NATION

PASSWORD

Need help writing a constitution.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Praetorianus
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Need help writing a constitution.

Postby Praetorianus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm having sort of a struggle writing a constitution for the Praetorii parliament. Can someone help me write one, or at least show me what parts I need to make a complete and professional one?
"You cannot have a hardassed nation if you are not strict. You cannot have a strong nation if you are not strong. You cannot have a conservative nation if you're not conservative. You cannot have a God-fearing nation if you're not God-fearing. The people look to their leader as they look to their fathers and mothers. They learn from them. Give them your finest example."
PONTIUS the ILL-TEMPERED, 1924

Prae is PRO: Fascist, Imperialist, Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Atheophobic, Hitler, Trump, Mussolini, Rome, Greece, Medieval-Classical Society.
Prae is CON: Communist, ISIS, LGBT, Non-Abraham Religions, Soviet, Darwin, Marx, Evolution, Feminism, SJW, Lenin to Gorbachev, Modern Society.
PRAE.ANTAR. ̲̅☀̲̅☨̲̅☠̲̅▽̲̅ I.P.A.N.B.E.

Pherdistan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pherdistan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:43 pm

I can't write a more detailed post right now, but below is the link to a database with just about every national constitution there is.

My suggestion would be figure out what country you're basing your government off of, then use that country's constitution as a template for your own.

The Constitute Project

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Ah, thanks. :hug:
I don't want it to be too US based (in terms of ideologies, government, etc.), so I'll check it out.
Much thanks.
If your nation wasn't Muslim--a group of people Praetorii hate--I would've gladly made Pherdistan an ally.
"You cannot have a hardassed nation if you are not strict. You cannot have a strong nation if you are not strong. You cannot have a conservative nation if you're not conservative. You cannot have a God-fearing nation if you're not God-fearing. The people look to their leader as they look to their fathers and mothers. They learn from them. Give them your finest example."

Prae is PRO: Fascist, Imperialist, Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Atheophobic, Hitler, Trump, Mussolini, Rome, Greece, Medieval-Classical Society.
Prae is CON: Communist, ISIS, LGBT, Non-Abraham Religions, Soviet, Darwin, Marx, Evolution, Feminism, SJW, Lenin to Gorbachev, Modern Society.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Praetorianus wrote:Ah, thanks. :hug:
I don't want it to be too US based (in terms of ideologies, government, etc.), so I'll check it out.
Much thanks.
If your nation wasn't Muslim--a group of people Praetorii hate--I would've gladly made Pherdistan an ally.

I can offer some help, if you want. I've helped drafting NS constitutions before.
IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:20 pm

If you're a woman....
I would like to give you a kiss of gratitude for your help
...if only I could do so through the screen.
:hug: :kiss:

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Praetorianus wrote:If you're a woman....

So, if I were not a woman, I don't deserve your gratitude? ;)
IC Title: the Republic of China | MT | Factbooks | the only democratic China on NS
The duty of the state is to prevent danger, not to punish it after it has happened. Rescind the 2nd Amendment, today.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Chinese Peoples wrote:
Praetorianus wrote:If you're a woman....

So, if I were not a woman, I don't deserve your gratitude? ;)

Just some dab bruh. And a secret handshake. 8)

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Praetorianus wrote:
Chinese Peoples wrote:So, if I were not a woman, I don't deserve your gratitude? ;)

Just some dab bruh. And a secret handshake. 8)

That's more like it. :)

The word 'sexist' does not start to encompass what you could have said there.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:45 pm

It's just a sexual preference. I believe man and woman--even in between--has the right for appropriate, substantial, and proper treatment--physical, mental, and emotional.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:55 pm

Praetorianus wrote:It's just a sexual preference. I believe man and woman--even in between--has the right for appropriate, substantial, and proper treatment--physical, mental, and emotional.

How does your sexual preference even come into writing a constitution?

Tell me what you want your nation to look like, and whether your government intends to follow its constitution or not. I'll whip up something for you within a few days. You mentioned that you don't want it to look too much like the American constitution, so I assume you mean you want it somewhat alike but not too similar.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:13 pm

How does your sexual preference even come into writing a constitution?
Um....nevermind about the sexual preference.
Tell me what you want your nation to look like, and whether your government intends to follow its constitution or not.
Technically it's Coruscant, Naboo, Rome, Greece, Florence, the Vatican, Byzantium, and Venice mashed together. Set in an icy landscape (Antarctica). If you can imagine that. And like good people, the government, and the people outside the government, always follow the Constitution.
I'll whip up something for you within a few days. You mentioned that you don't want it to look too much like the American constitution, so I assume you mean you want it somewhat alike but not too similar.
Yes. Exactly. You know me so well. :blush:

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Article 1 Praetorianus shall be a unitary empire consisting of [territories].
Article 2 The territories of the Empire shall not be surrendered nor any territory annexed into the Empire without the assent of the people of the Empire.
Article 3 No citizen of the Empire shall be deprived of citizenship, except in accordance with primary legislation.
Article 4 The capital city of the Empire shall be designated as [city].

Rights and Duties
Article 5 Citizens of the Empire shall have freedom of conscience, speech, secret correspondence, and movement within, into, and from the Empire, within the limits established by primary legislation.
Article 6 Citizens of the Empire shall have the right to life, bodily integrity, property, and privacy, within limits established by primary legislation.
Article 7 Citizens of the Empire shall have the right to a fair and speedy trial by an impartial tribunal, according to rules and procedures established by primary legislation.
Article 8 Citizens of the Empire shall have the right petition government agencies for a redress of grievances as primary legislation provides.
Article 9 Citizens of the Empire shall have the right to qualify for civil and military service as primary legislation provides.
Article 10 Citizens of the Empire, above 20 years of age, shall have the right to vote, and above 23 years, the right to be elected to public office, in all elections not otherwise limited by primary legislation.
Article 11 Legislation shall not be enacted to restrict the aforementioned rights and freedoms, except for the realization of the common good or in aversion of an imminent and severe threat to the security of the Empire.
Article 12 All other freedoms and ancient rights of citizens shall be deemed preserved under this Constitution, and shall not be limited except as appearing in the foregoing article.
Article 13 Within practicality, all freedoms and rights, except political rights, shall apply to aliens within the territories of the Empire.
Article 14 Citizens shall have the duty of abiding by legislation enacted according to the regulations appearing under this constitution.
Article 15 Citizens shall have the duty of remitting taxation and other services according to primary legislation.

The Emperor
Article 16 The Emperor shall be the sovereign head of state of the Empire; the sovereign power of the Emperor shall be exercised according to this Constitution.
Article 17 The Emperor shall continue in his position until the termination of his natural life or his abdication, and shall not be deposed, except when he is declared to be of unsound mind; succession to the position of Emperor shall be determined by primary legislation; in the absence thereof, it shall be by the established rules and customs of the Empire.
Article 18 The Emperor shall send and receive all embassies to and from foreign sovereigns and governments.
Article 19 The Emperor shall promulgate primary legislation and issue secondary legislation according to primary legislation; no legislation shall be promulgated without the countersignature of the Chancellor and the responsible Minister under him.
Article 20 The Emperor shall appoint the Chancellor; the Emperor shall appoint Ministers upon the advice of the Chancellor; the Emperor shall appoint all officers civil and military, with the countersignature of the Chancellor and the Minister who will be the superior of the officer to be appointed.
Article 21 The Emperor shall open and prorogue the Imperial Parliament upon the advice of the Chancellor.
Article 22 The Emperor shall issue writs for the election of members of the House of Representatives and appoint members of the Senate upon the advice of the Chancellor.
Article 23 The Emperor shall have power to declare amnesties, issue pardons and commutations, and restore political rights to convicted criminals.
Article 24 The Emperor shall be the commander-in-chief of all armed forces and possess the power to issue orders to all members of armed forces, within regulation as stipulated by primary legislation.
Article 25 The Emperor shall declare war, conclude peace, and ratify treaties, upon the advice of the Chancellor and according to regulations further appearing in this constitution.
Article 26 The Emperor shall confer peerages, grant knighthoods, and other honours upon the advice of the Chancellor.
Article 27 Should the Emperor be incapacitated for any duration of time, the heir designate of the Emperor shall conduct the office upon the Emperor’s behalf.
Article 28 Should there be no legal successor to a deceased Emperor, the College of Peers shall elect an Emperor, and succession shall thence continue according to the terms of the constitution.
Article 29 The Emperor shall be entitled to the style of Imperial Majesty; the titles and styles of peers and other persons shall be regulated by primary legislation.

College of Peers
Article 30 The College of Peers shall consist of all peers over the age of thirty.
Article 31 The College of Peers shall have power to declare the Emperor to be unsound mind, to elect members amongst their own number to the Senate, and to elect an Emperor should the reigning Emperor is demised without a legal successor.
Article 32 The College of Peers shall not exercise any of the powers above except by consensus.
Article 33 The College of Peers shall adjourn before the Emperor from time to time or at the Emperor’s command.

Executive
Article 34 Executive power shall be vested in the Emperor, one Chancellor and several Ministers, and in all such officer subordinate to them.
Article 35 The Chancellor and several Ministers shall serve at the Emperor’s pleasure and during the confidence of the Imperial Parliament.
Article 36 The Chancellor shall give information regarding the state of the Empire to the Imperial Parliament, upon the request of any member of the Imperial Parliament.
Article 37 Should the Chancellor be incapacitated, the several Ministers shall elect one amongst their number to act on the Chancellor’s behalf during his incapacity.
Article 38 The Chancellor or the Chancellor and Minister or Ministers shall have power to advise the Emperor to issue secondary legislation, either for the more effectual or orderly implementation of primary legislation, or based on the requirement of primary legislation.

Legislative
Article 39 Legislative power shall be vested in one Imperial Parliament, which shall consist of the Emperor, a higher house by the style of the Senate, and the other the House of Representatives.
Article 40 The Senate shall consist of members appointed by the Emperor to the term of their lives and such peers elected amongst themselves.
Article 41 No person who shall not have exceeded forty years of age shall be appointed or elected a member of the Senate.
Article 42 The House of Representatives shall consist of members elected by citizens, according to primary legislation.
Article 43 The Emperor shall issue writs for the election of members of the House of Representatives no later than one year after the most recent dissolution of the Imperial Parliament.
Article 44 The Emperor shall dissolve the Imperial Parliament no later than three years after the most recent election of the members of the House of Representatives after a dissolution thereof.
Article 45 The Emperor shall open the Imperial Parliament no less frequently than once each calendar year.
Article 46 After a bill shall have been passed by both houses of the Imperial Parliament, it shall be presented to the Emperor.
Article 47 The Emperor shall regularly attend the Senate, in which the President of the Senate shall pronounce the grant of his assent or the withholding of his assent, according to his instructions; if the Emperor shall give no instruction or fail to attend the Senate within four days of presentment of legislation, the President of the Senate shall pronounce the Emperor’s assent to such legislation.

Judicial
Article 48 Judicial power shall be vested in the Emperor, the Senate, and such courts as created by primary legislation.
Article 49 The Emperor shall appoint judges according to criteria set forth by primary legislation; such judges shall exercise their power independently and in the name of the Emperor.
Article 50 In all public proceedings where the Emperor shall be party, the Attorney General and his subordinates shall act on his behalf, according to primary legislation.

Other Provisions
Article 51 The Emperor shall have power to acquire possessions beyond the territories of the Empire; the powers of the Emperor within those territories shall be regulated according to primary legislation passed within the Empire.
Article 52 The Emperor shall not violate the legislation which he shall have enacted and promulgated.
Article 53 The Imperial Parliament shall have power to amend this constitution upon the concurrence of two-thirds of its members.

This is a preliminary draft. Let me know if I'm in the right direction.

Since you like the USA, I assume that you want a constitutional monarchy with the Emperor at its head. But since you also mentioned various ancient states, I also assume that you want a touch of the Byzantine (pun intended!), quirky characteristics of ancient states.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Does this express my overwhelmed appreciation for this creation and your effort enough? :lol:
Yes, actually, with references from those eras. You tied them all in perfectly. But, Prae is also a theocratic, imperial, capitalist, Republican, aristocratic, Christian, fascist/national-socialist (i'm not), right wing nation, and not just constitutional monarchical, so if you can add those changes in the final draft, please? Also, not to drive you crazy--and I don't want you to feel like you're in English class again--but maybe we should do those points in paragraphs? Three paragraphs for each topic, if necessary, and I'll help you?
(TFW you're asking for too much... :oops: )

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Praetorianus wrote:Does this express my overwhelmed appreciation for this creation and your effort enough? :lol:
(Image)
Yes, actually, with references from those eras. You tied them all in perfectly. But, Prae is also a theocratic, imperial, capitalist, Republican, aristocratic, Christian, fascist/national-socialist (i'm not), right wing nation, and not just constitutional monarchical, so if you can add those changes in the final draft, please? Also, not to drive you crazy--and I don't want you to feel like you're in English class again--but maybe we should do those points in paragraphs? Three paragraphs for each topic, if necessary, and I'll help you?
(TFW you're asking for too much... :oops: )

I'm not sure if you actually want those to be written into the constitution... most countries that espouse those values don't want a written constitution at all, which of all things naturally limits the power of a leader, especially in a national socialist state. You can achieve all those objectives with this system.

I'll try to put some of those things in.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:19 pm

That's why I kindly wanted to volunteer to help. After all, it's not really reasonable to have someone do a certain 'assignment', per se, and not give them any assistance at all, right? So, let me help. Let me know what you think is unprofessional Constitution writing. Help me help you. Things like that. I will save this in my friend's Google Docs/Drive with your name/signature, edit it a little--only what you want me to edit. :)

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:55 pm

For starters, it's important to know what sort of political structure you envision for your nation. Do you want a typical Republic cum representative democracy? A socialist state like the Soviet Union? A federal/confederal entity such as the Bundesrepublik or the United States? A monarchy? A theocracy?

What type of government structure do you want to have? An autocracy? A single-party state? A parliamentary system? A presidential system? A semi-presidential system? A monarchy? Absolute or constitutional monarchy? What is the structure of your legislature? How are laws made and passed? Who is your Head of Government? Do you have a Head of State who is separate from the government (sort of like the Queen and the UK government) or are the roles fused? Which position holds greater political power and precedence?

What are the basic rights that you wish to specify or delineate in your constitution for your citizens? Are these to be permanently enshrined in your constitution with no changes or restrictions permitted? Or does your constitution specify what instances these rights may be restricted?

These are the basic questions you will need to answer first if you want to have a clearer idea as to what sort of constitution you envisage for your nation. It also helps if you take a quick look at RL examples such as the US Constitution or those of nations such as the PRC, Germany, France, Russia or even historical examples like Ancient Rome. You can even create a seemingly liberal constitution for outward appearances but then actually have a government contravene that constitution just for the lulz.
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:46 am

Considering I want to make my Constitution different.
So, gathering some information from your Constitution, there should be:
- Preamble
- Provisions and Organisation
- The State and the Constitution
- Protection of the sovereignty
- Basic Rights
- The Legislature
- and Amendments.
And from here, there should be:
-What type of government structure do you want to have?
-What is the structure of your legislature?
-How are laws made and passed?
-Who is your Head of Government?
-Do you have a Head of State who is separate from the government (sort of like the Queen and the UK government) or are the roles fused?
-Which position holds greater political power and precedence?
-What are the basic rights that you wish to specify or delineate in your constitution for your citizens?
-Are these to be permanently enshrined in your constitution with no changes or restrictions permitted?
-Or does your constitution specify what instances these rights may be restricted?

Thanks to you and the Chinese Peoples, I can try and mash the best of both worlds. Now it's time for the shitty part: writing ALL of it. God, I feel like I'm in high school English again.....

Praetorianus
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Praetorianus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 am

For starters, it's important to know what sort of political structure you envision for your nation. Do you want a typical Republic cum representative democracy? A socialist state like the Soviet Union? A federal/confederate entity such as the Bundesrepublik or the United States? A monarchy? A theocracy?

Our political structure is--hold on to your seat---a Theocratic, imperial, capitalist, Republican, aristocratic, Christian, fascist/national-socialist, constitutional monarchy. Fair to say a far-right-winged royal Republic, simply put.
What type of government structure do you want to have? An autocracy? A single-party state? A parliamentary system? A presidential system? A semi-presidential system? A monarchy? Absolute or constitutional monarchy? What is the structure of your legislature? How are laws made and passed? Who is your Head of Government? Do you have a Head of State who is separate from the government (sort of like the Queen and the UK government) or are the roles fused? Which position holds greater political power and precedence?

It's kind of confusing.
-The highest non-heavenly power (below the Angel of Death, that is) in Praetorianus is the Emperor and Empress (the Imperial part); they run they show here and seek to expand territory whenever they seek fit. It's their job to keep their son--the King--and their daughter-in-law--the Queen--(together to form the monarchy) in order to keep their children and their cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, etc (the aristocracy) in order.
-The King and Queen can go as far as declaring and fighting in wars against another country, with the aid of the Republican Council's approval.
-The aristocracy keeps the Council in order, as well as the theocracy--the Holy Revelations Vigilante Christian Church, its priests, bishops, archbishops, and pope (and popess) to stabilize the morality of the nation, and to make sure people go to Church every Saturday/Sunday (this also includes making sure the Church keeps up to date and hosts scheduled holy events on time).
-The Council can set laws, control the military, and set political propaganda/meetings when needed. They also host voting for new seats in Parliament, as well as host executions, jury, and new policies.

What are the basic rights that you wish to specify or delineate in your constitution for your citizens? Are these to be permanently enshrined in your constitution with no changes or restrictions permitted? Or does your constitution specify what instances these rights may be restricted?

Our Constitution specify what instances these rights may be restricted. It can be based on most of the laws set by Jesus in the New Testament, as well as some laws from the Old, ESPECIALLY the Ten Commandments. Other laws and rights and set by the leaders in consideration for morality, dignity, and loyalty.

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:09 am

Praetorianus wrote:Our political structure is--hold on to your seat---a Theocratic, imperial, capitalist, Republican, aristocratic, Christian, fascist/national-socialist, constitutional monarchy. Fair to say a far-right-winged royal Republic, simply put.

Alright I'm gonna have to hold up for a second. Are you telling me your government is all of the above? Even with trying to merge and blend some of the governmental types and differing ideologies, there are too many contradictory aspects for it to function properly. It can't possibly be Fascist and Republican as well as aristocratic as well.

Praetorianus wrote:It's kind of confusing.
-The highest non-heavenly power (below the Angel of Death, that is) in Praetorianus is the Emperor and Empress (the Imperial part); they run they show here and seek to expand territory whenever they seek fit. It's their job to keep their son--the King--and their daughter-in-law--the Queen--(together to form the monarchy) in order to keep their children and their cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, etc (the aristocracy) in order.

What is the Angel of Death? Shouldn't the King be more appropriately retitled as Crown Prince if the Emperor is the ultimate sovereign?

Praetorianus wrote:-The King and Queen can go as far as declaring and fighting in wars against another country, with the aid of the Republican Council's approval.
-The aristocracy keeps the Council in order, as well as the theocracy--the Holy Revelations Vigilante Christian Church, its priests, bishops, archbishops, and pope (and popess) to stabilize the morality of the nation, and to make sure people go to Church every Saturday/Sunday (this also includes making sure the Church keeps up to date and hosts scheduled holy events on time).
-The Council can set laws, control the military, and set political propaganda/meetings when needed. They also host voting for new seats in Parliament, as well as host executions, jury, and new policies.

What is the relationship between Parliament and the Republican Council? If the Council already possesses the power to set new laws, does that mean it already is your parliament?

Praetorianus wrote:Our Constitution specify what instances these rights may be restricted. It can be based on most of the laws set by Jesus in the New Testament, as well as some laws from the Old, ESPECIALLY the Ten Commandments. Other laws and rights and set by the leaders in consideration for morality, dignity, and loyalty.

So religious laws comprise the basic legal foundations of your country as well as the source of basic rights for your citizens? What about your judiciary? What is the structure of the courts in your country? How are court cases handled? By trial by jury or by presiding judges?
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:25 am

I'm afraid I can't guarantee a functional government if you want all of those aspects written into your prospective constitution... GAR explained my conundrum perfectly well. If you want both a pair of emperor/empress and a king/queen, you'd be having a situation similar to the Roman Empire with their Augusti and Caesares, since a king/queen are by definition sovereign as well. I'm not sure if that's what you want, since Augusti/Caesares has proven not to work for the Roman Empire in the long run.

If your sovereign is to have actual political power, they will have political responsibility; according to the system that you lay out, a revolt is pretty much inevitable, perhaps within 48 hours of the enactment of the constitution. The only reason why Queen Elizabeth II is still sovereign is because her ministers take all the responsibility, so when there would be a revolution in absolute monarchies, there is only a change of government in the UK.

I can't write stuff from the Old Testament into your constitution; a tribal, nomadic people wandering in a desert is by no means similar to your nation, which, of all things, is situated in the Antarctic. The ideal constitution only needs to define the people's relationship with their government and the structure of the government; beyond that, a constitution that places a stranglehold over the government is a bad constitution. The ROC constitution is a good example of this, and at the end of the day, the supreme court in that country had to concede that the provisions dealing with policies only serve as suggestions. I can establish a church, but, in the end, I think it would be a bad thing for your government. Henry II vs. the Church and countless other cases suggest that a powerful church and a powerful government cannot exist together; I'll put your head of state down as the head of the church to avoid these conflicts.

A theocracy cannot co-exist with a fascist state ("everything within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state"). In fact, not even non-established churches can co-exist with a national socialist state.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:27 am

The Greater Aryan Race wrote:
Praetorianus wrote:Our Constitution specify what instances these rights may be restricted. It can be based on most of the laws set by Jesus in the New Testament, as well as some laws from the Old, ESPECIALLY the Ten Commandments. Other laws and rights and set by the leaders in consideration for morality, dignity, and loyalty.

So religious laws comprise the basic legal foundations of your country as well as the source of basic rights for your citizens? What about your judiciary? What is the structure of the courts in your country? How are court cases handled? By trial by jury or by presiding judges?

The mode of trial (inquisitorial and adversarial) I intend to let him decide as normal legislation, such as the case in a Westminster-style democracy. A Westminster-style government seems the best compromise for all his requirements, since it grants considerable flexibility to the legislature.

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:46 am

Chinese Peoples wrote:The mode of trial (inquisitorial and adversarial) I intend to let him decide as normal legislation, such as the case in a Westminster-style democracy. A Westminster-style government seems the best compromise for all his requirements, since it grants considerable flexibility to the legislature.

I suppose however, since Praetorianus wants a written constitution, that the preamble and introductory articles will need to include plenty of references to Christ and Christian law and morality. Stuff like that. Perhaps the section on the monarch may include articles that specify something like:

"There shall be a Head of State of Praetorianus, to be called the Emperor of Praetorianus, who shall take precedence over all persons in the Federation and shall not be liable to any proceedings whatsoever in any court.

• The Consort of the Emperor (to be called the Empress) shall take precedence next after the Emperor over all other persons in the Empire.
  • The Emperor is the Lieutenant of the One True God upon Earth. His right to rule is thus absolute and ordained by divine providence."

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:59 am

Chinese Peoples wrote:The mode of trial (inquisitorial and adversarial) I intend to let him decide as normal legislation, such as the case in a Westminster-style democracy. A Westminster-style government seems the best compromise for all his requirements, since it grants considerable flexibility to the legislature.

I suppose however, since Praetorianus wants a written constitution, that the preamble and introductory articles will need to include plenty of references to Christ and Christian law and morality. Stuff like that. Perhaps the section on the monarch may include articles that specify something like:

"There shall be a Head of State of Praetorianus, to be called the Emperor of Praetorianus, who shall take precedence over all persons in the Federation and shall not be liable to any proceedings whatsoever in any court.

• The Consort of the Emperor (to be called the Empress) shall take precedence next after the Emperor over all other persons in the Empire.
  • The Emperor is the Lieutenant of the One True God upon Earth. His right to rule is thus absolute and ordained by divine providence."

That's a good idea, but how do we accommodate national socialism (assuming that the Emperor = Fuehrer) and republicanism? Republicanism necessarily entails some recognition of popular power, even with a monarch as sovereign.

I suggest, The Emperor shall be entitled, "By Grace of God, Emperor of Praetorianus, Defender of the Faith, Fuehrer of Praetorians, and Lord of His Other Territories" and enjoy the style of "Imperial and Most Christian Majesty". Latin, DEI GRATIA IMPERATOR DUX PRAETORIANORUM FIDES DEFENSOR DOMINUS PRINCEPS ALIARUM PROVINCIARUM.

The constitution could read, The Emperor of Praetorianus, ordained by God, shall be sovereign of Praetorianus and head of the Church of Holy Revelations.

The Church of Holy Revelations, One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church, shall be the established church of Praetorianus and enjoy support of the government as the Imperial Parliament shall grant.

The Imperial Parliament shall enact no legislation to prevent Praetorians from attending and supporting the Church of Holy Revelations, or the said Church to practice its faith freely and publicly, within the laws and customs of the Empire.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:07 am

Chinese Peoples wrote:That's a good idea, but how do we accommodate national socialism (assuming that the Emperor = Fuehrer) and republicanism? Republicanism necessarily entails some recognition of popular power, even with a monarch as sovereign.

I suggest, The Emperor shall be entitled, "By Grace of God, Emperor of Praetorianus, Fuehrer of Praetorians, and Lord of His Other Territories" and enjoy the style of "Imperial and Most Christian Majesty". Latin, DEI GRATIA IMPERATOR DUX PRAETORIANORUM DOMINUS PRINCEPS ALIARUM PROVINCIARUM.

The Emperor of Praetorianus, ordained by God, shall be sovereign and head of Praetorianus.

If Praetorianus is envisaging the monarchical system of the Roman Empire, then I'd prefer that Fuehrer be scrapped. Perhaps something else like Princeps Civitatis be included in his official titles. That seems a better accommodation of republican and monarchical governments in my opinion.

Chinese Peoples
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Peoples » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:15 am

Chinese Peoples wrote:That's a good idea, but how do we accommodate national socialism (assuming that the Emperor = Fuehrer) and republicanism? Republicanism necessarily entails some recognition of popular power, even with a monarch as sovereign.

I suggest, The Emperor shall be entitled, "By Grace of God, Emperor of Praetorianus, Fuehrer of Praetorians, and Lord of His Other Territories" and enjoy the style of "Imperial and Most Christian Majesty". Latin, DEI GRATIA IMPERATOR DUX PRAETORIANORUM DOMINUS PRINCEPS ALIARUM PROVINCIARUM.

The Emperor of Praetorianus, ordained by God, shall be sovereign and head of Praetorianus.

If Praetorianus is envisaging the monarchical system of the Roman Empire, then I'd prefer that Fuehrer be scrapped. Perhaps something else like Princeps Civitatis be included in his official titles. That seems a better accommodation of republican and monarchical governments in my opinion.

We could swap dux for princeps. So that would be, DEI GRATIA IMPERATOR PRAETORIS PRINCEPS CIVIUM PRAETORIANORUM, stating in parallel his dual role as emperor of the country and leader of her citizens.

The preamble needs some work. Normally, the preamble makes references to the historical causes for enacting a new constitution and current factors that necessitate it.

The Emperor of Praetorianus, ordained by God, acclaimed by the Lords and Commons of Praetorianus, hereby enacts this Constitution, with the assent of the same.

The Emperor of Praetorianus, reigning by Grace of God, sovereign of Praetoriaus, and his heirs and successors shall exercise their rule according to this Constitution.
Last edited by Chinese Peoples on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information