NATION

PASSWORD

The Russo-European War (Cyberpunk, RP, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

The Russo-European War (Cyberpunk, RP, IC)

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:12 pm

It is January of the year 2186 and continental Europe is engulfed in War. The Russian Confederation, its borders extending from the Pacific to Belgium, defeated the Portuguese and Italian navies at the Battle of the Ionian Sea, gaining naval control of the Mediterranean. In response, the Free European Alliance, a military coalition formed by France, Spain, Portugal, and Italy to protect their territories from Russian Invasion, began Operation Götterdämmerung, a two pronged counterattack against Russia. However, due to a miscommunication between European Intelligence and the High Command, both the Battle of Bavaria and the Battle of the North Sea were major military disasters, resulting in the destruction of a sizable portion of the French Air Force, the best Air Force in Western Europe, and the capture of Grand Admiral Edmundo Montenegro, supreme commander of the combined naval forces of the Free European Alliance. In retaliation, the Russian Confederation, having successfully negotiated a non-aggression pact with the United Kingdom, launched Operation Osvobozhdeniye, a D-Day Style invasion of Italy that would begin by landing soldiers on the other side of the Adriatic capture Italian Strongholds on the coastline. Despite the best efforts of the combined Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian forces stationed on and near the coast to defend the Adriatic Wall, a series of fortifications built to defend Italy from coastal attacks by mercenaries and pirates on Russia's payroll, the Russian Military still managed to establish and secure a beachhead. Angered at these humiliating defeats, the European Council forced Enrique Japón, a veteran of the Franco-Iberian Wars, to step down as Commandant suprême, the supreme commander of the Free European Alliance's military, replaced him with François Daucourt, the Commande aérienne (Air Commander) of the French Air Force, demoted Enrique Japón to the position of Comandante Junior de campo (Junior Field Commander), placed him in command of two recently levied regiments, and ordered him to reinforce the defenses of Rome and gather any forces he can find.
OOC Link: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=399385&p=30767556&hilit=russia#p30767556
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed May 23, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Enrique Japón Makes A Difficult Decision

Postby Widgetalia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:29 am

Milan. Lombardy. Italy
Enrique Japón frowned as he continued to receive intelligence reports of Russian victories, whispering last rites as he read the list of casualties. The defenses near Italy's border with Slovenia had fallen and the Russian Army was steamrolling their way towards Milan, defeating the Italian forces stationed near the Austrian border while suffering minimum casualties. Even with his ranks bolstered with Italian infantry and tanks, Enrique Japón could not hope to hold Milan against such overwhelming forces. "What are we going to do, commander? The Russians have captured Verona and General Vito De Pavia has ordered all available forces to make a last stand at Bergamo." One of his aides said as the roar of jet engines echoed through the sky. "Tell Vito that I am sorry for not being able to assist him in the upcoming battle and that I am thankful for his willingness to provide me with every infantryman the local garrison can spare, but my orders are explicit and come directly from the Commandant suprême himself. I need every soldier at my disposal if I am going to accomplish that objective. Before you speak with the general, notify the men that we head for Genoa at dusk and that we will be recruiting any farmer willing to fight for their homeland on the way there." Enrique Japón said as he motioned for the aide to leave his makeshift headquarters. Being born into poverty, Enrique Japón had more integrity than the generals and commanders he had served under during the Franco-Iberian Wars and did not have the ambitions or political aspirations that had caused the downfall of many of his superiors, his honesty and determination had gained him the trust and loyalty from the soldiers under his command during those hard times. However, the integrity that had shielded him from the poisonous vices that had consumed his commanding officer was also his greatest weakness. The guilt over the difficult decisions he made in war would often wake him up at night during peacetime and his inability to hide behind a politician's lies and smiles often cost him many potential friendships.
Last edited by Widgetalia on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Ravenna. Italy
"Intelligence reports indicate that General Vito De Pavia, the supreme commander of the Italian forces in Tuscany, is redeploying all available regiments to defend Bergamo. General Nikolai Khrushchev will oblige him while Marshal Fedor Vasiliev will capture San Marino and Bologna out from under his nose. Once General Nikolai Khrushchev captures Milan and San Marino falls, Marshal Fedor Vasiliev will head straight for Rome, capturing every town, village, base, and stronghold between him and his objective. General Richard Rydz-Śmigły will capture the area south of Naples in preparation for an invasion of Sicily if Italy refuses to surrender after Marshal Fedor Vasiliev captures Rome. Once Italy surrenders or we capture Sicily, the enemy forces at Naples will be too busy evacuating their troops to mount a proper defense. At that moment of weakness, we will capture Naples. You all have your order. Dismissed!" Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to the three commanders assigned to the Italian front before he left the room. Although Fedor Vasiliev was technically his superior, Field Marshal Sergei Chekov was assigned the role of supreme commander for the duration of the war due to his ability to adapt to any situation he was presented with.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Flarbinia wrote:Ravenna. Italy
"Intelligence reports indicate that General Vito De Pavia, the supreme commander of the Italian forces in Tuscany, is redeploying all available regiments to defend Bergamo. General Nikolai Khrushchev will oblige him while Marshal Fedor Vasiliev will capture San Marino and Bologna out from under his nose. Once General Nikolai Khrushchev captures Milan and San Marino falls, Marshal Fedor Vasiliev will head straight for Rome, capturing every town, village, base, and stronghold between him and his objective. General Richard Rydz-Śmigły will capture the area south of Naples in preparation for an invasion of Sicily if Italy refuses to surrender after Marshal Fedor Vasiliev captures Rome. Once Italy surrenders or we capture Sicily, the enemy forces at Naples will be too busy evacuating their troops to mount a proper defense. At that moment of weakness, we will capture Naples. You all have your order. Dismissed!" Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to the three commanders assigned to the Italian front before he left the room. Although Fedor Vasiliev was technically his superior, Field Marshal Sergei Chekov was assigned the role of supreme commander for the duration of the war due to his ability to adapt to any situation he was presented with.

"I approve of these plans Sergei. If this mission is success you may get a promotion in rank to Fleet Marshal of the Russian Confederation-Italian Division once we grab control of Italy. That means you can become Governor General of Russo-Italia the grand vision we once discussed before if you remember correctly with the President back in Moscow.Your supreme commander of the operations in Italy and I expect no less of you. Hope to see you in Rome. Please don't fail me.", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev exclaimed as he waved his right hand and then swung it to his side. "For Mother Russia! Field Marshal Chekov I need to talk to you in my office before you depart. Something has come up that concerns me."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:Ravenna. Italy

"I approve of these plans Sergei. If this mission is success you may get a promotion in rank to Fleet Marshal of the Russian Confederation-Italian Division once we grab control of Italy. That means you can become Governor General of Russo-Italia the grand vision we once discussed before if you remember correctly with the President back in Moscow.Your supreme commander of the operations in Italy and I expect no less of you. Hope to see you in Rome. Please don't fail me.", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev exclaimed as he waved his right hand and then swung it to his side. "For Mother Russia! Field Marshal Chekov I need to talk to you in my office before you depart. Something has come up that concerns me."

"This had better be important. The goal of this invasion is to knock Italy out of the fight before August. We cannot afford any unnecessary delays." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said in a polite tone as he headed to the office of Fedor Vasiliev, thoughts of the future filling his head for a brief moment. Once Italy had been secured, the Russian Army would launch a three pronged assault on France: one army would attack from across the Rhine, one army, lead by General Nikolai Khrushchev, would attack from Tuscany, and the other army, led by Fedor Vasiliev, would attack from Sardinia. However, General Richard Rydz-Śmigły would not be participating in that particular assault. Any military occupation would be faced with opposition from the locals. That problem could only be solved if a competent leader was left in charge of the forces occupying Italy. He dismissed those thoughts. Richard, Nikolai, and Fedor had been informed of the roles they would play once Italy had fallen.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:41 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

"This had better be important. The goal of this invasion is to knock Italy out of the fight before August. We cannot afford any unnecessary delays." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said in a polite tone as he headed to the office of Fedor Vasiliev, thoughts of the future filling his head for a brief moment. Once Italy had been secured, the Russian Army would launch a three pronged assault on France: one army would attack from across the Rhine, one army, lead by General Nikolai Khrushchev, would attack from Tuscany, and the other army, led by Fedor Vasiliev, would attack from Sardinia. However, General Richard Rydz-Śmigły would not be participating in that particular assault. Any military occupation would be faced with opposition from the locals. That problem could only be solved if a competent leader was left in charge of the forces occupying Italy. He dismissed those thoughts. Richard, Nikolai, and Fedor had been informed of the roles they would play once Italy had fallen.

"As you may know the UK is neutral but they have there eyes set on reconquering the United States in the future ---unless Russia decides to get involved. There is talk of Brazil lending aid to help our efforts. Nothing official yet right now or something to worry about. However the Northern Ireland Royal Banking Clan has come to me to Russian Confederation to help finance efforts to stop them or least sway influence to keep them if they ever decide to join the war. At best a protectorate status is something I am considering but both of us will plan a meeting with the President at some point in the future. This that concerns me of the Northern Ireland Royal Banking Clan's motives because they are only resistance against ruling crown of Ireland since they gained independence from the UK a few years ago. There is a front buildup also along the France-Italy border but a rather small one which should not be a threat. I have hired some mercenaries to spy on them to see what they are up to while the invasion proceeds as planned into Italy. One important development has come Ireland has agreed secure the naval between France and the English southern coast. Our president seems to agree with this move. That is all.", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev said. "So tell me does the President favor you becoming the next leader? Just wondering why you were appointed Supreme leader and not me. I hear his health is not good these days."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

The Battle of Bergamo

Postby Widgetalia » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:54 am

Bergamo. Lombardy. Italy
"Keep firing men! We are Milan's last line of defense! If we fail to stop the Russians here, Lombardy and Piedmont will fall!" General Vito De Pavia said as he moved from trench to trench, ignoring the medics that rushed past him to retrieve the wounded as tanks on both sides were destroyed with artillery barrages. The thunderous roar of artillery and machine gun fire echoed through the night as the Russians pressed the assault. "Napalm! Get to cover!" One of the soldiers said as Russian bombers dropped their fiery payload, the trenches glowing brighter than ten thousand Christmas trees with fluorescent bulbs. The heroic general was one of the first to be lit ablaze by the napalm strike, morale rapidly plummeting as the men who were out of range of the napalm strike saw their comrades thrashing around as they burned to death or slowly suffocated from inhaling the smoke, only a few of the men hit by the napalm managing to walk out alive. The survivors, having seen enough carnage and bloodshed for one lifetime, surrendered. The garrisons in Milan and Turin, upon hearing of the disastrous and humiliating defeat, surrendered without firing a shot. Lombardy and Piedmont now belonged to the Russians.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:13 am

Odinburgh wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:"This had better be important. The goal of this invasion is to knock Italy out of the fight before August. We cannot afford any unnecessary delays." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said in a polite tone as he headed to the office of Fedor Vasiliev, thoughts of the future filling his head for a brief moment. Once Italy had been secured, the Russian Army would launch a three pronged assault on France: one army would attack from across the Rhine, one army, lead by General Nikolai Khrushchev, would attack from Tuscany, and the other army, led by Fedor Vasiliev, would attack from Sardinia. However, General Richard Rydz-Śmigły would not be participating in that particular assault. Any military occupation would be faced with opposition from the locals. That problem could only be solved if a competent leader was left in charge of the forces occupying Italy. He dismissed those thoughts. Richard, Nikolai, and Fedor had been informed of the roles they would play once Italy had fallen.

"As you may know the UK is neutral but they have there eyes set on reconquering the United States in the future ---unless Russia decides to get involved. There is talk of Brazil lending aid to help our efforts. Nothing official yet right now or something to worry about. However the Northern Ireland Royal Banking Clan has come to me to Russian Confederation to help finance efforts to stop them or least sway influence to keep them if they ever decide to join the war. At best a protectorate status is something I am considering but both of us will plan a meeting with the President at some point in the future. This that concerns me of the Northern Ireland Royal Banking Clan's motives because they are only resistance against ruling crown of Ireland since they gained independence from the UK a few years ago. There is a front buildup also along the France-Italy border but a rather small one which should not be a threat. I have hired some mercenaries to spy on them to see what they are up to while the invasion proceeds as planned into Italy. One important development has come Ireland has agreed secure the naval between France and the English southern coast. Our president seems to agree with this move. That is all.", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev said. "So tell me does the President favor you becoming the next leader? Just wondering why you were appointed Supreme leader and not me. I hear his health is not good these days."

"No. He appointed me supreme commander because I can adapt my strategy to fit any situation I may face in war. The voters will decide who becomes the next president once the war is over. As far as the war is concerned, France is currently mobilizing, deploying, and levying forces to launch a counteroffensive, hence the need to defeat Italy before August. We will soon receive a report from General Nikolai Khrushchev on the status of our northern offensive. General Richard Rydz-Śmigły has already assumed command of all regiments in Southern Italy and will be heading for his objective. Once this little talk is over, you will begin your offensive immediately. As far as any plans for the United Kingdom to reconquer America, I doubt that will be a problem once Prime Minister Jared Monk's term is over. The British have enough financial problems to deal with without adding the cost of stationing and supplying soldiers on the other side of the Atlantic. Meeting adjourned." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said as he stared across the table into the ambitious eyes of Fedor before leaving the office.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:55 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

"No. He appointed me supreme commander because I can adapt my strategy to fit any situation I may face in war. The voters will decide who becomes the next president once the war is over. As far as the war is concerned, France is currently mobilizing, deploying, and levying force to launch a counteroffensive, hence the need to defeat Italy before August. We will soon receive a report from General Nikolai Khrushchev on the status of our northern offensive. General Richard Rydz-Śmigły has already assumed command of all regiments in Southern Italy and will be heading for his objective. Once this little talk is over, you will begin your offensive immediately. As far as any plans for the United Kingdom to reconquer America, I doubt that will be a problem once Prime Minister Jared Monk's term is over. The British have enough financial problems to deal with without adding the coast of stationing and supplying soldiers on the other side of the Atlantic. Meeting adjourned." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said as he stared across the table into the ambitious eyes of Fedor before leaving the office.

"This talk is over as got all the answers I needed.", as Marshal Fedor Vasiliev said as started opening the door. "Good I will ready the transport to move out then. I will radio in to get details of the report. "

Marshal Fedor Vasiliev got in the Humvee with his commanding officers. He pulled out some papers to show them them the objective. Then he turned the key to start the ignition.

He looked over at them as spoke as the officer nodded in agreement. "Hope everyone is here and accounted for. Got all your k-rations. Good. Let's go then."

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Widgetalia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Genoa. Liguria. Italy
"The Russians have captured Aosta and Bologna. Unfortunately, my orders prevent me from offering any assistance to the forces in this region. I hope you understand." Enrique Japón said to Major Iago Bentusi before motioning for his aides to inform the men that they will be leaving in an hour. "I understand. I have given you everything I can spare. I would advise moving along the coast until you reach Pisa to avoid Russian patrols. Once you have reached Pisa, gather every soldier and resource that Major Caesar Othello is willing to spare, then head straight to Rome. Once you reach your destination, await further orders." Major Iago Bentusi said right before Enrique Japón headed out the door.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Field Marshal Sergei Chekov Updates The Marshal

