McCarthy Was Right
Welcome all to the Right-Wing Discussion Thread (RWDT), where all are welcome to discuss all matters pertaining to the political right. This is a discussion thread about right-wing politics, not a thread exclusively for right-wing people. All are invited to post here, as long as discussion pertains to the topic and complies with the forum rules.
Suggestions for improvements, changes, or additions to the poll and opening post are very welcome.
Relevant subjects for discussion include:
- The politics, philosophies, and ideologies of the political right.
- Right-wing perspectives on economics and political economy.
- News and history relevant to the political right.
- Right-wing responses to current events.
- Right-wing perspectives on social and economic problems.
- Political, social, cultural, and economic problems and their solutions according to the political right.
- The problems facing particular right-wing movements or the political right in general, and how to resolve them.
Poll 2: Favourite Right-Wing Politicians? (Kauthar) - 25% voted Donald Trump
Poll 3: Favourite Right-Wing Autocrats (Unnamed Island State) - 45% voted Vladamir Putin
Poll 4: Best Right-Wing Countries (Kauthar) - Putin's Russia 21%
Poll 5: Best Right-Wing Idealogue (Legitimists)
Poll 2 Favourite Right-Wing Economic System - 31 votes for Neoliberalism
Poll 3: Favourite Right-Wing Dictator - 18 Votes Kai Shek and Pinochet
Poll 4: Favourite Right-Wing Dictator PART 2 - David Cameron 49%
Poll 5: Prominent Right-Wing NSers/Favourite Future Right-Wing Dictator - Old Tyrannia 39 votes/29%
Poll 6: Favourite Fictional Right-Wing Dictators - Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars) 43 Votes/23%
Poll 1: Favourite Right-Wing Ideologies - Libertarianism/Minarchism
Poll 2: What should be the most important core value of a state ideology? Liberty 47%
Poll 2: Favourite constitutional/government models? - US 166/528 (31%)
Poll 2: If you could ensure the survival of one empire at their height, which would it be? - The Roman Empire 119/495 (24%)
- Yes, and I have a positive opinion of it. It should remain legal. - 47 (30%)
- Yes, but I have a negative opinion of it. It should remain legal. - 14 (9%)
- Yes, but I have a negative opinion of it. It should be illegal. - 2 (1%)
- No, but I have a positive opinion of it. It should remain legal. - 26 (17%)
- No, and I have a negative opinion of it. It should remain legal. - 57 (36%)
- No, and I have a negative opinion of it. It should be illegal. - 11 (7%)
"Do you drink alcohol and what's your opinion of it?"
- Yes, Absolute, Elective - 29 (7%)
- Yes, Absolute, Hereditary (Agnatic Seniority) - 6 (1%)
- Yes, Absolute, Hereditary (Male Primogeniture) - 22 (5%)
- Yes, Absolute, Hereditary (Absolute Primogeniture) - 10 (2%)
- Yes, Constitutional, Elective - 41 (10%)
- Yes, Constitutional, Hereditary (Agnatic Seniority) - 15 (4%)
- Yes, Constitutional, Hereditary (Male Primogeniture) - 25 (6%)
- Yes, Constitutional, Hereditary (Absolute Primogeniture) - 36 (9%)
- Yes, Other (Please Explain) - 5 (1%)
- No - 214 (53%)
If you’re looking to read something relevant to right-wing politics, consider reading some of the texts below. If you think something’s missing from this list, please post a recommendation. If you think something should be removed, please explain why.
— Thomas Hobbes. (Read Here)
- ”Two Treatises of Government”
— John Locke. (Read Here)
- ”Reflections on the Revolution in France”
— Edmund Burke. (Read Here)
- ”The Wealth Of Nations”
— Adam Smith. (Read Here)
- ”Essay on the Generative Principle of Political Constitutions and other Human Institutions”
— Joseph de Maistre. (Read Here)
- ”Rerum novarum”
— Pope Leo XIII. (Read Here)
- ”The Crisis of the Modern World”
— Rene Guenon. (Read Here)
- ”The Doctrine Of Fascism”
— Benito Mussolini. (Read Here)
- ”The Conservative Mind”
— Russell Kirk.
If you’re interested in discussing matters pertaining to the political left, there’s also a Left-Wing Discussion Thread.