NATION

PASSWORD

In Medias Res (Nation Maintenance)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

In Medias Res (Nation Maintenance)

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Nation Maintenance

"These are threads that are intended to catalog various events that might not be appropriate for a multi-author role-play or that might benefit from the short form but all are intended to focus on building and displaying the character (and characters) of a NationState." - Sunset

This thread is, of course, closed for anyone other than myself. The main purpose can simply be described in the above quote. The mission of my nation maintenance is to reestablish a state of normalcy and new standards for future roleplays. As such, a disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, none of the stories written here are to be interpreted as a canon roleplay and are only meant as an author's guide; any mention of nations, events, characters, or other information may not be representative of a canon roleplay. Regardless, I invite all nations to read through the stories I create and the evolution of my writing, any advice or tips can be sent to me via telegram and I will make every effort to read them and integrate your suggestions and criticisms into both future posts here and in future roleplays as a whole.

Part I: A Deep Slumber

It's a late night for Tanner Goebel-Westfallen III, after spending much of the week traveling Sunalaya and speaking with foreign leaders, he was finally granted a necessary vacation from it all.

He planned to spend a few days in a private villa with Faith, his ever beautiful wife, and relax until it became necessary to return to the mainland. Upon walking through the doors of the Romalean designed mansion, Faith was already relaxed and left for the cellar to recover a vintage 1786 New Dormillian Maple Wine, Tanner on the other hand tried to rest on the couch but was still tense when Faith walked behind him with the wine and a pair of glasses, Don't worry about them honey, I'm sure Mr. McCeleary can handle things while we’re away slithered into the Emperor’s ears as she poured the wine. You're right, Faith. Tonight’s our night together, he responded, taking a sip of his wine. They spent the rest of the night inside the Villa, which at this point needs some interior renovations.

Laying beside her in their bed, with a few more wine bottles scattered around them and their sheets in tatters, Tanner’s wine-influenced dreams would take a vivid and weird turn...
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Non-Canon: A Final Act, Part I

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:32 pm

A Final Act, Part I

Zaragoza, Xaverium
June 19, 2019
5:56 PM Local Time
Trinidad Treaty Alliance Headquarters

The Head of the Trinidad Treaty Alliance has been stirring over the past two weeks, following the breakage of the Dormill-Stiuraian blockade of the Trinidad Strait and the movement of several naval forces deeper into the Great Parkland Sea, the Alliance has been running around, submitting and editing plans, moving forces, and being very nervous. Walking along the concrete sidewalk is Primarch Tanner Goebel III, phone firmly planted to his left ear and guards none too far from his location, keeping an ever watchful eye out for posssible danger that, at this very uncertain time, could be lurking behind every corner. Tanner is locked in an argument with Faith, his girlfriend who is adamantly opposed to the recent moves and expansions the military has made in these last two weeks.

"Look, I know this means a lot to you, but there's no other way around this that I can find." Tanner goes on, placating her.

"Sure, you say that yet more and more people are signing up to the Army now than in our lifetime! And here you are refusing peace from Roundrock! What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong, it's time that the Veridian Republic learned who was the superior power in Auralia, and I'll show them by the only means left at my disposal."

"War isn't the only way to show superiority. Why don't you try to work with the Veridians rather than plot to kill hundreds of thousands of them off? This can destroy our nation, Tanner. Do you ever think about that?"

"Do you know to whom you're speaking, Faith? I am the Primarch, I've been raised to think only about the Kingdom at large, never about my needs. This is something I have to do, just, leave me alone for a while. I have a War to conduct."

"Fine, just remember who you're leaving back at home."

Putting his phone back into his pocket, Tanner walks closer towards the headquarters building, closer to his destiny, closer to the end of a 5 decade long rivalry.

Inside the Headquarters Building

The Headquarters is a fairly large building, designed by some of the finest architects in North Pooristan and Xaverium, represents the unity of the Trinidad Treaty Alliance, and their continued mission in defending and advancing the Trinidad Strait and the nations that rely on it for trade. Their symbol, the bow of a warship cutting through the waves, bearing the Dormill-Stiuraian, Dredonian, Pooristani, and Xaverian flags is plastered on the floor of the main hall and draped in flag form overhead, this building stands as a monument of progress and the future of Auralia, one that Tanner Goebel III is determined to see.

Walking through the building and ascending several elevators, he arrives at one of the planning rooms of the Trinidad Treaty Alliance, this time marked with "Voting Powers and High Commanders Only!" and knocks on the door. Two guards on the other side quickly open the doors and permit the Primarch entrance into the room, already populated with smoke and men from the last several hours. In front of him is his seat, the placard reading "Primarch Tanner Goebel III of Dormill and Stiura, founding member of the TTA" studded with a gold border representing national leaders shining in the light of the planning room. With the doors closing behind him, the room falls silent as Tanner walks towards his seat, Rhia Ibara Dakusili Karitako at his right, El Caudillo Jose Rodriguez at his left, and Emperor Honald Krump ahead of him. Alongside them are the business leaders who represent the commerce and advancement part of the Trinidad Treaty Alliance and the generals and commanders of the four nations. Tanner recovers his seat and grabs the documents in front of him entitled "Memorandum Concerning Operation: Curtain Call and associated operations" to which he promptly opens and examines.

After a few moments of sitting in silence as Tanner reads the plans, he stands up in front of the crowd, regal and humbled by the company he has kept during his reign.

"So, are we all ready for this?" he asks, followed by a unanimous yes from the others seated.

"Then may this be our grand alliance's finest hours!" in a booming voice, sitting back down and looking onto the screen, displayed are three people, Supreme Commander of Curtain Call North; Army General Joseph Farrell, Supreme Commander of Curtain Call Parkland; Major General Nicholas Sanford, and Supreme Commander of Curtain Call South; Admiral Tjeerd Van Haenraats. These three are among the best the Trinidad Treaty Alliance has to offer for commanders, and they are all honored to be leading the TTA into what many of them think is a well fought victory over Veridi and AMETA.

Olympia, Jahoole
June 20, 2019
1:47 AM Local Time
Port of Olympia

The black of night, that uncertain time where anything can happen with very few people ever seeing what's going on. Jahoole isn't a nation particularly known for staying with the times, only just recently erecting 4G cell phone towers across the nation, meaning that most of the streetlights on the island are not the best for keeping the streets below them very well light. It's under these weak lights that the dirty work of nations is done. A few days prior to the announcement of Dormill and Jahoole's mutual pact, several members of the Joker's Deck has managed their way onto shipments of food outbound from Epsis to help feed some among Jahoole's less fortunate. The group of ten bodies, each dressed in well recreated VRGA Spec Ops uniforms, moves silently through the shadows into the city, making absolutely sure that they remain undetected. Unbeknownst to the squad, they are being watched by even more dark uniformed persons, the one holding the binoculars signals across the street to another fellow, notifying them that more secret agents have arrived.

"So, Boss. This seems like an interesting plan." a voice sounds from the internal radios of the Dormill-Stiuraian operatives.

"No more interesting than Undertale, Newbie. You should know that." Boss replies sternly, hoping this conversation runs short

"I've heard enough about that name but nobody has told me why 'Undertale' is such an important operation. Seriously, why do you all care so much about it?"

"Undertale was one of the first times since 2015 that the Deck has done an active operation against the Veridians. The operation was essentially the same as this one, strap explosives all over the place and blame the Veridians for the mess. Only this time we can start a much bigger war with it." another voice replies

"Can it, both of you!" Boss interrupts, "We have a mission, see it through."

"Yes sir." comes from the other two, the remaining members continuing forward into the Jahooleian Capital.

A few blocks from the Jahooleian Parliament

The Parliament of Jahoole, the most extravagant building aside the Palace of the Emperor in the entire nation, is alight tonight. The National Assembly of Jahoole has been fully convened over the last week concerning rising tensions and the moves made by Dormill and Stiura alongside the rest of the Trinidad Alliance. Emperor Boyd is seated at the top of the Assembly Podium, overlooking the entire national assembly as its members debate over their decisions, though ultimately powerless to the Emperor's word. Many of them debate the implications of both the Primarch's and Emperor's actions, several members agreeing that maybe the TTA is trying to defend Jahoole from possible aggression from Veridi, but many of them remain silent to the Emperor, who has grown desperate in defending himself that he even ordered the construction of 50 ft tall electric fences around every major city and base. Guards stand erect all around the building, both inside and out, knowing that there is a good chance that Parliament may come under attack, protests outside haven't made this easier for both local police and Parliament security, at least 50 of which are no more than 10 ft from the Emperor on his orders, with the children he had adopted in a separate room, being kept busy or asleep while this is going on.

The team of operatives arrive at a rooftop just above the Parliament building and have already dispatched plenty of guards while awaiting further orders. Boss and 4 others are on the ground, setting up what they need to along the base of the Parliament building, high power explosives, more than enough to topple the pillars that hold the Pantheon style roof over the remainder of the building. Operative Tightrope stands on the edge of the building, awaiting the right moment and the break in the guard patrols to zip line right in undetected.

The other shadows slithered through the streets, sneaking behind the barely noticeable trail the Dormill-Stiuraians had left behind in their operation. These are VRGASF agents, tasked with monitoring the activities of any foreign nation in countries nearby the Veridian Republic, Jahoole being a priority due to their relations with the TTA. Their orders were to observe, not intervene, Veridian Intelligence Agencies still didn't know what the Dormill-Sturaians were planning by breaking the Trinidad Blockade and moving their navy inwards, but it couldn't mean any good. Regardless of this fact, any kind of intervention would mean tipping off Dormillian Intelligence Agencies and even possibility triggering a war. So they watch from a distance, keeping tabs on their movement and reporting back to Veridian HQs with new intel.
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Canon: The Halls of New Avillon, Part I

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Congressional Halls, New Avillon, United Estates of Dormill and Stiura
6th of October, 2017, 11:45 AM
75 Days until the General Election
Forum of Dormill and Stiura

"Acknowledging that the Office of the President has not responded to this Forum's inquiry of an extension of this 17th National Congress of the United Estates of Dormill and Stiura, by the powers vested in me by the Constitution, I shall call to motion the recess of this Forum until it is reconvened at the appropriate time, as prescribed by the Constitution." Speaker Kermit Benbow began. As is tradition (since the new Constitution does not contain any provision on when sessions of the National Congress should end), after sending an official inquiry to the President, asking if they wish to extend the current National Congress beyond the normal day when it is to end, the Speaker of the Forum of Dormill and Stiura will call the motion to end the session through recess. The process will be repeated in the Council in a few moments, and if all goes quickly, the current session will end exactly at Noon. The vote within the Forum was smooth, all present Representative-Speakers voted in favor of the recess and left in a ceremonious fashion.
Council of Dormill and Stiura

Vice President, and Executive Councilor, Mariette Tremble stood from her seat in the center of the completely circular chamber and spoke in her somber tone, "Acknowledging that the Office of the President has not responded to this Council's inquiry of an extension of this 17th National Congress of the United Estates of Dormill and Stiura, by the powers vested in me by the Constitution, I shall call to motion the recess of this Council until it is reconvened at the appropriate time, as prescribed by the Constitution." And just as before, at noon exactly, the Council voted to end their session, and left in the same fashion as before.

Reporters from across the nation now began to grow all abuzz without the National Congress, and the same old speculation heard year after the year began with flippant claims that the President has the power to do whatever she wishes, or that the Estates can no get away with anything without the oversight of the National Congress. Some also began to think about what the next National Congress will look like, without the National People's Party to give an anchor to ultra-nationalists, many suspects that they've gone towards the Center-Nationals and to Justin Abraham, who has grown more belligerent in recent rallies. Beyond that, there have also been rumors that the Conservatives and Progressives have been in talks about forging a second coalition while the "Left" struggles to find a base behind Richelieu's star ministers.
Palace of the President, New Avillon, United Estates of Dormill and Stiura
6th of October, 2017, 3:30 PM
South Drawing Room, Cabinet Chamber

With the National Congress ended for this year, the main use of this room today is to celebrate the beginning of the end of another successful year for the current administration, even if it appears to be hollow at some points. Champagne and other drinks alongside traditional hors-d'oeuvres of French, Dutch, Kaelectian, and other Gaetlic origin are either being served or are on the nearby tables. Ministers and other officials are busy striking up conversations with each other on various topics regarding anything from the news coming from the Charbagnian Federation all the way to the recent Launey vs. Chery ice hockey match of last night. The room was a deluge of noise until the tapping of glass brought everybody's attention to the center of this whole celebration, President Alice Richelieu. After bringing her glass down, she slowly begins "My friends and colleagues, I am deeply humbled by this most gracious opportunity to have led you all during the 17th National Congress of Dormill and Stiura as your President. I am deeply grateful to my allies of the Liberal Unity Coalition for making my last administration as successful at it could be." she trails off into thought for a moment before continuing, "I would also like to wish my luck upon my Honorable Ministers of State and the Treasury for a successful campaign and the chance to succeed me in this most honored of positions." while pointing towards Rébecca Leroy and Philippine Lémieux, both of whom are competing for the Presidency. The aged President concludes her speech by offering a toast to everybody involved in the running of the nation in the last year and how they all uphold the core tenants of the United Estates in doing so.

A few moments later, in the Office of the President

"A fitting show you put on there, Madame President. I am most impressed." Michaël Petit, Minister of the Interior began as he walked in.

"Unlike the members of your Communications Commission, I was actually being honest." the President responded, jabbing at some of the stories to have come out of the Dormill-Stiuraian Dispatch during the last year, not all of them being particularly truthful.

"I meant no disrespect with that .... revealing article on the occupation of your husband long before your political career from last month, Madame Richelieu. I gave the author a good, long leave for that one." Petit replied.

"You came here for a reason. Make it quick." Richelieu responded sternly, not taking kindly to any reference to her husband being a male stripper before meeting the then future President.

Rébecca Leroy then entered as if on cue, it was clear that they wanted to discuss the current state of the election. "Oh, I see why now." the President concluded.

"No need to be worried. If all polling remains accurate, I'll still be a leading contender for the election in December." Leroy began, "We're just here to give you an update before the next debate kicks up is all."

Richelieu sat forward, fingers laced together as a net, "You've got my attention, then."

"With Theunissen abandoning his campaign, things for Leroy look dangerous." Petit stated all matter-of-fact-like, "Predictions as of now say that his voters will be split between the more socially inclined candidates of Mr. Dyson and Mr. Lémieux, the youth especially will tend towards Mr. Dyson more, as has been the case in the past."

"How about the situation in the Kaelectias then?" the President asked, "Without a candidate from the CeSP to support for President, they have to be drifting near their next best choices."

"That's where I come in, Madame President." Leroy interjects, "The population centers of the Estates are going to be hard to sway, but they are vital if I and the Liberals are to gain a base strong enough in the area to bring me in parity with the other front-runners."

"As for the Reform Coalition?" the President asks again.

"I don't think they will be sticking together after this, there are already rumors that Hall Traver has struck a deal with Garrett Davidson to form a new coalition. I wouldn't know exactly why, and especially now. But I have a feeling that the statements made by Mr. Abraham have harmed the relationship between the Conservatives and Center-Nationals, and the Conservatives want out." Petit explains, "If this happens, we could put the Center-Nationals to use next year. All we would need to do is to promote a similar kind of expansionist/interventionist shift in policy that their Presidential candidate has been yelling for this entire time."

"We'll concern ourselves with coalitions when the elections are over, but I'll bear that in mind for later." the President responded, "Is there anything else?"

"Yes, and not regarding the election." Rébecca responded, "I've already started to make plans for your meetings with the leaders of Gael regarding the issue of this 'Buzz' situation. Beyond that, we should start to consider whom we should talk with before your administration ends, I recommend speaking with leaders from Cantonos, Volkegoth, Keverai, and Ainslie as they are strong potential partners in the Southern Sea area."

"Make the arrangements, Mrs. Leroy." the President concluded, waving them both out of the office.

We are at a crossroads, I hope whoever sits here next is ready to make the right call.
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Canon: The Halls of New Avillon, Part II

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:12 am

Palace of the President, New Avillon, Federal Republic of Dormill and Stiura
16th of December, 2017, 1:10 PM
West Entrance

For the vast majority of his life, Cedar Dyson has only seen the Presidential Palace from pictures, or from afar whenever he was in New Avillon. This, however, was the first time he stood in front of it. The Presidential limo pulled away and as he turned back, he caught eyes with his Vice President and old friend, Keira Aalders, the perfect balance against the city orientated Dyson, she was from a small town in Avillon, served as a member of the local council for her town before joining Dormill and Stiura Forwards when it formed last year. She had no clue she would wind up as Vice President but after a strong primary race in rural areas of the Republic, Dyson was advised to take her on to balance his ticket and gain the valuable small town voters. Since then, the pair have worked closely together on the campaign trail and in developing their strategy for after the election, whether or not if they won. Dyson shot a small smile at his Vice President-elect as he turned back to the entrance to the Palace, Dormill-Stiuraian Marines guarding the entrance and Vice President Tremble approaching them.

Leaning towards Aalders, Dyson began to whisper "Are you ready for this? We're stepping into new territory here."

"Why wouldn't I be, Cedar?"

"Mr. President-elect and Madame Vice President-elect. It is a great pleasure to be with you today and I want to offer my personal congratulations to the both of you for a successful campaign.
Dormill and Stiura will be proud to be under your leadership.
"

"Thank you, Madame Vice President. I'm just as honored to be given the chance to lead our great nation forwards. Shall we begin?"

As is customary for new incoming Presidents, a tour of the Palace is offered, giving the new tenants a chance to take in their new home for the next five years. The Cabinet Room in the South Wing is their first destination, with Tremble explaining its function as the place where cabinet meetings have been held by the President, followed by a show of their separate bedrooms. President Dyson is the first in history to have come to the Presidential Palace single, which was actually controversial among the religious voters, who saw a single President as an affront to Presidential tradition, asserting that a single President would spend more time with women than doing their duty, claims that he will have to continue to fight throughout his term. After a while, the pair are split and Dyson is directed towards the Office of the President, where he has been told President Richelieu is awaiting him for a private meeting.
"Let me start by congratulating you, Mr. Dyson, on your victory. It is an impressive feat to come from nowhere and secure the Presidency." President Richelieu began, standing on the right of the desk that she must soon give up.

"Thank you, Madame President." Cedar responded, "The people were the ones that allowed me to get here though, that is something I doubt either of us will forget. If you don't mind me asking, why is it only the two of us here?"

"Well, there are two reasons, Mr. President-elect. The first is that as President, I am obliged by tradition to personally meet with the new President-elect and guide them through the basic functions of their new office. The second is that the BRS has sent me information that I suggest you should review for yourself. I should also tell you that you are bound to secrecy in reading this, do you agree?"

Cedar stood there for a moment, chuckling that the reality that there is an actual conspiracy (or at least something close to one) in the Government. "Sorry, I swear to maintain secrecy in light of this information."

"Good," the President responds, taking Special Intelligence Report 17.1215C-P and handing it to her successor, "hopefully this won't be too much of an issue for you, considering your once idealistic view on Dormill and Stiura."

Cedar reads the report, sinking into a nearby chair the further down he goes. "This is what the BRS does?" he asks the President.

"Among other things, yes." she responds, looking at him almost motherly, "I again congratulate you on winning the Presidency, Mr. Dyson. I also wish you luck as you go forward." she finishes as she leaves the Office, leaving the President-elect to contemplate his new role.
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Olympia, Jahoole
June 20, 2019
2:31 AM Local Time
Jahooleian Parliament

The debating members of the Jahooleian National Assembly have grown loud enough to the point where the team could easily slip inside without fear of detection. Unlike the Undertale operation, a whole team was here this time and that meant things would go much quicker -- that would be the case if the Jahoolean Parliament building wasn’t at least 4 times the size of the VRSN Undertale and had a lot less weak points. Luckily, plans for the building were recovered a few months back which revealed a small cavern underneath the main chamber of the National Assembly that would be used in the case of an attack against the building, to store the Emperor, his family, staff, and about three-quarters of the rest of the assembly, the last quarter would’ve been left out. Knowing this, several members of the squad who have entered the building made their way to one of its entrances, proceeded inside it, and placed a series of explosives that would annihilate, incinerate, and implode the surrounding building on top of it for an extra killing measure, nobody except for a small cabal of members who were already on the Dormill-Stiuraian side of this situation would be left living.

After about half an hour skulking through the building, most of the explosives had been placed by the team and they began to filter out for the big moment. The explosives themselves, much like their disguises, were Veridian in origin to further perpetuate the lie that this attack was performed by the VRGSAF and would drive Jahoole right into the arms of Dormill and Stiura, and straight into a war against Veridi that has been in planning for years at this rate.

Boss was the last to leave the Parliament building, a twinge of regret at the idea of killing children to achieve the goals of his Empire just before jumping from the window and heading to the minimum safe distance from the eventual explosion -- where he was stopped by another squad of the true VRGASF which had already left the remainder of his squad equally as immobile.

"Which Squad are you from?", one of the Veridians asked.

"We're with Squad 9, we had just finished a patrol of the Parliament to ensure no hostile elements were present.", Tightrope replied in slightly broken Veridian.

The Veridians glanced at each other before their supposed leader continued, "I don't recall orders being sent to Squad 9 to do something like that."

"We had just finished a mission recovering a few components from the VRSN Chara before being redirected here."

"Nor was there a mission to recover anything from the Chara..." the Veridian mentioned, almost accusatory "We're going to need to see some identification."

Boss began to walk up towards the Veridian squad, detonator clasped in his left hand. In an act of pure badassery, he removes his mask and goggles to reveal his face and exclaims "In Knowledge, Follows Victory. And you will have neither after today!" just before pressing on the detonator.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Canon: In the Shadow of Favre, Part I

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Palace of the President, New Avillon, Federal Republic of Dormill and Stiura

"Goddammit! Is that half-brained bitch trying to destabilize the entire region?! I thought that raid would've kept the PLF down, not aggravate them! Does she even know how many families I'm going to have to call into Ile-de to tell them their sons and daughters died fighting communists?!"

"Mr. President, there are other factors to consider."

"Like what, Mr. Causey?"

"The Bureau has suspected that the PLF was receiving aid from outside of Orsandia for some time now. SIR-18.0209 had suggested a few subjects that could have coordinated with the PLF, and that raid has confirmed that. The Thuzbeks have been supplying surplus arms through a complacent Samudera."

"I'll deal with the both of them later. I expected as much from those Levesque-loving Thuzbeks, but the Samuderans? I thought they were under the Ahnslen thumb."

"Their socialist government might be vying for 'independence', using this as the means to do so."

"Those idiots brought this on themselves.", sighing, Dyson continues, "Get a hold of the Orsandians and prepare our forces. Lhapso Taha is the only loss of major settlements I'll stand for."

"Good talk, Mr. President. I'll deal with Orsandia." the Minister of Defense concludes, standing up and gesturing towards the President before leaving.

Sitting back in his desk, Dyson considers his options. The Bureau was becoming increasingly unreliable, Lovel was drifting further away from the control of the President and of the Ministry of Defense. It was impossible to know what she was planning, it could be anything from actual service to the nation to an outright coup. The lack of knowledge in that regard made the President nervous, making him recall the first report he read. The look on President Richelieu's face after he had begun to read the report was burned into his memory, her comment about what the Bureau did filled him with nothing but disgust and anger. Ever since becoming President, Cedar Dyson had tried to think past what he had read and work with Trix Lovel, to try and redirect the Bureau to do less morally apprehensive acts. Now, he was considering doing even worse to keep the most dangerous agency in all of the Federal Republic under his control.

M.
Email: dm87@gmail.com
Subject: N/A

20 April 2018

To: Mr. Jason Alfons

Dear Mr. Alfons,

I need to speak with you in private. It's a matter of concern with me and you are the only person I can trust right now.

Yours,
M.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

RP Pilot: Blood in the Sands

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am

If you're taking a look at this thread just after I posted this, then Welcome to In Medias Res, and more particular, the first of what I'm going to call RP Pilots. These are posts that serve as the "OP" for whatever potential RP I feel like working on without the hassle of actually making a dedicated thread for them and watching them (usually) die out. RP Pilots should be considered Non-Canon unless the concept is picked up for an actual RP. I'll leave the core concept of the RP and a brief synopsis of the story I wish to tell before each pilot post so if you, dear reader, might be interested in collaborating with me and making the RP a reality.

Title: Blood in the Sands
Tech: PT
Type: Historical Expedition/Character
Year: 1875

Synopsis: It's been 21 years since the United Republics gained control over the islands west of the Kaya Strait, which served as the border between the Ahnslen Electorate of Samudera and the Republican Territory of Banda. While initially seen as a benevolent rule, the early years of Nicholas Favre's Presidency have transformed Dormill-Stiuraian rule over Samudera from relatively apathetic to full on imperial colonization. As the bulk of Republican Forces remained in Argus to tend to the presence of the United Republics in the sub-continent, the Brigade-sized Army of Banda has been instrumental in enforcing the Dormill-Stiuraian rule in the territory with great effectiveness, and brutality. Winston's Batallion has recently returned from an expedition to Banggi Island and will soon find itself back on the warpath when a gang of Samuderans assaulted the port town of Lejit. There were gangs of Samuderans assaulting Dormill-Stiuraian settlements before, that was nothing new to the territorial administration, but the raid on Lejit was unprecedented, featuring such weapons and maneuvers that was indicative of an army as compared to a raving band of racist lunatics who saw something "evil" in the territorial administration. The Army of Banda was soon to be introduced to something much more dangerous than gangsters and robbers.

It's been about a week since the storm passed through our camp just outside Ville de Launey, the brick and mortar buildings we were in withstood the winds and rains (mostly), the same couldn't be said for the straw and wood houses of the locals, the remains of which littered the encampment. These were soon followed by the locals themselves, begging for food and shelter and aid in repairing their homes. I sent a telegram to the Major earlier today to help figure out what we should be doing. In my own opinion, I believe that the Governor should be doing more than what he said in the news, providing these people houses of actual worth and work will be more useful in preventing them from stealing from the same people who only want to bring civilization to these islands. I haven't heard much from the Ahnslen side but I suspect they are facing similar issues, and probably worse since they gave their territory the ability to complain and halt government progress. If the reports from last week are to be any indication, things are only bound to get worse at this rate. I hope the Governor has a plan to deal with these new gangs, or we might be next on their hit list.

- Captian Trevelyan Dufort, History of the Republican Administration of Samudera (1915)

Captian Dufort finally put down his pen and paper, he had been writing ever since he woke up about the recent events that had transpired in the Territory of Banda over the time he has been deployed in the islands. His penchant for writing, alongside his proficiency in speaking Ahnslen, made him a useful asset in western Samudera. His camp was still tattered with the flotsam of the previous typhoon, reeds and leaves were left to litter the area as his men went about their afternoon routine. The occasional Samuderan would be found walking near the gate into the camp, begging for food or money most of the time, some had asked for their loved ones or some possession they lost during the storm. Most of the time, they would be turned away, other times a sympathetic soldier would walk out and try to assist the locals. Dufort never ordered for his men to grant aid, nor demanded they didn't, but it was seen as a taboo to help anybody out.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Non-Canon: Break the Undertale

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Waters of the Trinidad Strait, 1330

Leaving from the Paragon, the 5 RHIBs containing the inspection crew are all abuzz about this Veridian Warship, most of them thought it was a usual Hudson-Yards Battlecruiser and thought nothing more of its mission, but the few Dormill-Stiuraians who decided, against their better judgement, to join on this mission were shaking in their boots. Per the norm, a Xaverian solider breaks the gripping silence

“And I thought Dormillians were supposed to be tough” he notes, prodding the shoulder of the nearest person with his elbow

“This isn't a normal ship, and her commander isn't either.” A Stiuraian chimes back, “This is the Undertale we’re boarding.”

“The hell is a Undertale?” comes a Dredonian, “Sounds like a load of hogwash to me.”

During the back and forth of the TDC soldiers goes on and on as they get closer to the Undertale, with the Dormill-Stiuraian stories doing nothing to ease their moods.

Onboard the Kystirox-class Frigate, HMS Paragon and sister ships

CIC:

to Bridge:
A] VLS tubes 3 and 4 armed and unlocked, hatch remains closed, AGM-114L Hellfire ready
B] Mk 110 57 mm main gun and 2 Mk 44 30mm guns armed and zeroing on Undertale
C] Mk 49 launcher set to automatic defense, 12 SeaRAM missiles prepared to fire
D] Divert power to Terma A/S SKWS decoy system and propulsion

to Armory:
A] All personnel gear up and prepare for damage control

“Bridge Paragon to Bridge Falcon 9, this is the Captain. Prepare air support at once, anti-ship armament. Do not engage until ordered, we need to keep the Undertale occupied until the Operation is complete.”

“Bridge Falcon 9 copies, Paragon. Preparing F/A-18E with ASW armament, first launch in 17 minutes.”

Back on the earlier RHIB, her crew makes the final approach to the Undertale, everyone onboard excluding one is extremely nervous about the mission, the Xaverian glares over to the silent figure, wearing a mostly black spec ops gear in contrast to the Naval camos of the rest of the crew

“Who are you supposed to be tall, dark and scary?”

“Classified” is the quick, cold response

“Why are you here then?” the Xaverian repeats, growing annoyed at his presence

“Classified” rings again

“Alright, Mr. Classified. Who the hell gave you the authority to join us?”

“Joker 1 of RI. Happy?” finally breaks from the soldier's covered mouth, “I'm Joker 4, Top Operative on a Classified mission to VRSN Undertale.”

“Oh crap.” comes the group response, “We have you on this inspection team?” a Dormillian asks

“Yes, fellow countryman. My mission remains classified so stay outta my way, and equally that of Chara.”

The Undertale finally enters the view of the RHIB, her massive hull, painted in a dire crimson striking fear into the inbound operatives.

TDC Command Tower

Jack was taken strongly aback by Admiral Chara, her physique that of someone much smaller than normal, it was hard for him to think that someone who looks so innocent to be the stuff of such insane stories. That kind of idea was however, quickly shattered as a result of her more, commonly noted trait, when she warned against the use of the Kystorix’s weapons against her ship. He knew that he had to keep her busy in order for his ace to do whatever work needed, Time to small talk with a demon he thinks to himself as he picks up his microphone.

“So you’re the infamous Fleet Admiral Chara of the 7th Veridian Fleet. I've heard many stories about you.”

With that, the pair converse about topics of varying importance and relevance, Jack hoping to Neph that doing this will keep her distracted for long enough.

VRSN Chara, Undertale-class “Dreadnaught”

As is procedure, the inspection crew starts with her deck, checking for any WMDs and Contraband that would be typical of a pirated ship or one of the few slaver ships that pass occasionally through. There is a great amount of tension in the air as the Dormill-Stiuraian members of the inspection crew starts to encounter the Veridian crew of this ship, a general feeling of uneasiness is felt by both sides as their worst fears run through their heads.

4 doesn't take long to split from the main group of inspectors, heading amidships towards CIC, he takes a look at his watch 48 minutes, 32 seconds to complete my mission he mentally notes as he reaches a suitable location, CIC being on the hopeful other side of this wall. He plants a small circular disk, only an inch in diameter against the wall and presses it's face, if all goes according to plan, CIC will lose connection to both the Bridge and to their CCTV feeds for at least 45 minutes, long enough for 4 to recover the intel he needs.

Making his way to C Deck, he slips through guard patrols and other crew members with little in the way of suspicion, as expected for a top Joker operative in one of the most hostile environments imaginable. Finding himself against a wall, only a few steps from the starboard, midship entrance to C Deck, he notices a pair of guards protecting the hatch, These poor fools, I sort of feel sorry for them 4 again notes, using a wrist mounted launcher to deliver poison darts to his victims. The pair collapse quickly, convulsing and foaming at the mouth violently with 4 stepping over their corpses quickly and quietly.

38:16
Ten minutes have already passed, but it would rather be described as Ten hours for 4, constantly eliminating a fairly large crew of Veridians as he makes his way to the aft end of the vessel. These fresh new guns must malfunction often, hitting one of these would most certainly call the attention of an engineer, who should be carrying the plans to fix this new weapon he personally hopes as he plants a short-range electronics jammer, built to kill any electronic systems for a few moments within a few meters, against the bulkhead facing the turret control surfaces, locking this one should call an engineer to come and fix it.

35:41
After a few moments, as if in cue, a Veridian engineer heads into the turret controls, packing a small tablet under her arm. She swipes through all the plans on the tablet until she finds the ones for Turret No. 3’s electrical systems, after finding it, she begins to inspect the turret controls, looking for a way to bring them back online before Chara realizes the turret has gone offline. As she continues, 4 begins to approach her, knife in hand and ready to recover the plans, however, mistakes are made and she notices the shadow approaching her and snaps back in response, dropping the tablet against the ship and damaging it a bit. The two engage in a furious knife fight, both are skilled fighters and fighting in a cramped ship wasn't helping either of them win the fight. 4 being extremely cramped for time manages to press her against the wall, landing a successful stab against her side before putting two strong punches against her head, flinging off her helmet, and planting the Knife against her left temple, killing her instantly. As her body slowly slumps down to the floor, blood pouring from her open wounds, 4 recovers his knife and the short-range EJD and proceeds to also grab the data pad, it's screen is slightly cracked but still functional enough to use and luckily, uses a fingerprint scanner. Using his most recent victim as a means of gaining access to the countless stores of data on the pad, weapon systems, electronics, fuel systems, crew compliment, everything anyone would have needed to rebuild and redesign this metal monster.

20:20
Just before leaving with his intel, 4 has planned to make two more stops and complete the second half of his mission. This directs him to the Engine room, in B Deck of all places, for him to toy around with. In his small bag are a set of explosives, all attached to a simple trigger on his watch that, when placed in strategic positions, can cripple this ship entirely for ages, and with only a small chance of it being noticed as sabotage. He slithers around the engine room, knocking out anybody who got in his way and quickly planting his explosives and moving to the next location before being spotted.

09:45
With the engine room well and good sabotaged, 4 begins to make his way off the ship, tiptoeing through the Port crew quarters. As he turns right to head back to the starboard, midship entrance to C Deck, he finds a strange door, made of material unnatural to the surrounding ship, checking his watch and noting what limited time he had left to exfil, he quickly enters the room to find something beyond comprehension. May Neph have mercy on my soul, for I have entered the depths of the Rejected Realms itself, 4 prays to himself after realizing it's the quarters for Admiral Chara herself. Fearing for his life yet remaining calm, he quickly plants several bugs around her room and begins to make his escape out of the ship.

04:16
It's only a few seconds to the reactivation of the Undertale’s CCTV systems, and not a moment too soon as 4 has reached the same entrance to C Deck as he made his entrance from, sprinting through the door and back to where he needs to be. As the CCTV comes back online, Undertale’s CIC soon finds the many dead and incapacitated members of their crew members and immediately begin searching for a culprit, finding 4 all alone and dashing through D deck.

The piercing sound of an alarm alerts everyone on board, and shoves the fear of Neph deeply into the TDC forces who are already there. Veridian security begins to amass around the various squads of TDC soldiers, ordering them to surrender or be fired upon.

“There is no way I'll ever surrender to a bunch of damned Veridians!” a Dormill-Stiuraian private yells out, clearly angered by this sudden turn of events

“You must surrender at once!” a Veridian calls out, “Who knows what might've caused this but everyone here is a suspect. Come quietly so this won't be painful for both of us.”

“Screw you! I'm not moving.” the Dormillian yells back, planting himself firmly against the Veridian crew. Followed by the remaining members of the TDC force onboard also resisting arrest, neither side willing to open fire against the other.

Meanwhile, 4 has been making short work of the Veridians being thrown his way, several firefights have been recorded on the lower decks and are making their way up towards the Bridge. The extreme carnage prompts some on the bridge, including Colonel Ijima, to head out and secure themselves in fear that they might be the targets.

In a lull between the fighting, 4 manages to start transmitting the data to RI, hoping that they manage to get the majority of the plans before he is captured or killed by the Veridians. He continues his way off the ship and continues fighting those that still get in his way.

TDC Command Tower
Jack quickly notices the alarms go on and knows what they mean, Crap, he actually got detected he whispers to himself, calling back the attention of Chara as she tries to make heads and tails of the situation from both her end and his.

“Admiral Chara, surely this all a big misunderstanding. There's no real way anyone on our crew could've gotten past both us and your ever inquisitive eyes.” he placates while simultaneously calling on Pooristani and Xaverian ships to come support his own.

The aircraft of the Falcon-class carriers have been orbiting the Paragon for quite a while, awaiting orders from high command and frankly becoming bored of all the inaction going on.

VSRN Chara
Following even more fighting, 4 appears to have been worn out, the nearly constant flood of Veridian forces started to become taxing for him. Luckily, his big break was just around the corner for him. Colonel Ijima had just made it to 4’s position, not really noticing the fact that a good amount of fighting was happening around here, it turned out to be the fastest route to his quarters and by extension, the safest possible route in these uncertain moments of gunfire and death.

Upon turning the corner, Ijima feels a hard object strike against his head and falls over, staring up at 4’s dark figure.

“P-please no. Don't kill me!” he utters as 4 grabs him by the neck

“Oh I'm not going to kill you Colonel, not yet anyways.” 4 replies in a cold tone, “I just need you to get me off this metal death trap you call a ship. Shall we have a walk?”

Ijima is panicking as 4 plants a gun against his head, pressing it against him to make him walk. The pair manages to almost make it to the open air when they encounter one of the TDC squads, still standing off with the Veridians,

“Tell your men to stand down and let us off.” 4 orders, releasing the safety on his pistol

“Men! Stand down!” Ijima yells out, “Let them get off and away, we can deal with this after our envoy to Chip Ross makes it ashore.”

Just like that, the Veridians slowly puts their guns down and backs away, allowing TDC forces to get out of the ship and back to base.

Most of the inspection crew has managed to get to their RHIBs, leaving only 4 with Colonel Ijima still on the Chara, Veridians quickly storming around the two of them, ordering for Ijima’s release and TDC support in capturing the saboteur who somehow managed to infiltrate the ship with the inspection crew. None too far away, a News Helicopter is reporting on this event, and RI takes advantage of this fact to further examine the ship while the data is still incoming.

4 turns his attention to the tablet in his hand, noticing that nearly all the data has been transmitted to where it needs to go, understanding that he’ll be hunted by Veridian spies for the rest of his days following this he decides that doing as much damage as possible is the better option.

As Chara shoves her way through the crowd, 4 lodges a bullet in Ijima’s skull,

“Come any closer, Chara, and this one goes right between your sadistic little eyes.” 4 warns her, the Veridians now training their weapons on him.

She bursts out in complete laughter, much to 4’s surprise and simply says while stepping forward

D o. Y o u. R e a l l y. T h i n k. Y o u. C a n. S t o p. M e?

4 is completely frozen in fear, no Dormill-Stiuraian has ever heard Chara talk like that in person, or at least no one has survived to tell the tale. In defiance, he triggers the explosives, breaks the tablet, and breaks a cyanide pill encased behind a false tooth, then jumps overboard killing himself and hiding his corpse. The RHIBs are long gone and the incoming Solus cruisers and Deth destroyers have finally arrived, now moving to surround the Undertale and secure it from the remaining 7th fleet, offering a chance for her to dock up in Port Zaragoza for repairs.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Canon: Red Court, Red Streets; Red Eyes, Red Hearts Part 1

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Forum of Dormill and Stiura, National Congress of the United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
12:00 PM, 27 December 2018

The National Congress had been called back in an emergency session, the first in the Presidency of Cedar Dyson. The aim was simple, to make formal responses to the recent international affairs and set the policy for the following year, most important of which was to get the United Republics ready to intervene in Noronica, push back against Vancouvian neo-imperalism, uphold the sanctions against Thuzbekistan, and to dedicate aid towards those affected by various disasters throughout the Isles in the past year. The core of the contest in the National Congress in regards to these is exactly what kind of response will Dormill and Stiura take. The Liberal Unity Coalition was ready to stand firmly with the Government of Noronica, believing that the Overlord is operating in the wrong. They were also prepared to negotiate with Vancouvia over Swaneeak if it means to ease up on their operations in the International District. As for Thuzbekistan, the far left bloc in the Coalition wanted the sanctions to end, the center wanted them to be set to expire early into next year, depending on future events; they were for sending some aid to Menna Shuli and Xrevaro, but limited to only monetary aid, as to not send Dormill-Stiuraians into hostile places. The National Progress Coaliton, by contrast, had been on the fence in Noronica, waiting on the President to make the first moves. Aside that, they stood behind the existing policy; no negotiating Swaneeak, a firm stance in the International District, continued sanctions against Thuzbekistan until it conformed to international standards, and substantial aid to be given to all afflicted by recent crises. In regards to Orsandia, both agreed that a continued presence of Dormill-Stiuraians would be necessary, but with the Liberal Unity Coalition arguing that the League should take over peacekeeping while the National Progress Coaliton believed that the Republican troops there should remain independent.

Marijn Savege, a Democratic party member from the Second District of Lieurneux, was leading the opposition in the Forum, and had opened up his arguments on both the floor and in the Forum Foreign Affairs Committee by declaring that the United Republics must pick a side in the conflict in Noronica, it would be the only safe way to do anything else there. This came to the chagrin of his opponents, who would debate that going in blind by supporting one side would array Noronnican allies against the United Republics, and result in a war that would be impossible to win. Both sides had a truth to them, yet neither were willing to budge at the moment on the matter. The first resolutions were to be expected before Monday, sooner if possible. Courlaroux would be hectic, and hopefully, the United Republics will be able to effectively respond to the situation.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Canon: Red Court, Red Streets; Red Eyes, Red Hearts Part 2

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Forum Foreign Affairs Committee, Forum of Dormill and Stiura, National Congress of the United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
5:00 PM, 27 December 2018

Five hours of constant debating. That's what it took to finally get something done with just Noronica. In that time, the news broke that the Overlord of Noronica was contesting the order for his abdication, the mood in the Committee had shifted closer to the desires of the Liberal Unity Coalition, that standing with the Government of Noronica would be best for Dormill and Stiura. How far they would stand became the topic of the remaining hour of the debate. As things went on, both sides went back and forth over whether or not they should dedicate military forces, or simply declare that they believed the legitimate order of the Government of Noronica. At least that was the topic of the debate until a letter came in to the chairman, who was currently Minister Kevyn Shepherd. He, up until this point, had tried to argue to wait for the President to make a move, and to support that; he had been informed of Price Trystan's plan, and operated on the same assumption that the Overlord was with him on that matter. But this letter changed the game for him, straight from the President himself.

Minister Shepherd,

I have received new information that the Government of Noronica has offered a better deal for us than the Overlord. You are to advocate for the Ministry, your Committee, and the Forum to adopt a Resolution to support the Government. I have already sent another letter to the Council to draft a similar one. If you wish to make a Joint Resolution with them, that's your decision.

- President Cedar Dyson

With the committee unanimous in their action, which is a surprise given the conflicts between the two coalitions, it was decided that a simple resolution be made first, contained to the Committee and the Forum. The Council would have to make their own first, then a Joint Resolution could be discussed.

Resolution of the Forum of the National Congress
regarding the policy of the Ministry of State in relation to its affairs with the Overlordship of Noronica

Acknowledging that there is incontestable evidence that the Overlordship of Noronica is in a political situation that appears untenable,
Concerned that the actions of the Overlord of Noronica, in the attempts to take control of the government will inevitably cause its downfall,
Aware that the United Republics, as a partner on the international stage with Noronica, and has a responsibility to the upholding of the law,

The Forum of the United Republics hereby resolves to:
  1. CONDEMN in the strongest possible terms the Overlord of Noronica for his actions in attempting to unconstitutionally dissolve the Federal Assembly of Noronica,
  2. COMMEND in the strongest possible terms the Prime Minister of Noronica in his attempts to maintain the continuity of his government in the face of an unconstitutional attempt to dissolve it,
  3. DIRECT the Ministry of State to enact all measures to support the Government of Noronica as vested in the Prime Minister of Noronica,
  4. DEMAND that the Overlord of Noronica surrender to the lawful orders of the Government and Constitutional Court of Noronica.

Introduced by: Marijn Savege, 2nd Lieurneux, Forum Foreign Affairs Committee
    F.Res 1
Last edited by Dormill and Stiura on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Canon: Red Court, Red Streets; Red Eyes, Red Hearts Part 3

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Council Floor, Council of Dormill and Stiura, National Congress of the United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
12:00 PM, 30 December 2018

The Gavel struck wood, the sounds reverberating throughout the otherwise modern looking hall that was the Council. Seated in an arch before her were delegates from all six of the United Republics, their Chief Councilors all in a hubbub during the debate. Kiera Aalders spoke up again once the room had calmed down.

"The Motion on the Floor, to issue a Joint Resolution by the National Congress to address the growing crisis in the Overlordship of Noronica, to offer support to the legitimate government of Prime Minister Joshua MacIntosh, and to authorize the President to use military force to defend the Territory of Arvan, is now to be voted on. Republic of Avillon?"

Robrecht Lémieux stood up slowly, he chaffed at the upstart from Ambreiux but respected the chair of Executive Councilor, and made his vote clear, "The Republic of Avillon, after consulting its Council Delegation and Constituent Assembly, votes in favour of the Resolution."

"Republic of Kapolder?", she continued, skipping over Dormill as it and the Republic of Stiura vote last and concurrently, a sign of acknowledging the power and influence the rival Republics wield as the namesakes for the union.

Marshall Polley, who once had Presidential ambitions of his own, grew used to being Chief Councilor, it offered him more influence for much longer than the President, he barely got off his chair to cast his Republic's vote, "The Republic of Kapolder, after consulting its Council Delegation and Constituent Assembly, votes in favour of the Resolution."

"Republic of Lieurneux?"

Elfleda Royle stood, much like her counterpart from Avillon, she had to fight quite a bit with the Federalists on most things to get a vote for her Republic down. This instance with Noronica was a rare chance to show national unity by having such limited conflict in the decision, "The Republic of Lieurneux, after consulting its Council Delegation and Constituent Assembly, votes in favour of the Resolution."

"Republic of New Friesland?"

Fletcher Seabrook was next on the list, and was one of the oldest delegates in the Council, having served as a public official in New Friesland up until the end of the Second Stiuraian Republic. He was instrumental in finally ending socialism in Stiura following the Dormill-Stiura War, and was typically lauded as the only man in the entire National Congress more loyal to his Republic than the Union, regardless he served as the current Chief Councilor of the Republic of New Friesland with distinction and pride, and shot up when he was ready to vote, "The Republic of New Friesland, after consulting its Council Delegation and Constituent Assembly, votes in favour of the Resolution."

Now was the fun part, the overlapping votes of Dormill and Stiura proper, it was always messy and both Chiefs had used this platform to try and yell over the other when casting their vote.

"The Republics of Dormill and Stiura?"

Luus Fay almost jumped out of his seat to speak up, hoping to beat his Stiuraian counterpart to the punch, and of course, spoke both loudly and quickly to make sure his vote was cast first between them, "The Republic of Dormill, after consulting its Council Delegation and Constituent Assembly, votes in favour of the Resolution." Thijmen Olivier was just as quick to his feet, and just like Fay tried to spit out his vote louder and quicker than his Dormillian rival, "The Republic of Stiura, after consulting its Council Delegation and Constituent Assembly, votes in favour of the Resolution."

"The Vote Stands, Six votes for, none against.", Aalders pauses for a moment, contemplating the impacts of this action, "The Resolution carries with no amendment."

And just like that, Dormill and Stiura is sent one step closer to a very possible war.
Forum Floor, Forum of Dormill and Stiura, National Congress of the United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
12:09 PM, 30 December 2018

Procedure in the Forum was a lot more informal than the Council, where its representatives all voted on their own terms and had only themselves (or their whips) to consult before making a vote. As things wound down, the air in the room began to suggest that several members would vote against their parties or coalitions, their ideologies firmly against the idea of intervening in Noronica. Ultimately, however the vote would still pass as the two main coalitions had agreed to support the resolution.

The vote in the Forum was done via buttons on the desk of each representative, one to vote for and another against, abstention would simply require not pressing either. In the light of a much quicker system, the Forum managed to get their votes tallied quicker than the Council managed to.

Garret Davidson struck the gavel before reading off the vote, it was a ceremonial affair at this point. "The Motion on the Floor, to issue a Joint Resolution by the National Congress to address the growing crisis in the Overlordship of Noronica, to offer support to the legitimate government of Prime Minister Joshua MacIntosh, and to authorize the President to use military force to defend the Territory of Arvan carries, 192 in favour, 46 against, no abstentions. The Resolution carries with no amendment."

Resolution of the United Republics of Dormill and Stiura in National Congress assembled
regarding the policy of the United Republics in relation to its affairs with the Overlordship of Noronica and the United Kingdom of Orsandia

Acknowledging that there is incontestable evidence that the Overlordship of Noronica is in a political situation that appears untenable,
Concerned that the actions of the Overlord of Noronica, in the attempts to take control of the government will inevitably cause its downfall,
Aware that the United Republics, as a partner on the international stage with Noronica, and has a responsibility to the upholding of the law,

The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura, in National Congress assembled hereby resolves to:
  1. CONDEMN in the strongest possible terms the Overlord of Noronica for his actions in attempting to unconstitutionally dissolve the Federal Assembly of Noronica,
  2. COMMEND in the strongest possible terms the Prime Minister of Noronica in his attempts to maintain the continuity of his government in the face of an unconstitutional attempt to dissolve it,
  3. DIRECT the Ministry of State to enact all measures to support the Government of Noronica as vested in the Prime Minister of Noronica with advice and consent of the President of Dormill and Stiura,
  4. DIRECT the Ministry of Defense to enact all measures to support the Government of Noronica as vested in the Prime Minister of Noronica with advice and consent of the President of Dormill and Stiura,
  5. DEMAND that the Overlord of Noronica surrender to the lawful orders of the Government and Constitutional Court of Noronica.
  6. AUTHORIZES the President of the United Republics to take all actions, civil and military, to secure the borders of the United Republics, and to render aid to any Noronnican seeking refuge in the United Republics for a period of no greater than six months

Acknowledging that the situation in Orsandia requires a continued response by the United Republics of Dormill and Stiura,
Aware of the longstanding relationship between our two nations, especially in response to this crisis,
Attentive to the responsibility the United Republics has towards the United Kingdom of Orsandia in relation to the recent crisis,

The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura, in National Congress assembled hereby resolves to:
  1. COMMENDS in the strongest possible terms the efforts of the United Kingdom of Orsandia, the Republic of Aruia, the State of Ostehaar, and the Unified Electorates of Ainslie for joining the response to this crisis and rendering aid to the people most affected
  2. AUTHORIZES the President of the United Republics to take all actions, civil and military, to secure the borders of the United Republics, and to render aid to any Orsandian seeking refuge in the United Republics for a period of no greater than one year
  3. AUTHORIZES the United Republics to render financial aid to the people of Orsandia through grants and other means for a period of no greater than one year and six months
  4. AUTHORIZES the continued presence of the United Republics Army and the United Republics Air Force in the United Kingdom of Orsandia, subject to any declaration made by the latter, for the purposes of maintaining peace and facilitating the reconstruction efforts in the United Kingdom of Orsandia

Introduced by: Marijn Savege, 2nd Lieurneux, Forum Foreign Affairs Committee; Quin Blackburn, Republic of New Friesland, Council National Security Committee
F.JRes 1
Cedar M. Dyson
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

RP Pilot: Utmost Secrecy

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:58 pm

Title: Utmost Secrecy
Tech: MT
Type: Soldier's Drama/Spy Thriller/Character
Year: 2021

Synopsis: If there is one fact Cedar Dyson learned in the course of his second Presidential campaign, it's that people really aren't a fan of spending the start of every other year watching news of even more Doralitc troops being sent to some foreign land to fight a pointless war. Ever since 2017 Dyson has used the United Republics Army, Navy, and Air Force as a cudgel in Arvan (twice, mind you), San Javier, and Charbagnia. It should've been clear from the first round of international scorn that these methods don't work but that's ultimately what you get with a commander who has zero experience in the role. Dyson is lucky to have not suffered a catastrophe through this reckless use of force internationally, but there is an ever present fear in the military and intelligence community of Dormill and Stiura that one is coming soon. Made cognizant of this in the wake of the tragedy at Athalymos, Dyson finally puts some token measure of trust into his general staff, allowing them to propose utilizing the military as a scalpel, rather than a hammer.

This RP will involve the United Republics Military's ongoing reorganization effort, which has been up to this point meant to make it more flexible at an operational level. While this remains true, the leadership of the Doraltic military believes that the age of large unit warfare has past them. Conflicts such as the Intervention in Arvan, the Agustin Raid, the Charbagnian Revolution have all shown that modern warfare is an asymmetric one, one fought not only in the real world but also the digital; where your combatants can be anyone from anywhere. In order to respond to this, top brass of the Doraltic military believes that a collection of small but highly integrated units should be created with the purpose to strike fast and silently wherever Dormill and Stiura needs it, all without arousing significant political opposition. As a result, those units that were most recently involved in combat across the past several years will be called on to begin new training for this role. This will see the return of characters from my past RPs, including but not presently limited to: Théotime Snijder, Perce Achterkamp, and the members of 1st Ptn. 17th Airborne; Captain Sacheverell Ross of the URS Raphaël Van Horn; and newcomers who will have their first time in the limelight here.

The main plot, so it were, will revolve around these various military units coming together and learning how to (basically) fight like special forces. This will involve training with (obviously) the 21st Special Operations Regiment (the actual special forces of D&S) alongside training with other domestic and foreign military and intelligence services. In the latter regard, organizations such as OVAST and other alike organizations. Such a training would, as expected, take up to several months or even possibly a year and more, with such a large body of soldiers across all three Doraltic military services learning how to effectively function in a hybrid-special forces manner. During this time, there will be obvious tensions abound with the training, especially between traditional military leaders and intelligence service leaders, both of whom function on ever so slightly different sets of objectives. At the same time, Dormill and Stiura will also invest in new military technologies to gain the edge, especially drone and electronic warfare technology from partners such as Altera to serve the same ends as already mentioned.

This RP will also serve as the launching point for future RPs that I intend to involve myself with, mostly revolving around an unexpected yet fundamental change in how Dormill and Stiura conducts its foreign affairs in its many forms, one that may seriously change the present relationships the nation has already spent time working to forge. This RP will be open primarily to the people I normally write with (such as Noro, Altera, Balnik, Oste, Ains, Roen, Mik, and Aiz to name an immediate shortlist) but is ultimately open to all of TWI so long as you can bear with me to establish the relationship between Dormill and Stiura and your nation as it will heavily relate to this RP.

Cedar sat at his desk in the Presidential Palace, pouring over yet another morning's worth of reports from across the vast government he now ran with efficiency. Just about everything seemed fine until he began to notice a common thread among his intelligence reports. Everywhere he looked he saw the marring stain of his greatest controversies, from his decisions to invade Arvan to throwing troops into the middle of the Southern Sea with no plan. The fact that he even got away with being a Favrean war hawk and be reelected for it was nothing short of a miracle, and the burden of the Impostor Syndrome weighed heavily on Cedar. When he would next meet with the National Defense Council some days following, he asked a question that has been buzzing around the Doraltic public for the last five years, "Have I overused the military to accomplish my goals?". The response he got, the one he feared would strike at him as the attack ads did in the election campaign, was truly unexpected. The other members expressed that the problem wasn't that he was using the military, but rather he was using the military incorrectly. They argued that the best way to fight a war is to make sure its fought quickly and silently, that when force is needed, that it should be applied like a needle. It took some further convincing, especially as Cedar felt particularly unnerved by expanding the United Republics' covert operations into the military proper, but he did eventually come around on the concept. At the end of the meeting, he had given Trix Lovell and Landon Berger the green light to begin work on the project to reform a section of the United Republics Defense Forces into a force capable of accomplishing this "Surgical Warfare".

- A brief sample of writing, to whet your appetites
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents