NATION

PASSWORD

Wiki-Factbook guide expansion- SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS WANTED

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Wiki-Factbook guide expansion- SUGGESTIONS/QUESTIONS WANTED

Postby Ponderosa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm back, bitches!

And I'd like your help! I'm thinking I ought to expand the Wiki-Style guide, to answer some of the most frequently asked questions, like:

How do you make orthographics?

How do you use different fonts?

I didn't read the guide, why is my factbook all fucked up?

And etc. If you have any suggestions on what to add, please let me know. Also, if there's anything problematic or missing from my template, I want to know about that as well.

I'd also like to add other threads to my useful threads - especially other templates! Lots of people have made alternative wiki templates, or wiki templates for things like people or military. Since I have the platform of having a stickied thread and a popular guide, I'd like to make it easier for people to find the template that they need.

So I will be promoting more guides and templates on the page beneath mine. Unfortunately, I am too much of a lazy laze to find them myself. So if you know of an especially helpful guide or template, please leave a comment below, or mail them to me. I am most likely to promote posts with a great deal of work and organization put into them, and especially those that are not self promotion. That is not to say I will categorically reject work submitted for consideration my the creator. I just think that if it's a really good template, it will be reflected in the fact that other people like it.

So please submit questions and suggestions! I look forward to hearing from you!
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Great Kauthar
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Kauthar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:01 pm

I think you should add templates for stuff like this (http://www.nationstates.net/nation=opgevaar/detail=factbook/id=654539)
just the bit at the top with links and the picture
"Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need." - Ephesians 4:28 (ESV)
Christian Social Democrat
I am: "A monument to [the RWDT's] collective sins."

Europe and Oceania
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Europe and Oceania » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Ponderosa wrote:I'm back, bitches!
(Image)

And I'd like your help! I'm thinking I ought to expand the Wiki-Style guide, to answer some of the most frequently asked questions, like:

How do you make orthographics?

How do you use different fonts?

I didn't read the guide, why is my factbook all fucked up?

And etc. If you have any suggestions on what to add, please let me know. Also, if there's anything problematic or missing from my template, I want to know about that as well.

I'd also like to add other threads to my useful threads - especially other templates! Lots of people have made alternative wiki templates, or wiki templates for things like people or military. Since I have the platform of having a stickied thread and a popular guide, I'd like to make it easier for people to find the template that they need.

So I will be promoting more guides and templates on the page beneath mine. Unfortunately, I am too much of a lazy laze to find them myself. So if you know of an especially helpful guide or template, please leave a comment below, or mail them to me. I am most likely to promote posts with a great deal of work and organization put into them, and especially those that are not self promotion. That is not to say I will categorically reject work submitted for consideration my the creator. I just think that if it's a really good template, it will be reflected in the fact that other people like it.

So please submit questions and suggestions! I look forward to hearing from you!

I'm glad you're back. You CTE'd for a little.
"For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either" --Blaise Pascal

"The Republican Party is not even a party anymore, it's just a group of Christian Fundamentalists and representatives for Corporate America."
--Kyle Kulinski, Host of Secular Talk

WA Delegate and Founder of New Utopian World

Yuno10
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuno10 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Well whenever I see those massive fact books on other nations I get super confused at how they manage to invent all that lore. I can't imagine where to start.

Raiding is so much easier...

Europe and Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Europe and Oceania » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Yuno10 wrote:Well whenever I see those massive fact books on other nations I get super confused at how they manage to invent all that lore. I can't imagine where to start.

Why not do both? What you should do is copy and paste Ponderosa's guide to a Wiki-Styled factbook, fill in the
information and take it from there. That's how I started. You'll start to add stuff to your overview factbook slowly.

copy/paste this template and fill in the information.
Code: Select all
[floatright][box][center][b]The PRETITLE of NATION[/b]
[hr]

INSERT FLAG HERE
[b]Flag[/b]
[hr]

[b]Motto: [/b]
[hr]

NSERT SMALL MAP OR ORTHOGRAPHIC
[b]Location[/b]
[hr][/center]

[b]Population:[/b]
[b]-Density:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Capital:[/b]
[b]Largest City:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Official Language:[/b]
[hr]
[b]National Language:[/b]
[hr]
[b]Demonym:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Government:[/b]
- President:
- Vice President:
- Speaker of the House:
- Chief Justice:
[hr]

[b]Legislature[/b]:
- Upper House:
-Lower House:
[hr]

[b]Establishment:[/b] from (INSERT OTHER NATION)
Independence: INSERT FOUNDING DATE
[hr]

[b]Land Area:[/b] mile²
                          km²
Water Area: km²
Water %:
[hr]

[b]Elevation[/b]
Highest Point:
Lowest Point:
[hr]

[b]GDP (nominal):[/b]
[b]GDP (nominal) per capita:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Human Development Index (NS Version):[/b]
[hr]

[b]Currency:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Time Zone:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Drives on the:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Calling code:[/b]
[hr]

[b]Internet TLD:[/b]

[/box][/floatright]
[size=200][b]NATION NAME[/size][/b]
[hr]

The PRETITLE of NATION commonly called NATION, is a GOVERNMENT TYPE in LOCATION. It is bordered on the north by OTHER-NATION, on the south by OTHER-NATION, by the east by OTHER-NATION and on the west by OTHER-NATION. NATION covers LAND AREA square kilometers and has has an estimated population of POPULATION. NATION comprises of NUMBER SUBDIVISIONS and NUMBER TERRITORIES.

DESCRIPTION OF YOUR NATION’S ROLE IN THE WORLD

[floatleft][box][center]Contents[/center]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Ety]1 Etymology[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hist]2 History[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Geo]3 Geography[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Demo]4 Demographics[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Pop]4.1 Population[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Lan]4.2 Language[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Reli]4.3 Race[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#City]4.4 Largest Cities[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Govt]5 Government[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#FRM]5.1 Foreign Relations and Military[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Econ]6 Economy[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cult]7 Culture[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Infra]8 Infrastructure[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Energy]8.1 Energy[/url]
[/box][/floatleft]

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Ety]Etymology[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

DESCRIBE ORIGIN OF NATION NAME

The standard way to refer to a citizen of NATION is as a "DEMONYM."

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Hist]History[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

DESCRIBE HISTORY

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Geo]Geography[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

DESCRIBE GEOGRAPHY

DESCRIBE CLIMATE

DESCRIBE ENVIRONMENT

INSERT MAP

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Demo]Demographics[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

[b][u][anchor=Pop]Population[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE POPULATION

[u][b][anchor=Lan]Language[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE LANGUAGE

[u][b][anchor=Reli]Religion[/anchor][/b][/u]

DESCRIBE RELIGION

[u][b][anchor=Race]Race[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE RACE

[u][b][anchor=City]Largest Cities[/anchor][/b][/u]
[table][tr][td]Rank[/td][td]City[/td][td]Metro area population[/td][td]State[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1[/td][td]CITY#1[/td][td]CITY1POPULATION[/td][td]CITY1STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2[/td][td]CITY2[/td][td]CITY2POPULATION[/td][td]CITY2STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3[/td][td]CITY3[/td][td]CITY3POPULATION[/td][td]CITY3STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4[/td][td]CITY4[/td][td]CITY4POPULATION[/td][td]CITY4STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5[/td][td]CITY5[/td][td]CITY5POPULATION[/td][td]CITY5STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]6[/td][td]CITY6[/td][td]CITY6POPULATION[/td][td]CITY6STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]7[/td][td]CITY7[/td][td]CITY7POPULATION[/td][td]CITY7STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8[/td][td]CITY8[/td][td]CITY8POPULATION[/td][td]CITY8STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9[/td][td]CITY9[/td][td]CITY9POPULATION[/td][td]CITY9STATE[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]10[/td][td]CITY10[/td][td]CITY10POPULATION[/td][td]CITY10STATE[/td][/tr][/table]

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Govt]Government[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

DESCRIBE GOVERNMENT

[b][u][anchor=FRM]Foreign Relations and Military[/anchor][/b][/u]

DESCRIBE DIPLOMACY

DESCRIBE MILITARY

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Econ]Economy[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

[floatright][box]
[center][b][u]Economic Indicators[/b][/u][/center]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Currency:[/b]
[b]Fiscal Year:[/b]
[hr]
[b]GDP (nominal):[/b]
[b]GDP (nominal) per capita:[/b]
[b]Labor Force:[/b]
[b]Unemployment:[/b]
[/floatright][/box]

DESCRIBE ECONOMY

[size=150][b][u][anchor=Cult]Culture[/anchor][/size][/b][/u]

DESCRIBE CULTURE

[size=150][b][u][anchor=Infra]Infrastructure[/anchor][/size][/b][/u]

DESCRIBE INFRASTRUCTURE

[b][u][anchor=Energy]Energy[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE ENERGY

Template by [nation=Ponderosa]
Template may be found [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256878]here[/url].
[/quote]
"For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either" --Blaise Pascal

"The Republican Party is not even a party anymore, it's just a group of Christian Fundamentalists and representatives for Corporate America."

Ivelboria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ivelboria » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:I think you should add templates for stuff like this (http://www.nationstates.net/nation=opgevaar/detail=factbook/id=654539)

I already have that for my wiki factbook!

Although I got way too far and decided to do more stuff like 'Ivelboria in Language' and 'Ivelboria's Other's' and where the wiki is in, 'Ivelboria'...
The Neviersian Federation ✩ De Fédération Neviersien
In Neviersia, your hard-earned tax money funds countryball art, endless paperwork, "free" healthcare and gawd-awful humour. Even the countryballs need therapy. What's not to love?
GOV.NE | About Neviersia | Wikipedia | Politics | States & Territories | Cities
- Born and bred in good ol' Yorkshire.
- I know my nation is called Ivelboria but I was too lazy to make a new nation. :P
- Chronic workaholic who keeps making factbooks...
- NS stats not used.
- The stars on my flag can spin either way.. :P
Economic: 0.63 (2016), 1.0 (2019), -0.63 (2021), -1.88 (2022)
Social: 0.97 (2016), -2.97 (2019), -3.28 (2021), -0.72 (2022)

1/5/21: Started using the GIF flag. For 3/4 years before that I used this one.

Spoilerception? Here's how!

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 am

Ponderosa wrote:I'm back, bitches!
(Image)

*note-taking intensifies*

Welcome back!

Europe and Oceania wrote:
Yuno10 wrote:Well whenever I see those massive fact books on other nations I get super confused at how they manage to invent all that lore. I can't imagine where to start.

Why not do both? What you should do is copy and paste Ponderosa's guide to a Wiki-Styled factbook, fill in the
information and take it from there. That's how I started. You'll start to add stuff to your overview factbook slowly.

It does serve as a good prompt, but there's only so much one can think of by reading the word "history" and then trying to come up with, in some cases, centuries of fiction. I like to take inspiration from other nations, and real life examples, rather than writing straight from my head.
Founder of Levilion and Administrator of Aeia

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:22 am

Hey Ponderosa, what do you think about the template in my sig?
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Orberstine
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Orberstine » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Have you ever played around with this programme? It's not orthodox by any means but I had much more fun making my map. It can be be just as needlessly complicated as I wish, although I was lazy with this one as it's bound to change with time and regional rps.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Make America Great Britain Again
"Most of us can, as we choose, make of this world either a palace or a prison."
- John Lubbock
Dear Future Generations
Political Compass
My factbook (active wip)
Formerly known as Saint Kitten

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Orberstine wrote:Have you ever played around with this programme? It's not orthodox by any means but I had much more fun making my map. It can be be just as needlessly complicated as I wish, although I was lazy with this one as it's bound to change with time and regional rps.

I've always took blank maps and edited them with Microsoft Paint. I personally find online map editors to be more complicated, less versatile and less secure. But that's just me.
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:51 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:Hey Ponderosa, what do you think about the template in my sig?

I'm not sure... want to describe it a little? I don't know what I'm looking for there. :/

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Great Kauthar wrote:I think you should add templates for stuff like this (http://www.nationstates.net/nation=opgevaar/detail=factbook/id=654539)

Sure! Not exactly wiki-style, but it can definitely go in the footnotes.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:47 am

Ponderosa wrote:
Todlichebujoku wrote:Hey Ponderosa, what do you think about the template in my sig?

I'm not sure... want to describe it a little? I don't know what I'm looking for there. :/

It's basically yours, with some changes:

1. Fonts reflect Wikipedia fonts (section titles vs subheadings vs body text)
2. Largest cities chart (evidently you added that in 2015)
3. Image box templates (one on the left and one on the right)
4. Subheadings tabbed in contents box

It's really mainly an aesthetically different version of yours, one that is closer to Wikipedia's design.
My nation's factbook is the closest to Wikipedia's in terms of design, but there are some weird workarounds that may not work or may be confusing to other people, so I left them out of the template.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Europe and Oceania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Europe and Oceania » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:03 am

Tyrnica wrote:
Europe and Oceania wrote:

It does serve as a good prompt, but there's only so much one can think of by reading the word "history" and then trying to come up with, in some cases, centuries of fiction. I like to take inspiration from other nations, and real life examples, rather than writing straight from my head.

That's true but it might give them some incentive and motivation to start thinking.
Last edited by Europe and Oceania on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Locuterris
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Locuterris » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:07 am

I think the style with page links at t ;) he top is good.
'In the people we trust'
Proud Member of The Western Isles
The Kingdom of Locuterris

Realm of Councilry
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Councilry » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:25 am

Yay! You are back! I think you should add more types of demographics (Literacy, Marrige, ect.) and how to make maps. I also recommend adding how to plan out your nations history.
Proud Member of Rossferry
Previous Secretary of Recruitment in The Western Isles
RP nation is 河的父亲
You may also know me as Prioca (CTE'd)

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:32 am

Realm of Councilry wrote:Yay! You are back! I think you should add more types of demographics (Literacy, Marrige, ect.) and how to make maps. I also recommend adding how to plan out your nations history.

I added some stuff on the body section, since that's often what people want help with. Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, if anyone sees one of those factbooks that's practically just giant military pictures, PM me. I want a screenshot to illustrate my point.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 am

I wonder if I should make a separate guide to using MS Paint. Would anyone be interested in that?

If there already is a guide out there on making maps and flags, that would also be cool.

Realm of Councilry
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Realm of Councilry » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Ponderosa wrote:I wonder if I should make a separate guide to using MS Paint. Would anyone be interested in that?

If there already is a guide out there on making maps and flags, that would also be cool.

I use photoshop, but use GIMP sometimes as well, but MS Paint seems to be the most popular one, and they really aren't that different, so yes, I believe that would be a good idea.

I have not heard about a guide about either of those on the forums, but I know there are some other ones on random websites.
Ponderosa wrote:
Realm of Councilry wrote:Yay! You are back! I think you should add more types of demographics (Literacy, Marrige, ect.) and how to make maps. I also recommend adding how to plan out your nations history.

I added some stuff on the body section, since that's often what people want help with. Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, if anyone sees one of those factbooks that's practically just giant military pictures, PM me. I want a screenshot to illustrate my point.

Great! No problem!

Like Miklania's?
Proud Member of Rossferry
Previous Secretary of Recruitment in The Western Isles
RP nation is 河的父亲
You may also know me as Prioca (CTE'd)

Alistan
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alistan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:30 am

How do I do political parties?
Path to Harmony—For a more peaceful tomorrow

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

Your futurologist and transhumanist

Bearstin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:40 am

Any suggestions on what to put in wiki styled factbook about a Region? I just need suggestions for the sidebar
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES
This is Bearstin, remember to always tie your shoes backwards!

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." -Qui-Gon Jinn

De Fleuves
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby De Fleuves » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:52 pm

:eyebrow:
Woah, I just checked that out and it looks like a modified version of my factbook which I posted a while ago on some thread here. Which is pretty cool seeing my stuff being used like that. If you want, I posted the template for that layout in this pastbin

To do what you showed, simply use my template posted about and add on to it Ponderosa's own wiki style template
Human, not Humane

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Is their a template for a war wiki?
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Ivelboria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ivelboria » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:52 am

Hatay wrote:Is their a template for a war wiki?

Use the wikipedia for war wikis
The Neviersian Federation ✩ De Fédération Neviersien
In Neviersia, your hard-earned tax money funds countryball art, endless paperwork, "free" healthcare and gawd-awful humour. Even the countryballs need therapy. What's not to love?
GOV.NE | About Neviersia | Wikipedia | Politics | States & Territories | Cities
- Born and bred in good ol' Yorkshire.
- I know my nation is called Ivelboria but I was too lazy to make a new nation. :P
- Chronic workaholic who keeps making factbooks...
- NS stats not used.
- The stars on my flag can spin either way.. :P
Economic: 0.63 (2016), 1.0 (2019), -0.63 (2021), -1.88 (2022)
Social: 0.97 (2016), -2.97 (2019), -3.28 (2021), -0.72 (2022)

1/5/21: Started using the GIF flag. For 3/4 years before that I used this one.

Spoilerception? Here's how!

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Founded: May 01, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:55 am

I'd suggest for a Future Tech RP related infobox.
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information