NATION

PASSWORD

Legends of the Gun (Atten/Dyste)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Legends of the Gun (Atten/Dyste)

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:14 pm

O'Conner Homestead and Farm
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

The positioning of the house is not actually on the farm but near it. The old house is in the middle of a clearing surrounded by trees. It is n older two story ranch style house with several outbuildings. A porch dominates the front of the house and standing in front of it is a woman.
She is tall, even by male standards, statuesque and well muscled. Her hair is bright red, cut short and is mostly is hidden under a baseball cap with a few strands peaking out. The name Mercer is written across the cap, possibly the name of some college or team. She is causally dressed in jeans, boots and a button down plaid shirt. A belt wraps round her narrow waist and three things dangle from it. One is large caliber revolver fit for taking down bears, it is the Eastwood and Wayne .454, smaller than the larger .510 but still plenty powerful. The next one is a curved dagger with a green pommel stone in a sheathe that is plain black leather. And the other is badge. It has a star in the middle above it 'Federal Agent' and below it is 'Warden'. The second word strikes fear into many criminals hearts.
Wardens are know for being tougher that a battleship's armor, meaner than a Drakon, and as determined as warg. They roam the many wild areas and are often called in to deal with situations. Rumor has it they can track any leaf in middle of autumn, shoot the wings off of a gnat at thousand yards, and wrestle warg to the ground. They were know for riding there wargs everywhere and were still regarded with a warily. In the old days they were regarded as sorcery.
This Warden looked more like she belonged on a run way than running through the woods chasing criminals, but Ali O'Conner would not have it any other way.
She looks down at her watch then grimace
"Why can't Tynah get here on time? I mean with that stupid teleportation thing she can be anywhere she wants to be with the snap of a finger"
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

The individual Ali was waiting upon was no ordinary hunter. She was the princess of Dyste, though for members of the Bretheren of the Hunt, that was the least important fact about her. She was not the only one of her kind or countrymen to be a member - aside from her friend and fellow Knight Lavian, several other Dystans had joined by this point - but many considered her the most powerful Hunter, in strength if not influence. Some thought she was a no-brainer to be the future Grandmaster, but some considered it a controversial pick for numerous reasons. Regardless of the reasoning, she had a long-standing friendship with the O'Conner family ever since her first visits to these lands, and unlike then, she had learned to teleport herself instead of needing aid to do so.

Tynah Blackfang was eleven feet in height, with scales black as night, aside from her 'underbelly' being golden. Her muscular frame had a few scars laden upon it, most notably two in the shape of an 'X' across her chest. Her only form of clothing seemed to be a silver sash across her chest, with a small bag attached on the back. It appeared the only weapon she carried on her person was the knife that signified her rank, but a closer look at the sash showed images of weapons upon it, such as the lightning-imbued mace gifted by her father, and 'Mighty Milly', the gun given to her upon her first hunt. It was her favourite magic item, one that her husband designed after when she was raising through the ranks.

While some might be intimidated by her presence, the woman she had met had no reason to be afraid, having known the Draconid for nearly all her life (Ali's, to be precise; Tynah was several hundred years old), and the first thing to escape the Draconid's mouth was a cheerful greeting, "Hi, Ali! I am sorry if I am late, I needed to make sure Guts was ready to go!" Behind her was an even larger battle warg, one that was almost as famous as she was by this point. While a terror on the battlefield, the princess playfully scratched behind his ears as if he was a puppy. "Aww, who is a good boy... but yes, I made sure to feed him plenty and get everything prepared. How have you been? My apologies for not having seen you for a while, but, you know, royal duties called. I for one am glad to get back into my element." While she didn't mind being royalty, Tynah felt more at home dealing with monsters and wild beasts than the diplomatic scene.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Ali looks the massive bi pedal dragon like creature up and taking in her black gold colored scales to the array of weapons she had strapped to her and sighs at the memories of keeping here. Princess Tynah, or Aunty Goldy as a much younger Ali had called her, was considered a close friend of the O'Conner clan as a whole, having been invited over and spent time here. She was even considered, within the Brethren, to be Patrick O'Conner protègè a status which few held. And taking it a step further she was expected by many to one day reach the rank of Master of the Hunt and take his place on the council. A lot was expected of Tynah and by extension Ali who was Patrick O'Conner's daughter. Both were trained by him so much was expected from them.

She had startled and very scared the first time she mentioned Tynah, but she warmed up and grew to like her.
Ali laughs and then hugs Tynah.
"It is all right Tynah. I am just glad you made it to the annual Meet for the Hunt. I missed last year's because of work. Hey Guts." The elephant sized wolf lowers it's head and scratches behind his ears. The massive wolf then gives her a light pick in the face and Ali laughs.
"Nice to see you as well you big lug. So Tynah the meet is not until tomorrow. I have made plans. See tonight is also the opening night for my uncles restaurant. He is a famous chef and everything g and I managed to secure some spots if you want to go. And I was hoping that you would since you can teleport us there." Ali says weasling Tynah. " I have everything you might need. " she adds offering up a map with the location marked and pictures of the place.
"He is a really good cook, I swear."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Tynah reciprocated the hug, being happy to spend time with Ali again. "Indeed, I missed last year's meet too, sadly. Official duties got in the way and all that. But I plan to more than make up for that this time!" She remembered going to her first annual meet with Ali's father, which was quite the time indeed.

Tynah had not eaten since lunch, so she was more than happy to try out this new restaurant. "Sounds like a great idea, Ali!" Noticing Guts looking excited, she patted him on the head, "Sorry, I do not think they allow battle wargs. Aw, do not be sad, we will get you some treats, okay? Behave yourself, alright?" Guts nodded; he didn't like to be excluded but knew sometimes he couldn't join in on everything.

Looking over the maps and pictures, she nodded, "You have gotten quite good at planning these, Ali." Teleportation could not be done without be able to visualize the place in question, hence why these guides were important. "I suppose people have made many efforts over the years to walk less, GHAHAHA!" After spending a few minutes studying the layout, she found a good spot to teleport to. With the flash, they were at their destination... well, more like on a side street nearby, as teleporters rarely want onto busy streets for safety reasons. "There we go, simple as that," Tynah seemed pleased with herself. "Mother was so proud of me when I finally got this spell down. Though I do have to thank the Hunt for giving me the motivation, as I wanted to get better at this sort of thing to help them." Indeed, being a hunter had improved a lot of her skills, including talents she never knew she had.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Outside Jake's
Frontier City
Timocratic Republic of Patrick O'Conner

The side street is fairly clean as such things go,
"Come on Tynah it is just over there"
Ali says pionting to the end of alley and across the street. She dashes out of the alley and comes to a stop. Across the street is what appears to be an old fashioned hotel built from logs, and it stands between several other building that look like they ripped right from the old west. It is two stories and porch wraps around it, the windows are tall and wide to let in more light. A flight of stairs leads up to the open double doors were chauffers wait to take people cars off to some parking out of sight and a podium stands with hostess ready to send people off. She is tall and very well dressed in black silk dress and heels with set of pearls around her neck.
A sign hangs from the cross beam and on it it says Jakes is flowing white script. But the most startling thing besides the places rustic air, is the long line of people waiting to get in. Suddenly a limos in pulls up and a tuxedo clad man exits; paperazzi appear and start snapping pictures of him as he smiles and waves before heading inside. The hostess nods and with a snap of her figures a waiter appears and wicks him off to be seated.
Ali looks left and see a line of limo and expensive looking cars as more very well dressed people arrive for the grand opening of what is the most anticipated restaurant in the nation. All of the big wigs and famous people were showing up to dine here. Off to one side a reporter for some news company is talking loudly about the people as they arrive and about the restraunt in general.
"Wow"says Ali "it's is even busier than I expected. Well come on them Tynah let's go."
Ali body strides across the street nimble dodging the cars. Once across the moves to the head of the line. A person objects and tries to grab her and fails totally. Ali s hand intercepts his and in a twist and second he is on the ground with his behind his head. Ali makes tut tut sound at him.
"Not a good idea to try and grab a federal agent much less a warden sir." The man's face goes a bit pale.
"Lucky you I'm have a reservation for two here and thus have every right to be here and much more important things to do. Next time think before you grab." Ali let's him go and heads for the double doors. Inside there is a loud commotion. Suddenly a man is violently hurled through the front doors and over the hostess's head and a loud vioce below out
"YOU WORTHLESS INGRATE!!! HOW DARE A WORM LIKE YOU TRY TO LEVERAGE YOUR STATUS AS A MEANS TO SCREW ME OUTTA MY HARD WORK!!!!!!!!"
The airborne man quickly crashes to earth on the red carpet that been rolled out from the front door to the street. He rolls servant times before,coming to a stop in a dazed heap.
The owner of the voice quickly reveals himself to be a chef. His tall hat is a skew with a shock of black hair peeaking out from under it. The tips of his hair has started to go gray and the five o clock shadow is salt and peppered. and white unifroms is spotted with various things fro him cooking. The man is built along the lines of a dwarf with him being shorter than average at around 5 foot 8 inches but he makes up for it in how broad across he is, with massive barrel chest and large gut that hangs out under neath it straining his chefs jacket a bit. His face would normally have been pleasant with his round rosy check and face criss crossed with smile lines, but now it is bright red and clouded with rage. He stumps his way down the stairs after the man that was just tossed out. He wave one of his large hands at top his thick arms that are showing due to his rolled up sleeves.
"YOU COME IN HERE, INSULT MY COOKING AND MY STAFF AND THEN EXPECT ME TO,LET,YOU GET AWAY WITH IT !?!?!"
The man scramble up from the ground and darts off into the crowd trying desperately to get away from the enraged cook.
THAT IS RIGHT YOU BETTER RUN YOU YELLOW BELLIED COWARD!!!AND IF I EVERYONE SEE YOU AGAIN I WILL FEED YOU YOUR OWN GUTS IN A KIEANT!!!!!"
The crowd is shocked silent at this display but the chef could not have cared less and he angrily stops his way back up the steps, huffing and puffing the whole way. Ali smiles and calls to him
"Uncle jake I do not think it is a good,idea to, throw customers out like that espically if that are critics."
The man whirls around and sees Ali . The anger drains from his face to be replaced with a smile as he sees Ali.
"Would you look at that" he says as he strides over and embraces her in as bone cracking bear hug.
"It is little Ali. It is good to see you. I a so glad you could make it. As for that maj, he as an ass, so screw him."
"You say that every time. Oh uncle jake I brought a friend. Meet Princess Tynah blackfang of Dyste Royal family."
Jake wheels around and eyes her up and down like he judging a piece of meat.
"I have heard of you. My brother spoke of you before, though I doubt he mentioned me. I am his younger brother Jake O'Conner. So what brings yout here Miss Princess. Surely it can not only be my legendary cooking."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:14 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Tynah already liked the appearance of the place; a lot of places in human society try to go for the most modern look possible, but there was nothing wrong with older styles. Funnily enough, what these people would've considered the 'Old West' she had been alive for, and in fact got to see when she was visiting a foreign land during that time. Either way, she was glad to see that she no longer got the odd stares people used to give her when she visited this land; most people nowadays knew what a Draconid was, and many had seen either her or another one visiting these lands.

She felt a little sorry for the man who tried to grab Ali. Tynah was all too aware of what happened if someone was to grab a Warden like that, especially in her case. She had even trained her personally for a short while; her training regiment was more than even most Draconids could handle, and admittedly she did tone its intensity down, but she handled it like a champ. She was about to praise Ali for her form when she was drained out by the angry yells of the chef.

Tynah for a moment actually thought Jake was a dwarf, but he lacked the beard for it. Either way, it appeared he was passionate about his work, as anyone should be, though admittedly most did not show it by screaming. She figured that this place was popular enough that one angry critic wouldn't cause any loss in customers. When Ali introduced her, she put her hand to her chest and bowed her head, the traditional Dystan greeting. "I do recall hearing about you a few years back, though he did not tell me about this restaurant. If I knew, I would have come ages ago! And you are right, I am here for... a business trip." She wasn't sure how much Jake knew about the Brethren of the Hunt. Either way, she was still technically telling the truth. "Though now that I know about this place, I might have reason to visit more often! Perhaps I might even bring some of my own family. Hopefully you have seating suitable for individuals of... my proportions." Many human places didn't have good accommodations for her kind, which tended to limit visiting Draconids.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:08 am

Jake's
Frontier City

The anger fades from Jakes face finally and his smile returns.
"Nice to hear my brother has not forgotten me. He said quite a lot bout you. Only some of it good."
He looks her up and down again and shakes his head.
"If you do not mind eating in the loading dock I had added out back. This place used to be a old hotel back when this city actually was considered to be on the frontier. I know you kind has magic so why not shrink yourself. As for this place..." Jake smiles broadly " This is the grand opening night for my 5 star restaurant dream. Here I serve traditional and modern Merican cuisine. You will love my famous braised drakon steak. Come on then. Lets go in the back."
Jake stops down the stairs and turns his bulk around and walks around the building, Ali follows him.
"According to tradition, the more important and honored a guest the closer they are to the kitchen."
Jake rounds the building. The back of the building had been completely redone and looked modern. A concrete loading dock sits ready to receive large loads of food from trucks. Jake stumps up a set of stairs next to it and opens the back door. Inside chefs and waiters are moving about hauling food from storage and moving it to the kitchen further inside.
"OIH, set a table for two. We got two very special guests that are hungry." He calls over his shoulder "Oh and yes I know about the Hunt."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Tynah let out a laugh; of course the Colonel was still critical of her at times. "The loading dock will work fine, I suppose. I am capable of shrinking myself or taking a human form, but... I choose not to." It was actually considered somewhat offensive to ask a Draconid to resize themselves, since they did not care for changing for the world. They would rather reshape the world for themselves, as they were capable of temporarily altering the dimensions of places to fit in. But, it was not something she would get worked up over. She was more interested in this steak; while not a total carnivore like kobolds were, she did love some good meat.

Sitting down at the loading dock, Tynah found it quite a nice place. It reminded her of a spot in the castle she had often ate her meals nearby the kitchen, often with her husband and children. "Yes, this shall do quite nicely. I like to have close proximity to the kitchen, makes for the freshest meal." She was quite relieved to learn that Jake knew about the Hunt, "Oh, good, so you are mostly likely aware of what sort of 'business trip' it is. My father advised me to always eat a good meal before fighting monsters, so rather convenient that this is the grand opening! I of course want to try this drakon steak you rave about, along with any other dishes you feel suited to my plate. Your brother must have mentioned my appetite, yes?" It was only natural with their larger bodies that Draconids needed to eat a lot more food. And they always loved to try new things; a long lifespan meant that new experiences were always welcome.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:36 pm

Jake's
Frontier City
Timocratic Republic of Patrick O'Conne

Jake smiles
"Alright them. OIH TABLE FOR TWO ON THE DOCK!!" He bellows into the kitchen. Not a minute later wiaters came bustling out. Two of them were caring a large table, another two a very large and very sturdy chair for Tynah, one carrying two more chairs and another one with a table cloth and place settings. In short order and well set and fancy table is set up for everyone. Jake looks over and nods
"Compentet" He says to the staff and they smile. Jake takes a seat and Ali follows suit, carefully placing the napkin in her lap, and looking like proper lady at the table.
"Yeah my brother told be about your appetite." Jake says smiling with a mischevious glint in his eye that made him resemble his brother "He said you ate like a starving drakon with the manners of an obese pig minus the cleanlyness of the pig." Jake loose and uproarsely loud belly laugh that causes tears to stream from his eyes
"Oh God, my brother ever the diplomat and the asshole!!! I miss him mightly. I miss talking with him and fighting with the bastard. But that is niether here nor there. It is time to EAT!!!" Jake claps his hands and plates re brought out for him and Ali. But for Tynah a whole leg plus the haunch of a drakon was brought out as well as vegetables in the form of asparagus and squash that was slowly baked with the leg.
"Enjoy Madam Princess. The finest fair I have to offer. A freind of my brother and the family is a freind of mine. Please ask and you shall receive." A smile lights up his face as he watchs the princess

Around the front a reporter saw Jake and comapany head for the back. The reporter was blond and pretty thing with a bit too much clevege exposed. She poked her camera man and both of them followed Jake and comapny and watched. When Jake said Princess it all clicked and she gasped
"That is Princess Tynah Blackfang of Dyste and that must be" She says pionting to the Ali "Ali O'Conner daughter of Patrick O'Conner. OOH this is such a scoop." The reporter lady dashed out and leaps on to the dock and rushes the table. Her camera man tries to follow her.
"Hello I am Courtney Courtney of the Center News Network. I am here to cover the opening if the Chef Jake's opening of his restaurant. I must ask Princess Tynah Blackfang what brought you here with the duaghter of Patrick O'Conner no less to the restaurant of Patricks brother? And why did you come here unannoucesed and so secretivily? Last time you visited it was in an airship with your family no less, so why just you?"
She thrusts the microphone at Tynah and looks excitedly for an answer, practically jumping up and down excitedly.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:03 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Some royalty might be offended at O'Conner's remark about their table manners, but Tynah was not your average princess. "GHAHAHA! Well, he knows me too well, it seems. I ate every meal with him when he was recuperating from his healing during his first visit to Dyste, so he got to see me dine first-hand." Talking about the Colonel made her realize how much she missed him, as well. While she had made efforts to keep in touch with Ali during these times, her Aunty Goldy was no substitute for her father. Then again, she was a grown woman, and quite a capable one at that.

Sitting down in the sturdy chair, she was impressed that they had ones for her kind. Perhaps they were prepared in case a Draconid came to visit? A good sign for future visits. When the food arrived, Tynah sniffed in the aroma. "Ahh... now THIS is food. Too many places I have been to make tiny fancy-looking foods, which neither satisfy the mouth or stomach. Give me a hunk of meat any day!" Grabbing the meat, she took a giant bite of it. "Mmmm... this may not be my first time eating drakon, but this is definitely the best I have had!" This definitely convinced her to invite her family to this restaurant in the future. Hopefully they would have enough drakon for several hungry Draconids!

Her enjoyment of the meal was halted by the arrival of a reporter, not something she was unused to, just that in many other nations they would be much too afraid to approach her. That said, hearing her name brought some amusement. "So, Courtney... or should I call you Courtney?" In spite of being slightly annoyed by the interruption, she spoke in a light tone with a smile on her face. "Why, pray tell, can I not just come to visit an old friend and have a nice meal? It is indeed true that I arrived on an airship on more official visits, but I can just teleport here if I want to visit. And for those of you watching, I give Jake's my highest recommendation." Certainly she wanted more information, but she wasn't going to blab about the Hunt to her. "Any more questions, or can I get back to my meal?"
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Jake grunted.
"I know. I has been a year since the guy just disappeared. I wanted him to be here. You know he gave money to open my first restaurant years ago. On the river it was called. Nothing more than a shack on a creek."
Ali sighed nad pecked at here food at the mention of her father.
"You know he was always leaving when I was growing up. Always on a mission or tour, but he always hugged and kissed me before he left. And promised he would return. He did up until the day he retired and taught at the Fortress again."

At this piont the reporter appears and Ali became fairly annoyed. She had inherited her father dislike and distrust of them.
"Excuse me Miss Courtney this is a private event. And If you must know she is vising my family since she is a good friend and she visiting my favorite uncles opening restaurant. Uncle Jake is she here againist your wishes cause if so I can arrest here for trespassing."
Jake shakes his head
"Technically she is invited, but I can univite her if she becomes annoying and then you can arrest here Warden O'Conner"
Courtenys face pales a bit at that but she screws up her courage and Continues talking.
"Princess tynah did you register with the government and go through proper channels and secure permission to come into our nation? Especially given the current administration crack down on illegals and drugs and other crime? And are you here in realtions to the Hunt?"
Ali looks up slightly alaramed now.
"Given the fact that Colonel O'Conner was closely tied with and a close friend of yours, is that a possiblity?"
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Tynah considered what the Colonel meant to her, as well. Before she had met him, she was considered by many to be unsuited for diplomatic missions, but her success here helped her improve her abilities in doing so. And he had taught her to raise wargs and use firearms, as well as introduce her to the Hunt. She did have to wonder whatever happened to him.

While Ali seemed to be getting more annoyed at Courtney times two, Tynah remained smiling, "Well, as I am certain you know, Dyste had been your nation's ally for several decades now. As the princess, I of course have permission to visit your lands. Or do you think that someone as beloved as I would be denied the right to visit your lovely Republic? Surely not!" She had gotten quite used to deal with nuisances like this... at least, she thought, but then this reporter knew about the Hunt. She knew an organization as old as this had to have outsiders learn about it at some point, but someone like this? She had to have to some other source on this. What was that thing her father said to say on this sort of thing... oh yes! "No comment, Miss Courtney. If we are done, we have a meal to eat."
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Courtney opens her mouth read to continue her questioning of Tynah only to stop cold. The cause was a look from Jake O'Conner.
The O'Conner family was known, at least in the local area where most of them live close together in the rural heart land of the state, for many things. One was a certain look that as the men and women of the clan had. It was known locally as the O'Conner glare, but that was not quite accurate. The look conveyed equal parts disdain, annoyance, hatred, competent and a willingness to beat some whole sale ass and win. It made one feel like a cockroach about to be stepped on if it did not run away fast enough only ten times worse. The Look conveyed absolute authority and was universal in both man and beast. Better beings than a reporter had been given the Look and folded.
Courntey gulped and suddenly looked very nervous as Jake continued to give her the Look, while not saying anything. Courtney gulped once more
"Th-thank you....th-that will be all" The reporter and her cameraman, who was sweating profusely, turn and leave quickly.
Courtney mumble
"I will find out what they are up to...the scoop of a lifetime will not get away from me so easily."

Once the two intruders disappeared Jake smiled.
"Well that does take care of that. I know how you Hunters like your secrecy when ever you can have it. I myself do not care much for reporters and such. Always gave the family business a hard time thinking they knew how to farm better than my uncle."
Jake snorts.
"Uncle Charles has chased more than a few away with a shot gun. Now I assume you too are here for the annaul gathering then? It will be happening near here. Not sure where but they have here every year. So what is going to happen this year? Last year was riot from what I here. My brother decided to have some fun and it all went all down hill in specatuclar fashion from there."

Ali looks at her uncle in amazement.
"How do you do it Uncle? The Look I mean. Dad can do it mom can do it grandpa and grandma can do it. Dad's is down right scary. He sent more boys packing with the Look than I can remember. And I struggle to look intimiding at all."
Jake chuckles
"Pat got more practice than anything, what being in the military and all, I bet he uses it everyday. When you are old enough you will figure it out cupcake"
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Tynah was all too willing to 'entertain' the reporters, but it appeared that Jake dealt with the problem in his own way. She had seen this look before, and she found humans to be terrified of it. Sighing, she continued her meal. "Thank you, Jake. I hoped to avoid getting too angry myself; my kind have enough people scared of us that we do not need to make more reason for people to feel justified in that assumption." She had been taught at an early age that Draconids tried to remain calm and collected in most situations for this reason. And royalty like her were meant to be charming and friendly if at all possible. Sometimes it could be so infuriating to her.

When asked about the Hunt, the princess admittedly didn't have all the details herself, "Well, Jake, I do not have all the details on what this meeting shall be about, but apparently there is some location that needs to be investigated, or something like that. But unexpected things always happen, from what I have seen." Now she was regretting missing the last one, "I have another friend in the hunters who told me all about that riot, and said they were glad I was not there. Come now, I could handle myself... unless they were saying I would have made it worse?" She pouted a bit; she might have matured a bit since O'Conner first met her, but some habits die hard.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Jake smiles at Tynah
"It is nothing Tynah. I was glad to get rid of the gadfly that is news reporters. Come on you are not that scary. Any decent Merican would not be scared of you. Well some of the city folk might be scared of you but they are all bit soft to start with. I know that you have lost your temper with my brother."
"Yeah." Says Ali " Dad always pisses everyone at lest once."
"Yep, sounds like him." Grunts Jake "He would annoy me and we would fight all the time. He can find your buttons and smash them mercilessly."
"As for the Hunt" Ali picks up " You better hope we are not needed to invistgate. The only thing I have heard of is the sighting of some sea monsters in the blood sea. I think I heard is was a Kraken or megalodon or seraval of them. That is for the Sea Hunters. Those crazy bastards. I am looking forward to the Uplifting ceremony. I am so excited. Heard rumors that you were going to be promoted to Master of the Hunt. Think about the first forginer and of your kind to sit on the Masters council."
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:09 am

Jake's
Frontier City

"You can say that again," Tynah remarked about the Colonel. At this point, she couldn't even remember what the last time she had gotten angry at him was about, just how much she yelled. Thankfully, afterwards they were fine with one another, sometimes one just needed to vent. "But I am glad people are getting used to my kind around here. Not to mention other nonhumans; Lissah told me about a time she visited, and once they got over the green skin she had a good time." The Orcess had wanted to visit the Timocratic Republic ever since meeting that one soldier during the Colonel's first visit to their lands.

Tynah might have mixed up the meeting's contents, that might've been what the Royal Knights were doing instead. A problem with being part of two different organizations, to be sure. "Oh, so they are finally thinking of doing it, hm? I was wondering when they would consider that; if we have Dystans as part of the Hunt, it only makes sense that one of us sits on the council eventually. I just am a little surprised it turned out to be me, after all. People say I am a talented hunter, but I was worried they were reluctant to have me on the council."
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Jake nods.
"Told you. My brother is an arrogant pig headed bastard of asshole. But the arrogance is earned the rest just comes along with the package."
At this point someone sticks there head out the back door and yells for Jake. He turns and calls out
"I am coming just hold on." Jake turns back to Ali and Tynah "You two finish eating and leave when you are ready. I have to go and see to my restaurant. Tynah If you ever want to feel free to bring the rest of your family. But please call ahead. It takes time to prepare large amount of food of this high a quality. Also we might be able to seat you inside next time."
Jake gets up and lumbers inside the building.
Ali nods and waves her uncle off before turning to back to Tynah.
"Yeah most of the rest are getting promoted cause they met the requirements and and are allowed to advance but a Master of the Hunt. That is different. It take the approval of the Masters Council to elevate one to that rank. And I has been years since someone was elevated. Last one was Arron Smith. I believed you met him on you visit? The ferret faced one that was an extrodinary shot? That was him."

Ali turns and finishes her food.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Tynah for one was already planning her next visit to Jake's, including who of her family specifically she wanted to bring. Her father and husband for certain, possibly her mother as well. Maybe if she could get them to come over, her son Frenze and his wife Sasha. A few of her other children and siblings, if she could. Ah, but that was something to discuss another time. "You have my gratitude, Jake. And if my family does indeed come, well, chances are your efforts will be greatly rewarded!" Her family was a large one, but a extremely wealthy one at that, and not just by virtue of being the Royal Family.

After the chef went back to his work, Tynah worked on finishing her meal, hearing out Ali while doing so. Mostly nodding while taking large bits out of her own meal, she finished off what was on her plate before responding, "Ah yes, him. I was not surprised when he got the nod from them. Granted, I would say my own marksmanship has improved quite a lot over the years, though I still am a bigger fan of melee combat. Either way, if they feel I am finally ready, I will graciously accept!"

After Ali finished, Tynah signified the staff that they were finished, "I am sorry if my... unique stature gave us such an unexpected seating, but I for one enjoy being as close to the kitchen as possible. Either way, thank you for inviting me here, you know how much I love great food." She was in quite a cheerful mood, the reporter being the only splotch on a great day so far.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Ali nods
"Okay then do that magic of yours so we can go back to my home and rest for tomorrow. Well I have a few more things I need to do before I go to bed but they won't take long. Though we do need to be up early for Meet. It is happening in Statesboro at the convetion center there this year. The food is on the house."
Ali looks puzzled.
"Smith is still on the council. We was a Master of the Hunt before you even joined. You met him too is I recall what dad told, right. He opened the door on the chopper I think? Also was with you all on the hunt. He was on Dads Force Recon team as the sniper. The man is a legendary shot. He could shoot out both eyes of a drakon from 500 yards. I call him Uncle Aaron and he taught me the finer points of long range shooting. Now what was surprising was when he was elevated to Grandmaster after dad step down a few years ago. He never expressed any real desire to lead."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

Tynah felt a bit silly about her mistake, part of the problem with living so long is that certain details often got muddled. "Right, right, him. My apologies, I suppose I must really attend more council meetings if I am to be promoted and all. But oftentimes the people reluctant to lead are the best choices to do so." Granted, she knew this was not entirely the case regarding her own father, but she was thinking more of Kel Darkfire, her commander in the Royal Knights, who had to step down from the Black Fangs in order to take that position.

After settling everything at the restaurant, Tynah took Ali back to the side street where they first arrived, "I know we could have just done it back there, but I did not want to startle the workers; teleportation is still a new concept to most people here." It seemed the princess was learning one of the basic rules of magic: do not just throw around spells near people who didn't understand it well. "You need not worry about me sleeping in, I am not my husband, and I have learned my lesson about drinking too much before an important day." She casted the spell when they were in the clear, taking them back to the farm.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Jake's
Frontier City

"Yeah that is true. Dad retired a Colonel. He refused to be a general." Ali says before getting up and following Tynah to the same alleyway they arrived in. And from there they teleport home.

Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Ali hits the ground with both feet and steady herself. She does not look green this time and seems to be comping well.
"All right Tynah. Follow me." Ali lead the big draconid around back to reveal several large out buildings and shed. She walks over to the closest one oand opens to reveal that it has been made up for a something in tynah size.
"Here you go. A bed to sleep in that is your size. Sorry about the building though. It was an old warg kennel. Well good night. See you tomorrow."
And with that Ali turns and walks inside the two story ranch house that was the built on the ancestral home to the O'Conner clan. Ali enters the kitchen and looks around. Suddenly memories of her child hood and growing up flash before her. Dad, mom, her brother and whole family. Ali shakes herself and walks over to the mantle piece, under it a empty and cold fireplace. On the mantle pictures of her family, including one of her father teaching her how to ride a warg, both of them smiling and laughing.. Ali smiles reaches out a touches it. A splash of liquid hits her arm and she is startled. Ali realizes it is a tear.
"Dad were are you? What are you doing? Please just....just come home dad. I miss you."
Ali turns and head up stirs to her room she changes into her night clothes. Before getting into bed she grabs an old well thumbed book . The title is Legends of the West. She takes it and sits down on her bed and starts to read it. She soon falls asleep. The book slips from here hands and falls tot he floor. It remains open to a page with a picture of a tall man with strong features and a very bush mustache. He is broad shoulder and long armed and is wearing a neat gray suit. The name Charles Epps is above the picture in large red letters.
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

When they got back, Tynah seemed not to be fazed at all by the teleportation; understandable, as she had been using such methods of travel since she was an infant, when her mother used it to take her from the castle, still in construction at the time, to Valitora, or to Fort Calberona to see her father when he was working with his fellow adventurers.

While Draconids were fine with sleeping on the ground if need be - their thick scales made it less uncomfortable than for a softer human body - she did appreciate the efforts Ali took took to get her a proper bed, even if it was in a kennel. "Thank you for the lovely bed, Ali. Have a good evening." She lied on the bed, remembering how spoiled she was in her early years; the younger her would've complained and probably thrown a tantrum over these accommodations, but she certainly had grown since then.

While Ali was thinking of her father, Tynah was remembering about a group of adventurers his father had hired around the time of her birth. Granted, she couldn't directly remember anything about those years - she was only one year old, after all - but she did feel they have some impact on her, alongside the king and his own team. They were the reason she learned to fight and take part in defending her country, and in a way were responsible for her being here now as much as the Colonel was. After all, were she a more 'proper' royal, she would hardly be interested in weapons and fighting monsters.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:56 pm

Brooklet
The Timocratic Republic

The morning came quickly with it wakefulness. The sun had barely risen and Ali was already out of bed preparing breakfast for herself and her guest. Ali had always been a morning person much to her father dismay and annoyance over the years. Soon she was dressed and ready and carrying a rather plate of food walked outside to Tynah.
Ali found the massive draconid sprawled across the bed still asleep and snoring very very loudly.
"Aunty Tynah it is time to get up."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Brooklet
The Timocratic Republic

Tynah usually was pretty good about getting up early, but on off-duty days she generally liked to sleep in her her husband. As she usually got up earlier than Axi-aru, she was never aware of how much she snored, a fact that had always annoyed her subordinates when she had to sleep in Fort Gradvius or the field.

After Ali came in, she didn't immediately seem to react, but a few seconds later, she came to, "Mm, that smells good..." sitting up, the princess rubbed her eyes and smiled, "Ah, so nice of you to bring me a lovely meal." Taking the plate, she began to chow down, it seeming evident to her that Ali was trying to make sure she was prepared so they could get going as soon as possible. "Funny that I rarely get breakfast in bed as a princess but I do as a Hunter, hm? Regardless, you said we have to get to that place in Stateboro early? Well, you are aware of the hammer by this point; if you want me to teleport us there, I need a good sense of where to arrive. Do you have anything for me to use?"
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Brooklet
The Timocratic Republic

Ali giggles at Tynah statement about breakfast.
"Then maybe you should visit more often, if you like being treated so well."
Alim emits a sqeak "I forgot the the stuff" then she runs back inside to grab the tickets and photos and soon she comes back.
"I got it now. Tickets to get inside and pictures of the place. It is the Statesboro Superplex and Convention Center."
Ali hands Tynah the photos of the massive multibuilding complex located in the city. The main picture shows the front entrance as it rises in a graceful arch with the front of the wide building covered in glass revealing a carpeted and white interior with a wall stretching the entire front behind the glass with multiple double doors along the wall.
IATA Member

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents