NATION

PASSWORD

[NSGS] First Government of Elizia

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Arkolon wrote:Didn't say that. But to have liberals make up what is increasingly looking like a parliamentary majority in a country like Elizia? That's just nonsensical and only makes sense because many new recruits aren't reading the GDoc properly.

Not all players have to have the same ideology of gameplay, Ark. You can try to be as stereotypically Asian as you want, but there are those of use who prefer optimism and idealism over pragmatism.

The last party I'd ever join is the EFP. The first party I'd join is the LDP. I'm no RP expert and I'm in no pantheon of RPers, but I'm capable enough at this game to divorce IC from OOC.
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Arkolon wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Not all players have to have the same ideology of gameplay, Ark. You can try to be as stereotypically Asian as you want, but there are those of use who prefer optimism and idealism over pragmatism.

The last party I'd ever join is the EFP. The first party I'd join is the LDP. I'm no RP expert and I'm in no pantheon of RPers, but I'm capable enough at this game to divorce IC from OOC.

If you personally prefer the LDP, you should RP a character that's more in line with your personal beliefs. There's no fun in having to propagate political beliefs you staunchly disagree with.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Arkolon wrote:The last party I'd ever join is the EFP. The first party I'd join is the LDP. I'm no RP expert and I'm in no pantheon of RPers, but I'm capable enough at this game to divorce IC from OOC.

If you personally prefer the LDP, you should RP a character that's more in line with your personal beliefs. There's no fun in having to propagate political beliefs you staunchly disagree with.

There's actually a lot of fun in it IMO, because it's more of a challenge; that might just be me though, and admittedly, I'm pretty much RPing my beliefs with concession to the RP.
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Arkolon wrote:The last party I'd ever join is the EFP. The first party I'd join is the LDP. I'm no RP expert and I'm in no pantheon of RPers, but I'm capable enough at this game to divorce IC from OOC.

That's where you're wrong: I'm having boatloads of fun!
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:24 pm

Arkolon wrote:
Belmaria wrote:If you personally prefer the LDP, you should RP a character that's more in line with your personal beliefs. There's no fun in having to propagate political beliefs you staunchly disagree with.

That's where you're wrong: I'm having boatloads of fun!

Then it's a matter of personal preference. In that case, the one thing you shouldn't do is constantly criticize people who disagree with you just for having a different personal opinion on what constitutes fun. That goes for all of you.

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Belmaria wrote:
Arkolon wrote:That's where you're wrong: I'm having boatloads of fun!

Then it's a matter of personal preference. In that case, the one thing you shouldn't do is constantly criticize people who disagree with you just for having a different personal opinion on what constitutes fun. That goes for all of you.

The NSGS member base is disproportionately composed of white males under the age of 25. There's two or three different political leanings that encompass ~80% of that kind of demographic: Western left, Western right, and Western centre. If everyone used OOC views, not only would it be nonsensical given the location (especially given Elizia's exotic one), but it would also be ... boring, since it would go exactly as we'd expect: the same way Dagmar ended. No one's imposing realism on anyone, but there must come a point when we must say "at this stage, things would definitely have not been this way in the real world".
Rosa Luxemburg

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Arkolon wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Then it's a matter of personal preference. In that case, the one thing you shouldn't do is constantly criticize people who disagree with you just for having a different personal opinion on what constitutes fun. That goes for all of you.

The NSGS member base is disproportionately composed of white males under the age of 25. There's two or three different political leanings that encompass ~80% of that kind of demographic: Western left, Western right, and Western centre. If everyone used OOC views, not only would it be nonsensical given the location (especially given Elizia's exotic one), but it would also be ... boring, since it would go exactly as we'd expect: the same way Dagmar ended. No one's imposing realism on anyone, but there must come a point when we must say "at this stage, things would definitely have not been this way in the real world".

Not all Western RPs have been boring in NSGS, and you can't definitively say that a liberal movement won't spring up in any part of Asia tomorrow. There are already significant protests being held in authoritarian states like China on a regular basis.

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Arkolon wrote:
Belmaria wrote:Then it's a matter of personal preference. In that case, the one thing you shouldn't do is constantly criticize people who disagree with you just for having a different personal opinion on what constitutes fun. That goes for all of you.

Calaverde was fun and we all rp'ed a relatively Western political landscape. It only got unfun because the left had a boner for not giving anyone else a chance.

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Following a certain defection, I have taken over the defector's ministry.

Elizia National Coalition
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Elizia National Coalition » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:32 am

Stand by just for a slightly updated OP -- ETM

FIRST GOVERNMENT OF ELIZIA
Image__Image___Image___Image___Image

Cabinet of Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang

President - Arkolon

Financial Affairs - Electrum
- Finance
- Economy
- Commerce
- Welfare and Pensions

Public Services Secretary - Britanno 3
- Health
- Education
- Transport
- Infrastructure

Foreign Affairs - The Sarian
- Foreign Affairs
- Defence
- Trade
- International Development

Home Secretary - Licentian Isles
- the Interior
- Justice
- Prison Service

Environment and Social Development - Merizoc
- Culture
- Labour
- Urban Affairs
- Rural Affairs
- Environment
- Communities and Local Government
- Energy

Minister without portfolio - Ainin

RIP Labour.
Last edited by Elizia National Coalition on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:19 am

Federal Government Budget of Elizia September 2016
Author: Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang
Sponsors: Government

The budget of the Federal Government of Elizia for the month of September 2016.

Foreword
"In line with our predictions, this Government's last budget and its commitment to rebuilding national infrastructure and caring for the welfare of our people has had a positive impact on the Elizian economy, which grew very modestly but still remained afloat. This Government is once again pledging to support our nation's infrastructure through more public initiatives into the building of schools, hospitals, roads and bridges, but this Budget is also about building bridges with the Opposition. We have included all of the bills passed by the Senate of Elizia into this Budget - from the Immunization Act to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Act - in the aim of ensuring that this Budget is not one that is partisan, is not one that works for one party but doesn't work for the other, but is a Budget of cooperation. A Budget of mutual agreement: agreement that the institutions of the Elizian Federation are to benefit the people of Elizia first and foremost, and not just to serve a caste of politicians. This Budget is one of hope - hope in the future of Elizia, because that is what it is building, and hope that the people of Elizia will keep their faith in their Senate to deliver to them the promises they wrote into law. For the common person, a Budget like this one is the least a politician could do to actually, tangibly change the lives of the people they represent, and change it for the better."
The Rt Hon Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang, President of the Federation of Elizia

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Head of the State, by and with the counsel of the Government, and the authority of the Federal Parliament by virtue of the powers placed upon it by the Law, as follows:

§1 - Budget Appropriations
a) The following Offices of State shall receive the following appropriations for current spending, in millions of US dollars:
    i.) Office of the President and the Administration of the Offices of State: $420.0
    ii.) Office of the Home Secretary: $2,500.0
    iii.) Office of the Foreign Secretary: $10.0
    iv.) Office of the Public Services Secretary: $10,500.0
    v.) Office of the Social Development Secretary: $500
b. The following amounts will be used to pay off the interest accrued on Elizia's sovereign debt, in millions of US dollars:
    i.) Debt interest: $1,155.3

§2 - Capital (Investment) Budget Appropriations
a) The following Offices of State shall receive the following appropriations for capital spending, in millions of US dollars:
    i.) Office of the Financial Affairs Secretary: $1,000.0

§3 - Summary
a) For the current budget, the following total appropriations are, in US millions of dollars:
    i.) Current Spending: $15,085.3 (37.3% of GDP)
b) For the capital (investment) budget, the following total appropriations are, in US millions of dollars:
    i.) Investment Spending: $1,000.0 (2.5% of GDP)
c) For the total spending appropriations, inclusive of current and capital (investment) spending and debt interest repayments, the following total appropriations are, in US millions of dollars:
    i.) Total Spending: $16,085.3 (39.8% of GDP)

§4 - Miscellaneous
a) The dollar value of the above appropriations will be converted into Elizian Bulats at an exchange rate of one (1) United States Dollar representing twenty point five (20.50) Elizian Bulats.
b) Offices of State will receive their Appropriations in Elizian Bulats at the exchange rate given above, and not in United States Dollars.

Expected dollar revenues: $16,427.2m (prev: $16,363.6m)
Expected bulat revenues: 328.54b (prev: 327.27b)
Expected dollar expenses: $16,085.3 (prev: $15,680.2m)
Expected bulat expenses: 321.71b (prev: 313.60b)
Last edited by Arkolon on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rosa Luxemburg

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Detention Service Establishment Act
Author: Chu Canh Kim (Independent, Home Secretary)
Sponsors: Government

An act to establish a prison service for Elizia

Section 1 - Establishment of the Elizian Detention Service
1. The Elizian Detention Service (EDS) shall be established as a department of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
2. The EDS shall be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of detention centres in Elizia.
3. The EDS shall be responsible for the detention of felons convicted to imprisonment under the Criminal Code of the Federation of Elizia.
a. The EDS shall be responsible for detainees from the point of their conviction to the ending of their sentence.
4. The Home Secretary shall have the responsibility of appointing a Head for the EDS.
a. The Head of the EDS shall have the responsibility of overseeing the running of Elizia’s detention centres, and of appointing a Head Gaoler for each of the detention centres under the purview of the EDS

Section 2 - Establishment of the Committee for the Oversight of Detention Centres
1. The Committee for the Oversight of Detention Centres (CODC) shall be established separately from the EDS under the purview of the Home Secretary.
2. If a convicted felon under detention by the EDS feels they have been mistreated by employees or policies of the EDS, they can submit a complaint to the CODC, which must be taken without considering the crime for which the felon is serving time.
3. The CODC will be made up of a panel of 5 citizens not employed by the EDS and appointed by the Home Secretary.

Section 3 - Pre-Trial Detention
1. Pre-trial detention will come under the purview of the EDS when deemed necessary by a judge.
2. People detained by the EDS prior to their trial shall not be held with convicted felons.
3. Each region of Elizia must have at least one prison with a section designated for pre-trial detention only.

Will leave this here for critique before submitting it; not written in this style for a while, so want to be sure I've got the right idea.

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:11 am

Siva Jeyaratnam plays The Fear in the cabinet room

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 am

The mop sat in the corner next to a bucket.
Slava Ukraini

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:44 am

The bucket silently wept.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:08 am

Now the Caretaker Government until October 18th. I suppose we should start planning out leadership contests in our respective parties at this point, and then have some kind of NC primary before the general election.
Rosa Luxemburg

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 am

The Rt. Hon Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang
President of the Elizian Federation
1 Federation Road
Kentang FCD 00001

Mr. President,

Your continued maintenance of this office is unnecessarily divisive in a time during which the nation seeks unity. It cannot and does not represent the will of either ourselves as individuals or of the National Coalition as a whole. Indeed, it especially does not represent the will of the Parliament of Elizia, which has made it clear that it no longer sees it fit for you to maintain the presidency. As private attempts to convince you to resign the presidency have failed, we cannot in good conscience continue to maintain office in this caretaker government and continue to be complicit in this contemptuous treatment of Parliament.

Please accept our resignations from our respective cabinet posts.

We have the honour to be, Sir, your obedient servants,

Siva Jeyaratnam
Finance Secretary

Ujong Duong
Secretary for the Environment and Social Development

Zhou Xiyang
Minister without Portfolio
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:36 am

Alright. I guess I'll appoint replacements momentarily, then.
Rosa Luxemburg

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:11 am

The Rt. Hon Raharjo Iskandar-Bambang
Caretaker President of the Elizian Federation
1 Federation Road
Kentang FCD 00001

Your Excellency,

You should know that I shall always hold you with the highest regard, and view your steadfast upholding of the Constitution of Eliza - against external and intrinsic desires otherwise - to be a merit of the highest order. The Constitution of Elizia is the one thing holding this nation back from the doors of the dictatorship that we have all so thankfully fled, and I will support you with every breath in my ageing body as we fight together to preserve it.

Mr President, please, keep with your constitutional duties and remain in office as Caretaker President against the wishes of the constitutional anarchists who hold this very federation with the utmost contempt.

Forever your loyal subject;

Jiang Muhammad
Foreign Secretary
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:58 am

In the effort to ascertain the Caretaker Presidency as apolitical and committed to fulfill day-to-day duties without partisan interest, appointments to replace the leaving Secretaries will be made from across the aisle. The Environment and Social Development Secretary is now Eol Sha from the SLP, and the Finance Secretary is now Eredion from the ECP. Obviously these are only caretaker Secretaries so there is no mandate for grand schemes or policy implementations emanating from their office or from any office at all.
Rosa Luxemburg

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:00 am

Mohammad Yusof bin Osman (Filimons) has been appointed Commissioner of the Capital Police.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:19 am

As I informed ark, I will be resigning on account of opposition to these appointments. IC letter coming soon.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:45 am

The Sarian wrote:As I informed ark, I will be resigning on account of opposition to these appointments. IC letter coming soon.

See ya Sarian. Filimons is up after you, as soon as he replies in the affirmative.
Rosa Luxemburg

Filimons
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Filimons » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Arkolon wrote:
The Sarian wrote:As I informed ark, I will be resigning on account of opposition to these appointments. IC letter coming soon.

See ya Sarian. Filimons is up after you, as soon as he replies in the affirmative.

I accept.
Das Publikum beklatscht ein Feuerwerk, aber keinen Sonnenaufgang.

Eredion
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eredion » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:16 am

So what should I do about the budget not being placed on the bill.
Proud founding member of the Union of Sovereign States

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives