NATION

PASSWORD

The Independent Order

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Bruthannia
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Independent Order

Postby Bruthannia » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 pm

RegionRegional ForumActive Discussion#Independence on irc.esper.net

The Independent Order seeks to be an interesting, unique and dynamic region that is never short on things for member nations to do.

We seek to be a region where nations that contribute to our community are respected and rewarded for their efforts.

We seek to be independent of international influence, and to defend ourselves and our friends from foreign aggression.

If you share our values and goals and are interested in our region, we strongly encourage you to visit us.

Last edited by Bruthannia on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Founder, Head of State and Grand Chancellor of The Independent Order

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Short update;

We have now reached 14 nations, which has happened much, much faster than what I was expecting.

We are now drafting our first charter.

Our forums are, at least for now, completely set up. Give them a look!

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Oooo,shiny.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Hobbesistan wrote:Oooo,shiny.

I was just thinking that.

Love the dragon! Best luck to your region.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Feux wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Oooo,shiny.
Love the dragon! Best luck to your region.

Thank you! :)

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Another short update;

We have now reached 50 nations. Not sure how far we are actually going to wind up growing, but it's probably gonna be big...

Charter debate is reasonably well advanced and there is little reason why we couldn't have a document completed within 7-10 days;

Our forum activity is surprising to me- I guess we've simply recruited active people.

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:48 am

Another update!

We're now at 85 nations. This is distressing to me, who is unused to any sort of recruitment success.

Our charter is probably just about finished. After that, we'll hold elections for all the positions, and get the government running.

It's now a priority to get a regional map and nation roleplay sector going, because of interest expressed by members. We are here to facilitate for what our members want to do!

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh hey there I totally didn't see that you were interested in our region.

We've reached 117 nations. It's a bit of a big whoop matter now. We grow nao etc. Oh well.

Our Nation Roleplay was started a few days ago and absolutely exploded into life- the majority of the nations on this map are active, too. The rules in our roleplay have been made to make things as easy as possible for new nations to get involved, and I'd wager we're the best region in the game for getting started in roleplay right now. Brand new nation? Daunted about roleplaying with only 5 million people? Try an automatic minimum cap of 50 that everyone below gets ranked up to. Also, nations with more than 500 million citizens have their statistics capped there, so nobody can get too far ahead and dominate the field. Similar caps are in place on defense expenditure and gross domestic product per capita that nations automatically get ranked below that ensure nobody can get roflstomped like what you might see in the roleplay sections of this forum.

The charter is at the point where we are almost ready to present a final product for vote. It was basically at this point last time I posted as well, but I've been focusing on getting roleplay going instead. Don't hate. Besides, once it's done, I'll have an actual government running around doing things for me, and I'll have more time to post on this gameplay forum with you, mr snookum wookums.

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:04 pm

The Independent Order has officially passed it's first Charter into being, and election nominations have begun for the positions of Premier and Senator(s).

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:40 am

I haven't even thought about this topic in a month. Oh well.

We did our first government thingamabob. We're now holding nominations for elections for the next month. The incumbent, Beatrice, appears to be the favorite so far for carrying on as Premier. As of yet we are still lacking in Senatorial nominations (3 nominations for 5 positions) but hoping that our numbers pick up enough to have a proper election race before we have to actually hold the election.

Our map has ballooned out to having 40 plus players on it, now unfortunately resulting in the base file that I was editing to update the map on giving up on me and corrupting. Damn it.

Our region itself has also ballooned to more than 300 members. We picked up quite a few from the zombie matters- the newness of most nations compared to the age of the founder nation and a couple of other senior members allowed us to have something like 80% of the regional civilian population researching a cure by the second tick- meaning we were massively outstripping dedicated "official" cure sanctuaries such as VF and The NationStates Community in progress- and it was only due to accidentally letting 1 million zombies slip in the final tick on a new recruit that we didn't have a perfectly clean region at the end, despite being 100% zombie free for several ticks before that. However, we've also picked up even more from cold hard stamp based recruitment, a practice that we intend to continue so long as it is the most effective option on the table.

We are refining the idea of "Enlightened Imperialism". While discussions on that are public internally, we will hold off on explaining exactly what we mean by that until we are ready to put our ideas into practice.

Hope to be less lazy about putting updates here in the future. :lol:
Last edited by Bruthannia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:02 pm

We've managed to ungank the original version of our regional map, and are currently readding existing active nations. New nations will soon be added once more as well. :)

Red Skull Prime
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Skull Prime » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:18 pm

You have a good thing going here. Keep it up.
HYDRA is us.
HYDRA is independent of us.
HYDRA is always right

Solorni wrote:Hail hydra!
Charax wrote:I rather like this HYDRA thing.
Venico wrote:Man you know you are onto something when two GCR delegates are pulling for you =P
Blood Wine wrote:HYDRA is a comic?

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Yay unofficial update.

We've been hovering at about 300 nations for some time. We took part in the NS World Fair, although we were actually rather disappointed with how little interest we got during the event.

We are slowly constructing our ministry of FA, and are requesting offsite forum embassies with a few regions with similar interests to us. Other regions are fully welcome to come to our forum and request embassies there (we won't be taking embassy requests in game from regions that don't have an embassy with us on either our or their forum).

Nation Roleplay continues to boom along at an astounding rate, with some surprisingly good quality roleplayers turning up regularly. Activity in general has barely had a quiet moment at all- we are rapidly approaching 10,000 forum posts.

Should probably post here more often. Oh well. :P

Beatrice
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 26, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Beatrice » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:35 am

A little bump here is in order. :)

I've been granted my fifth term as Premeir of the Independent Order, so perhaps it's time we annoucned our policies to the world. I hope we can engage our fellow regions based upon this policy and, towards defenders in particular, I hope you pay heed to the policies we've proposed. They won't be broken until you break them yourselves. ;)

Enlightened Imperialism

Throughout NationStates much importance is placed upon principles such as freedom, sovereignty and all sorts of synonyms in between. How can one be considered "free" when their freedom is dependent upon the numerous interventions of foreign forces, most of the time acting without consulting the native population in the first place? Can one truly stand as sovereign when the very status of their sovereignty hangs in the balance of an influx of foreign endorsements and endless foreign interventions?

Sovereignty and liberty can only be ensured through domestic stability, the use of diplomacy and an engaged foreign policy and, when necessary, military force. The Independent Order therefore bases its foreign policy around the doctrine of 'Enlightened Imperialism' which is centered around the belief that a region can retain its liberties under the watchful eye of the Order, its full resources guarding it from those who would wish to turn it into a hollow trophy. The Order believes that such regions could gain much from a mutually beneficial relationship with us.

That being said the Order holds no ill-will towards raiding, nor those who employ tactics which leave no lasting impact upon the raided region. We extend a hand of friendship to these regions, however, we wish to have nothing to do with regions who engage in senselessly destructive policies. The practice of invading a region and removing its native population to refound it as a hollow trophy, an act which destroys communities and strikes the Order as barbaric is a tactic we do not wish to be associated with. In regards to fellow Imperialist powers the Order hopes that they will learn from us and allow their subjects full rights to self determination; that is, should their subjects desire their sovereignty it should be granted via whatever legal mechanism is in place for such a situation.

We believe Enlightened Imperialism is built around four principles:

I. Liberty and Equality.
II. Local Governance, Imperial Guidance.
III. Mutual Benefit, Mutual Respect.
IV. Proactive, not Reactive, defense.

I. Liberty and Equality:

Liberty is a precious commodity which confers her blessings on those regions with founders, leaving those founder-less left in an ironic balancing act of maintaining their liberty while also curtailing it to ensure their security. Through a parade of defender interventions liberty may be provided a lifeline, however, such an arrangement is detrimental to the community in question as their ability to function as an independent region is compromised. All it takes is one invasion for the integrity of a region to be shattered, and for the historic community of a region to face suppression, expulsion and inevitable death.

Enlightened Imperialism thus safeguards the liberty of the native inhabitants of a region with the strength and stewardship of the Order to enable the continued existence of such liberty. Only a measure of authority over foreign affairs would be ceded to the Order, however, native laws and culture would be respected and allowed to continue unimpeded. Each Province exists as an equal to the Order, with equal citizenship and voting rights in our Senate being conferred upon the natives of a Province.

II. Local Governance, Imperial Guidance:

Each Province, through the rule of a local, democratically native chosen government, are free to determine their affairs as they see fit without obstruction from the Order. Guidance and consultation are provided by a Viceroy whose only power lays in conducting the foreign and military affairs of the Province. This ensures a healthy, native-driven political culture is nurtured and allowed to establish itself whilst keeping the Province's policies in-line with those of the Order on the global stage.

The right to self-determination is an inherent principle of Enlightened Imperialism. This includes the right of a Province to determine its own laws, determine its own form of government, maintain or establish their own forums independent of those of the Order and to dissolve their relationship with the Independent Order should they so desire. To deny sovereignty to a Province against the will of the native population is a betrayal of Enlightened Imperialism, thus should a Province declare its intent to regain its standing as a sovereign region the Order will assist, and not hamper, such an initiative.

III: Mutual Respect, Mutual Benefit:

The Order believes that imperialism need not denote a sense of subservience. We recognize that a healthy, respectful relationship can be forged between an imperial power and the regions which fall under their sphere of influence. The Provinces are to be treated with the full respect they deserve regardless of their size or status. Natives of these regions should not be viewed with any less respect than a citizen of the Order proper would be met with.

Furthermore, the Order believes that these relationships benefit both the Order and the Provinces. Whereas the Province gains stability, security and tranquility the Order gains a broader knowledge of the world around her as ideas and cultures are exchanged between the Order and her Provinces, each region within the Order's sphere of influence enriches her culture and, in return, their culture is enriched by that of the Order.

The practice of 'trophy regions' is thus foreign to Enlightened Imperialism. Instead of turning regions into hollow shells devoid of their culture the Order not only works to embrace that culture, but to also ensure it is not lost. Trophy raids are a most destructive form of raiding, taking the most important part of a region out of the equation. Through Enlightened Imperialism these cultures will stand the tests of time under the protection and guidance of a benevolent Order.

IV. Proactive, not Reactive, defense:

Defenders usually arrive on the scene of an invasion as it is taking place or when the native authority has already been supplanted by a foreign power. This reactive defense is inefficient and does not ensure, nor promote, the liberty and sovereignty of the region or its natives. The Order ensures the protection of her Provinces via proactive defense composed of forces from the Imperial Army, any forces from the Province itself, and through diverse diplomatic relationships with raider and imperialist powers. Thus, freedom is ensured without existing on a tenuous balance which must be upheld each update with little to no certainty.

This ensures the dignity and liberty of a Province is upheld without interventions of those without a vested interest in the future of the region and also removes it as a piece from the R/D game-board. Without the need to focus additional resources to the defense of the region, which is ensured under the umbrella of the Order's influence, the Province is free to engage in managing its home affairs, focusing these energies on community and culture instead. Truly, the relationship between the Province and the Order is one of respect, defense, and a set of shared values which will enable this Empire to stand where others have fallen.

Foreign Policy and Military Doctrine of the Independent Order:

The Foreign Policy and Military Doctrine of the Independent Order shall be the result of consultation between the Cabinet of the Independent Order. I expect our Armed Forces to empower the Independent Order, working with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to best utilize the capital we have to execute the Foreign Policy of the Independent Order.

Enlightened Imperialism shall be the cornerstone of Independent Foreign Policy. These beliefs are also based upon the tenets of Enlightened Imperialism:

- Freedom for all peoples, regardless of the size or status of their region.
- Self determination is a right all regions should enjoy, regardless of size or status.
- The voice of the People in the government which represents them is a vital right which must be upheld when threatened and restored if usurped.

This Foreign Policy shall also consist of the following:

- The establishment of diplomatic relations with powers which share our interests and concerns.
- Honest friendship with the regions of the world and a free exchange of ideas between our Independent Order and the would around her.
- A rejection of racially inspired politics, discrimination, sexism, etc.
- The use of Independent diplomatic assets to bring pressure to bear upon such powers should they threaten our region or its interests.
- The use of the Independent Armed Forces in concert with foreign powers should such operations be in the interest of our Order, or upon the request of friendly foreign powers in operations which are in the spirit of the beliefs of the Independent Order.

Concerning Relations with Imperialists:

The Independent Order has no desires to insert itself into the affairs of conventional imperial powers as many of their practices are incompatible with Enlightened Imperialism. While we shall not act against their interests we shall also avoid enabling their policy goals and initiatives. We shall also not accept any undue influence upon the formulation and conduct of Independent Foreign or Military policy. Finally, should a region under occupation which holds a relationship with the Independent Order come under occupation by an imperialist power the Independent Order shall deploy all assets necessary to restore the legitimate government and evict the occupying power.

Concerning Relations with Raiders:

The Independent Order shall engage in relations with raider powers on a case-by-case basis, as necessary, as long as the borders and interests of the Independent Order are respected. Further discussions may be approved by the Senate, however the utilization of Independent resources for invasions which hold no value to our Independent Foreign Policy are out of the question.

Those raider powers which insist upon raiding Independent Provinces despite our non-hostility towards them shall quickly find themselves at odds with the Independent Order. Any and all methods of reprisal shall be explored in such circumstances.

Concerning Relations with Defenders:

Relations with defenders are to be defined by the Declaration of Non-Aggression, which may be found in the quote below.

Concerning relations with neutral powers:

The Independent Order shall strive to maintain cordial relations with the neutral powers of the world. The Independent Order has no interest in intervening in their affairs and requests the same in return. We believe much can be gained through friendship with all regions and looks to engage the neutral powers in the exchange of ideas and culture.

Declaration of Non-Aggression: A Doctrine of Peace and Non-Aggression between the Independent Order and the Defender Powers of the World:

The Independent Order hereby proclaims to the world its adherence to the principles of peace, non-aggression and the right to self determination for all peoples. We consider these principles to be a cornerstone of Enlightened Imperialism and see no need for hostility between the Independent Order and defender powers. Indeed, it would be a detriment to the defender cause to divert much needed resources into interfering in the execution of our Independent policy as we both hold a mutual belief of self-determination.

The only difference between Enlightened Imperialism and the cause defenders adhere to lay only in the execution of our policies. Therefore, to treat the Independent Order as an oppressor would be a most incorrect path to follow. Furthermore, I welcome any and all defenders to discuss (or debate, if that is your desire) the pillars of Enlightened Imperialism with me.

It is for these reasons that a policy of non-aggression towards the defender powers until such a time they intervene in the execution of our Independent policy. This unilateral Declaration is made in good faith and shall stand unto perpetuity. Only should the defenders seek hostilities with the Independent Order shall we act in kind.
Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of The Independent Order

Bruthannia
Secretary

Postby Bruthannia » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:50 pm

The International Newsletter of The Independent Order.
First Edition, March, 2014.

Our Forum is at w11.zetaboards.com/Independent_Order_NS!
Our IRC room is at #Independence on irc.esper.net!

Our Current Government

Grand Chancellor: Avakael

Premier: Beatrice
Minister of Culture: ---
Minister of Truth: Beatrice
Minister of Justice: Elpidia
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Theatom117
Minister of Integration: CGJ
Minister of the Armed Forces: Elpidia

Speaker of the Senate: CGJ (acting)
Senator: Novincia
Senator: Beatrice
Senator: Elpidia
Senator: Theatom117
Senator: Ivan I
Senator: Tytor

Executive News

Early last week the population of the region began to rise uncharacteristically considering the previous steady level of the Independent order constantly hovering around the 300 members mark. With however adjustments to the recruitment telegrams as well as helpful word of mouth advocates of the Independent Order, this membership count increase over the week to around 340 members.

In a recent interview the Grand Chancellor suggested that much of the increase was down the spring break in some countries around the world but also because “less other people [were] also recruiting, so a larger share of new NS players come here.” While the Chancellor would like to play down the increase in membership as temporary, the increase in players is welcomed particularly with the role-playing activity in the region. According to the Grand Chancellor recruiting has been hard won with a conversion rate of just 0.57% and while many of the new members are active the implication is that we're going to have to fight very hard in order to keep them. A more promising sign was that specifically created recruitment telegrams had a much more successful conversion rate of around 1%.

Pictured: SPRIIIING BREEEEEAAAK WOOOOOOOO

In other news, the High Court has been getting special attention from the Grand Chancellor shortly after the Minister of Justice declared a leave of absence. With the Ministry of Justice intended to act as the Executive's prosecutor the Executive government are busy laying out the plans to bring the High Court into a physical existence rather than just existing on the constitution. Several members have joined in the discussions and volunteered themselves for role for a test case scenario to test the newly created system. Promising to be a revolutionary model the proposed idea takes judicial models from around the European Union and creating a blend of adversarial and inquisitive approaches.

Regarding International Affairs, the region has been pleasantly surprised by a number of new regions applying for embassies including Wintreath, Lazarus and the Global Rights Alliance being the latest embassies to be approved. With embassies also being established in other regions Independent Order is showing that it is looking to get more involved with regions around the world and hopes to rise to an even greater prominence.

Written by Dretsyej

Senate News

The senate have been busy over the last week and have amended various different laws and also brought in a number of new laws. Most notably the new laws were the Foreign Agent act which allows the Grand Chancellor to dispose of spies in an effective yet fair manner and the Electoral Amendment Act which makes significant changes to the way that elections are managed. However not all of the legislation has been clean sailing.

Particularly the Third Amendment to the constitution has proved to be a rallying call for previously apathetic voters who gathered to voice their concerns directly to Public Gallery and debated with Senators the pro's and con's of debating the idea of any chance of suspending the constitution. The minor rebellion was soon put to rest by skillful and diplomatic senators and the peasants that be sent home believing they had scored a decisive victory against would be dictators. In perspective several small concessions were made in a gesture of good will by the Senate and the bill was passed 6 – 0.

That one amendment was also the cause for concern after the elected Senate Speaker had to declare a leave of absence to take care of important family matters. As the constitution stood even with a declared leave of absence after seven days the Speaker if they hadn't logged in would be removed from their post permanently; a wording error meant not just as speaker, but from the senate itself. The Acting Speaker had moved decidedly quickly to try to get the amendment passed, so when the rebellion happened the Senate were noticeably squeamish and perhaps a little eager to provide concessions. Once the bill was passed the extra amendment fixed the constitution to take into account a declared leave of absence for the speaker.

The Acting Speaker brought in special equipment to get the job done.

Also with the recent interest in the Senate and the laws that they pass the Acting Speaker has been more proactive about encouraging debates which a number of senators including the Premier Beatrice have expressed their pleasure at the new interest in the workings of the Senate and the laws that they pass.

Written by Dretsyej

Roleplay News

Two events have been running concurrently through the last week. The more popular event called OrderMarks discussed an electronic cryptographic currency system bearing a passing resemblance to the real world bitcoin. Mirroring the problems of the real world MtGox, investors in OrderMarks (and variations thereof) too had lost valuable savings and the nations were challenged with dealing with the situation and coming to a compromise with each other. Another event discussed a dramatically decreased fishing stock, which why technically not as popular has spawned a number of extra threads relating to the matter and has even encouraged nations to come together and try to create a treaty to resolve the problem on a global level.

Other popular roleplaying items include a proposed Cultural Exchange Treaty which has continued to grow and develop. With the lack of success of the Covenant of Nations earlier in the year, there has been several role-playing angles at trying to create a successor alternative that will be more useful to the roleplaying world that would actually achieve the aims set out by it.

Notably wars have dominated the roleplaying over the last week. The Thematan Revolutionary Conflict was mentioned in more threads and more times than any other engagement in recent history and has not only spawned various other diplomatic and economic roleplaying threads has also been successful at bringing a lot of player together. A more one-sided story has captured the imaginations of a lot of readers called the Borland Separatists, which while it hasn't spawned any further threads itself other story lines have been tied into the action packed roleplay. There is also the Corporate Coup which has also received a lot of attention, detailing the process of rescuing a country from an underhanded corporate take over.

An artists impression of war in our beautiful paradise.

