NATION

PASSWORD

Black Mississippi Church Torched

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Black Mississippi Church Torched

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:30 am

A black church in Mississippi was vandalized and burned last night, with the words "vote trump" scrawled on the side in white. Thankfully no one was hurt.
News: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/mississi ... n=politics
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news ... /93161132/

My opinion on this act of violence: This is disgusting, vile, and down right EVIL. This reminds me of what happened in Charleston last year. It also reminds me of the Kristalnacht. This pisses me off to the point where words can not describe. I do think that both candidates need to condemn this act of violence and make their supporters promise that no violence will occur on Election Day.

So what do have to say NSG? Do you that this will effect the election in any way?
Last edited by Thermodolia on Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:35 am

Worst is, at this point, it could be both racist Trump supporters or ideologically driven Hillary ones.
Shameful in both case.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

Aelex wrote:Worst is, at this point, it could be both racist Trump supporters or ideologically driven Hillary ones.
Shameful in both case.

I think we know which is more likely.
Especially seeing as how Trump voters have demonstrated a capacity for violence already as well as threats of treason and murder.
Last edited by Genivaria on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

What goes through the heads of these people, I wonder?

"I want to get people to vote for my candidate. I know, I'll burn down a minority church, that'll convince them my cause is just!"

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

Aelex wrote:Worst is, at this point, it could be both racist Trump supporters or ideologically driven Hillary ones.
Shameful in both case.

In either case both candidates need to condemn this act of terror and violence
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

Is there anything from the police yet?
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 am

Thermodolia wrote:A black church in Mississippi was vandalized and burned last night, with the words "vote trump" scrawled on the side in white. Thankfully no one was hurt.
News: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/mississi ... n=politics
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news ... /93161132/

My opinion on this act of violence: This is disgusting, vile, and down right EVIL. This reminds me of Charleston last year. It also reminds me of the Kristalnacht. This pisses me off to the point where words can not describe. I do think that both candidates need to condemn this act of violence and make their supporters promise that no violence will occur on Election Day.

So what do have to say NSG? Do you that this will effect the election in any way?

I didn't think of Kristallnacht, but this is pretty despicable.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 am

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 am

The East Marches wrote:Is there anything from the police yet?

The FBI is investigating.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:39 am

$7,000 in two hours is pretty damn good
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:39 am

Shameful, but I seriously doubt the legitimacy of the "Vote Trump". It's way too bland, not special, and if anything looks like it is meant to hurt him
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 am

Genivaria wrote:
Shameful in both case.

I think we know which is more likely.
Especially seeing as how Trump voters have demonstrated a capacity for violence already as well as threats of treason and murder.

Ignore the numerous violent anti-trump rallies and the countless assaults on Trump supporters, close your eyes, cover your ears, and shout as loud as you can that Trump's supporters are the violent ones.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:43 am

That is horrible.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:43 am

Awful.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:45 am

Crockerland wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I think we know which is more likely.

Ignore the numerous violent anti-trump rallies and the countless assaults on Trump supporters, close your eyes, cover your ears, and shout as loud as you can that Trump's supporters are the violent ones.

Yeah, not to mention, Trump is also very much a warmonger...........

Korwin-Mikke 2020

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:45 am

Crockerland wrote:

Yes I've heard of these instances...mainly from Trump.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:46 am

The Portland Territory wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Ignore the numerous violent anti-trump rallies and the countless assaults on Trump supporters, close your eyes, cover your ears, and shout as loud as you can that Trump's supporters are the violent ones.

You are aware that's fake, yes?

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:46 am

Some people are dicks. news at 11.
#NSTransparency

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 am

The Portland Territory wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Ignore the numerous violent anti-trump rallies and the countless assaults on Trump supporters, close your eyes, cover your ears, and shout as loud as you can that Trump's supporters are the violent ones.

Wowie! A picture with a caption!
Boy I'm convinced now!

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 am

Genivaria wrote:

Yes I've heard of these instances...mainly from Trump.

I guess you should look at the news, and I don't mean The Young Turks.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Zakuvia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zakuvia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:48 am

The Klan's official newspaper endorses Donald Trump, so frankly I think this church got off lightly. Still terrible, and I'm glad to see the funds to help repair the damage came in so fast.
Balance is important in diets, gymnastics, and governments most of all.
NOW CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF NS!
-1.12, -0.46

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:48 am

Crockerland wrote:

This isn't the first time Trump supporters have done a violent act.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:48 am

And, of course, CNN has everything, including this, below Election stuff.
Of course.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Freefall11111
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freefall11111 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 am

Thermodolia wrote:

$7,000 in two hours is pretty damn good

Over $9,600 now. Rising very fast.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:55 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

This isn't the first time Trump supporters have done a violent act.

Dont assume that it was a Trump supporter. I've been told these things many times here before, so I'll tell it to you now
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General