NATION

PASSWORD

Fatwa against suicide bombing issued

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Fatwa against suicide bombing issued

Postby Gauthier » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Islamic scholar Tahir ul-Qadri issues terrorism fatwa

Mohammen Tahir ul-Qadri has come up with a fatwa that he says refutes the points made by the likes of Al'Qaeda while declaring that suicide bombing and terrorism is explicitly forbidden by Islam.

Dr Qadri spoke for more than hour to an audience of Muslims, clergy, MPs, police officers and other security officials.
"They [terrorists] can't claim that their suicide bombings are martyrdom operations and that they become the heroes of the Muslim Umma [global brotherhood]. No, they become heroes of hellfire, and they are leading towards hellfire," he said.
"There is no place for any martyrdom and their act is never, ever to be considered jihad."

It won't do a damn thing to the hardcore nuts getting ready in training camps, but this should open debate on how Islam should be perceived and followed. And the fatwa sure doesn't sound like it's condoning suicide bombing either.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 pm

It's a good thing but my first thought was, "I wonder how long until someone blows him up?"
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Berzerkirs
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Berzerkirs » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Yes, I second that. And by 'that' I mean, how long until someone takes him out?

Other than that, I believe his preaching will have minimal effect.
We RP as Kiojin.
Quotes and Such
"If you're under 30 and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain."

Manahakatouki wrote:
Berzerkirs wrote:The Incan god of the moon jizzed on the earth, and so sprouted the grass and various other plants.
True story. ;)

I was there...I told him to freakin' clean it up...He refused, peeing thus on some of his jizz...These my friends are dandelions...

^That was for you WWIIHG! <3

Member of CoD [Council of Dictators]

"You laughed, therefore I'm right."-Berz

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:15 pm

ul-Qadri goes even further than most Islamic scholars who declared suicide bombing un-Islamic:

But some scholarly rulings in the Middle East have argued that the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is an exceptional situation where "martyrdom" attacks can be justified.
Dr Qadri said he rejected that view saying there were no situations under which acts of vengeance, such as attacks on market places or commuter trains, could ever be considered a justifiable act of war.

In fact, he's saying that Palestinian suicide bombing is just as immoral and hellfire worthy.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Saint Clair Island
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Clair Island » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm

I'd put $50 on him being assassinated, but only a fool would take that bet.

Shall we start a betting pool for when and how he'll be assassinated?
Signatures are for losers.

Return to General