Economically minded roleplays while being few and far between have received some presence some of the most notable being the East Moreland and Safraen Technology Exchange along with the First Braz International Economic Forum. The later roleplay has attracted more players than the former but have equally achieved a lot of attention for their writing styles and followable story lines. There have also been a lot of short stories posted which have served as back stories and setting histories for the most part. Typically they are posted by nation rather than as individual articles. The Thematan Vignettes have been quite a popular read by far for quite some time.

Written by Dretsyej

Other News

In other news, one particular member has been accused of being another member, or a former member that has disappeared or even just a flat out spy. Not just from other members but also from the Grand Chancellor himself. That member is Safraen and has been particularly elusive about denying the claims, even joining in with the conspiracy theory themselves. Safraen has been a prolific poster over recent days leading some to believe that he was Elpidia the Speaker of the Senate in another disguise. While the Grand Chancellor still believes that Safraen is a flat out spy, Safraen has refuted this suggestion by pledging an oath to the Independent Order in public forum. With conspiracy article now listed in the obligatory corner the rumours look set to grow even further still. Also, the Grand Chancellor has recently been caught lamenting to senior executive government members about how some members simply don't have a sense of humor.

Our Grand Chancellor is truly amazing and wonderful and spectacular and most definitely did not abuse unofficial editorial privilege or anything.

Written by Dretsyej...?

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by United Calanworie on Sun May 14, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:59 pm

A preword from the Chancellor Emeritus, before I post the latest update here to this long maligned topic;

We're still here. We never went away, we just didn't worry about external affairs for a while. If you want a good nation roleplay experience, come join us. If you want a good government roleplay experience, come join us. If you just want to have a whole load of people to hang around with, come join us.

See you there. ;)

----

The International Newsletter of The Independent Order.
3rd Edition, June/July 2014.

Our Forum is at w11.zetaboards.com/Independent_Order_NS!
Our IRC room is at #Independence on irc.esper.net!

Our Current Government

Grand Chancellor: Beatrice

Premier: CGJ
Minister of Culture [VP]: DaveIronside
Minister of Accountability: Aeviternus
Attorney General: Achkaerin
Minister of Foreign and Imperial Affairs: ---
Minister of Home Affairs and Integration: Dijel
Minister of Defence: KaiserAdolf

Speaker: Dijel
Senator: CGJ
Senator: Hypothetical Genius
Senator: DaveIronside
Senator: Achkaerin
Senator: KaiserAdolf
Senator: ---

Executive News

Another electoral cycle came and went, lasting from July 11th-18th, though it was no different to the last. Again, the two candidates for Premier were --- of the Progressive Democratic Alliance (PDA) and CGJ of the Orderian People's Alliance (OPA). Many citizens knew that they were both extremely strong candidates. Campaigning was similar to the previous election, with both candidates working day and night to try and win the elections. --- again based his campaign around experience and decreased isolationism, whereas CGJ's campaign was again focussed on internal development.

The outcome was the same, too - CGJ won a second term as Premier in an extremely close election, defeating --- with 12 vote compared to --- 9, though --- did gain a seat in the Senate as a consolation. The OPA still controls the Executive and has a majority in the Senate.

The Ministries have been making some progress, too:

The Ministry of Culture has set up a Cultural District in what citizens are informally referring to as the "cultural revolution". It has built on some of the plans which Beatrice's administration left unfinished and finally established a Library for the region, as well as an archive section, an Art Gallery and the "Mundus Prize" scheme. The latter is a series of regularly-held contests with varying themes, and the entry which is deemed the best is given an award. (Well, we say award, it's a moral victory more than anything else.)

The Ministry of Foreign and Imperial Affairs has set up an Ambassadorial Corps to help citizens get more involved in the region - though it's mostly so people like the Grand Chancellor and the Minister of Foreign and Imperial Affairs can keep their cushy jobs whilst doing as little work as possible (the lazy sods). As you may have guessed, an ambassador is delivering this update to you right now, after going through the diplomatic visa application process:

The Ministry of Home Affairs and Integration has continued work on the Independent Mentors Corps, and has introduced a "Welcome Package", which will help newcomers hit the ground running. Furthermore, the Independent Mentors Corps is being reformed with the implementation of a newcomers' curriculum and an IMC panel, so this is expected to increase activity in the previously stagnant Ministry.

The Ministry of Defence has, unfortunately, been somewhat inactive due to the RL committments/issues of the Minister. Nevertheless, they have been able to issue promotions to various troops and new recruits are still coming through. All that remains now is to train said recruits. Additionally, both the Independent Dragoons and Independent Militia are now open for hire as film extras.

The Attorney General's Office (a.k.a. the Ministry of Justice) has fortunately had little work to do, though they have tried to ram some judicial experience down everyone's throats by holding a mock trial. The Attorney General is also planning to implement a proper Judiciary and a Prosecution Service, as well as a number of other institutions and schemes. Finally, the Attorney General's Office/Ministry of Justice is getting off its bum and actually doing something.

And the Ministry of Accountability, like the Ministry of Defence, has been inactive due to a combination of the absence of the Minister and a general lack of work. Nevertheless, once a new Minister is brought in, the Ministry of Accountability should be revitalised.

Addtionally, and on a rather sad note, Avakael has chosen to abdicate as Grand Chancellor, leaving Beatrice, his Vice Chancellor, to take the reins. Avakael officially abdicated on 30th July with his signing of His Excellency’s Declaration of Abdication Act into law. Beatrice has now taken over and is establishing a dictatorship gladly leading the Order.

Legislative News

A new Senate was elected during the last elections in July, with the OPA still holding a majority in the Senate and the PDA remaining as the official opposition Party. The new Senators are as follows:

---
DaveIronside
Elpidia
CGJ
KaiserAdolf
Achkaerin
Dijel

Or rather, they were, as Elpidia has been removed from his position as Speaker, as well as his seat in the Senate as a whole as he has gone AWOL. A by-election (the first administrated by new Grand Chancellor Beatrice) was held with Hypothetical Genius winning the empty seat.

In terms of actual legislation, the Senate has passed two Bills this term and is currently voting on a third. His Excellency’s Declaration of Abdication Act and the Judicial Procedures, Sentencing and Evidence Act have already been passed by the Senate this term, with the Succession Act currently being voted upon. The Senate certainly seems to be active this term - hopefully this trend will continue (unless some silly bugger decides to go AWOL again). No more Bills have since been submitted to the Senate Docket but we can guarantee that in time, there will be.

Roleplay News

The new convention centre forum hit the ground running as a huge host of role-players gathered at the Conference for Universal Rights. The nations gathered with the combined aim of working in unison to improve access to inalienable human rights worldwide. Much progress was made though the absence of some of the worst abusers of Human Rights was noted, and it is unsure as to whether they will abide the resolutions of the conference.

The most major event by far was kick-started by a Soviet-lead coup d’état in Themata. A hotspot for international conflict, tensions in Themata had been high and areas such as Sunlit had already been in open rebellion for some time. The USR established Themata as a vassal state, and was supported in doing so by her Warsaw allies. The Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation saw this as a breach of the Ardian Entente and acted by issuing a joint ultimatum to Warsaw states demanding primarily their withdrawal from the continent. This ultimatum was flatly rejected by Warsaw nations Thomradia and the USR as both sides mobilised for war.

As the ultimatum expired Caeledia launched an offensive in Themata, as Warsaw retaliated by attacking the CSTO state of Novincia. Warsaw has mirrored CSTO’s Themata strategy, imposing a naval blockade to render their target isolated and vulnerable. With all the major powers at war, this devastating Mundus-wide conflict could tear the region apart and is being watched intently by all.

In more peaceful role-play there have been a flurry of sporting events in Mundus. The IFFA World Cup came to a dramatic close with Quinntopia winning with a dominant 4-0 victory. The Formula Mundus tournament got underway, with the East Moreland Grand Prix having took place, with Quinntopia Racing taking the chequered flag.

On a more concerning note, a plague has been spreading rapidly across Coft Aranye. Not a conventional plague as such, but one with symptoms such as impulsive movement and unsatisfiable urges to dance in time to music. Initially chastised by many nations it has since developed into an major international issue to which many nations have put in place measures to combat.

Thank you for reading!

This newsletter was written by:

---
Major_Thom
Last edited by United Calanworie on Sun May 14, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Star IV
Secretary

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Star IV » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi! Delegate/Diplomat for Aura Hyperia here! Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I'd ask how you guys have been, but its posted right above me! :P

East Moreland
Secretary

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby East Moreland » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:04 pm

GOVERNMENT NEWS

This week brought to you by ---

Executive News

This is the first of the Independent Order's 'Monthly Special Updates'. There's not that much that's really special about them, to be honest - we just wanted to grab your attention with the name. Anyway, you probably want us to just cut to the chase and get to the news.

In our most recent Premier elections, Orderians were treated to another borefest with only one candidate nominating themselves for the job. This meant that the candidate in question, Achkaerin, secured a second term as Premier, running a campaign focused on encouraging greater newcomer involvement in the regional government, a notion which has been pushed by even the Grand Chancellor. Some citizens entered joke nominations, including Pedro and Thomas the Tank Engine, but unsurprisingly (and some would say unfortunately) they were ineligible to run for Premier.

Our new Premier (if only...)

In an effort to kickstart what is being touted as the "Revitalisation Programme" (i.e. increasing the activity of the regional government through encouraging newcomers to become involved), there has been a significant Cabinet reshuffle. Vice Premier DaveIronside finds himself as Minister of Foreign Affairs after having been transferred from the Ministry of Defence. The Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Home Affairs were split back into two separate Ministries at the start of the term, with Jeziel taking over the Ministry of Culture and the Premier taking control of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Gadshack is now Minister of Defence and Rhodes has been placed in charge of the Attorney General's Office.

Many expect the Revitalisation Programme to really begin once the Constitutional Settlement Act is passed by the Senate. The Act, if passed, will initiate significant reforms to the Legislative Government, doing away with the Senate template and introducing a lower and higher house system, with the Regional Assembly acting as the Lower House and the House of Peers acting as the Higher House. It is hoped that through participation in the Legislative Government, newcomers and relatively inactive members will be encouraged to participate in other areas of the regional government, with a particular focus on the Executive Government, the activity of which has been called into question in recent months.

In addition to pushing for greater newcomer engagement and involvement, the Grand Chancellor has also called for strengthened recruitment efforts in an attempt to further increase regional activity. This could lead to an increased dependency on the Ministry of Home Affairs in order to maintain a greater level of recruitment. Whether this could draw some activity away from other Ministries remains to be seen, but if the increased recruitment efforts are successful, then the activity of the rest of the Ministries would likely be maintained.

It is difficult to argue that this is an important and rather exciting time for the Order, so we will keep you updated on any and all developments in regards to what has been mentioned in this article - watch this space!

ROLE PLAY NEWS (if it's green you can join in)

IT'S BEEN A SLOW WEEK

ILLUMIC REUNION - Following months of inactivity the Illumic Council is getting together again and any nation interested in the Illumic Channel is invited. This time the meeting seems set for Transvaal.

ZIMALIA OUTBREAK With money being given to the Borlanders to aid the people of Zimalia it seems a terrorist organisation has become a front line humanitarian organisation, meanwhile medical experimenters from Transvaal have arrived while the disease seems to have reached Gensatatum. HEY IF YOUR NEW COME AND JOIN IN THIS ROLE PLAY.....PLEASE!!!!

MHORISH MONEY With the Mhorish Sea taking off as a region the nation of Mavrosia are trying to form some kind of economic union. The invite is open to all nations in the region. Come along and make some dough.

MEETING THE DUCHESS The Secretary General of the CTO has been meeting with the Duchess of Marseille in order to try and reach a peaceful end to the situation that's been brewing there for a while.

EAST MORELAND VISIT ACHKAERIN Following their departure from the CIS East Moreland have visited long time CIS partner Achkaerin in order to forge a treaty between the two of them. While this would seem pretty simple the first matter of the talks was about East Moreland taking custody of the murderer of Emperor Peter's wife Iona.

VEROVER INTERVIEW The interview to admit Verover to the CIS for the third time is underway, with the nation having left once and then the Emperor betraying his CIS allies it is sure to be a tense interview.

IMPERIAL ADDRESS It's that time of year when the Empress of Rokkenjima gives her annual address to her people, her allies and those she doesn't like to much but has to tolerate, which category will you fall into?

COMMUNICATION ISSUES Following being slightly naughty a Achkaerin warship is now approached by South Hills navy and asked to stop.....as if by coincidence the radio is broken, cue much flag waving.

COMMONWEALTH TREATY ORGANISATION ROUND UP

A general assembly vote is underway in order to put in place measures by which the organisation can remove members of the Security Council.

Meanwhile the Secretary General is interviewing the Rokkenjimans and Achkaerin delegations as it seems the vote to elect a leader of CTOMM will be a tie.

SPORTS ROUND UP

YOU WANT SOME RUGBY????? Applications for the regions first ever rugby world cup have opened, sign up today and even bid to host the tournament.

[big]BASKETBALL REACHES QUARTER FINALS With Brussels beating Iowa and Ironbridge defeating Quail City the Quarter Finals are set as follows:-
Number in brackets = seeding

(1)The Imperials vs. (8)Brussels Wild Cats
(4)Pretoria Province Warriors vs. (5)Roberton Barons
(3)The Legionnaires vs. (6)Greensvare Grizzlies
(2)Northfort Royals vs. (7)Ironridge Minutemen

MILITARY GAMES East Moreland's annual olympic style event is over and the home nation's elite Red Legion took the title in the last day, narrowly defeating guests Rokkenjima by a single point.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL The first leg of the Quarter Finals have been played and the results are as follows

Emancipa United 2-0 Northania P.F.C
Northfort United 1-1 Valtheim United
Conquistadores 2-4 IFK Krokom
Quinntropolis F.C 0-0 Leonaise F.C

[big]MEDIA ROUND UP[/big]

KING UNHAPPY WITH DONATIONS - The King of East Moreland has publically taken to the media to announce his concerns with donations being made to the Borlanders which are intended to aid Zimalia, his main fear is the money will be spent on weapons.

THE PRISONS ARE REVOLTING. It would appear the prisons of Pittsburgh are a dangerous place and the inmates are suing the state. A spokesman said there had been "Twenty-three separate cases of inmates being hospitalized due to chemicals within the institution causing, sometimes permanent, lung conditions"

TRANSVAAL CTO VOTE In the Transvaal Parliament MP's are voting on a wither or not Transvaal would apply to become part of the CTO. An immigration bill is also working its way through Parliament.

DARTFORDIA RESEARCH ANNOUNCED - In a slow news week researchers from one of Dartfordia’s most prestigious universities the University of Wilmington have released the results of a 12-year study which suggests a lack of exercise could be killing twice as many people as obesity in Dartfordia.

EMPEROR IN LOVE?? Emperor Peter Azurewind and actress Renee Sandiego have been photographed being romantic in the woods . The photographs seem to imply that there is some sort of relationship developing between the pair. This has led naturally to speculation that the relationship may be of the romantic nature.

SPACE DISASTER Shortly after liftoff, the Tytorian Aerospace Ministry's reusable spacecraft, SS Challenger, suffered a structural failure and exploded at an altitude of approximately 48,000 feet, or just over nine miles.

In other news the region would like to send their congratulations to Verover/Ivan for becoming a Dad. We wish Baby, Mum and Dad all the best.
Last edited by United Calanworie on Sun May 14, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.independentorder.net
The Independent Order
For All Your RP Needs
Official East Moreland RP Factbookhttp://independentorder.net/topic/10101070/2/#new

East Moreland
Secretary

Democratic Socialists

Postby East Moreland » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:39 am

As last weeks update was missed this is a double sized special.

GOVERNMENT NEWS

At first it was a request to the Senate, then a Grand Chancellors Order in Council, then it wasn't , then it was a Founders Decree and then it was probably something else, however when the dust settled the region had its first RolePlay Council. This new Council exists to help oversee the rules of roleplay and actually stands outside the legislative system of the government. The Council will have the power to suggest changes to roleplay rules and will be tasked with helping ensure the regions role play continues to be top notch.

The council consists of CGJ, DaveIronside, Rhodes, Genstatum, Hobbes, NordicPeoples and Gadshack. The Council have already begun discussing new ideas for economic measurements to be used in the region and maintaining realism in military RP's.

Following the nations distribution of it's first military medals confusion again reigned. With Sekkanar having arrived late to the liberation of the Infinite Alliance he was still awarded the Liberation medal, however being a good honest type he corrected the then Minister of Defence DaveIronside that the award was not deserved. As such new legislation has been put forward to address the issue of returning medals should they be awarded by mistake and the recipient not being as honest as Sekkanar.

The Constitutional Settlement Act is still rumbling on, it currently has been debated for almost 60 days and currently three members of the region, CGJ, Achkaerin and Genstatum are considering writing new drafts following the debate. Once a final draft is agreed upon and passes the Senate it is likely a regional constitution will take place.

VEROVER GETS GRILLED - The nation of Verover is now facing it's second interview on it's admission into the CIS. As a founder nation which left, rejoined, betrayed the organisation after a change in government and now wishes to rejoin it is likely they'll get a rough ride.

DUCHESS NOT VERY LADYLIKE While Commonwealth Treaty Organisation Secretary General has been attempting to reach a diplomatic solution to the Marseille issue things took a turn for a worse. A very worse for wear Duchess Alys seemed upset at the Secretary General informing her of a commonly known military act and promptly slapped him before walking out.

MHORISH SEA ECONOMIC UNION The three Mhorish Sea Nations of East Moreland, Mavrosia and Cohidnia are close to reaching an economic agreement aimed at making trade between nations in this region easier.

BORLAND'S BACK BABY The Borland Sepratist group have purchased a township in Zimalia and rebranded it the Principality of Northern Borland. With rebuilding projects underway the new "nation" is attempting to gain some international support.

PENULTIMO WORLD TOUR Following the death of Abran Penultimo his brother Marcelo has doned clothing and set about a world tour accompanied by his neice Janelle in an attempt to try and get some international support. Any nation willing to host a meeting us urged to sign up.

SEARCH FOR RHODES It's ok folks calm down.....where looking for the island, not everyone's favourite Canadian Seaforthian. The nation of Seaforth seek answers about their heritage and have seemingly ended up in Dijel.

ISLAND ISSUES Following the use of Antares base, a military encampment on Dijel's Dauntal island was used by Achkaerin to seemingly launch three incursions into Nueva Ardia, the latin nations friends in South Hills have begun putting pressure on the Dijel government to end the bases existence.

HUMAN RIGHTS INSPECTION After they applied to join the Pan-Albion Congress some time ago the nation of Nya Aland is currently hosting a delegation from Odmony, Dijel and Dartfordia who are keen to see if the theocracy can meet the requirements of the organisation.

ODMONY AND THE CIS TALK The CIS while talking to Verover are also chatting with Odmony. These talks seem a lot smoother and are more of a two way process with both sounding each other out on a united future.

CURTAIN FALLS IN ACHKAERIN The royal family of Achkaerin have been putting on a show of Les Mis. With guests from around Mundus performing a talking point was the failure of Emperor Alex Anselmo taking to the stage to take the final bow. The final amount raised for charity is not yet known.

THIRD INVASION???? Following incidents that have already seen actions put before the CTO a third incursion into Nueva Ardia took place, this time to remove the Justicars and Maki Hamer. The team had first inserted by Jet Ski, only for Maki to be taken hostage, a fishing boat was sunk before the team re-infiltrated via a parachute jump. This time just in the nick of time to see Prince Abran assassinated. Following their capture they were nearly sacrficied and it seems Maki may have been severely wounded.

GLASTONMUNDUS 2015 The regions biggest music festival is back. This year with three stages and three days. The playlists for the festival can be found below with acts coming from several different nations.

Pyramid Stage
Friday - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... tcYwsfCgWQ
Saturday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IS4AE2dnbG
Sunday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hhcM_1ClH8

Other Stage

Friday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... N5KUtVebdQ
Saturday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Qq5DwG8iiY
Sunday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gih7sYGFIO

Big Top Stage

Friday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7uBXkSjhMj
Saturday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... y9rOsQeM-5
Sunday:- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Dlif0wQort

With the resolution to condemn Achkaerin for their actions in Neuva Ardia reaching a point where it appeared to be going round in circles it has been moved to a final vote. With both nations given a short amount of time to make any closing statements it is likely by this time next week the verdict will be known.

SPORTS ROUND UP

CHAMPIONS CUP - The first legs of the semi finals have been played and the results are as follows

Emancipa United 1-1 Northfort United
Leonaise F.C 1-1 IFK Krokom

It would seem all is to play for in the 2nd leg.

BASKETBALL ROUND UP

After the semi finals have been played it's lead to an all East Moreland final between Northfort Royals and the Roberton Barons. The Royals defeated The Legionnaires in their semi final while the Barons defeated the Imperials.

MEDIA ROUND UP

REFERENDUM IN GENSTATUM Following the Emperor announcing a referendum into the nations membership of the CTO campaigning is underway. With urban citizens being pro CTO it seems the majority of rural citizens oppose the joining of the organisation.

BORLAND TO REBUILD The Seperatists have unveiled plans for Borland City 2017, a project to turn the ramshackle township into a modern settlement. The project will provide housing for a total of around 150,000 people and will feature many homes made out of container boxes.

JENKA LIVES.....AND BURNS The city of Jenka or Jenkinson has seen riots erupt in the shared city. Bottles were thrown at Rokkenjiman businesses, and two Jenka Police cars were torched in the street.

BUTLINS IS A BLAST Everyone favourite Dartfordian Holiday camp has been targeted by the Sorority. The bomb, while initially killing or injuring nobody, quickly sparked a fire that raged through the 1960s building, and it is believed that up to 20 people, including 12 children, perished in the resulting fire

WEDDING BELLS AND CONVERSIONS It's been a busy week in Seaforth. The so called King has announced plans to marry Duchess Alys of Marseille while Joshua Rhodes has converted to the Cult of Helus.

MISSION TO MARS Just a short time after the recovery of a dead Neuva Ardian astronaut on the Moon the nation has successfully landed a team on Mars.

COHDINIA GOES DRY The nation has suddenly banned the sale of alcohol. The measure seems to have come out of the blue and has taken the world by surprise.

PRINCESS RESCUED After being kidnapped in Dijel and being held captive in the Duchy of Marseilles, Princess Elinth Girvin has returned safely home to the Black Palace, thanks to the brave men and women of the South Hills’ military.

ACHKAERIN DISSES SEC GEN The fallout of Security Council resolution 0002 was thought to have had a line drawn under it however following comments made by Secretary-General Tim Carpenter the row has renewed with Senator Cheryl Holmes today making a statement which demanded "He therefore must give a full and unreserved apology "

SECRETARY GENERAL SPEAKS OUT Following comments made in the Achkaerin press Tim Carpenter Secretary General of CTO spoke to the press expressing his own view.

FRIENDS WILL BE FRIENDS Despite being the target of a CTO resolution Achkaerin is likely to enjoy the support of it's ally Dijel. The Federation will stand by our Achkaerinese allies, the Prime Minister, Ronan Vallerius has said, speaking at a press conference in Dijelibeybi earlier today, despite a draft resolution having been presented to the General Assembly of the CTO calling for the organisation to condemn the Achkaerinese government over their alleged transgressions committed inside Nuvia Ardian territory.

NYA ALAND STEP UP Despite not being a CTOMM nation the Nya Aland military has made assets avaliable as it believes it has a "moral obligation" to aid in the security of the continent.

UNP FIRST COUPLE TO WED The Head of State of the UNP is to marry her fiance in what is thought to believe the first same sex marriage of a Head of State in Mundus.
The Independent Order
For All Your RP Needs
Official East Moreland RP Factbookhttp://independentorder.net/topic/10101070/2/#new

East Moreland
Secretary

Democratic Socialists

Postby East Moreland » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:28 am

GOVERNMENT NEWS

With legislation created some time ago to establish a judicial system it has taken some time for the first judge to be appointed. This week however the first official appointment of a judge from outside of the Privvy Council was made when Hobbes was appointed as a judge. The region is yet to have to put its judicial system to the test and with no cases on the horizon it may be some time before the new judge can don his silly white wig and lay down the law.

The long awaited re-draft of the Constututional Settlement Act has been completed and was posted for members of the senate and the general public to pass their comments on. It is hoped that a vote by the senate followed by a referendum can take place in the next few weeks to finalise one of the longest running political debates in the Orders history.

BORLANDERS GET OUT THE BEGGING BOWL Everyone's favourite terrorists trying to go straight, The Borlanders, have requested a loan from the Mundus Development Bank in order to help rebuild the new Principality in Zimalia.

CIS DISCUSS ACHKAERIN ISSUE The Commonwealth of Independent States has begun discussing the issues of Achkaerin's involvement in Nueva Ardia. With the Achkaerin ambassador explaining their motives and thinking they are now awaiting questions from their comrades.

REVOLUTIONARIES VISIT EAST MORELAND Following the collapse of the Nueva Ardian government revolutionary leader Tero Melos has made his way illegally to East Moreland in an attempt to secure support for their new regime and ensure heir Janelle Richardson doesn't follow her claim on the throne. The King however has refused to meet instead sending a junior minister.

DANIAT VISIT EAST MORELAND Regional new comers Daniat have ventured across the Illumic Channel in order to establish relations with East Moreland. The King is hosting the President and his wife in Portworth where it is expected discussions will take place in the coming days.

MHORISH ECONOMIC UNION FORMED The nations of Cohidinia, Mavrosia and East Moreland have signed an agreement that regulates trade between them and opens up diplomatic relations. The organisation is open to other Mhorish nations to join.

HIGH PRESSURE DIPLOMACY Following several illegal incursions by Achkaerin it was decieded by Neuva Ardia to blockade the nations military base on the Dijel owned island of Dauntal. With the ambassador to Dijel from South Hills being concerned he has meet with Dijel to ensure that a legal blockade is set up that does no interfere with Dijel trade. This followed attemps at getting Dijel to close down the base.

MORE HIGH PRESSURE DIPLOMACY With tensions between Achkaerin and Nueva Ardia increasing he friends of each nation have begun talks. This time Rokkenjima have asked South Hills to close El Shaw military base leased by the Ardians.

SAIL AWAY East Moreland is gearing up for it's annual maritime festival, "The Festival of Sail". Once again invitations have been sent out to all nations of the world and so far several nations have responded. In addition to the boat based fun a gala dinner for Head's of State and Government officials will take place.

GRAN CAMBIO The saga continues as Achkaerin vessels attempt to reach Antares before the Neuva Ardian Navy lock it down. Onboard on of the Achkaerin vessels it seems Commanding Officer may have been giving away details of the operation.

The big news from CTO this week has been he passing of a resolution condemning Achkaerin fr their actions against Nueva Ardia. Following several illegal incursions the nation was condemned by the Securiy Council. In the aftermath Nueva Ardia faced criticism from several nations for the way they handled the suspected coup and their actions against Marseille. This prompted Rokkenjima to call for the nations expulsion from the security council, this however prompted the Ardians to fall on their sword and for the good of the Security Council resigned their position.

Meanwhile CTO's Mission to Marseille has still yet to take any action.

SPORTS ROUND UP

BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS CROWNED - Northfort Royals won the inaugral IOBA Championship beating national counter-parts Roberton 3-2 in a best of five series.

WORLD CUP RUGBY LAST CALL With Quinntopida having been selected to host the regions first World Cup one space is still open for teams to register.

FINAL FEVER With Champions League Final will be beween East Moreland based Northfort United and Nya Aland based IFK Krokom. With the game due to be played in Achkaerin he two teams will be on neutral ground.

MEDIA ROUND UP

WEDDING BELLS IN THE UNP The Head of Longhouse , Willa Sunrek and her actress partner Krista Rosendahl have tied the knot and married in a small private ceremony in Uppsala

DANIAT PRIDE Thousands of Dan's turned out this weekend across Daniat to celebrate LGBT Pride in the annual Pride Weekend. The jubilant and colorful celebration, complete with rainbow flags and men and women wearing all sorts of outfits, or lack thereof, was larger than expected. This year marked the ten-year anniversary of Daniat legalizing same-sex marriage, one of the first nations to do so.

SEC GEN SPEAKS AHEAD OF REFERENDUM Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Treaty Organization, Timothy Carpenter, is visiting Genstatum in an attempt to encourage a vote in favor in of joining the CTO in the upcoming referendum. Polls currently place the "YES" campaign as having a slight lead over the opposition but polling organizations have said that it is far to early to tell how the vote will go.

SEAFORTH'S McKENNA BLASTS NATIONS In a colourful rant in the General Assembly, McKenna refered to both Nueva Ardia and Achkaerin as failures as leaders on the world stage, blasting them both for the fact that two members of the CTO security council has had their relations devolve into a state where live fire has been exchanged and lives lost.

BORLANDERS SPEAK OUT King Kyle Barren made a rare press statement calling for nations of the world to give the Borlanders a chance at creating a homeland.

VIOLENCE CONTINUES IN JENKA Following more ethnic violence in the Dartfordian city of Jenka the Dartfordian government announced that they had invoked Section 48 of the Jenka-Jenkinson Local Government Act 1998, thereby suspending the Jenka-Jenkinson City Council executive.

EALN REVOLUTIONARIES GAIN SUPPORT Lead by a farmer a group are taking advantage of the confusion in government to claim more more for the working people of their nation.

EMPRESS CALLS FOR END TO TROUBLES Empress Beatrice has addressed the situation in Jenka-Jenkinson earlier today, calling for "peace and democracy to prevail in Jenka-Jenkinson, not violence and misunderstanding
The Independent Order
For All Your RP Needs

Toshikawa
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Independent Order

Postby Toshikawa » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:09 pm

The Independent Order is a vibrant community of new and veteran members of NationStates alike. We pride ourselves on being a large Modern Tech Roleplaying region, that is accessible and reasonable to everyone. In the Independent Order, there is the luxury of the region being primed towards Roleplay. We don't get bogged down with the antics of silly and cancerous Gameplay. Whether you're a new player who just can't seem to get into that 'Gameplay vibe', or a veteran tired and looking for a new RP region. We welcome anyone.

Welcome to Mundus!
'Mundus', is the name of the planet our RP takes place on. In a sense, it's sort of like an alternate Earth with a totally different geography and some truly wacky climates at times(a desert right above a nordic winterland). You'll find a massive collective of diverse nations, from your classic English Monarchy to Japanese Imperialist, to more unique and underrepresented nation's in RP. Ofcourse there are more that are hardly influenced by one culture, I've seen many of our members kinda have their own original concepts going on.

And that's the great thing about The Independent Order, we don't judge, you can be whatever you like as long as you contribute good quality RP to the region. You don't have to fill out a lengthy application so some council can overview it and decide whether you're fit to join the RP, just jump in! We thrive on nearly any contribution, even if you're not experienced and a little rough around the edges, we'll guide you through. Roleplay is sort of a practice, you get better as you contribute more.

FAQ

1.) A roleplay region huh? What kind?
We are primarily a modern tech region, though we do have one forum, the 'other world' that host a wide array of other RPs. We try to keep it reasonably realistic, we've done where within common sense, you can have good freedom of creativity.

2.) Screw realism or nah?
Nah, can't stress this enough, we like our realism with internal focus on characters. Though, we REALLY just like it if people aren't stomping superpowers who do nothing but war RP. If you want to RP a stomping superpower with 20 aircraft carriers and do nothing but war RP, prepare to be ignored. This isn't a rule, but simply a community preference.

3.) So no war?
War RP is fine, in fact great for certain types of development if you do it right. However, if all you're planning on doing nothing but war, you'll find yourself left in the dust and isolated by the disenchantment with another war about *blah blah blah*.

4.) I don't know how to RP ;-; halp
That's totally cool, like I said above we're open to guiding you. When I first arrived at the Independent Order, it was very pleasing to see a region that was willing to communicate and help me. We're very active on our IRC Channel, an awesome place to meet the most active members and ask questions.

5.) What's Gameplay Again?
Something you should stay away from

6.) Oh, what be this 'RP' then?
The best part of NationStates. Roleplay can take many forms but the best way to describe it is collective and cooperative storytelling, either on a nation, government or character level. In The Independent Order, it can be looked at as a form of Worldbuilding, we're actively creating a world together with our own nations, open to your own interpretation. Remember, it's not a competition, don't play it like a strategy game.

8.) Not sure, feel's challenging to jump into a long-going community...
It always is, but we're not an isolated RP community. Sure, collectively we have our own preferences but are entirely open to other forms that many may bring. We keep it simple: follow the rules and most importantly, don't be a dick.

How To Join

First, join the region ofcourse...

Claim your spot on the map. It takes 6 RP post to get it officially validated :)

Start RPing! That simple.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:37 pm

For historical reference, our last NS Gameplay topic can be found at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=263902

Dark Robes
Attaché

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Robes » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Is this a new development, the dropping of all gameplay features from the region?
Gradea Sanguine
Commanding Officer of the Conch Kingdom Naval Reserve

Australian, social liberal, gender egilitarian, capitalist

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:31 pm

There we go, merged that.

Toshikawa
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Toshikawa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:14 am

Dark Robes wrote:Is this a new development, the dropping of all gameplay features from the region?

We've been doing RP exclusively for a long time now, it's just until recently that the government has gotten on board with it
Last edited by Toshikawa on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay