NATION

PASSWORD

THE GRAND BARISEA AUTUMN BALL(IC|ALL ALLOWED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

THE GRAND BARISEA AUTUMN BALL(IC|ALL ALLOWED)

Postby Barisea » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:14 pm

OOC LINKhttps://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=389375
It is autumn in barisea, Leaves are scattered on the ground, and Jack'O Lanterns are places on tables, doorsteps, etc.
At the palace, with it's steepled roofs, Ashla, the young queen of barisea prepares for the autumn ball.
"Everything in place?" She calls out to her sister, Avery, who has just finished hanging halloween decorations.
"Yep!" Avery called back. She skipped her way to Ashla, and said "So... It starts soon?" "Yes, why would I be making the last changes for any other reason?" Ashla replied. "When is Dessert?" Avery asked. (Avery, the princess of barisea is only fourteen at this point, and retains her energy from childhood, as she still is one) "Not until 9 0'clock!" Ashla laughed. "It'll start any minute!"
Last edited by Barisea on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barisea is a Napoleonic Era to WW2 Scandinavia nation.
A 18.4 civilization, according to this index.

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Through the door walked in two people. One of which was a female of around 17 years of age. She had generous assets for a girl her age, and stood 6 feet tall. She was clad in a flowing blue robe of Dalviric creation, combining ancient aesthetics with modern clothing technology. Her hair was brown, and it went down to her back. A second figure walked in, of similar age to Ashla - 15 years old. He had black hair that he wore short, and his clothing was a black suit with blue "veins" of plasma running down the legs, arms, and into the chest, clearly for aesthetic look. The veins were beautiful in a way, and had a slight glow. He stood 5' 11'', and had a somewhat muscular build.

A third figure, of far greater age, walked in as well. This was Turaknis Kèlmythràn, the nephew of the Dalviric leader Avraek Kèlmythràn. He had brilliant golden eyes, black hair which was worn in a similar way to his uncle, and a hard, no nonsense face, which was combined with a soft and fun loving face at the same time. A unique trait of Kèlmythràn family members. Turaknis had a medium body, not too heavy but not too small. His clothes were far more noble, combining the same outfit that Avraek wore but with far more gleaming gold parts.
The one guy on NationStates who jokes about everything from games to the Holocaust if allowed to.

Free Renewed Imperial Germany

Also called "dude bro" by feminists.

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Seeing the Guests, Ashla took a deep breath, and stepped forward to greet them "Welcome to barisea." At this point she was wearing a blue dress, with a purple cloak, and long, black gloves. By her side, her sister, dressed in orange and black, was having a hard time keeping reserved, the opposite of her nature.

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Barisea wrote:Seeing the Guests, Ashla took a deep breath, and stepped forward to greet them "Welcome to barisea." At this point she was wearing a blue dress, with a purple cloak, and long, black gloves. By her side, her sister, dressed in orange and black, was having a hard time keeping reserved, the opposite of her nature.

The male, Sakar, respectively bowed.
"Thank you. I am Sakar Kèlmythràn, and this is my sister Teldura. The big guy over there is Turaknis Kèlmythràn, my adoptive father. May I ask who you are?"
The one guy on NationStates who jokes about everything from games to the Holocaust if allowed to.

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:51 pm

"I am Queen Ashla Frostburough, of the kingdom of Barisea." Ashla said. "And this.."gesturing to her sister,"...is Avery, the princess of Barisea." "Hi! I'm-oh right.. my sister just told you." Avery said awkwardly. "Now, would you like something to drink?" Ashla laughed, amused by her sisters awkwardness.

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Barisea wrote:"I am Queen Ashla Frostburough, of the kingdom of Barisea." Ashla said. "And this.."gesturing to her sister,"...is Avery, the princess of Barisea." "Hi! I'm-oh right.. my sister just told you." Avery said awkwardly. "Now, would you like something to drink?" Ashla laughed, amused by her sisters awkwardness.

Turaknis was visibly amused before asking a question.
"Excuse me, are there any adults aside from me here?"

Sakar smiled.
"Yes, please."

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:22 am

Dalviric UIA wrote:
Barisea wrote:"I am Queen Ashla Frostburough, of the kingdom of Barisea." Ashla said. "And this.."gesturing to her sister,"...is Avery, the princess of Barisea." "Hi! I'm-oh right.. my sister just told you." Avery said awkwardly. "Now, would you like something to drink?" Ashla laughed, amused by her sisters awkwardness.

Turaknis was visibly amused before asking a question.

Sakar smiled.
"Yes, please."

Despite being somewhat annoyed, Ashla said "Perhaps some other guests will be over 21, I expect a large amount of them to be so." Turning to a waiter who was walking around the room, she said "What drinks can you offer this gentleman?" ,gesturing to Sakar

Impireacht
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 am

Alaster Scanlainn causally entered the ballroom, almost unnoticeable in the crowd. He found a nice corner and leaned back, watching the crowd intently. He noticed the Dalviric ambassador talking to the two Barisean women.

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:33 am

Barisea wrote:
Dalviric UIA wrote:Turaknis was visibly amused before asking a question.

Sakar smiled.
"Yes, please."

Despite being somewhat annoyed, Ashla said "Perhaps some other guests will be over 21, I expect a large amount of them to be so." Turning to a waiter who was walking around the room, she said "What drinks can you offer this gentleman?" ,gesturing to Sakar

The waiter responded by saying "Sir, we have wines, freshly pressed juices, halloween themed drinks, such as a sweet pumpkin juice in an carved pumpkin. Anything not mentioned, I expect we could do."

Impireacht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 am

The ambassador grins. "Bring me your finest wine.", he says, while studying the Barisean girls. They seemed easy enough to manipulate, he'd at least be getting an unbalanced trade deal, if not more...

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:27 pm

Impireacht wrote:The ambassador grins. "Bring me your finest wine.", he says, while studying the Barisean girls. They seemed easy enough to manipulate, he'd at least be getting an unbalanced trade deal, if not more...

"Vey well, sir." Said the waiter. Ashla turned to talk to the new arrival. "I am queen Ashla of Barisea. Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting?"

Impireacht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:38 pm

"Ambassador Alaster Scanlainn of Impireacht, and the pleasure is all mine, m'lady." He performed a small bow

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Barisea wrote:
Dalviric UIA wrote:Turaknis was visibly amused before asking a question.

Sakar smiled.
"Yes, please."

"I apologize for any offense I gave, Ashla. I meant none."

Rwanda under the Hutu
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rwanda under the Hutu » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 pm

In walks in a man who gave away the aura of power and respect. His face was stoic and focused, the brow crasing on his brown skin. He was wearing his olive green suit, adorned with stars and metals. His clothes were al cleanly pressed against his figure, which was large and strong. His heavy feet beat against the tiles as he walked forward. Against his side was a sheathed machete, with a worn leather handle. Once in he pasued and took in the surroundings. What a fine looking ballroom. I must have one similar installed when I return. Seeing the gaggle of guests he walked forward. This man's name was well known in the circles he was in, and he hoped that this circle of individuals would recognize him, Paul Kagame the third.
Last edited by Rwanda under the Hutu on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Rwanda under the Hutu wrote:In walks in a man who gave away the aura of power and respect. His face was stoic and focused, the brow crasing on his brown skin. He was wearing his olive green suit, adorned with stars and metals. His clothes were al cleanly pressed against his figure, which was large and strong. His heavy feet beat against the tiles as he walked forward. Against his side was a sheathed machete, with a worn leather handle. Once in he pasued and took in the surroundings. What a fine looking ballroom. I must have one similar installed when I return. Seeing the gaggle of guests he walked forward. This man's name was well known in the circles he was in, and he hoped that this circle of individuals would recognize him, Paul Kagame the third.

Avery, the young princess, having been awkwardly stood by while Ashla talked away, saw Paul Kagame the third, and decided to strike up an conversation. He seemed like a military man, and since they are always are so formal, she decided that she would need to be as formal as she could. "Hello ther-sir!" she said awkwardly and tried to curtsy.

Impireacht wrote:"Ambassador Alaster Scanlainn of Impireacht, and the pleasure is all mine, m'lady." He performed a small bow

"Thank you." Ashla said, a polite smile on her face "I trust you had a nice journey?"

Rwanda under the Hutu
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Rwanda under the Hutu » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:01 am

He looks down to the royal bowing before him and bows as well. "Hello, I assume this is your ball? What a nice one it is too." His voice was low and loud, as out carried much authority."My name is Paul Kagame the third, what may yours be?"

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Rwanda under the Hutu wrote:He looks down to the royal bowing before him and bows as well. "Hello, I assume this is your ball? What a nice one it is too." His voice was low and loud, as out carried much authority."My name is Paul Kagame the third, what may yours be?"

"I'm Avery. Princess, that is. And It's my sister's ball." She said, almost apologetically, and gesturing to her older sister, the queen. "Um..." Avery was a little awkward around important people. "This Ball is halloween themed!" She said, despite the obviousness of her observation, she smiled for a long time and staring not knowing what to say.

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Barisea wrote:
Rwanda under the Hutu wrote:He looks down to the royal bowing before him and bows as well. "Hello, I assume this is your ball? What a nice one it is too." His voice was low and loud, as out carried much authority."My name is Paul Kagame the third, what may yours be?"

"I'm Avery. Princess, that is. And It's my sister's ball." She said, almost apologetically, and gesturing to her older sister, the queen. "Um..." Avery was a little awkward around important people. "This Ball is halloween themed!" She said, despite the obviousness of her observation, she smiled for a long time and staring not knowing what to say.

Sakar smiled.
"There is no need to be embarrassed, princess. People make mistakes all the time."

Rwanda under the Hutu
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Rwanda under the Hutu » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Barisea wrote:

"Oh, I absolutely adore Themed events, so much joy in the activities." He looked around at the other guests and felt a great calm form these people. A trait not every person can experience in a place often.
"The decorations are... perfectly placed . I admire the skills of the person in charge of decor." As he was scanning the surroundings he stopped on the ambassador, whos name he has heard in passing conversation. He has the looks of a man with an ulterior motive.
"Excuse me princess, and thank you for your introduction."
He starts making his way over to the ambassador. To have a friendly conversation.

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Dalviric UIA wrote:
Barisea wrote:

Sakar smiled.
"There is no need to be embarrassed, princess. People make mistakes all the time."

(Um what? Avery is talking to Paul, and Ashla was talking to you. So why are you talking to Avery?)

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Barisea wrote:
Dalviric UIA wrote:Sakar smiled.

(Um what? Avery is talking to Paul, and Ashla was talking to you. So why are you talking to Avery?)

(This is in the same room, isn't it?)

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:59 pm

(So.. you take part in every conversation?)

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Barisea wrote:(So.. you take part in every conversation?)

(I'm actually not going to answer that one.)

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:11 pm

(Let's just move on)
"Ok anyway,...um....um..? Hi?"
Avery said to Sakar

Dalviric UIA
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalviric UIA » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Barisea wrote:(Let's just move on)
"Ok anyway,...um....um..? Hi?"
Avery said to Sakar

(I was going to say that if you didn't want it to happen, it didn't happen. It was just that remark that was kind of offensive.)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates