NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The Ethical Killing of Animals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:26 am

You sure you're not a gnome? You kinda look like the guy that whispers in the Emperor's ear when each new WA resolution is enacted. I would have thought that it is obvious how. You just have to have food slaughtered according to some religious tradition.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Jarish Inyo wrote:You sure you're not a gnome? You kinda look like the guy that whispers in the Emperor's ear when each new WA resolution is enacted.

Harold: That'd be my brother, Carl. He decided not to follow in the footsteps of our parents, who were clowns. I'm actually not the biggest clown in the family, you know. That distinction goes to my other brother, Boris.

Jarish Inyo wrote:I would have thought that it is obvious how. You just have to have food slaughtered according to some religious tradition.

Barbera: That would not allow you to bypass the entire resolution, unless you decided to falsify religious rituals. Such actions would be in bad faith, however.

Harold: On the contrary, depending on who you ask, that might end up being in good faith! I mean, who are we to judge which faiths are good and which are bad?
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 am

Barbera: That would not allow you to bypass the entire resolution, unless you decided to falsify religious rituals. Such actions would be in bad faith, however.

Harold: On the contrary, depending on who you ask, that might end up being in good faith! I mean, who are we to judge which faiths are good and which are bad?

With several old religions with rituals on how an animal should be killed and butchered, why would we have to create falsify religious rituals? And new religions are created all the time. Who are we to say those religions are false?
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:11 am

Jarish Inyo wrote:

With several old religions with rituals on how an animal should be killed and butchered, why would we have to create falsify religious rituals? And new religions are created all the time. Who are we to say those religions are false?

"In order to comply in good faith with that approach, your nation would have to make similar, non-animal related practices exempt. Since your nation is authoritarian and oppressive, that would be extremely out of character. In light of that, it seems that this is just an attempt to dissuade the author from forward progress."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"In light of that, it seems that this is just an attempt to dissuade the author from forward progress."

Or an attempt to point out the weak points, leaving it up to the author to patch them up?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:13 am

Araraukar wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"In light of that, it seems that this is just an attempt to dissuade the author from forward progress."

Or an attempt to point out the weak points, leaving it up to the author to patch them up?

"Given the history of the representative in question, that is unlikely."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Given the history of the representative in question, that is unlikely."

Well in this instance it serves the same function anyway, regardless of their intentions.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Jarish Inyo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jarish Inyo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:56 pm

"In order to comply in good faith with that approach, your nation would have to make similar, non-animal related practices exempt.

Actually, we already do give such exemptions for non-animal practices. How is that being oppressive?
Last edited by Jarish Inyo on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Nameless
Empire of Jaresh Inyo

Bakhton
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhton » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay on the fourth draft will be coming soon. College n stuff.
Big Blue Law Book
WA Voting Record
When your resolution fails.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23
Foreign Policy: -6.81
Culture Left/Right: -8.02

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly