NATION

PASSWORD

SC Version of GA Secretariat

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Blackstool
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

SC Version of GA Secretariat

Postby Blackstool » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Title says it all.
Last edited by [violet] on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:17 pm

You'll have to expand on this or I'm going to lock the thread. What do you want? Why is it necessary?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 pm

The GA has a complicated set of rules that frequently require interpretation. Staff wanted to get more player involvement in managing that rule set, which benefits everyone involved.

The SC has a simple set of rules and much lower proposal volume. Mods are having no difficulty keeping up with the SC queue, nor is there much if anything to interpret. The SC doesn't need a secretariat.

Beyond that, what Luna Amore said.

Blackstool
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackstool » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:04 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:The GA has a complicated set of rules that frequently require interpretation. Staff wanted to get more player involvement in managing that rule set, which benefits everyone involved.

The SC has a simple set of rules and much lower proposal volume. Mods are having no difficulty keeping up with the SC queue, nor is there much if anything to interpret. The SC doesn't need a secretariat.

Beyond that, what Luna Amore said.

Luna Amore wrote:You'll have to expand on this or I'm going to lock the thread. What do you want? Why is it necessary?

Apologies. Upon reading Frisbeeteria's explanation, I realize I was wrong in proposing this idea. Please lock the thread.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:56 pm

Personally I would like to see a Security Council Czar who can veto poor resolutions.

I don't follow the GA all too much, so i'm not exactly sure how the Secretariats operate, but for the SC I imagine it could just be one active player, or maybe a handful. Just give someone the power to veto something going to vote just because it technically isn't illegal and only made it to vote by telegram campaign. Allow the mods to over turn vetos if deemed necessary, but anything to reduce the garbage making it to vote.

Personally I find it annoying Condemn Anarchestan made it to vote, and up next is equally annoying Condemn I Got Nukes Back Off, nether will pass, and it degrades the quality and content of the World Assembly.

Just my two cents.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

The Stalker wrote:Personally I find it annoying Condemn Anarchestan made it to vote, and up next is equally annoying Condemn I Got Nukes Back Off, nether will pass, and it degrades the quality and content of the World Assembly.

Honestly, the way to solve this is to use the institution of delegate quorum — counter-campaign to have people remove their approvals.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Right... Like anyone wants to spend money or put the effort in to do that.
The Mad King of Hell
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:18 pm

If you aren't willing to spend time or money then you won't get far in politics.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Heh heh, i'm more willing put in the time for politics, what I don't have motivation for is stopping the many spam resolutions, like the two back to back we're about to have.
The Mad King of Hell

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical