However, Gerhardson turned and strode up the steps and into the Capitol Building. As he entered, several aides fell into line behind him; only his Chief of the Defense Staff, General Sam Perry, was allowed to stand next to him. They had an implicit agreement to watch out for each other; Gerhardson was a terrible strategist and avoided the briefing room whenever possible, while Perry was incredibly uncharismatic, and would have been replaced by a more outgoing rival if Gerhardson had not promoted him to head of the Coloradan military.

Handing the President a file, Perry quickly murmured in his ear before striding away for the Military Affairs wing of the building. Gerhardson opened and flipped through the file as he headed towards his office. Something about Texas and Fort Carson and permission and....gold? Odd.

As he approached his office, his secretary, Corporal Don Forman, stood up and saluted the President. Gerhardson waved at him to relax.

"Corporal, get me a secure line to someone at Mil Affairs", he told the secretary as he walked into his office, closing the door behind him.

During the President's brief walk from the podium to his office, the government, in the name of the United Colorado Party, had nationalized 14 formerly federal installations and properties. The seizures, which were a common occurrence, were done in the name of the Party, and symbolized a break with the old, "corrupted" past. Within 3 weeks, all federal property in the state of Colorado would be nationalized and marked "Property of the Republic of Colorado".
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Texas: Changing Of The Guard

Colonel Robert Houston is in Oklahoma to visit the men of Fort Sill but mostly to get out of Houston as he shared neither the love of Politics or need to micromanage of Father Andrews. The good priest had slowly been posturing himself leading the civilian side of things while the Colonel toured every base in the Union regularly keeping morale up among the men who had grown restless. He smiled watching his brain child The Lone Star Guard run combat drills, Fort Sill used to be an Artillery only training base but sense the Guard brought the whole state to kneel in two weeks this was now their base of operations. They were a level above basic riflemen but not the spearhead that Houston believes Texas deserves. He intends to fix that but it sadly isn't priority as that would require time and energy that was needed in the capitol. He walks to a Humvee that sits idling to take him to the jet waiting to take him back to Houston.
Last edited by Roxferd on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:05 pm

San Juan, United Republic of Puerto Rico

Fleet Admiral Winston B. Alvarez squinted his eyes in the noon sun, its light pounding down on the beaches of San Juan. Slipping on his sunglasses, he finally got a good view of the seven fully-loaded destroyers idling in the sapphire-blue waters. His perch on the lighthouse overlooking the bay was high enough that he could see the faint outline of a surfaced submarine on the horizon; smiling to himself, he reached for his radio and announced, "This is Fleet Admiral Alvarez. All naval forces prescribed to Operation Hague are green for departing San Juan Bay." Several minutes later, the white wakes of the departing destroyers streamed from the original positions in the bay, their outlines only visible on the horizon. Satisfied, the Fleet Admiral left the lighthouse, entered a black SUV, and left for the Capitol Building.

Before the implosion of the United State federal government, a constitutional amendment to add Puerto Rico as the 51st State was already in motion. When the schism finally occurred, Puerto Rico was cut off from the mainland, and realized that independence was the only route to take. Enlisting the U.S. Virgin Islands, the two territories unanimously ratified the Gulf Accords, which declared the United Republic of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands a fully sovereign nation. After the ratification of the new Constitution, a new government was set in place: Congress would be divided into the National Assembly and Senate. The National Assembly's 155 members would be voted upon biannually; the National Election Commission would, following the election, release a chart depicting the amount of votes a party got. The popular vote percentages would be applied to the 155 seats, and be divided accordingly, with non-perfect divisions favoring the smaller parties. By constitutional obligation, all parties are required to hold primaries, with their affiliated party members, regular people, voting upon whom they wish to represent the party in the National Assembly. After the primaries are over, the people vote for their party in the general election; Independent candidates who acquire a sufficient vote margin are given a proportional number of seats. The Senate's 75 members are voted upon every four years, as is the President. Rounding up by one seat, half of the Senate's seats are allocated by the process previously mentioned in the National Assembly. The smaller of the remaining one-fourth seats (seeing as it lost a seat to the National Assembly voting procedure seats) are appointed by the President and their Cabinet. The larger one-fourth seats are elected by the state legislatures, of which there are twelve.

The President of the United Republic serves the same functionalities as the POTUS. The Supreme Court also serves the same functionalities as the U.S. Supreme Court.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:59 pm

Republic of Colorado

"Baker 7, winds two eight zero at 17, cleared for takeoff."

Colonel James Garner watched as the massive C-130 Hercules rolled down the runway, speeding up as it started to leave the ground for its base in Texas. Because he had been forced to ration fuel until the Department of the Military could get jet fuel trucked in, Garner had been worried the lack of aircraft movement at the base meant his groundcrews would get rusty; thus, he had jumped at the opportunity to have the Texan cargo flight land at his base. Now that he had been assured that the groundcrews were, in fact, ready for action at a moment's notice, he could relax and focus on the myriad supply issues at Peterson Air Force Base. Primary among these was the lack of trained operators. Because of the proximity of the local civilian airfield, Garner had access to trainer planes and flight instructors for preparing the conscripted staff for duty in the Coloradan Air Force. However, the base specialized in space and satellite operations.

