NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis"

Postby Adytus » Mon May 30, 2016 9:37 pm

IC: From the office of Mike Lynn, ambassador of Adytus to the World Assembly - "Welcome nations of this council; this is the second world assembly proposal presented to the international community by the anarchic republic of Adytus. I must admit, our office got the idea for this proposal from another proposal that failed to reach vote. However, I do not believe it was the same proposal here. I saw this proposal after drafting the proposal presented, and had no intention of stepping on anyone's feet. Moreover, with the communities help, we will submit this proposal in due time. Thank you for your time; our nation greatly appreciates it."

Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis"

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing that SC # 195 was passed with the intentions of saving the region from annexation by invading forces; however, this attempt was a failure, and the region has fallen to the invaders.

Understanding that the region liberated by SC # 195 was used as a staging point for military operations, and was not the direct homeland of the native community.

Disappointed that brutes of condemnable nature will continue to maintain control of the region, and that the liberation has become a memorial for their disgusting ideology.

Wishing the best of luck to the anti-fascist community; the lost of a military staging point is only a set back, and should not hinder the spirit of the defender community working against fascist ideology.

Believing that SC # 195 no longer serves a functional purpose, and that the resolution should be marked from the record.

Hereby Repeals: “Liberate Alliance Against Nazis”
Last edited by Adytus on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8628
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 pm

In the interests of transparency, the following telegram was sent to all delegates via the stamp system (tag: delegates) on 2 June 2016, 00:16:49 EDT.

To whom it may concern,

On behalf of the republic, we have submitted a proposal to repeal Security Council resolution # 195 – “Liberate Alliance Against Nazis.” It has come to our attention that the region was never helped by the liberation, and was in fact deleted due to the word “Nazi” in the region name. Moreover, it was quickly re-founded by fascist invaders the first moment they got, and now own the region permanently. We believe that it would be in the best interest of the council to remove the liberation, as it serves no function, and never did.

We need 123 approvals to put this proposal to vote. If you would like to be one of them, please follow this link!.

The republic seriously appreciates your time, thank you.

Best Regards,
Mike Lynn

Author: 1 SC and 27 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Delegate for Europe
Out-of-character unless marked otherwise
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate

User avatar
Oceanias Elena Inge Dreyden
Attaché
 
Posts: 86
Founded: May 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oceanias Elena Inge Dreyden » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:In the interests of transparency, the following telegram was sent to all delegates via the stamp system (tag: delegates) on 2 June 2016, 00:16:49 EDT.

To whom it may concern,

On behalf of the republic, we have submitted a proposal to repeal Security Council resolution # 195 – “Liberate Alliance Against Nazis.” It has come to our attention that the region was never helped by the liberation, and was in fact deleted due to the word “Nazi” in the region name. Moreover, it was quickly re-founded by fascist invaders the first moment they got, and now own the region permanently. We believe that it would be in the best interest of the council to remove the liberation, as it serves no function, and never did.

We need 123 approvals to put this proposal to vote. If you would like to be one of them, please follow this link!.

The republic seriously appreciates your time, thank you.

Best Regards,
Mike Lynn


There is nothing wrong with the rubber stamp brigade.
Official Puppet Of The United Socialist States of Europe and Oceania
Ambassador Elena Inge Dreyden. May Represent Europe and Oceania sometimes.
Official Ambassador Of The United Socialist States of Europe and Oceania and New Utopian World
Secretary of State for Europe and Oceania

Bernie Sanders For Pres. 2016

User avatar
ROM
Envoy
 
Posts: 265
Founded: Mar 23, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ROM » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:36 pm

I'm for repealing this liberation, but this comes off as biased and rushed, so I'm kinda torn to be honest but I'll lean against for the time being.
Author of SC Resolution #186 Commend Travelling Region

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Rom wrote:I'm for repealing this liberation, but this comes off as biased and rushed, so I'm kinda torn to be honest but I'll lean against for the time being.


"Let me ensure you that my office took a considerable amount of time in drafting this proposal. I am trying my best not to break any of the rules, so drafting takes a bit of thought and time. If you are talking about the amount of time I allowed it to sit in this forum - it has been here a few days, and the interest in the draft was low. Moreover, I apologize if the rhetoric came on rather strong, but I do not believe this council is not biases."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Rusozak
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1468
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusozak » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Didn't see what's become of this region after many of this petty, silly "refound" theft cases. I'm abstaining.

As a former native of this region, before it was taken by nazis/fascists, before the commies took it back and made it into a military base, before this tug-of-war and multiple refounds, I can say there's no point anymore who owns it if those are the people wrestling for it.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Oceanias Elena Inge Dreyden
Attaché
 
Posts: 86
Founded: May 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oceanias Elena Inge Dreyden » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:10 pm

We voted for this.
Official Puppet Of The United Socialist States of Europe and Oceania
Ambassador Elena Inge Dreyden. May Represent Europe and Oceania sometimes.
Official Ambassador Of The United Socialist States of Europe and Oceania and New Utopian World
Secretary of State for Europe and Oceania

Bernie Sanders For Pres. 2016

User avatar
SeattleNinja008
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 14
Founded: May 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby SeattleNinja008 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Repealing this would only cement the power of the invaders. I am voting against as this region is not in the hands of the natives. Until then I see no reason to spend a voting block on repealing this when there are better things for the SC to do.
I am a progressive.
I have no party afflation. I vote for the best choice.

User avatar
Spiritbw
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: May 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Spiritbw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:56 pm

Quick look at the region shows it still in the hands of invaders. Voting against.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Rusozak wrote:Didn't see what's become of this region after many of this petty, silly "refound" theft cases. I'm abstaining.

As a former native of this region, before it was taken by nazis/fascists, before the commies took it back and made it into a military base, before this tug-of-war and multiple refounds, I can say there's no point anymore who owns it if those are the people wrestling for it.

"I believe this council should wash its hands of this affair. The region will continue to be remembered in the language of the repeal; we believe that liberations should not serve to memorialize regions that are clearly lost. However, this can still be done through the repeal. Thank you for your input, Rusozak."
Last edited by Adytus on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
The Confederacy of the Republic
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 20
Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Confederacy of the Republic » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:13 am

Adytus wrote:
Rusozak wrote:Didn't see what's become of this region after many of this petty, silly "refound" theft cases. I'm abstaining.

As a former native of this region, before it was taken by nazis/fascists, before the commies took it back and made it into a military base, before this tug-of-war and multiple refounds, I can say there's no point anymore who owns it if those are the people wrestling for it.

"I believe this council should wash its hands of this affair. The region will continue to be remembered in the language of the repeal; we believe that liberations should not serve to memorialize regions that are clearly lost. However, this can still be done through the repeal. Thank you for your input, Rusozak."

Why did you show NO interest when this region was held by radical communists, yet when it was taken from said communists, all of a sudden there is an agenda. It looks to me that, once again, the 'natives' are trying to use the SC to take what they couldn't take themselves. With all due respect, there is 100% BIAS.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:30 am

The Confederacy of the Republic wrote:<snip>.


"With all do respect, ambassador, I am new to the drafting process. I only learned and developed an interest in SC # 195 a few days ago. Agenda? No. Moreover, this council is bias against invaders. In my office's opinion, it seems like the point of the council entirely, and is spelled out in it's mission statement. You are allowed to be bias."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Lysandrion
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 101
Founded: Aug 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lysandrion » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:42 am

The purpose of the proposal seems reasonable enough, but Lysenian delegation finds it surprising, to say the least, that the wording made it through the drafting process. Spekaing plainly, this resolution is awfully written.

In consequence, we have no choice but to abstain from voting.

User avatar
Rusozak
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1468
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusozak » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:13 am

The Confederacy of the Republic wrote:
Adytus wrote:"I believe this council should wash its hands of this affair. The region will continue to be remembered in the language of the repeal; we believe that liberations should not serve to memorialize regions that are clearly lost. However, this can still be done through the repeal. Thank you for your input, Rusozak."

Why did you show NO interest when this region was held by radical communists, yet when it was taken from said communists, all of a sudden there is an agenda. It looks to me that, once again, the 'natives' are trying to use the SC to take what they couldn't take themselves. With all due respect, there is 100% BIAS.


Because there was no debate then, and believe me, I objected to the communist takeover and conversion of the region into a military base. The region when it was owned by the actual natives held no established ideology aside from anti-fascism. The communists locked it down and made it into a staging ground for some kind of ideological crusade to spread the red banner.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:59 am

Lysandrion wrote:The purpose of the proposal seems reasonable enough, but Lysenian delegation finds it surprising, to say the least, that the wording made it through the drafting process. Spekaing plainly, this resolution is awfully written.

In consequence, we have no choice but to abstain from voting.

"Spekaing plainly, I do not believe this proposal is written badly. Furthermore, there was time for nations to express any concerns with the writing, but no sentiments were expressed."
Last edited by Adytus on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1726
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:42 am

Adytus wrote:
Lysandrion wrote:The purpose of the proposal seems reasonable enough, but Lysenian delegation finds it surprising, to say the least, that the wording made it through the drafting process. Spekaing plainly, this resolution is awfully written.

In consequence, we have no choice but to abstain from voting.

"Spekaing plainly, I do not believe this proposal is written badly. Furthermore, there was time for nations to express any concerns with the writing, but no sentiments were expressed."

I disagree, this is not a well written proposal and personally I think it's a badge hunt. However, the original liberation has been nullified by the refound and so I have reluctantly recommended to TWP's Delegate that he cast his vote for this proposal.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Adytus wrote:"Spekaing plainly, I do not believe this proposal is written badly. Furthermore, there was time for nations to express any concerns with the writing, but no sentiments were expressed."

I disagree, this is not a well written proposal and personally I think it's a badge hunt. However, the original liberation has been nullified by the refound and so I have reluctantly recommended to TWP's Delegate that he cast his vote for this proposal.

"What is a badge hunt, ambassador? And thank you for the support nonetheless."
Last edited by Adytus on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1726
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:37 am

Adytus wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:I disagree, this is not a well written proposal and personally I think it's a badge hunt. However, the original liberation has been nullified by the refound and so I have reluctantly recommended to TWP's Delegate that he cast his vote for this proposal.

"What is a badge hunt, ambassador? And thank you for the support nonetheless."

Writing a proposal just to get an author's badge, with no real commitment to the cause supported. And the SC is OOC, so I am not an ambassador.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Drasnia
Minister
 
Posts: 2440
Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Drasnia » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:41 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Adytus wrote:"What is a badge hunt, ambassador? And thank you for the support nonetheless."

Writing a proposal just to get an author's badge, with no real commitment to the cause supported. And the SC is OOC, so I am not an ambassador.

Well, truthfully, the SC is both IC and OOC, just depending on who's talking, though I do prefer OOC.
Ransium: 911 is my worst ranked issue I’ve edited
Ransium: 777 is my second worst
Ransium: I shouldn’t edit your issues

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19802
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:01 pm

The Confederacy of the Republic wrote:
Adytus wrote:"I believe this council should wash its hands of this affair. The region will continue to be remembered in the language of the repeal; we believe that liberations should not serve to memorialize regions that are clearly lost. However, this can still be done through the repeal. Thank you for your input, Rusozak."

Why did you show NO interest when this region was held by radical communists, yet when it was taken from said communists, all of a sudden there is an agenda. It looks to me that, once again, the 'natives' are trying to use the SC to take what they couldn't take themselves. With all due respect, there is 100% BIAS.

Perhaps they had no interest because their nation didn't fucking exist back then.
Last edited by Wallenburg on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD

User avatar
The Confederacy of the Republic
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 20
Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Confederacy of the Republic » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:00 am

Wallenburg wrote:
The Confederacy of the Republic wrote:Why did you show NO interest when this region was held by radical communists, yet when it was taken from said communists, all of a sudden there is an agenda. It looks to me that, once again, the 'natives' are trying to use the SC to take what they couldn't take themselves. With all due respect, there is 100% BIAS.

Perhaps they had no interest because their nation didn't fucking exist back then.

Usually when people write up a proposal, they know what they're talking about. The author, while I'm sure good intentioned, obviously cannot understand what happened due to him not existing here. The author's ignorance aside, there actually WAS a debate when it was happening, I know because it happened at around the time of the Secretary General election. The fact is, this is old news, and it sucks that the author doesn't even know what's going on.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:41 pm

The Confederacy of the Republic wrote:
Wallenburg wrote:Perhaps they had no interest because their nation didn't fucking exist back then.

Usually when people write up a proposal, they know what they're talking about. The author, while I'm sure good intentioned, obviously cannot understand what happened due to him not existing here. The author's ignorance aside, there actually WAS a debate when it was happening, I know because it happened at around the time of the Secretary General election. The fact is, this is old news, and it sucks that the author doesn't even know what's going on.

"Ambassador, what is keeping you from informing me of what did happen, if you are so enlightened? Just because my nation did not exist at the time does not mean I am incapable of understanding the juggling of a region from one hand to another to another. If there was a debate, you can provide a link, or anything more for my office other than 'your ignorant' and 'because I know so.' Moreover, this is old news; however, your argument is increasing moot."
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
Arpak
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 51
Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpak » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:35 am

Fellow WA Ambassadors and regional delegates,

Ah, ignorance and naivety...the vices of all anarchist political systems.

True to our Patriotic Socialist ideology, we, the Arpakian People hold Independence, Humanism, Social Justice and Democracy at the highest esteem. Independence should be each region's value of utmost importance, followed by true Socialism and Democracy in our personal opinion.

SeattleNinja008 wrote:Repealing this would only cement the power of the invaders. I am voting against as this region is not in the hands of the natives. Until then I see no reason to spend a voting block on repealing this when there are better things for the SC to do.


Fellow, SeatleNinja008 Ambassador, we couldn't possibly agree more. You summarized our national beliefs on the matter at hand. Every True Socialist owes to devote himself to the permanent Socialist revolution and be ever vigilant and militant (if necessary) against fascists, nazis, imperialists and the bourgeois elements attempting to disrupt Social Equality and to trap the masses of the Working People in a vicious cycle of class war.

Therefore, as True Socialists we are vehemently opposed to this resolution, as it's nothing short of submission and condemnation of our fellow Anti-Fascists' rightful territory to Fascist Slavery. WE shall not give up the fight! We shall NOT SURRENDER as the WAR against TYRANNIC OPPRESSION OF ALL FORMS rages ON!!! We may have lost a fight, but not the War, and will not rest until this Alliance becomes once again a Revolutionary Cell of Anti-Fascist activity, a defense against ANY KIND OF DESPOT .

In addition, we would like to point out how flawed and dangerous so-called Anarchist ideologies can be. The Republic of Adytus, self-proclaimed libertarian regime, has done the unforgivable mistake of granting its citizens unconditional freedoms and liberties, which lead to the point of lawlessness. This resolution, along with the nation that authored it make an excellent example in showing how pretentious all these extremely libertarian ideologies are: they supposedly value individual rights and personal liberties the most, but at the same time are so eager to abandon aforementioned values as far as it concerns their fellow men when things are at their very worst, thus leaving their fellow men to their grim fate. Similar anarchist ideologies do nothing more but misguide our youth and direct their ever useful rebelliousness towards the fulfillment of utopian, unrealistic goals. Only a REVOLUTIONARY, FIGHTING SOCIALIST STATE with a well-developed and just ideology can successfully organize the masses of the Working People worldwide into a FLAMING FIST and direct them towards the fight for true Independence, Democracy, Social Equality and Justice. Before you rush to any conclusions, I would like to clarify that we don't believe that an isolated nationalist regime can successfully achieve that, but rather a STRONG International Alliance of Socialist States. An Internationalized Socialist Revolution is the only way to achieve true individual liberty and personal freedom, as well as combat Fascism and Tyranny, of course. Such glory lies only within a Socialist World Government, a Global Federation of Socialist States, which is what every Working Man should aspire to, and not to a "false-prophet" stateless global anarchic commune. I assure you, only chaos, immorality, lawlessness and despair lies within these unrealistic, failed political systems, as further evidenced by the naivety and convenience of this proposal to such faux, armchair-rebels, that oh so love to pretend they are true democratic revolutionaries.

Sincerely,
WA Ambassador of the Arpakian People
Hans Dortman
Last edited by Arpak on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Adytus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 441
Founded: Apr 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Adytus » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:55 am

Arpak wrote:<snip>

“Ambassador Dortman, your position will only further doom the region you are so strongly fighting for to its fate. While you may hold that this resolution condemns natives to a life without the region, let me tell you why we believe that is not the case at all. What more incentive to keep a region under occupation than a wonderful liberation badge at the top, the free advertisement for their ideologies that comes with it, and the continuous source of pride for the fascist community. Ending this council's direct involvement in the region will be the best thing to happen to it in the long run. We will remove one of the two apparent incentives for holding the region. The liberation will go, leaving just the value of the region name the anti-fascist and fascist communities hold. Before the liberation was passed, it has already been noted that the region changed hands several times. Perhaps this will happen again, and repealing this resolution is the best strategy in the long run for this to happen. In my opinion, this is the best fighting chance the anti-fascist community is going to have in taking the region back, even if this is a long term strategy. It is no surrender, but a fighting chance.

So lets talk about what is flawed and what is dangerous. Your self-proclaimed, radical belief in a single form of government to tackle issues in this world is blinding. It limits your scope in dealing with issues you find concerning like fascism, and outright rejects possible solutions to these issues because “socialism is the best, and only the best, its REVOLUTIONARY, etc.” You already stated that this glorious alliance of socialist states is the only way to combat fascism, and there are numerous nations, including myself, that believe this statement is so opinionated its naïve – if not down right ignorant. I assure you, my office is taking all options into consideration in order to achieve a better world of peace and goodwill, and the blinding ideological arguments you presented would do nothing but hinder this council’s ability to help your own community, and others. Thank you for your time and input, ambassador, nonetheless.”
Last edited by Adytus on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Necromancer of Arbitration
In Lazarus

User avatar
United Areas of Conservatives
Secretary
 
Posts: 39
Founded: Feb 24, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Areas of Conservatives » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:53 pm

Weird, this was just passed. :blink:
From the desk of Grand Master Harland Woodunder.
Conservatives are always free.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads