NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Should have a post up on the IC page around monday. Also I accidentally telegrammed everyone instead of Talchyon so sorry about that XD
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 am

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Should have a post up on the IC page around monday. Also I accidentally telegrammed everyone instead of Talchyon so sorry about that XD

Blobfish - I always look forward to your posts.

So, I'm thinking that I may occasionally change the picture joke on the first page of IC, so we all get a new chuckle every now and then.

And if you know of anyone in your region who would be interested in joining, now's a great time. Let them know.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:45 pm

So, would people be opposed to me making the Steve outside into a hero?
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:44 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:So, would people be opposed to me making the Steve outside into a hero?

I think that Steve would be a very unique hero. For those of you who didn't see the link Pando posted in his IC post, Steve is not a person but is a distinct part of the Aurora Borealis.

In other matters, I would like to encourage people to post so we don't get bogged down in RP obscurity and this 2nd arc doesn't even get going.

Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Okay then...
He's a little out there.

Name: Steve
Codename: Steve
Sex: Steve doesn't have a sex...
Ok, you see that person in the very back of the image, wearing a muumuu and crocs with a large, fluffy, rainbow afro-mullet? Yeah, they're not Steve. Steve is the light. That sounds oddly philosophical. No. Steve literally is the light.

Bio: Originally, the Alberta Aurora Chasers, attributed the phenomenon now known as Steve to a proton aurora and erroneously called Steve a proton arc, but when physics professor Eric Donovan from the University of Calgary saw the pictures of Steve, he suspected that was not the case, because proton auroras are not visible. As he correlated the time and location of the phenomenon with European Space Agency's Swarm satellite data, Steve was very clearly distinguished. That was definitely not taken from Wikipedia and edited slightly... Why would you think that. However, this particular Steve was unknowingly called into existence by Aesculapius Johnson over the small town of Orient, Minnesota, during a seven o'clock meeting of the Minnesota Infinites on a Thursday. Steve grew intelligent and gained human-like senses.

Powers: Steve can talk, smell, and see. Because Steve is made of hot gas/light, Steve cannot hold or touch anything. Steve has heightened intelligence for an aurora, but average to slightly above average intelligence for a human. Either because it is made of hot gas, or because it is a light, Steve glows. As in the joke, "Everyone Knows Dave," everyone knows Steve; however, Steve may or may not know them.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: Um, well, I can talk, I can see. Um, I think that I'm made of gas.
Why did you become a superhero: Oh, uh, I read the sign outside the Legion Hall so I went into the room.
What are your goals for the future: I'd like to figure out why I came to life.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Well, Steve is made of gas or light, it's not really sure. Also, the media doesn't know that it exists, it showing up to the Minnesota Infinites meeting a couple minutes after it was made.
How would you describe your talents?: Uh, they're really amazing for gases, I think.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Steve doesn't have talents, also, Steve is made of gas.
What are your strengths?: Well, I make a mean bowl of jambalaya, I have a bird's eye view of everything, so I can spot things from far away. One of those was a lie.
What are your weaknesses?: I'm made of gas...
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Steve doesn't ever turn off. It is always glowing, so stealth missions will not work.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: Wait, there are more Infinites groups? Oh, um... Everyone wants a giant glowing gas on their team, right?
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): They don't know that Steve exists yet, and if it joins the Minneosta Infinites, they won't take notice of it either.
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:00 pm

If DC can have sentient planets (that I think even have morals. I think one planet was Green Lantern aligned?), then I see no reason why we can't have sentient light.

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm going to tag this so I can watch.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 am

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Okay then...
He's a little out there.

Name: Steve
Codename: Steve
Sex: Steve doesn't have a sex...
(Image)
Ok, you see that person in the very back of the image, wearing a muumuu and crocs with a large, fluffy, rainbow afro-mullet? Yeah, they're not Steve. Steve is the light. That sounds oddly philosophical. No. Steve literally is the light.

Bio: Originally, the Alberta Aurora Chasers, attributed the phenomenon now known as Steve to a proton aurora and erroneously called Steve a proton arc, but when physics professor Eric Donovan from the University of Calgary saw the pictures of Steve, he suspected that was not the case, because proton auroras are not visible. As he correlated the time and location of the phenomenon with European Space Agency's Swarm satellite data, Steve was very clearly distinguished. That was definitely not taken from Wikipedia and edited slightly... Why would you think that. However, this particular Steve was unknowingly called into existence by Aesculapius Johnson over the small town of Orient, Minnesota, during a seven o'clock meeting of the Minnesota Infinites on a Thursday. Steve grew intelligent and gained human-like senses.

Powers: Steve can talk, smell, and see. Because Steve is made of hot gas/light, Steve cannot hold or touch anything. Steve has heightened intelligence for an aurora, but average to slightly above average intelligence for a human. Either because it is made of hot gas, or because it is a light, Steve glows.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: Um, well, I can talk, I can see. Um, I think that I'm made of gas.
Why did you become a superhero: Oh, uh, I read the sign outside the Legion Hall so I went into the room.
What are your goals for the future: I'd like to figure out why I came to life.
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): Well, Steve is made of gas or light, it's not really sure. Also, the media doesn't know that it exists, it showing up to the Minnesota Infinites meeting a couple minutes after it was made.
How would you describe your talents?: Uh, they're really amazing for gases, I think.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) Steve doesn't have talents, also, Steve is made of gas.
What are your strengths?: Well, I make a mean bowl of jambalaya, I have a bird's eye view of everything, so I can spot things from far away. One of those was a lie.
What are your weaknesses?: I'm made of gas...
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Steve doesn't ever turn off. It is always glowing, so stealth missions will not work.
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: Wait, there are more Infinites groups? Oh, um... Everyone wants a giant glowing gas on their team, right?
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): They don't know that Steve exists yet, and if it joins the Minneosta Infinites, they won't take notice of it either.

Other than the fact that you call Steve by an "it" and not a "him", he's definitely ACCEPTED! WELCOME TO THE INFINTES! Pando, you know the drill. Steve will join the other Infinites at their meeting.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 am

The Great Devourer of All wrote:I'm going to tag this so I can watch.

Excellent! Always nice to have a viewer! (Oh, and if you ever decide to join the fun, go for it!) Plus, check out the former arc ("The Lamest Heroes") and also the first go-round ("The 9th or 10th Greatest Superhero Team"), with links on the first or second post of this OOC.

-Talc

What Has Been Lost
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby What Has Been Lost » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 am

I'll have a post up soon
Cobra
"I have to run, I have to hide."
Darkshadow
"To be afraid of a murderer, then logically, one should not be one."

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem." - Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Carribean
"Some [people] become bad when they have too much power. Sometimes... sometimes they don't know they're bad guys. They think what they're doing is the right thing... You know, there's really no such thing as bad guys. I mean... there are [people] who do bad things, but maybe that doesn't make them all bad. Maybe they can also do good things. Maybe those bad things are just mistakes." Fathom, Wings of Fire

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 am

What Has Been Lost wrote:I'll have a post up soon

Excellent!

In other news, I had an idea. This 2nd arc has been a long time promised. And I have some definite hilarious ideas for us. Trust me, you're going to like it. But I am thinking that maybe keeping this old OOC page was a mistake. And perhaps beginning the IC page without getting definite statements from people who wanted to continue in this 2nd arc from the 1st one.

So...

I'm thinking, that perhaps I will start a new OOC page. Recruit a lot. And get more to join us. Anyone who wants to be in that's already in would be fine, just let me know. You wouldn't have to put in a new app. But if I hear nothing, I won't include them.

This would also hopefully draw the attention of others who like playing, but get intimidated at joining long-established RPs. While this 2nd arc is technically part of a long-established series, it is its own arc and a lot of it is starting new with very little cross-over from the previous arc (and original go-round, too).

Please let me know your thoughts. Unless I hear compelling reasons otherwise, I will probably try to get something like this going within the next few days, and then heavily emphasize recruiting more as well.

-Talc

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Talchyon wrote:
What Has Been Lost wrote:I'll have a post up soon

Excellent!

In other news, I had an idea. This 2nd arc has been a long time promised. And I have some definite hilarious ideas for us. Trust me, you're going to like it. But I am thinking that maybe keeping this old OOC page was a mistake. And perhaps beginning the IC page without getting definite statements from people who wanted to continue in this 2nd arc from the 1st one.

So...

I'm thinking, that perhaps I will start a new OOC page. Recruit a lot. And get more to join us. Anyone who wants to be in that's already in would be fine, just let me know. You wouldn't have to put in a new app. But if I hear nothing, I won't include them.

This would also hopefully draw the attention of others who like playing, but get intimidated at joining long-established RPs. While this 2nd arc is technically part of a long-established series, it is its own arc and a lot of it is starting new with very little cross-over from the previous arc (and original go-round, too).

Please let me know your thoughts. Unless I hear compelling reasons otherwise, I will probably try to get something like this going within the next few days, and then heavily emphasize recruiting more as well.

-Talc

Seeing that there have been no compelling reasons given for not making a new OOC page, and also that players before were willing to go either way with having one or not, I think I will begin work on a new OOC page. And I think that will help with recruitment too. Hopefully!

-Talc

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Sorry, surprise D&D session came up. I'll start working on my post
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Gaia Concordis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaia Concordis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:44 am

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Sorry, surprise D&D session came up. I'll start working on my post

Oooh. Which edition?
Dank memes, people being people, puns

Stupidity

"People don’t think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" -Unknown
"*blip blip*" -Falco Lombardi and Fox McCloud
"SKREEEEEEE" -Metroid #536
"*dies*" -Homestuck Characters
"The fandom has ruined my game" -Sans the Skeleton
"I would like to rage" -Grog Strongjaw
"... ... ... ... ... ..." -Pokemon Trainer Red
On Excidium Planetis's scale:
-(Around) Tier 11
-(Baseline) Level 5
-Late Type 11

Proud OP of Blazing Heavens!

Roma numquam periit.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:38 am

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse