NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

[PASSED] Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:05 am

The Security Council,
Noting That since the failed coup of Lazarus ended, the Pacific has since acquired new leadership.

Acknowledging that the Pacific has since apologized not once, but twice for the coup and other past actions,

Praising the Pacific for initiating reforms within their region, such as
- replacing government officials,
- democratizing the government,
- reforming the provincial system, and
- beginning peaceful outreach with the GCR Sovereignty Accords,

Further noting that the region of Lazarus has accepted the the Pacific's apology and has exchanged embassies with them,

Observing that there are very tyrannical regions and nations that have not been condemned my this august body, thus canceling the argument made in SC#177,

Further Observing that the coup d'etat by the so called "Gang of Five" was not sanctioned by the New Pacific Order,

Realizing the unfairness of condemning over five thousand nations for the actions of six,

Shocked that Security Council Resolution #177 would endorse the fall of a major government,

Disgusted at the many inaccuracies in the Resolution,

Arguing that the endorsement cap is normal by Inter-regional standards and has contributed to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific regions,

Amazed that SC Resolution #177 would call for change in a government that is very well liked by the region as a whole,

Asserting the fact that nations and regions involved with the Security Council can choose whatever government style they want,


Further Arguing that the main basis of Security Council Resolution #177 has been rendered null and void by the actions of the Pacific,

Hereby Repeals SC #177 "Condemn the Pacific"
The Security Council,
Noting That since the failed coup of Lazarus ended, the Pacific has since acquired new leadership.

Acknowledging that the Pacific has since apologized not once, but twice for the coup and other past actions.

Praising the Pacific for initiating reforms within their region.

Further noting that the region of Lazarus has accepted the the Pacific's apology and has exchanged embassies with them.

Arguing that the low endorsement cap has led to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's.

Further Arguing that the main basis of Security Council Resolution #177 has been rendered null and void by the actions of the Pacific.

Hereby Repeals SC #177 "Condemn the Pacific"

EDIT 2: Changed Endo cap clause and Added a list of the reforms.
Last edited by Wrapper on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:58 am, edited 15 times in total.
Reason: MODEDIT: Passed.
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 am

Not bumping, But adding that I know this is a short resolution compared to SC #177, but I believe it argues that the core reasons for the condemnation are now in accurate.
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Cormactopia II
Diplomat
 
Posts: 886
Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cormactopia II » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:48 am

I continue, on behalf of Osiris, to support any effort to repeal SC#177.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (3x)

"And to the contrary, the game is insufferably boring without Cormac's antics" - Sandaoguo (Glen-Rhodes), 22 September 2016

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:52 am

Cormactopia II wrote:I continue, on behalf of Osiris, to support any effort to repeal SC#177.

Thank you. I hope, despite differences, noone does not hold a grudge in regards to the events of April 2015
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:22 am

Is this long enough to make it passable?
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:27 am

Arguing that the low endorsement cap has led to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's.


"I would take this out. To me, it doesn't really seem like a contributing part of the argument, but other than that it looks good. It will pass if people want it to pass; I don't think the word count is particularly important here. Thank you for your time, Ambassador"
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:29 am

Praising the Pacific for initiating reforms within their region.


"You could include some of the reforms, though, if you are looking for something more to add. It may help your case too."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:35 am

Adytus wrote:
Arguing that the low endorsement cap has led to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's.


"I would take this out. To me, it doesn't really seem like a contributing part of the argument, but other than that it looks good. It will pass if people want it to pass; I don't think the word count is particularly important here. Thank you for your time, Ambassador"

Well, in SC #177, the writer makes an argument that the Pacific was tyrannical for the low endorsement count
Adytus wrote:
Praising the Pacific for initiating reforms within their region.


"You could include some of the reforms, though, if you are looking for something more to add. It may help your case too."

Thank you
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:37 am

Well, in SC #177, the writer makes an argument that the Pacific was tyrannical for the low endorsement count.


"Has that changed? I do not think security necessarily overrides that."
Last edited by Adytus on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:50 am

Adytus wrote:
Well, in SC #177, the writer makes an argument that the Pacific was tyrannical for the low endorsement count.


"Has that changed? I do not think security necessarily overrides that."

"No it has not been changed, but it was an invalid argument as some regions have an endorsement count of 2
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Adytus wrote:
"Has that changed? I do not think security necessarily overrides that."

"No it has not been changed, but it was an invalid argument as some regions have an endorsement count of 2

"I don't think that's the case. Regions that have 10 world assembly nations, and an endorsement cap of 2 don't share the same intention or context as the Pacific."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 am

Adytus wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:"No it has not been changed, but it was an invalid argument as some regions have an endorsement count of 2

"I don't think that's the case. Regions that have 10 world assembly nations, and an endorsement cap of 2 don't share the same intention or context as the Pacific."

"The intention is to keep regional stability, Ambassador.
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:10 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Adytus wrote:"I don't think that's the case. Regions that have 10 world assembly nations, and an endorsement cap of 2 don't share the same intention or context as the Pacific."

"The intention is to keep regional stability, Ambassador.

"The intention is to stay in power. Both cases can be made."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:17 am

Adytus wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:"The intention is to keep regional stability, Ambassador.

"The intention is to stay in power. Both cases can be made."

"Stability does equal staying in power"
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:39 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Adytus wrote:"The intention is to stay in power. Both cases can be made."

"Stability does equal staying in power"

"You cannot just ignore that they were condemned for being a dictatorship by saying its stable for dictators to stay in power a long time."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Almonaster Nuevo
Senator
 
Posts: 3760
Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:45 am

[ooc]

I see a few issues with the reforms clause. Could I suggest...

- replacing government officials,
- democratizing the government,
- reforming the provincial system, and
- beginning peaceful outreach with the GCR Sovereignty Accords.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:[ooc]

I see a few issues with the reforms clause. Could I suggest...

- replacing government officials,
- democratizing the government,
- reforming the provincial system, and
- beginning peaceful outreach with the GCR Sovereignty Accords.

Agreed
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1731
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Cormactopia II wrote:I continue, on behalf of Osiris, to support any effort to repeal SC#177.

Likewise for TWP. However, my gut feel says that this isn't detailed enough to either get to quorum or pass if it does reach the vote.

It's tidily written, but I don't like your argument about the endorsement cap.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Arguing that the endorsement cap is normal by the region's standard and has contributed to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's


"Made a few changes to fix it up a bit. I hope what I fixed it to is what you intended."

OCC: Could you spoil the first draft and have draft 2.5 as the OP? I almost missed the new draft, and it may be a bit confusing to others.
Last edited by Adytus on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Funkadelia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 891
Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Funkadelia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Again, just because some minor, superficial changes have been made, does not mean that the action has been erased from history.
Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

User avatar
Almonaster Nuevo
Senator
 
Posts: 3760
Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Adytus wrote:
Arguing that the endorsement cap is normal by the region's standard and has contributed to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's


"Made a few changes to fix it up a bit. I hope what I fixed it to is what you intended."

OCC: Could you spoil the first draft and have draft 2.5 as the OP? I almost missed the new draft, and it may be a bit confusing to others.


I agree, it's best to have the current version as the main entry, then spoiler the earlier drafts.

Please lose the possessive apostrophe at the end of " stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's " (-> "Pacifics").
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks for the grammer
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Canton Empire wrote:Thanks for the grammar

Grammar corrections, I mean
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:36 pm

Adytus wrote:
Arguing that the endorsement cap is normal by the region's standard and has contributed to stability unseen by almost any of the Pacific's


"Made a few changes to fix it up a bit. I hope what I fixed it to is what you intended."

OCC: Could you spoil the first draft and have draft 2.5 as the OP? I almost missed the new draft, and it may be a bit confusing to others.

I meant by Inter-regional standards
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

User avatar
Canton Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4636
Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Added several more clauses
Former Vice Delegate of Lazarus, Guardian of Lazarus, Former Chief Justice of Lazarus, former Lazarene Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder, Republic of Channel Island
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads