NATION

PASSWORD

[Appeal] Removed from World Assembly

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Leshua
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Appeal] Removed from World Assembly

Postby Leshua » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:34 am

I saw a proposal to repeal something on the World Assembly and since I saw that there were people supporting it, I looked if there was a button to do so.
After not finding one I thought that to support it you had to start your own ''repeal vote'' and that the repeal votes would just be counted together then. To make it as easy as possible for everyone I decided just to copy the Proposal of the other state. After realising, that by doing that i had created a whole new attemt to repeal the act i tried to delete mine, but again didnt find any way to do so...
Now I am blocked from the World Assembly for a year, wich I think is a little overdone anyways...

So my question is: Is there any way to explain myself and get restored as WA member or do I have to live with this now?
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected thread title for Moderation
Member of the The Western Isles

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am

Leshua wrote:I saw a proposal to repeal something on the World Assembly and since I saw that there were people supporting it, I looked if there was a button to do so.
After not finding one I thought that to support it you had to start your own ''repeal vote'' and that the repeal votes would just be counted together then. To make it as easy as possible for everyone I decided just to copy the Proposal of the other state. After realising, that by doing that i had created a whole new attemt to repeal the act i tried to delete mine, but again didnt find any way to do so...
Now I am blocked from the World Assembly for a year, wich I think is a little overdone anyways...

So my question is: Is there any way to explain myself and get restored as WA member or do I have to live with this now?

From what I understand, here's your story:
You saw a WA proposal to repeal "The Right to a Lawful Divorce".
You wanted to support this proposal, but couldn't. (This is because WA proposals, as said on the proposal page, can only be supported by regional WA delegates, not just any member.)
You thought that in order to support it, you had to write your own repeal proposal, and so you copied the existing proposal and submitted it.
You then realized that you had created an entirely new repeal attempt, and tried to delete it, but couldn't. (This is because only moderators can delete proposals. You should have submitted a Getting Help Request immediately requesting deletion.)
And now you have been banned from the WA for a year. (This is because you plagiarized the proposal, submitting someone else's work as your own. This is one of the few offenses that will get you banned immediately.)

Assuming that you are telling the truth, I understand your confusion and frustration. I'm sorry that this happened to you. But honestly, this is what happens when you try to use something that you know nothing about. It's not a bad thing to have no idea how the World Assembly operates. Every user has been completely clueless before. But you should have learned about it before trying to participate in it. The WA section of the FAQ is an excellent place to learn the basics of how the WA works. That's where you should go now to start learning those basics.

Here's some good news. You as a player are not banned from the World Assembly. Only your nation is banned. You are free to make another nation and join the WA with it. If you do this, please make sure you know what you're doing before submitting another proposal. I don't want you to accidentally suffer another penalty.
Last edited by Phydios on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Leshua
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Leshua » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:31 am

Yup, that is what happened..
Gonna read the rules before I do anything on this site again :D
and thx for the clearance and help :kiss:

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:39 am

Leshua wrote:Yup, that is what happened..
Gonna read the rules before I do anything on this site again :D
and thx for the clearance and help :kiss:

Also, if your appeal is unsuccessful, you will be able to rejoin the WA on this nation in a years time anyway.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Moved, Technical :arrow: Moderation.

What you were looking for is an Appeal. I've moved the thread to the appropriate venue.

Based on what you said, and what Phydios summarized, I'm going to grant your appeal. It sounds like a newbie mistake. You won't regain lost endorsements, but you'll be able to reapply to the WA without penalty.

And good on you for reading the rules. Always a smart idea.

Leshua
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Leshua » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 am

Thank you very, very much :))

Return to Moderation