When the United States of America had begun to crumble, he had ordered a lockdown of the base and a total information blackout; all incoming and outgoing communications had to be approved by him. At the same time, he called for assistance from the local National Guard unit; when Garner lifted the lockdown, they base personnel found they wouldn't be allowed off the base until the command staff had sorted through who was essential and who was not. A month later, the gates were opened and personnel began trickling out, albeit in small numbers; many personnel who wanted to leave were found to be essential to the continued operation of NOAA, GPS, and Air Force satellites, and were forced to stay on and train conscripted Coloradans. By now, any personnel who wanted to leave had been released, but the conscripted satellite staff were still sub-par compared to the previous staff, although they were certainly capable of the job.

Garner was shaken out of his reverie by his phone vibrating. Picking it up, he unlocked it and saw that he was wanted in the base's secure cargo facility. He turned and walked towards the control tower's stairwell.

Garner entered the cargo hangar and was immediately blinded by a dazzling light. He shielded his eyes and stumbled sideways, out of the beam. He heard chuckles, probably from the military police officers, from his left. As his vision recovered, he saw a groundcrew sergeant in front of him, waiting expectantly; behind him, a spotlight had been activated to bounce off two crates covered in some sort of foil. Probably thermal blankets or something.

"Yes, sergeant?", the colonel growled.

"Sir, the cargo manifest states that this is the entire shipment due, sir. In US dollars, sir".

The colonel stared at the sergeant, then the crates. The two crates stared back.

"Sergeant, how much is in there?", Garner asked quietly.

"The manifest doesn't say, sir; however, it does say Do Not Open and that we are a relay station for its final destination in Denver".

The colonel sighed. "So we have to ship it out, and we don't get any of it. Great."

Pulling out his mobile, the colonel texted the logistics chief to get another transport on the next convoy to Denver. 2 hours later, the convoy pulled out of the gates, now with one extra transport and a confused military police squad on board.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah
אלוהים יברך את הרפובליקה דזרט העממית דרך כל זה לניסויים עתידיים ומצוקות, נשלטים על ידי המתפללים העסוקים ותמיד נאמנים של הלורד.
Salt Lake City

"I, President John Spencer Cox, solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah, and the Constitution of the Nation of Utah, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of President of to the best of my ability, so help me god."

With that, The Nation now had a new leader, John Spencer Cox, of just 37 years, was one of the nation's youngest presidents, and only president in the newly formed nation. When He had gone on the state news networks and demanded that u.s military forts and installations surrender or face conflict with the state militia, many were fearful of a repeat of the Fort Sumter attack that had brought them into a war that would easily crush their newly declared independence, thankfully there were no equivalents of Robert Anderson in the american garrisons, or there would have been a disaster and loss of life on the Utahan hands. There would be no Blood spilled or a massive loss of life for the Americans who surrendered, as such Hill Air Force Base, Kearns Army Airbase and the Ogden Air Logistics complex were to be identified to their birth state and sent there onboard several volunteer civilian fights, as the Ogden International and Salt Lake International airports had been shutdown via a direct order from Cox himself. He had no intention of allowing other people to escape from the newly established nation,be it for religious reasons or political ones, he would be sure as ever to clamp down on power,because without power, what else do you have?

As the tired crowd of a hefty 30,000 people cheered, with the ringing emanating from the local branches of churches in celebration of the succession, gunshots filled the sky as fireworks were shot off late into the night, Utah would be celebrating it's newly found independence, It would be up to Cox to keep that independence from the clutches of whatever nation decided to look over at it's resources of Petroleum and decide that it would be better for their own selfish interests to have them in their ranks. After shaking hands with a few people, he got up to the stand to give a small speech.
"I am very pleased at the amount of progress us as a newly formed nation has made. Our First Priority is to Reorganize the Utah state congress into the Utahan National Congress,with the Utahan People's Party, the Republican party and the Democratic party being our three main ideals and policymakers in the nation, as such, they will be Made without delay and county elections will be held within a month. Congress's first act will be the Ratification of the first and hopefully last draft of the Constitution of the Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah. With this basic document that governed the nation, It will ensure the basic laws are made. The Second Priority for the nation Will be either a discard of the American Dollar or a formational and restructuring of the American dollar to meet in our current economic situation. The First Option will involve the launch of our own currency, the Deseretian Dollar, in denominations of 1,5,10,23,36,40, and 100. The National Bank of Utah will oversee all financial and economical issues within the nation, governed by the Cabinet of The Utahan Economical Treasury. The Third Priority will be the Organization of the Utahan Military from the remnants of the american equipment that we have stored around here, the army will be formed in Four Main Armies, the 1st Wasatch Army, the 2nd St. George Army, the 3rd Provo Army, and the 4th Moab Armored Army, a total of 3,000 soldiers will be in each army, and recruitment for the new armies will be advertised at a later time to boost recruitment numbers. I thank you for your patience and the Formation of the Utahan nation, and I am proud to be the First President of this wonderful nation."

With that, The President returned into the makeshift Utahan White house that had hastily set up the night beforehand in a hurry. throwing his coat on the ground, he uncovered a glass bowl with a thunk and grabbed a handful of tootsie candies from last Halloween,the maids never bothering to change them out. As he did that, His Personal Aide Luigi Bateroli entered behind him, watching the man get undressed from the long and stressful day.
"President, several domestic affairs need your attention."
"Set them out in my office will you, I'll get to them once I've had my soda."
"Got it."
With this casual dismissal of his official, Cox began to rummage around for some paper to write out several letters that he wanted to craft by hand. if he wanted to make friends, he needed to first reach out to them first.
To:President Terry Gerhardson

Greetings, I am the President of Utah ,I would first like to extend my hand out as a gift of friendship between our two nations, and we would like to send a diplomat to your nation to fully establish Diplomatic ties between your nation. I officially hold no ill feelings towards your government or the hardworking people of Colorado in general. That is why in this diplomatic deal, along with a possible embassy to cement the ties between the Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah and the Republic of Colorado. I wish to look beyond the religious differences between our two nations, as even Utah is not one hundred percent Mormon, we have small slivers of minorities which have their rights to practice in here as well, If you wish to purchase the many natural resources of our nation, we would be interested in the Coloradan man investing in the humble utahn.
If you receive this letter, I eagerly await a reply, regardless of the contents of the letter.
May God Bless your nation for all eternity,
Spencer Jay Cox, First President of the Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Texas:My Brothers Keeper

At Sheppard Air Force Base 300 fresh faced soldiers of the Lone Star Guard were recently brought to the base in preparation to be deployed. They have stood in formation all day awaiting the return of the two C-130 cargo planes to return from their classified missions. As Commander Michael Lee cups his eyes seeing the silhouettes of the aircraft he gets on the radio confirming its the two then give his men the order to grab their gear "Its time to go boys!" A resounding "Yes Sir rings out" as they fall out reporting to their units and the aircraft they are assigned to.

Meanwhile at Fort Hood the 1st Calvary Division along with a Armored company prepare to move out as they received the news of the two C-130s safe return. Their Destination, The Newly proclaimed Mormon Republic of Utah to act as both a gesture of friendship between the two nations and as peace keepers given the sour of relations between the Pacific republic and Utah. They will meet up with a company of Veteran Lone Star Guards near the Colorado border then continue on following a strict route determined by the Coloradoan Government.
Last edited by Roxferd on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 pm

To: President Spencer J. Cox

Greetings,

In regards to your latest letter, we would be pleased to host a diplomat from the Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah, and will also provide room for a Utahn embassy, if the People's Republic so chooses to do so. After all, we have no reason to disrespect or turn down the nation that has been so welcoming to the Republic of Colorado and the United Colorado Party.

In regards to a possible economic arrangement concerning the purchase of Utahn resources, the Party is in need of construction materials, such as mortar mixture, and manpower. The Party's potential labor pool has been drastically reduced by state-wide conscription into the armed forces and various government construction projects; similarly, reconstruction of the state has sapped a large amount of the Party's accessible construction materials. As a result, the Party would be willing to pay 115% of the total market value for the expedient delivery of construction materials to specified destinations in Colorado, and would be willing to pay the People's Republic a commission for each person who migrates to Colorado. If this is not currently acceptable for the People's Republic, we would be willing to investigate any counteroffers.

Sincerely,

President Terry Gerhardson

Colorado Army - Border Enforcement

Special Access Permit

Name of bearer: John Q. Doe, Lone Star Guard

Colorado driver's license: No.

Reason for application: Crossing the state.

Vehicles: Military convoy.

To: N/A

Recommending officer: Dan McMann, Lt. Gen.

Approving officer: Terry Gerhardson, President of the Republic

United Colorado Party approving officer: Terry Gerhardson, President of the Republic

Notes: Here's your permit. Don't lose it.

By holding this permit, the bearer declares that they are traveling in the Republic of Colorado legally and shall not disobey any of the rules and restrictions provided by national laws.
The Cold War in 6 words:

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:56 pm

President Weiss
San Francisco, Pacifica

Johnathon Weiss looked out at his cabinet.

"Well, what do we think?"

"On the one hand," began the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, "the presence of the Texans should keep Utah on their side of the border. For the best given all the talk of missionary work by the rifle coming out of there."

"Yeah, but now there are going to be three hundred Texans in Utah," pointed out the Secretary of Defense. "If the worst comes to it, we'll be that much more likely to find ourselves in a war with Texas. We could take Utah easily. Texas will make us hurt."

"Despite how he came to power, Houston seems for now to be interested in establishing a sort of stability among the divided states. He may be a monster, but we need him for the time being. The best way to assure Pacific interests at this time is pax americana."

"Then it is best that I speak to him now," President Weiss. He stood up. "I'll be in my office. See what you can do to get Colonel Houston on the phone. In the meantime, make sure we are watching the Utah border as closely as possible. If any of them even step a toe over the border, we have to stop them there." The cabinet members nodded their acknowledgement of their orders and immediately set about completing them.

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Texas: Politics is for the bored

Upon receiving the official papers at the border the peacekeeping Convoy of the 1st Calvary Division, an Armored company and company of Guards begin the long drive through Colorado planning no stops till Utah as to not risk a international incident.

Meanwhile the 300 Lone Star recruits prepare to land at the Pinon Canyon maneuver site in Colorado to begin training with Coloradoan Special Forces.

As the Colonel arrives back in Houston he is immediately rushed by an aide telling him the President of the Pacific republic is on the phone. Colonel Houston sighs "Get me a drink and connect him" the aide nods and follows his to his office pouring the Colonel some aged whiskey before leaving. Houston clears his throat and picks up the phone.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:44 pm

President Weiss
San Francisco, Pacifica

"Thanks for taking the call, Robert," President Weiss said as the two leaders were connected. "We have some things to discuss. There are going to be a lot of talking heads about your troop movement. That's fine. I don't care what the pundits have to say about provocational movements or whatever they'll call this. Hell, this might be the best thing you could have done. Lord knows there's nothing I could do to keep them on their side of the border short of bombing them into the stone age, and don't doubt I have people who have been advising me to do just that for a few months now. You're putting your people into a tough spot and I appreciate what that mean, but now that you're putting them there you better be ready for whatever happens. You've got to keep them on their side of the border, no matter what, Utah has to remain on their side of the border."

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Texas:When The Bear Meets The Lone Star

"Johnathan we are both men who knew the bureaucracy of the Washington Government. Speculation has caused more wars than greed, what you can count on is Texas working in the best interest of both sides as occupying San Francisco doesn't fit into my plans for Easter." The Colonel laughs taking a drink from his glass.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:06 am

President Weiss
San Francisco, Pacifica

"Nor is bombing Houston in mine. Nor Salt lake, for that matter. But a year ago the thing that kept me up at night was the remnants of PacFleet in Pearl. Now it's the thought of a single religious fanatic out of Utah doing something stupid. It could take only one for this entire mess to spiral out of control, and with you in the middle this could easily drag the entire continent back into war." Johnathon sighed. "I honestly never thought I would ever need a red phone, but it might be something we should look into. No joke Robert, everyone needs this to work. Give my best to your wife."

"He's talking peace, for now. So we will as well." President Weiss said to his cabinet.

"Do you really think he can keep the Mormons in Utah?" asked the Secretary of Defense.

"I can hope."

"Do you think he wants to?"

"Yes. But that doesn't mean we won't be prepared. I want you to get some scenarios gamed out."

"What are my parameters?"

"Small scale retaliatory strikes in Utah, invasion, war with Utah and Texas and a full scale war across the southwest. If it goes beyond that, we might as well call it a day. Let's go ahead and start coordinating with our allies, let them know where our heads at. And keep it quiet. The last thing we need is Robert Houston responding to news reports of preparations for war."

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Texas: Long In The Tooth

Colonel Houston sits in his chair as his devoted doctor comes in to do his second vitals check of the day. The Colonel had been on his way out of the Army over a developing heart condition when he took command of the revolution, in the past year it had grown worse not helped by the stresses of ruling and the constant flying from base to base. He had for the most part kept it hidden from Father Andrews fearing the mans ambition and had already designed a contingency plan in secret with his trusted officers if the worst was to happen. This was because Houston didn't trust the good priest not to completely transform the country the Colonel had built into a total fanatics state. To this his wife called him a hypocrite given the Colonel own rise to power. Colonel Houston stands up short of breath but resilient his doctor urges him to cancel his address to the nation as long outside exposure to the cold weather will irritate his condition. He shrugs her off being a proud man and heads outside where state approved Reporters have gathered to hear him speak and ask questions.
Not many people are in attendance given the weather but plenty of cameras to reach those at home and abroad. "Hello citizens of Texas and subjects of other nations. I am here to talk about the Situation in Utah one of this nations dearest allies. I with considerable advice of those in our military agreed that war is not the way forward and as much as Foreign news outlets would slander us and make comparisons to the Nazi Regime in Germany. I will not throw away the lives of brave Texan men and women without purpose. The forces being sent to Utah and those currently training in Colorado are purely on a mission of peace and security" Houston holds the podium tightly as he begins to grow weak, members of his security detail stand close to him but know not to help as would portray weakness. He clears his throat "God Bless Texas, and let the lord continue us on the path of peace" he weakly walks back inside as the guards begin to clear the steps of the reporters.

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Charlotte, Confederate States of America

After the United States government dissolved North and South Carolina formed an official union as a sovereign state. Together the Carolinas were much stronger and soon Tennessee joined their union and officially formed the Confederate States of America. Under the leadership of Roy Copper the Confederate began to make some progress in developing a nation. After the Union was formed Georgia began to take aggressive measures and annexed Alabama and began to threaten Louisiana.

The Confederate saw it fit that Georgia was contained. After a skirmish in the Nantahala, forces in North Carolina and South Carolina invade Georgia. Forces fromNorth Carolina were stopped along Georgia highway 60. While they were in a deadlock in the North, South Carolina troops pushed through and defeated the majority of Georgian troops in Athens before pushing into Atlanta. After Georgia's official surrender The Confederate States of America invited southern states to Charlotte to attend a peace conference. Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, and Arkansas all joined the Confederate states.

With the Confederate State formed and fully unionized President Copper looked towards his former counterparts. With most of the states broken away from North Carolina. President Copper saw it fit to make alliances and set themselves up in this new arena. His first mission was establishing things with Texas, their largest and most powerful neighbor. Both were southern states and President Copper knew it would be unwise to go to war with Texas. As a sign of peace President Copper invited a Texan delegation to Charlotte.

To: Texas

President Roy Copper would like to invite a delegation from Texas to discuss the current setting and the future of the South. With the Confederate State sharing a border with Texas it would be best that we work together and promote a peaceful coexistence.
Last edited by North Timeria on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roxferd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Roxferd » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:37 pm

To: The Confederate States Of America

Our government accepts your gracious offer of Southern hospitality and wish to pay in kind as Colonel Robert Houston himself will lead the Delegation to Charlotte wishing to speak to President Copper directly as Southern gentlemen about the issues facing both nations

Texas: Southern Wind Take Me Home

Despite further protest from doctors the Colonel and his wife begin to pack for their trip to meet the Confederate President.
Last edited by Roxferd on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Republic of Colorado

Lieutenant Robert Schneider peered out the side of the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk as it cut across the sky, over scattered homes and quiet side roads. The helicopter as low enough that, in the distance, he could already see a few black dots blocking the highway; the local police had done their job. Behind him, two Boeing CH-47 Chinooks carried the rest of Alpha Company of the 5th Special Forces Battalion.

The lieutenant's mission was fairly straightforward. A group of unknown hostile persons had begun occupying land around the community of Briggsdale, in Weld County. The area's oil and gas projects were numerous and, due to the withdrawal of private security companies after the secession, mostly unprotected. The Party was already preparing for massive hikes in gas prices, but hoped to forestall the hike by ensuring the security and continued operation of the wells. Because of the labor shortage, the refinery in Commerce City had been given first crack at conscripted labor, and as a result, far fewer wells were even undergoing reconstruction, let alone operation. These secessionists had seized several wells, and the local police had called for military support to clear the heavily armed militants.

Schneider felt the helicopter shift its weight as it slowed down and prepared to land. He braced himself and saw two policemen take cover behind their squad car. As the helicopter touched down, Schneider relaxed and hopped out of the Black Hawk. The two deputies looked at each other, then one of them jogged over.

"We've got them trapped in the middle of a bunch of jackpumps", the deputy said, brushing sand off his vest, "but we can't get in any farther. One of our guys got hit by a sniper on one of the pumps, and we think there's more".

"Thank you, officer", the lieutenant replied, then turned and looked for his second-in-command. Finding him watching the first Chinook touch down, he walked over and relayed his orders for the clearance of the pump field.

2 hours later, it was over. When the Special Forces company launched a probing assault, the secessionists had tried to break out of the encirclement; however, a rapid counterattack had rendered this impossible. Exchanging fire with the Special Forces as they retreated to the center of the pump field, a brief silence was heard, followed by the short, sharp blast of many weapons firing at once, followed by complete silence. Rather than face arrest at the hands of the United Colorado Party, they had committed mass suicide. Upon investigation, the group had been intent on forcing eastern Colorado to abandon the Republic and apply for entry into...

"Monttowa? What the hell? Are you sure?", was the first question Schneider asked the county sheriff when he showed him the group's manifesto, which had been in the pocket of one of the members. "But that's way too far south to work."

"I don't know. I didn't think this junk up", replied the equally-confused sheriff.

As the sheriff walked back to the police command post, Schneider thought about the Monttowa thing. This wasn't a Party exercise, that was for sure. And they weren't high; the confrontation lasted too long for that. Either they were a Monttowa-funded terrorist group (ha!) or they were terrorists with the hope of becoming Monttowans. Either way, the foreign connection was worrying.

His commander thought so too, and reported it to her superior. From there, it began working its way up to Military Affairs and the Chief of Defense Staff, along with the rather less interesting, but more impactful, report of the loss of another oil field.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Official Puerto Rican Diplomatic Communiqué
To the Government of the Confederate States of America

To whom it may concern,

The government of Puerto Rico formally invites President Cooper of the Confederate States of America to attend a brief meeting with President Escalante here in our capital of San Juan. Trade and diplomatic relations will be discussed, along with ties to foreign nations and militaristic assistance. We hope you will attend this short conference so as to better our bilateral relations and overall benefit each other.

Best regards,
President Ricardo V. Escalante, Puerto Rico
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Republic of Colorado

President Terry Gerhardson stared at the report in his hand, not quite believing the words on the page. The report stated that, because of the lack of fuel production due to the shutdown of the Commerce City refinery, the country would be out of gasoline within a month at current usage levels. The heads of the various government departments seated around the conference table were silent, having already read the report beforehand, and were awaiting the President's response.

However, a response didn't come. Instead, the President laid the report on the table, then leaned back in his chair and sighed. Everyone there, including the President, knew how vital fuel was to the nation; with gasoline, the centrally concentrated armed forces would be unable to respond to any foreign border incursions. Emergency services would be unable to respond to calls. Foreign heads of state would be greeted by a waiting convoy of horses and carriages. In short, the republic would collapse.

Finally, Department of Energy Secretary Tyler Benson spoke up.

"Sir, we are working as fast as we can to get the refinery up and running, but it'll still be at least three months to repair the critical machinery. Electricity production will remain stable, as long as the coal mines maintain full production. Hydroelectrics are low, but we predict that they will remain stable for now."

"Could we just import some gas?", asked Treasury Secretary Aaron Waterman. "I mean, the money's in the Treasury to do so. Perhaps we could extend the Texans' road access in exchange for temporary imports?"

"Yeah? And then when Texas cuts off the flow and attacks, what do we have?", replied Chief of the Defense Staff Sam Perry. "Whole brigades of troops and squadrons of aircraft running out of gas before they ever reach the border? We don't have any leverage to ensure they maintain a flow. And if they know we're almost out, there's no reason for them not to stroll into Denver and annex us! See, if it was Arizona, we could at least cut off part of the Colorado River. But Texas has their own water supplies."

The President leaned forward.

"Unfortunately, Sam, we don't exactly have a choice. We have to import from somewhere", the President said. "Texas has been good to us so far, but we need to have alternatives. Utah?"

The rest of the Cabinet nodded, murmuring agreement.

"Then it's settled. I'l try to contact both, or failing that, an ambassador at least."

To: President Cox, Theodemocratic Republic of Utah

Greetings,

The United Colorado Party wishes to inquire as to the possible purchase of refined gasoline or the possible leasing of a refinery. We are willing to pay for market value, with a reasonable markup; alternatively, we can also provide access to Coloradan markets that are currently restricted to Coloradan purchasers only.

Sincerely,

To: Colonel Robert Houston, Texas

Greetings,

The United Colorado Party wishes to inquire as to the possible purchase of refined gasoline or the possible leasing of a refinery. We are willing to pay for market value, with a reasonable markup; alternatively, we can also provide access to Coloradan markets that are currently restricted to Coloradan purchasers only. Furthermore, if there are other avenues of exchange that you are interested in pursuing, we can certainly negotiate about those.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Tysoania on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cold War in 6 words:

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Charlotte, CSA
Texas-CSA Meeting

President Roy Copper waited at the airport to great the Texan delegation. They had overall maintained positive relations and he was looking forward to maintaining that relationship. They shared a border together and President Copper knew that a positive relationship would help them in the long run. If he didn't have to worry about Texas he could focus on making life better for the people in the CSA.

As the delegation arrived President Copper was there to greet them. The sun was shining today and the weather was near perfect.

"Welcome to Charlotte... Glad that you could attend."

Earlier
Before he headed to greet the Texan President Copper had received an invitation from Puerto Rico. President Copper approved and would attend after his meeting with Texas.

To: Puerto Rico

President Roy Copper will be attending after he has completed talks with the Texan delegation. We are glad that you want to work alongside the CSA and will do our part in coming together.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 pm

President Weiss
San Francisco, Pacifica

“What have you got for me?” President Weiss asked in the Pacific House [formerly the San Francisco City Hall] Situation Room. It was not the equal of what the White House Situation Room at its height, and probably left some to be desired in its current reduced status, but it was still an impressive suite to be sure.

“This first scenario is called ‘Acrion’,” the general replied. A map of Utah came up on the screen with several locations noted. “The highlighted sites are confirmed God’s Covenant training camps. The assumption used for the development of ‘Acrion’ is that God’s Covenant stages a cross border attack without support from Salt Lake. Predators deployed from Creech AFB will take off during low visibility conditions, likely at night, and maneuver to simultaneously strike these targets. We can expect minimal civilian casualties in this scenario, most likely families of the extremists.

“Our next scenario is called ‘Adrastus’. It assumes an attack with some level of collusion from Salt Lake. Target profiles shift to include Utah military targets, primarily radar stations, but also their intelligence headquarters. Again, this uses a nighttime assault which would minimize loss of life, particularly civilian loss of life.”

“That’s fine,” interrupted President Weiss. “What about invasion scenarios?”

“Sir, we have several more-”

“I’m sure you do. I want to see what we’ve come up with if we need to hit them hard.”

“Yes sir. This scenario is titled ‘Basilides’.” The general pressed a button and once more the screen changed. President Weiss thought for a moment how busy it all seemed. “It’s a full scale invasion of Utah. Operations would begin with a series of coordinate drone, cruise missile and fighter/bomber strikes aimed at crippling air and missile warfare capabilities as well as command and control networks. At the same time, the Cyber Warfare Command will begin a series of electronic attacks on Utah, targeting the same types of assets. The goal of the initial strikes will be to put them into a situation where they have to fight exclusively on their own soil with little to no ability to attack us on our own and take control of Utah airspace. From there, forces will move in to secure key locations west of the Wasatch range, with Salt Lake being the prized jewel. Once Salt Lake falls, it is likely the remnants of the Utah armed forces will fall back to the mountains and Colorado Plateau, waging a guerilla war that could last years. Under Basilides, assuming no intervention by Texas or anyone else, we project our forces having full control of the territory within two weeks of commencing the ground offensive. From there it will move into anti-insurgency operations and planning for the sort of asymmetric warfare we would face is difficult at the best of times.”

“What if Texas steps in?”

“We’re still gaming those scenarios, sir. We’ll have projection ready for you early next week.”

“Fine. Good work so far. Now I’ve got an idea at least of what my options are. Carry on, general.” President Weiss stood up and exited the room and returned to his office. He placed pressed the intercom and called in his chief of staff. “Get Foreign Affairs on the phone. I want to talk with our allies in Puerto Rico and see if they can’t get our ambassador a little bit of time with President Copper during the summit in San Juan, then see if we can’t get President Clark on the phone. I want to talk alliances.”

Tectonix
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Phone Call with the Pacifican Department of Foreign Affairs

Ambassador Entemont had just finished a stack of paperwork before the phone call came in. Puzzled upon reading the call origin, he answered it, saying, "This is Ambassador Entemont of the United Republic of Puerto Rico. With whom am I speaking with?"
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utah
אלוהים יברך את הרפובליקה דזרט העממית דרך כל זה לניסויים עתידיים ומצוקות, נשלטים על ידי המתפללים העסוקים ותמיד נאמנים של הלורד.
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake Temple, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Headquarters

It was a chilly morning,as the Utahan winters were all too unforgiving to the poor souls that mistook it for a summer day, forcing everyone and their dog or other animal that wanted to stay not frozen like a Popsicle inside the many buildings in the sprawling metropolis of the capital. Even Politicians and military commanders were not immune to this, As General Taylor Riding would find out amidst a burst of cold air as he made a mad dash to the temple grounds, gripping at the door handle before entering the significantly warmer room.
"Chilly this morning isn't it?"
The Secretary merely looked up and chuckled slightly. with a sigh, Riding walked up to her desk.
"I have A Meeting with President Hinckley."
"Ah, the Prophet himself, he's been expecting you're arrival all morning."
"In this weather? I have to say he's got some patience for my tomfoolery."
"The Prophet gets patience from the lord. right this way."
The secretary said, leading the general up the stairs to an office marked in big black letters:
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS
"This is it, let me tell him you're here."
With a slight chuckle, Riding stepped into his office and noticed the old,balding leader with glasses on his face,breathing lightly.
"President Hinckley, I am pleased to say that the Holy Guard has secretly been arming the local church members with firearms and giving them free weapons training courses for the eventual uprising."
"That is good so far, Does that idiot Cox know of our possible treachery against his regime?"
"He's currently being kept in the dark about what's going to happen. I can assure a majority in the County seats, Congressional Seats and Congressional Districts next week, if that fails,we'll launch the coup against the government regardless of what happens."
"What our bugs in Cox's government positions, has he announced cabinet positions?"
"Yes, the list is printed in the news."
Grabbing a paper, Riding held it up, with the names of the state positions announced.

Theodemocratic People's Republic of Utahan Cabinet and Government Positions.
Minister of Religious Affairs: Jason Bowler*
Minister of Inter-County Relations: Nathan Schules*
Minister of Legislative Procedures: Armando Larzargo
Minister of Defense:Jefferson Smithington*
Minister of Religious Affairs and Defense: Barry Theodore *
Minister of Agriculture:Kyle Reynolds
Minister of Urbanization:Michale Fitch
Minister of Transportation:Adolfus Karseni
Minister of Natural Preservation: Taiho Noyomora
Minister of the Elderly Defense Force: Billy Bob Johnson *

Smiling from ear to ear,he hoped that the insiders he placed inside the President's cabinet would do their job stiflingly in planting the seeds of dissent with the government, and soon the Mormon church would overthrow the crumbling secular state,and then the crusades would begin post haste, with the Objective of a burned down "Sin City" would be of vast importance along with a moral boost to the crusaders in accomplishing something against the heretical atheists and sinners.
"This is good, we have several insiders with that idiot Cox, get in contact with those loyal to the church and have them speed up preparations for Operation Jehovah's Sacrifice."
"Yes sir."

Wasatch Military Command Headquarters
President John S. Cox watched as several military commanders filtered into the small underground room, the amount of lighting nearly deceiving many new onlookers at the appearance of the bunker.Cox had never been much of a digger nor paid much attention during his construction class he took as a child, it being painfully evident when he had to ask what a shovel was and what it did. The Doors closed and the generals saluted before sitting in their respective seats.
"Welcome Generals of the Deseretian Army,We are here to discuss possible Offensive Actions we can take against Our Neighbors to the east or west. Operation Grand-house will involve 5,000 total soldiers in five main columns, with each column set to converge on Denver from multiple attack patterns, the air force will attempt to gain air superiority, failing that, we will have all units switch to anti air duties to prevent Coloradan jets from breaking through the holy veil of firepower that we'll set up. Communication with Each column is key and carrier pigeons will be used as a last resort, baring that all other forms of communication are knocked out during the assault.
Operation Judgment Day is the other alternative Against Pacifica. It will involve 2,000 soldiers in four main columns, with the rest in reserve, it will involve a mad dash towards Las Vegas, with the surrounding towns razed to the ground or looted for resources, it will be a grab and go, in which whatever wealth we could find in Vegas will be towed back to Utah before blowing up Vegas and leaving a scorched earth like tactical retreat, comparable to the Russians in 1810. This shall allow our economy a very, very slight hiccup in prices before going back down for thirty days. In case we are invaded by some foe,we shall defend mainly the cities of Salt Lake and Provo, while leaving just a corridor from the two cities to remain open in case of a full scale enemy invasion. every man woman and child is to be trained in firearms combat and hand to hand defensive bullshit. Questions?"
not one man raised his hand, much to the relief of the president.
"Good, Dismissed."

Classified God's Covenant Training camp
Soldier Travis Walker loaded his AR-15 assault rifle with a twenty .22 caliber round ammunition clip, it clicking satisfactory to his ears as he cocked the trigger of the rifle,aiming down the sites and letting loose with a few shots of the trigger down range.
BANG
BANG
RATATATATA
The echo of machine gun and semiautomatic rifle fire filled the air, along with the sight of flying discarded cartridges and the smell of freshly lit gunpowder. It reminded him of the water he had on the island, and so he put down his rifle and took a swig of the liquid, it feeling ticklish as it glided gracefully down his throat. As he was enjoying the drink, he was knocked over by a rush of men outside of the tent, when he tried to stand up, a fellow militia member excitedly helped him up and answered his question about what was happening.
"The Boss is here!"
"Huh?"
As he then got back up on his feet and rushed out with the dozen or so members, he saw three pickup trucks with machine guns and a pair of M60 Patton tanks enter the base, all painted with a pair of God's Covenant insignias on either side. As the mob of militants anxiously awaited their leader to appear, the hatch opened to cheers from them members, many of them crying out to the lord and saying thank you. the old guy merely smiled and held up his hand, hushing the crowd as the tank stopped.
"You are god's children, and you are some of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting this year. To think just a month prior, we were all struggling for survival if I had not come into your lives, I am the ultimate blessing, and with my guidance we shall launch a holy war agaisnt the heretical sinners in salt lake or Vegas, where do you wish to go my children?"
"Vegas, burn the sinners that gamble their livelihoods away, they shall meet us in heaven god willing!"
"Very well then, someone fuel up these tanks and trucks, pack up provisions and prepare to move out, but first, a prayer!"
Everyone then knelt down and began to pray, it started by the leader.
"Our Dear Father in Heaven,please bless that our trucks will work right, please bless that our troops will fight well in the upcoming battles, please bless all of our men with the safety of the lord, please bless that the tanks will work fully this time, please bless that our speed shall be unparalleled in the nation, please bless that the Cox heretical government sees the errors of their ways and helps us, I say these things in the sacred name of our lord Jesus Christ, the son of god, amen."
With several whooping cheers and hosannas mixed in between the shouting of praise, the base was soon abandoned as the convoy began to move towards Nevada.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse