A quick re-posting of the Rules of Engagement so we're all on track:
There have been multiple requests for a chat thread in various forums. The fact that we have traditionally come down rather hard on them has been in place for ages, and for a number of different reasons. After discussing various points, and the fact that it seems to be something the players would really like to have, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes. Please bear in mind the following:
- There are no new rules for these threads. If you have a question on the rules, Reploid Productions has links in her sig to handy threads to refresh your memory. Things like ‘do not spam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind.
- Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it.
- These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places.
- Each chat thread will be locked, and linked to after reaching around 500 pages. Please do not try to race and fill up those 500 pages. These are not designed for competition in mind, just discussion between players on whatever it is that’s on their minds at the time (so long as it is within the site rules.) Please, don’t do it.
- No, this does not mean everyone can run out and create their own chat threads. Please do not go out and make your own in General. Location threads are still valid in F7. We still have to moderate things, and that's one of the reasons that chat threads are difficult - they move fast. Too many, and we'll drown. We hate drowning.
- Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let us know – we'll pretend to consider it before ultimately going with whatever title we came up with. TGs to me on this topic are not welcome
- Always look on the bright side of life
So there you go – a thread you can go to and not get yelled at for chatting, or going off topic (within reason). Hope you can enjoy, folks!
For those asking about How To Self-Moderate:1: Ask or remind politely if spamming or inappropriate posting takes place.
2: If it isn't egregious, let it go.
3: If it is, and the polite request/reminder goes ignored, report it in Moderation.
4: Do not hijack the entire thread by getting into a prolonged argument over it.
5: Remember that the rules of the thread are really no different from the rest of the forums, save TET is intended as a chat thread, and thus, the ideas of 'spamming' and such are somewhat relaxed. Don't be overly-uptight when attempting to help keep things clean.
6: No one is to consider themselves the security officers of TET - while we encourage and appreciate player participation in leading by example, and gently reminding others to keep things on track, the Moderators are the 'arbiters of thread justice' and players have no authority, perceived or otherwise outside their OP rights in the RP forums.
7: Be excellent to one another. A reminder of the need for better behavior ought to be delivered with this in mind, and with the end goal of keeping the thread clean, and fun for all. Not to impose opinions or preferences on your fellow posters. Remind as you would like to be reminded, keep it civil.
8: Leave the drama, divisiveness, cliques, accusations, and assorted nastiness at the door. Don't track it in all over our nice clean thread. The continuance of the thread is up to you, the players, to maintain. Let's keep the fun uninterrupted by keeping things pleasant.
TET 1 - 100
Part 101 -- Part 102 -- Part 103 -- Part 104 -- Part 105 -- Part 106 -- Part 107 -- Part 108 -- Part 109 -- Part 110
Part 111 -- Part 112 -- Part 113 -- Part 114 -- Part 115 -- Part 116 -- Part 117 -- Part 118 -- Part 119 -- Part 120
Part 121 -- Part 122 -- Part 123 -- Part 124 -- Part 125 -- Part 126 -- Part 127 -- Part 128 -- Part 129 -- Part 130
Part 131 -- Part 132 -- Part 133 -- Part 134 -- Part 135 -- Part 136 -- Part 137 -- Part 138 -- Part 139 -- Part 140
Part 141 -- Part 142 -- Part 143 -- Part 144 -- Part 145 -- Part 146 -- Part 147 -- Part 148 -- Part 149 -- Part 150
Part 151 -- Part 152 -- Part 153 -- Part 154 -- Part 155 -- Part 156 -- Part 157 -- Part 158 -- Part 159
Part 160 -- Part 161 -- Part 162
Last one: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=395771