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:18 am

Bologna. Italy
"Excellent progress, Fedor. At this rate, Italy will be ours by the end of the month. I have received news from the frontlines. Major Iago Bentusi, the commander of the garrison at Genoa, has surrendered unconditionally to General Nikolai Khrushchev. I have ordered Nikolai to hold his position and secure the regions near Italy's border with France. However, that is not the only thing I came here to tell you about. Richard Rydz-Śmigły has been appointed governor of Italy by President Vladimir Kharkov himself. We both knew that Richard Rydz-Śmigły would be placed in charge of the forces that would be needed to occupy Italy once Italy either surrendered or was conquered, but no one expected the old man to be made the governor, especially this early into the campaign. Of course, that particular executive order doesn't become effective until Italy has been conquered or whoever took the reins of power after Italy's civilian leadership fled to Switzerland negotiates a surrender, so it won't be a problem while we are fighting the Italians." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to Fedor Vasiliev before looking at the map of Italy on the table, moving miniature tanks and soldiers and aircraft. Unlike France and Italy, Russia could not provide every tactician with a GPS or any other technologically advanced map. This forced the Russian Military to continue using paper maps and miniatures when planning offensive or defensive actions.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Flarbinia wrote:Bologna. Italy
"Excellent progress, Fedor. At this rate, Italy will be ours by the end of the month. I have received news from the frontlines. Major Iago Bentusi, the commander of the garrison at Genoa, has surrendered unconditionally to General Nikolai Khrushchev. I have ordered Nikolai to hold his position and secure the regions near Italy's border with France. However, that is not the only thing I came here to tell you about. Richard Rydz-Śmigły has been appointed governor of Italy by President Vladimir Kharkov himself. We both knew that Richard Rydz-Śmigły would be placed in charge of the forces that would be needed to occupy Italy once Italy either surrendered or was conquered, but no one expected the old man to made the governor, especially this early into the campaign. Of course, that particular executive order doesn't become effective until Italy has been conquered or whoever took the reins of power after Italy's civilian leadership fled to Switzerland negotiates a surrender, so it won't be a problem while we are fighting the Italians." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to Fedor Vasiliev before looking at the map of Italy on the table, moving miniature tanks and soldiers and aircraft. Unlike France and Italy, Russia could not provide every tactician with a GPS or any other technologically advanced map. This forced the Russian Military to continue using paper maps and miniatures when planning offensive or defensive actions.

"Indeed. However our spies have reported movement along the coast near Pisa. We have no idea if there headed to Pisa or trying to going to Rome. We need a large naval patrol and double up our defense on the west coast. I suggest to spring attack on Pisa and we come from the east in Florence. With reinforced positions in Siena and Grosseto in the south to cut of any push south to Rome.", Marshal Fedeor Vasiliev replies, as he point at places on map to Field Marshal Sergi Chekov. "If we can spare any troops if they are coming the west we solidify defense in Perugia but that may to be best idea. At best our best option is to close entry points at Tarquinia, Orte and Palestrina which are outlying cities outside of Rome."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:Bologna. Italy
"Excellent progress, Fedor. At this rate, Italy will be ours by the end of the month. I have received news from the frontlines. Major Iago Bentusi, the commander of the garrison at Genoa, has surrendered unconditionally to General Nikolai Khrushchev. I have ordered Nikolai to hold his position and secure the regions near Italy's border with France. However, that is not the only thing I came here to tell you about. Richard Rydz-Śmigły has been appointed governor of Italy by President Vladimir Kharkov himself. We both knew that Richard Rydz-Śmigły would be placed in charge of the forces that would be needed to occupy Italy once Italy either surrendered or was conquered, but no one expected the old man to made the governor, especially this early into the campaign. Of course, that particular executive order doesn't become effective until Italy has been conquered or whoever took the reins of power after Italy's civilian leadership fled to Switzerland negotiates a surrender, so it won't be a problem while we are fighting the Italians." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to Fedor Vasiliev before looking at the map of Italy on the table, moving miniature tanks and soldiers and aircraft. Unlike France and Italy, Russia could not provide every tactician with a GPS or any other technologically advanced map. This forced the Russian Military to continue using paper maps and miniatures when planning offensive or defensive actions.

"Indeed. However our spies have reported movement along the coast near Pisa. We have no idea if there headed to Pisa or trying to going to Rome. We need a large naval patrol and double up our defense on the west coast. I suggest to spring attack on Pisa and we come from the east in Florence. With reinforced positions in Siena and Grosseto in the south to cut of any push south to Rome.", Marshal Fedeor Vasiliev replies, as he point at places on map to Field Marshal Sergi Chekov. "If we can spare any troops if they are coming the west we solidify defense in Perugia but that may to be best idea. At best our best option is to close entry points at Tarquinia, Orte and Palestrina which are outlying cities outside of Rome."

"I have already alerted our patrols to the presence of this previously unknown force, but their orders are to observe and report any and all sightings, not to engage the enemy under any circumstance. If the commander of this new army is competent, he will have left Pisa and make a beeline for Rome once you have captured San Marino, after which you will head straight for Rome as planned. The garrison in Florence will most likely surrender without firing a shot once they hear that there is a numerically superior force in the vicinity. Intelligence reports indicate that Colonnello Pio Bellantoni, the supreme commander of the Italian forces in Tuscany, is currently mobilizing his troops for a counteroffensive. The garrison in Rome will surrender once they hear of his defeat and this "mystery army" that is currently heading towards Pisa will undoubtedly head for Naples, which will be your next target once Italy surrenders. I haven't been to Italy prior to this campaign, so you shouldn't be surprised that I had Lombardy confused with Tuscany. Returning to the topic at hand, you and Richard Rydz-Śmigły will have to capture Naples before they escape if you hope to eliminate this unforeseeable threat before they can flee to Corsica. If they do manage to escape from Naples, you will be able to deal with them in France or Spain. I only came here to update you on current events and to see if there is any progress worth reporting to the President. There are rumors spreading through the ranks that you will be appointed as Governor of Spain once Spain has either capitulated or been conquered. If these rumors are true, it will be a major boon in the election that will occur once the war is over." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to Marshal Fedor Vasiliev before leaving the room.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 am

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

"I have already alerted our patrols to the presence of this previously unknown force, but their orders are to observe and report any and all sightings, not to engage the enemy under any circumstance. If the commander of this new army is competent, he will have left Pisa and make a beeline for Rome once you have captured San Marino, after which you will head straight for Rome as planned. The garrison in Florence will most likely surrender without firing a shot once they hear that there is a numerically superior force in the vicinity. Intelligence reports indicate that Colonnello Pio Bellantoni, the supreme commander of the Italian forces in Tuscany, is currently mobilizing his troops for a counteroffensive. The garrison in Rome will surrender once they hear of his defeat and this "mystery army" that is currently heading towards Pisa will undoubtedly head for Naples, which will be your next target once Italy surrenders. I haven't been to Italy prior to this campaign, so you shouldn't be surprised that I had Lombardy confused with Tuscany. Returning to the topic at hand, you and Richard Rydz-Śmigły will have to capture Naples before they escape if you hope to eliminate this unforeseeable threat before they can flee to Corsica. If they do manage to escape from Naples, you will be able to deal with them in France or Spain. I only came here to update you on current events and to see if there is any progress worth reporting to the President. There are rumors spreading through the ranks that you will be appointed as Governor of Spain once Spain has either capitulated or been conquered. If these rumors are true, it will be a major boon in the election that will occur once the war is over." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to Marshal Fedor Vasiliev before leaving the room.

"The President has promised me that position. But the news I have that the capture of Naples will involve setting a trap for a traitor in my unit's ranks that is working for France in connection of the mystery army. We have no name who is in charge of it. What I have learned their leader has family in Naples which fortunately a blessing so the place will be leveled by an air and ground assault attack I have been planning for a month. Once that happens I expect that individual will crack and identify himself to us then we know the positions where the mystery army is located. The Italiano 88th Resistance Force they call themselves from what I understand from my contacts and guided through help of France."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:"I have already alerted our patrols to the presence of this previously unknown force, but their orders are to observe and report any and all sightings, not to engage the enemy under any circumstance. If the commander of this new army is competent, he will have left Pisa and make a beeline for Rome once you have captured San Marino, after which you will head straight for Rome as planned. The garrison in Florence will most likely surrender without firing a shot once they hear that there is a numerically superior force in the vicinity. Intelligence reports indicate that Colonnello Pio Bellantoni, the supreme commander of the Italian forces in Tuscany, is currently mobilizing his troops for a counteroffensive. The garrison in Rome will surrender once they hear of his defeat and this "mystery army" that is currently heading towards Pisa will undoubtedly head for Naples, which will be your next target once Italy surrenders. I haven't been to Italy prior to this campaign, so you shouldn't be surprised that I had Lombardy confused with Tuscany. Returning to the topic at hand, you and Richard Rydz-Śmigły will have to capture Naples before they escape if you hope to eliminate this unforeseeable threat before they can flee to Corsica. If they do manage to escape from Naples, you will be able to deal with them in France or Spain. I only came here to update you on current events and to see if there is any progress worth reporting to the President. There are rumors spreading through the ranks that you will be appointed as Governor of Spain once Spain has either capitulated or been conquered. If these rumors are true, it will be a major boon in the election that will occur once the war is over." Field Marshal Sergei Chekov said to Marshal Fedor Vasiliev before leaving the room.

"The President has promised me that position. But the news I have that the capture of Naples will involve setting a trap for a traitor in my unit's ranks that is working for France in connection of the mystery army. We have no name who is in charge of it. What I have learned their leader has family in Naples which fortunately a blessing so the place will be leveled by an air and ground assault attack I have been planning for a month. Once that happens I expect that individual will crack and identify himself to us then we know the positions where the mystery army is located. The Italiano 88th Resistance Force they call themselves from what I understand from my contacts and guided through help of France."

"With all due respect, comrade Marshal, our orders are to capture Naples after Italy has surrendered, not to create a manmade Pompeii. Any occupation will be met with fierce resistance from the locals and validating the stereotype of Russians being barbarian hordes ravaging Italy will cause Russia to lose any credibility it has in the eyes of the population it wishes to subjugate. Your president does not want the Russian Military to spend years fighting insurgents like it did in Poland and Slovakia, especially when the manpower and resources the Russian Military would need to divert to deal with an organized large scale rebellion are vital to the war effort. That is why he chose Richard Rydz-Śmigły as governor over Nikolai Khrushchev. I have witnessed enough interrogations back in Kazakhstan to know that someone with nothing to lose will be the exact opposite of cooperative when confronted. Regardless, you are a capable commander and I am proud to serve by your side during this campaign." General Arman Daniarov said as he pinned a medal to the chest of Fedor Vasiliev before looking back at the table. While Italian propaganda portrayed the armies they fought as being comprised of soldiers from Russia's territories, the reality of the situation was different. Turkish and Syrian armies were currently fighting alongside the Russians in Southern Italy, Romanian regiments volunteered to occupy towns, cities, and villages near Italy's borders with Austria and Slovenia, and troops from Kazakhstan had arrived in Italy half an hour before Fedor Vasiliev captured Bologna.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

"With all due respect, comrade Marshal, our orders are to capture Naples after Italy has surrendered, not to create a manmade Pompeii. Any occupation will be met with fierce resistance from the locals and validating the stereotype of Russians being Barbarian hordes ravaging Italy will cause Russia to lose any credibility it has in the eyes of the population it wishes to subjugate. Your president does not want the Russian Military to spend years fighting insurgents like it did in Poland and Slovakia, especially when the manpower and resources the Russian Military would need to divert to deal with an organized large scale rebellion are vital to the war effort. That is why he chose Richard Rydz-Śmigły as governor over Nikolai Khrushchev. I have witnessed enough interrogations back in Kazakhstan to know that someone with nothing to lose will be the exact opposite of cooperative when confronted. Regardless, you are a capable commander and I am proud to serve by your side during this campaign." General Arman Daniarov said as he pinned a medal to the chest of Fedor Vasiliev before looking back at the table. While Italian propaganda portrayed the armies they fought as being comprised of soldiers from Russia's territories, the reality of the situation was different. Turkish and Syrian armies were currently fighting alongside the Russians in Southern Italy, Romanian regiments volunteered to occupy towns, cities, and villages near Italy's borders with Austria and Slovenia, and troops from Kazakhstan had arrived in Italy half an hour before Fedor Vasiliev captured Bologna.

"The President fails to understand the enemy as much as I do. I have studied military strategy since age 8. The Russian Confederation diagnosed me as prodigy as a bright spot among weakened state since it lacks in tacticians. Surely that still matters to Mother Russia. None the less I am willing to put feelings aside and focus on the capture of Naples. After that I am headed to Moscow to speak with him personally.", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev responded, as he said firmly. "I worry that our strategy is going to fail. A resistance is growing in France and spies among us. I am starting wonder about many things, General. If things start to breakdown the Russian people backlash at us and start to doubt us what we are trying to achieve here."
Last edited by Odinburgh on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:"With all due respect, comrade Marshal, our orders are to capture Naples after Italy has surrendered, not to create a manmade Pompeii. Any occupation will be met with fierce resistance from the locals and validating the stereotype of Russians being Barbarian hordes ravaging Italy will cause Russia to lose any credibility it has in the eyes of the population it wishes to subjugate. Your president does not want the Russian Military to spend years fighting insurgents like it did in Poland and Slovakia, especially when the manpower and resources the Russian Military would need to divert to deal with an organized large scale rebellion are vital to the war effort. That is why he chose Richard Rydz-Śmigły as governor over Nikolai Khrushchev. I have witnessed enough interrogations back in Kazakhstan to know that someone with nothing to lose will be the exact opposite of cooperative when confronted. Regardless, you are a capable commander and I am proud to serve by your side during this campaign." General Arman Daniarov said as he pinned a medal to the chest of Fedor Vasiliev before looking back at the table. While Italian propaganda portrayed the armies they fought as being comprised of soldiers from Russia's territories, the reality of the situation was different. Turkish and Syrian armies were currently fighting alongside the Russians in Southern Italy, Romanian regiments volunteered to occupy towns, cities, and villages near Italy's borders with Austria and Slovenia, and troops from Kazakhstan had arrived in Italy half an hour before Fedor Vasiliev captured Bologna.

"The President fails to understand the enemy as much as I do. I have studied military strategy since age 8. The Russian Confederation diagnosed me as prodigy as a bright spot among weakened state since it lacks in tacticians. Surely that still matters to Mother Russia. None the less I am willing to put feelings aside and focus on the capture of Naples. After that I am headed to Moscow to speak with him personally.", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev responded, as he said firmly. "I worry that our strategy is going to fail. A resistance is growing in France and spies among us. I am starting wonder about many things, General. If things start to breakdown the Russian people backlash at us and start to doubt us what we are trying to achieve here."

"You forget that your president's plan for Italy requires the capture of San Marino and Rome, the last strongholds north of Naples, to succeed. Unfortunately, my men will not be able to assist you in the capture of Naples, as I have orders to secure Pisa and Sardinia once Italy has surrendered. The French may be mobilizing and deploying a sizable portion of their military for a counteroffensive, but they won't be able to launch a counterattack until August, considering that the majority of their soldiers are currently located on their border with Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg. The Italiano 88th Resistance Force is currently too small to be a threat on its own and Field Marshal Sergei Chekov is most likely devising strategies to deal with it when it becomes strong enough to face us on the battlefield. As far as any spies in our ranks are concerned, they are on borrowed time and that clock is rapidly ticking. You were chosen as a military strategic planner because you take every single detail into consideration when it came to military strategy. Now that we have discussed the issues you brought up, let's review the strategy for capturing San Marino one last time before we march on it. You suggested that we use airstrikes to take out their artillery emplacements, did you not?" General Arman Daniarov said as he glanced at Fedor Vasiliev before looking at the map, the miniatures representing the regiments and divisions that would be attacking San Marino in the positions those regiments and divisions would take prior to the beginning of the battle.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:

"You forget that your president's plan for Italy requires the capture of San Marino and Rome, the last strongholds north of Naples, to succeed. Unfortunately, my men will not be able to assist you in the capture of Naples, as I have orders to secure Pisa and Sardinia once Italy has surrendered. The French may be mobilizing and deploying a sizable portion of their military for a counteroffensive, but they won't be able to launch a counterattack until August, considering that the majority of their soldiers are currently located on their border with Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg. The Italiano 88th Resistance Force is currently too small to be a threat on its own and Field Marshal Sergei Chekov is most likely devising strategies to deal with it when it becomes strong enough to face us on the battlefield. As far as any spies in our ranks are concerned, they are on borrowed time and that clock is rapidly ticking. You were chosen as a military strategic planner because you take every single detail into consideration when it came to military strategy. Now that we have discussed the issues you brought up, let's review the strategy for capturing San Marino one last time before we march on it. You suggested that we use airstrikes to take out their artillery emplacements, did you not?" General Arman Daniarov said as he glanced at Fedor Vasiliev before looking at the map, the miniatures representing the regiments and divisions that would be attacking San Marino in the positions those regiments and divisions would take prior to the beginning of the battle.

"Yes I did suggest airstrikes. Is there a problem I am not aware of. Perhaps we should take a few bridges to prevent less routes to Rome. That would make the capture of San Marino and Rome much easier.", Fedor Vasiliev replied as pointed at a few bridge locations. "Even so perhaps we should make an appeal to the Vatican if we haven't already. They sure have been silent though they seem neutral which they won't be able to much longer. Having secret command of operations at St. Peter's Basilica should be considered and if not perhaps the church directly near it at Castel Sant' Angelo."

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Odinburgh wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:"You forget that your president's plan for Italy requires the capture of San Marino and Rome, the last strongholds north of Naples, to succeed. Unfortunately, my men will not be able to assist you in the capture of Naples, as I have orders to secure Pisa and Sardinia once Italy has surrendered. The French may be mobilizing and deploying a sizable portion of their military for a counteroffensive, but they won't be able to launch a counterattack until August, considering that the majority of their soldiers are currently located on their border with Germany, Belgium, and Luxembourg. The Italiano 88th Resistance Force is currently too small to be a threat on its own and Field Marshal Sergei Chekov is most likely devising strategies to deal with it when it becomes strong enough to face us on the battlefield. As far as any spies in our ranks are concerned, they are on borrowed time and that clock is rapidly ticking. You were chosen as a military strategic planner because you take every single detail into consideration when it came to military strategy. Now that we have discussed the issues you brought up, let's review the strategy for capturing San Marino one last time before we march on it. You suggested that we use airstrikes to take out their artillery emplacements, did you not?" General Arman Daniarov said as he glanced at Fedor Vasiliev before looking at the map, the miniatures representing the regiments and divisions that would be attacking San Marino in the positions those regiments and divisions would take prior to the beginning of the battle.

"Yes I did suggest airstrikes. Is there a problem I am not aware of. Perhaps we should take a few bridges to prevent less routes to Rome. That would make the capture of San Marino and Rome much easier.", Fedor Vasiliev replied as pointed at a few bridge locations. "Even so perhaps we should make an appeal to the Vatican if we haven't already. They sure have been silent though they seem neutral which they won't be able to much longer. Having secret command of operations at St. Peter's Basilica should be considered and if not perhaps the church directly near it at Castel Sant' Angelo."

"No problem. I just needed to confirm that you made that suggestion. Of course, the only bridges that your patrols were able to identify without going too far from vital supply lines are to the northwest of Rome. As far as establishing territory in the Vatican is concerned, it ain't gonna happen. In order to ensure stability in Italy after the Free European Alliance is defeated, Russia must uphold the Lateran Treaty, especially during the turmoil caused by a military occupation. As far as San Marino is concerned, we will have to fight for every square inch if we hope to capture it. The strength of the enemy fortifications and the organization of the forces we will be facing indicates that the commander of the forces in San Marino must be a veteran of the Franco-Iberian Wars, considering that Italy has mostly disregarded the lessons Spain had learned during their mutual border squabbles with France in favor of more aggressive strategies." General Arman Daniarov said as he studied a map of San Marino, looking for any weak points in the enemy's defenses as well as potential ambush positions or areas that could be minefields. Unlike other Italian commanders, who either launched desperate counterattacks against numerically superior Russian forces or ordered their soldiers to erect hastily built fortifications as the Russian Army was steamrolling towards their position, the "Lombard Hedgehog" was prepared for a prolonged siege, having earned his nickname by creating strategies that would bleed an attacking army dry. Unlike Bergamo and Bologna, where Russians and Italians fought each other in the countryside, both sides would be fighting in the city. The Russian soldiers would have to face miles of trenches, foxholes, bunkers, minefields, barbed wire, and artillery and tank emplacements to reach their goal.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Widgetalia
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

A Traitor Is Executed

Postby Widgetalia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:26 am

Pisa. Tuscany
"The situation looks dire, Major Benito Corleone. San Marino is under siege by the Russians and Rome will be the next target on their agenda. Fortunately, your mole in the ranks of the Russian Marshal's army killed himself to avoid being interrogated, so the Russians will not know my exact location until I am ordered to leave Rome. I will be heading there once the execution is over. You see, before your mole killed himself, he sent a message to me informing me that the Russian Army had discovered that I was near Pisa and that someone had leaked that particular information. Considering that as the commander of the local garrison, you would be the first officer to be informed of our arrival, you are the obvious suspect. Any last words before we send you to Hell?" Enrique Japón said right before the major's bodyguards, having lost friends and family when the Russians began their invasion, removed the major's weapons, tore off his medals, stripped him down to his underwear, blindfolded him, and dragged him into the courtyard. "I had no choice! My family is in Milan!" Major Benito Corleone yelled in a sobbing tone right before his former bodyguards cut out his tongue. Shortly after Major Benito had left the building, a drum roll could be heard, then a brief silence that was only interrupted by a volley of gunshots and the cawing of ravens. Enrique Japón then left the room, disgusted at how a man who had served his country proudly during the Franco-Iberian Wars could sell out someone who fought on the same side of those wars as him. As he left the building, he saw propaganda posters with slogans such as "L'Italia sarà vittorioso!" and "Resistere l'orda barbarica!" covering an entire wall, fueling his anger and resentment towards the European Council. The Italians had joined the free European Alliance when they were still recovering from the 10th Franco-Iberian War and they were paying for that poor decision. Millions of starving refugees, left homeless by brutal sieges in the south, were roaming the countryside, scavenging whatever they could from abandoned villages, towns, and farms. Many of these refugees, desperate for food and shelter, had volunteered to fight for the Russians as militiamen and scouts. The Italian army was in shambles and its current civilian leadership would begin negotiating a surrender when the Russian Army captures Rome. The garrison at Naples would make a last stand to buy the regiments that were still loyal to the President of Italy to escape to Corsica. When he entered the courtyard, he made a glare at his aides and they ran to inform the men that they would be leaving for Rome immediately, the thoughts about Italy's failures in this war subsiding for the moment.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Marshal Vasiliev in route to Rome; First stop San Marino

Postby Odinburgh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Marshal Vaseliev was enroute to San Marino first then after stopping there head straight to Rome to join up with the Russian 346th tank battalion there.

"I am headed to Rome to lead our tank battalion unit there but I am on my way to the outskirts of San Marino to meet with the commander of forces there first. He has information for me that is concerning but should not jeopardize plans for Rome. In the meantime we need scout out targets in Naples as I have heard they are sympathetic to the Italians. The siege in San Marino seems to be go well from what I have heard from the front lines. Rome is still in reach for victory", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev said General Arman Daniarov on a walky talky.
Last edited by Odinburgh on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Odinburgh wrote:Marshal Vaseliev was enroute to San Marino first then after stopping there head straight to Rome to join up with the Russian 346th tank battalion there.

"I am headed to Rome to lead our tank battalion unit there but I am on my way to the outskirts of San Marino to meet with the commander of forces there first. He has information for me that is concerning but should not jeopardize plans for Rome. In the meantime we need scout out targets in Naples as I have heard they are sympathetic to the Italians. The siege in San Marino seems to be go well from what I have heard from the front lines. Rome is still in reach for victory", Marshal Fedor Vasiliev said General Arman Daniarov on a walky talky.

"I went ahead to determine the strength of the San Marino's defenses, but it appears that one of your understudies decided to start the attack without you, underestimating the strength of the enemy defenses. I had to take command of the operation after the Italians used mustard gas on the command center he foolishly established too close to the front line. One of my aides was able to retrieve the files from the abandoned HQ before it was destroyed by an enemy artillery barrage, but the red ribbon on the folder indicated that I was not high enough in the chain of command to see its contents. I have managed to maintain the momentum for as long as I can, but my forces are losing too many men out here! Field Marshal Sergei Chekov has already rerouted the battalion you just mentioned, a battalion that should not have been that far from our supply lines in the first place, but I do not know when they will arrive. You and any soldiers you currently have, including any starving locals you may have recruited on the way over, are needed immediately. After all, you were ordered to capture San Marino and therefore a defeat would reflect badly on both of us." General Arman Daniarov said in an informative yet desperate tone as an aide came rushing in with a box full of updates from the front.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Odinburgh wrote:Marshal Vaseliev was enroute to San Marino first then after stopping there head straight to Rome to join up with the Russian 346th tank battalion there.

"I went ahead to determine the strength of the San Marino's defenses, but it appears that one of your understudies decided to start the attack without you, underestimating the strength of the enemy defenses. I had to take command of the operation after the Italians used mustard gas on the command center he foolishly established too close to the front line. One of my aides was able to retrieve the files from the abandoned HQ before it was destroyed by an enemy artillery barrage, but the red ribbon on the folder indicated that I was not high enough in the chain of command to see its contents. I have managed to maintain the momentum for as long as I can, but my forces are losing too many men out here! Field Marshal Sergei Chekov has already rerouted the battalion you just mentioned, a battalion that should not have been that far from our supply lines in the first place, but I do not know when they will arrive. You and any soldiers you currently have, including any starving locals you may have recruited on the way over, are needed immediately. After all, you were ordered to capture San Marino and therefore a defeat would reflect badly on both of us." General Arman Daniarov said in an informative yet desperate tone as an aide came rushing in with a box full of updates from the front.

"Who's the name of the commander that decided to start without me? I am going to ring his neck soon as I arrive in San Marino...in about fifteen minutes! I see Italian bomber planes overhead. Say about 20 above me. Oh shit! One just dropped a bomb that landed in a field near me.", Marshal Feder Vasiliev replied in a concerning voice. "When I get there the capture of San Marino will be completed. You can bet my ass on it!"

Then Marhal Fedor Vasiliev inside the Humvee deterred off path as a grenade bomb exploded causing the vehicle to go off path into a grassy field. He pull out his walky talky to communicate, "I guess I am going to San Marino by foot! F*** this!"
Last edited by Odinburgh on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:13 pm

"The understudy was in his command center when it was it by mustard gas and the medics did not have time to identify his corpse by name before the enemy blew it to smithereens. Don't worry too much about the enemy bombers. A fighter squadron has been scrambled to keep them off your back. There is a supply convoy heading towards San Marino. They will provide you with transportation. The forces under your command are currently en route. They should arrive a few minutes after you." General Arman Daniarov said as he received an update from the front.

Odinburgh
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Odinburgh » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:48 am

Flarbinia wrote:"The understudy was in his command center when it was it by mustard gas and the medics did not have time to identify his corpse by name before the enemy blew it to smithereens. Don't worry too much about the enemy bombers. A fighter squadron has been scrambled to keep them off your back. There is a supply convoy heading towards San Marino. They will provide you with transportation. The forces under your command are currently en route. They should arrive a few minutes after you." General Arman Daniarov said as he received an update from the front.

"Good thanks.", Fedor Vasiliev replied as the convoy arrived and shut off his communication device. He looked at them as commander of the unit stepped out of his Humvee and saluted him readying handover of command to Fedor. "I am Marshal Fedor Vasiliev and believe you know of me."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse